• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Octopath Traveler [OT] Eight for one, one for eight

Shaqazooloo

And just to be clear. I don't have to repeat the chapter 1 for each play through? Like I started with olberic. And I'm playing each chars story mission. That doesn't mean I have to go back and start a new game with hanit and with Primrose etc?

There's no benefit because I'm essentially playing each characters intro mission anyway (provided I don't skip it)
You can get through everybody's story in the one playthrough, no need to start a completely new game.

cormack12

Gold Member
Finally made it through everyone's chapter 1 - the platty for Control UE kept me away. I'm too low for everyone's chapter 2, think I'm level 18 and I haven't been avoiding encounters because I didn't get the support skill on Cyrus until near the end of the round. I take it I just do a few sidequests now?

Shaqazooloo

Is there a quick way to make some gold? Seems to be the only thing really holding me back.
Have Tressa in your party and someone with the scholar job and evasive maneuvers equipped, go to a high level area and run back and forth from the entrance for about 20 seconds and then leave. Tressa can pick up between 1500 to 3000 gold depending on the spot.

You could also do some battles with Tressa or Therion and have them steal items or gold from enemies.

Raven117

Gold Member
Have Tressa in your party and someone with the scholar job and evasive maneuvers equipped, go to a high level area and run back and forth from the entrance for about 20 seconds and then leave. Tressa can pick up between 1500 to 3000 gold depending on the spot.

You could also do some battles with Tressa or Therion and have them steal items or gold from enemies.
Nice. Thank you

Top Bottom