• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus Go announced, $199 standalone headset

Jibbed

Just briefly touched on in Oculus Connect.

DL34wP6VAAARiOa.jpg

Key points:
  • Launching Q1 2018
  • Doesn't require tethering to PC or mobile device
  • 'Sweet spot' between high-end PC headsets and mobile solutions
  • It's white

Edit: More info/specs...
  • Super-lightweight design
  • Self-contained PC for power
  • 'Next generation' VR lenses
  • WQHD 2560X1440 LCD display
  • Spatial audio

Tain

Curious about specs but the video footage made the tracking look surprisingly good with a lot of hands-tracked-while-out-of-vision.

I want to believe, but I gotta be skeptical.

jmga

Curious about specs but the video footage made the tracking look surprisingly good with a lot of hands-tracked-while-out-of-vision.

I want to believe, but I gotta be skeptical.

Also, does the controllers track themselves or are they being tracked by the HMD like Microsoft devices?

Sounds like it should have the power of a high end gaming tablet if it's between mobile and a pc, a nice idea to get more be stuff out there.

I always found mobile phone vr works rather well but you need a good phone and screen which raises the price a lot.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Considering this is standalone, at $200. I wouldn't expect this to be built for gaming.

Cutebrute

Just as Palmer would have wanted
Put this poster in the first post hall of fame.

But this sounds like an interesting product. It probably should have been launched alongside the high end headset, though. I don't know if the market will care about this at $200.

As someone who owns the high end Oculus this seems closer to what I might want in the long run. I barely use mine for PC gaming these days. I get more enjoyment out of using it with applications.

Top Bottom