• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus' Palmer Luckey funds white-supremacist/misogynistic/anti-lgbt harassment group

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
In case anyone still had any respect or interest in the man or his work.

49153159.cached.jpg
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...re-secretly-funding-trump-s-meme-machine.html

Along with Luckey, Nimble America was founded by two moderators of Reddit’s r/The_Donald, which helped popularize Trump-themed white supremacist and anti-Semitic memes along with 4Chan and 8Chan. A questionnaire to become a moderator at r/The_Donald posted in March had applicants answer the questions “Is there a difference between white nationalism and white supremacy?” and “Was 9/11 an inside job?”

“It’s something that no campaign is going to run,” Luckey said of the proposed billboards for the project. “I’ve got plenty of money,” Luckey added. “Money is not my issue. I thought it sounded like a real jolly good time.”

Some reference material:

The 24-year-old told The Daily Beast that he had used the pseudonym “NimbleRichMan” on Reddit with a password given him to by the organization’s founders.

Zubz

Banned
Did we know he was a white supremacist prior to this? Either way, I guess that shuts out the Oculus as a possible VR choice if I ever buy one. Here's hoping the Vive just keeps continuing to grow!

Ouren

It's me, 2016 man

I'm outraged that I can't fund my OWN meme campaign for my Ruler Of The Hour

The thread title is kinda reaching… but ok

SerTapTap

What an absurd and horrible reason to bring down every colleague you've ever worked with. Grade A shitbag.

Did we know he was a white supremacist prior to this? Either way, I guess that shuts out the Oculus as a possible VR choice if I ever buy one. Here's hoping the Vive just keeps continuing to grow!

I'm pretty sure I would have heard about it if it were known before. This is huge (in an awful way)

Mechazawa

I feel like I read here on GAF that this actually isn't the first time he was caught being involved with some stupid bullshit, but I can't actually remember what the other thing was.

Edit: Ah, right, he favorited a bunch of alt-right garbage on twitter, including a defense of Milo when that human waste got banned from twitter.

Eat shit, Luckey.

Since hearing about this, I've looked for any sort of confirmation - it appears to be a Daily Beast exclusive, so there's not much out there.

If it's true, this is sickening. I always got the impression that he was immature for his age, even when I pre-ordered a Rift... but happier than ever that I sold that off.

bigkrev

Silicon Valley young entrepreneurial millionaire who doesn't like to wear shoes is a fucking loon, news at 11

This is a bad look, and I feel terrible for the other people that work at Oculus for having to be associated with him.

jett

D-Member
I can only wish this blows up in his face in the most glorious and spectacular way.

Fuck him and fuck whatever he is involved with.

sk3

Banned
2016, the media is finally scraping the bottom of the barrel for the dankest of memes in a presidential election. What have we become?

Top Bottom