• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oddboxx on Steam -- warning, read thread before purchasing

bumpkin

Hmm... There's a distinct lack of "Mac" in the title of that press release. Steam is on Macs too, guys. What gives?

Double D

edible_candle said:
Will the PC be getting the same upgraded version of Stranger's Wrath that the PS3 is getting?

I'd like to know this as well. Never played it, so I might as well play an updated version at this point.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
edible_candle said:
Will the PC be getting the same upgraded version of Stranger's Wrath that the PS3 is getting?
I'm wondering the same thing. Even if it doesn't this is so bought though.

Roofy

im half way through the xbox version.

the news about a PS3 port and PC release in HD so soon makes me depressed :(

Lime

edible_candle said:

Yes. Maybe even more, as far as I can recall from the thread about it. Some guy posted the renders of both the original, PS3 and PC and it looked like PC was better. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong though.

PC Stranger's Wrath uses the same ingame assets as the Original XBox edition. The difference is you can run it some REALLY high resolutions. IE 1920x1080 :) which compared to the originals 640x480 is sweet, and it looks sweet too :)

ArjanN

bumpkin said:
Hmm... There's a distinct lack of "Mac" in the title of that press release. Steam is on Macs too, guys. What gives?

I think I remember them saying it relies heavily on DirectX, so probably not.

Daigoro said:
hope they are good ports with widescreen res support.

I highly suspect the original two games will be unchanged. I'd love to see HD versions of those as well, but it's probably not going to happen.

Emitan

I always wanted to play Stranger's Wrath but never had an Xbox. Day on purchase for me. Even with the Steam Sale.

GoldenHelmet said:
PC Stranger's Wrath uses the same ingame assets as the Original XBox edition. The difference is you can run it some REALLY high resolutions. IE 1920x1080 :) which compared to the originals 640x480 is sweet, and it looks sweet too :)
What about the Cinematics? Will those be the new stuff (assuming that's a thing based on seeing the "CGI" model in some art), or the old stuff?

This doesn't include Munch's Oddyssey does it?

I already own the first two on Steam AND PSN...if Stranger's Wrath assets are only upgraded on PS3 then I'll just grab that version.

Pai Pai Master said:
This doesn't include Munch's Oddyssey does it?

I already own the first two on Steam AND PSN...if Stranger's Wrath assets are only upgraded on PS3 then I'll just grab that version.
It does. That's an even bigger hook, PC for the complete experience, PS3 for a more visual flair. I can't believe I'm thinking of getting them both.

lantus

edible_candle said:

So far no, it's only been announced for PS3, haven't heard anything about a PC version yet, but they were talking about a 360 release, but they need a pretty sizable increase on the 2gb limit set by Microsoft.

According to the last comment on Just Add Water's website, it looks like they did the PC version of Stranger's Wrath:

We are just finishing up on the PC version of Stranger’s Wrath. The PC version is a port of the original XBox version with a few updates and alterations, and runs very well on a 4 year old Laptop, so you might be surprised.
That's a little disappointing. The big draw for the PS3 version was that they were also updating the polygon-count. A PC version of that would've been glorious.

Bebpo

Banned
Yay. Will finally get to play Munch!

Will probably triple dip on Stranger's Wrath. 1 for PC for convenience of having the entire group & 60fps/1080p, 1 on PS3 for upgraded visuals. I have the xbox version but I never got around to playing it and I don't want to hook the system up again.

Lime

For those wondering about the ports:

Comparison02.jpg

So PC will use the Xbox models. Meh.

Nelo Ice

Banned
hope its cheap

always wanted to play munchs oddysee and im excited to play strangers wrath based on all the gaf hype :lol

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Depending on price i will get it this during steams Christmas sale. Then i will wait for modders to upgrade the graphics in 6 months with a patch. 2 years later i will realise i haven't played it and will do so.

scitek

Weak about it being a straight Xbox port. Like the game and all, but I really want that updated version instead since I own the original anyway.

ArjanN

Bebpo said:
Phantom Dust!
...1p :(

Breakdown.

scitek said:
Weak about it being a straight Xbox port. Like the game and all, but I really want that updated version instead since I own the original anyway.

Meh, I reserve my judgement until I actually see both versions.

MNC

Lime said:

[IMGCOMPARISON]

Aww yeah that looks great. Meh about the PC using different models though :(

Sanjay

Lime said:

Comparison02.jpg

Wow the difference between the 3k & 20k poly models is night and day but the 20k & 529k poly models you can barely tell.

And I hope for the love of god they port the PS3 port to the PC and not the Xbox one, it makes no sense making new assets and not using them for new releases.

Lime

Sanjay said:
Wow the difference between the 3k & 20k poly models is night and day but the 20k & 529k poly models you can barely tell.

And I hope for the love of god they port the PS3 port to the PC and not the Xbox one, it makes no sense making new assets and not using them for new releases.

According to Reticent Rhino's post earlier in the thread, Just Add Water isn't sensible. I think it's stupid not to use the new assets.

Reticent Rhino said:
According to the last comment on Just Add Water's website, it looks like they did the PC version of Stranger's Wrath:

We are just finishing up on the PC version of Stranger’s Wrath. The PC version is a port of the original XBox version with a few updates and alterations, and runs very well on a 4 year old Laptop, so you might be surprised.

That's a little disappointing. The big draw for the PS3 version was that they were also updating the polygon-count. A PC version of that would've been glorious.

Top Bottom