• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oddboxx on Steam -- warning, read thread before purchasing

-PXG-

This reminds me. I will send Mr. Lanning my regards and tell him that we need HD remakes of the first two games :p

Rodney McKay said:
Don't know if this has been posted yet, but I found this on oddworld.com.

"The release of Oddboxx will also coincide with the first day of the Annual Steam Holiday Sale, meaning that during the first 24 hours of release, the game will be sold with 50% of its marked price discounted.

After this and until January 3rd, a 25% discount will apply to the marked price.

The Steam Holiday Sale runs from the 20th of December, through to January 3rd, as do the discounts above, exclusively through Steam."

Day 1 50% off! Yes please!

what?! I will buy this posthaste

GoldenHelmet said:
Now there's an idea we HAVE thought of ;-)

Truth be told the reason the PC version doesn't have the HD models is the PS3 version isn't done yet, and we wanted to get the Oddboxx out this Holiday Season.

It is HIGHLY likely we will be releasing an update for PC at a later date!

Stewart Gilray
Just Add Water ;)

WHAT?! wow, what a deal.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Stew says highly likely - but he means GOING TO HAPPEN FYI. :)

Also, check Oddworld.com on the 20th. There's a 10 track soundtrack promo from three games (only Abe 1 and Stranger got OSTs) we're giving away to fans.

AND... other stuff.

Du2andal

Banned
This is awesome. I can't wait to revisit Munch and Stranger. Do we know if the Abe games are exactly the ones that were released previously?

wwm0nkey

Told pretty much every customer that was looking at our weak PC game stack about Steam and the deal they are having on the OddBoxx on the 20th......got a lot of thanks for telling them about Steam and most of them played Strangers Wrath (shockingly) and said they where probably going to get it :D

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I'll be there for the day 1 50% off sale and another step closer to my goal of getting rid of all physical media for my PC games. :D

wwm0nkey

from the official oddworld site regarding tomorrow

"Meanwhile, for those who make today their last day to surf the net for gaming news, make sure you check www.Oddworld.com on December 20th to receive some special treats we’ve been preparing for you guys."

Hope its something good :D

Darklord

Banned
wwm0nkey said:
from the official oddworld site regarding tomorrow

"Meanwhile, for those who make today their last day to surf the net for gaming news, make sure you check www.Oddworld.com on December 20th to receive some special treats we’ve been preparing for you guys."

Hope its something good :D

Last time they announced something it was a blogsite so this better be good. I'm guessing a steam sale.

Max

I am not Max
TAKE MY $13.

How's Munch's Odyssee? I remember renting it back when it first came out and getting stuck because my young feeble mind couldn't wrap my head around it. I'm hoping i'll have a good impression on it soon.

wwm0nkey

Hmmm thats weird in the Just Add Water news post (newst post obviously) it mentions Strangers Wrath for consoles and not just the PS3.

Looks like I will be buying this 3 times :lol

Luigi87

As I've never played any Oddworld title, and I've certainly wanted to, tomorrow my money of necessary value shall be theirs...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This is glorious.

Only played the first game, Munch's when I ran out of better Xbox launch games, and the 5 minutes of Stranger's Wrath I needed to know I wanted to play it badly but never got around to it.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Atomski said:
I believe that only works for Valve games.
Not always, I got a giftable copy of Monkey Island Special Edition when I preordered LeChuck's Revenge SE because I already owned the first.

It varies depending on the game.

dani_dc

Lime said:
No. But you can buy the games separately instead of an entire collection.
Considering buying Munch’s Oddysee and Stranger’s Wrath separately only saves you 0.01 there's hardly a point :lol

Especially since we have no guarantees that the individual games will also be 50% off.

Shame you can't just give the extra copies away.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Dammit, I want to try the games out! Played the demo for Abe's Oddyssee ages and liked it, never got around to buying the Steam version because I was figuring I might as well wait for the Oddbox to be released. And tomorrow it's finally releasing :D

Can't wait to try out Stranger's Wrath and the other games!

trinest

Easy_D said:
So you're waiting until today? :)

This is a joke post right?
I didn't realise it was going to be half price for only today- I thought that was what it was going to be during the whole promotion. So I was thinking there would be a 75% off day or something.

So tommrow (aka today- aka what ever) it will be $13- cool.

biocat

Man. I have drag my luggage to the airport early tomorrow morning and board a 12 hour flight. I guess I'll have to make time to log into Steam as well.

Top Bottom