• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oddboxx on Steam -- warning, read thread before purchasing

OK, so after checking the JAW twitter account for the last month (Ever since they said an announcement was coming and then never did) trying to get a release date for the Stranger's Wrath patch, it seems it may be close after all.

Q52Wq.gif

I know that new news should go in a new thread, but I'll wait to see if this actually pans out first before doing that. It could be it's finally coming out on Wednesday or maybe they're having another announcement of the announcement of the release date like they did a month or two ago.

epmode

After my initial impressions, I'm very impressed by how this turned out. I really thought this one was sent to die and I'll definitely pay attention to these guys in the future.

Now if only Namco would do something similar with the upcoming half-assed Dark Souls port.

Teknoman

After my initial impressions, I'm very impressed by how this turned out. I really thought this one was sent to die and I'll definitely pay attention to these guys in the future.

Now if only Namco would do something similar with the upcoming half-assed Dark Souls port.

Wait whats going on there?

OK, so after checking the JAW twitter account for the last month (Ever since they said an announcement was coming and then never did) trying to get a release date for the Stranger's Wrath patch, it seems it may be close after all.

Q52Wq.gif

I know that new news should go in a new thread, but I'll wait to see if this actually pans out first before doing that. It could be it's finally coming out on Wednesday or maybe they're having another announcement of the announcement of the release date like they did a month or two ago.

About fucking time. I followed them on Twitter when this whole fiasco started and every single tweet and retweet about how great the PS3 version is and how they're porting it to the Vita is really starting to make me angry.

Give it another 4-5 more months and that'll have been 2 years ago that I gave them my money for the Oddbox, and three out of the four games are still unplayable. Hell, maybe even four out of four; I've never bothered to install Munch!

Instead of them talking about how they're doing an HD remix for Abe's Oddysee and seeing WIP HD-ified screenshots of Munch, I'd really like to play Stranger's Wrath on my PC now, please. It's to the point where I am considering just buying an nVidia card, and that's fucking ridiculous.

I am completely in awe at just how hard these guys have dropped the ball and I'm definitely going to avoid buying anything else they put out.

Seagoon

About fucking time. I followed them on Twitter when this whole fiasco started and every single tweet and retweet about how great the PS3 version is and how they're porting it to the Vita is really starting to make me angry.

Give it another 4-5 more months and that'll have been 2 years ago that I gave them my money for the Oddbox, and three out of the four games are still unplayable. Hell, maybe even four out of four; I've never bothered to install Munch!

Instead of them talking about how they're doing an HD remix for Abe's Oddysee and seeing WIP HD-ified screenshots of Munch, I'd really like to play Stranger's Wrath on my PC now, please. It's to the point where I am considering just buying an nVidia card, and that's fucking ridiculous.

I am completely in awe at just how hard these guys have dropped the ball and I'm definitely going to avoid buying anything else they put out.

While I am happy that they are looking to make things right, it annoys me that the money I paid for Oddboxx was/is potentially being used to fund the PS3 and Vita ports while I have a copy of Stranger's Wrath that has never work as advertised (AMD Radeon user here). The blame was put on AMD's drivers, but most if not all other games work properly.

I'm grateful they haven't taken the money and run like a lot of developers would have, I just feel the communication to PC users should have been more of a priority. Maybe this HD patch should have come out before the PS3 version?

Hopefully they sort shot out and I can finally buy the oddbox. As a long time oddworld fan, JAW burned a bridge when it came to supporting them. Hopefully they can sort things out.

Alright Just Add Water, you have 11 hours to either launch the HD patch OR announce the ACTUAL release date.

Failure to do so will prove you are nothing but liars with pants extraordinarily on fire.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
So it's running on AMD cards now and looks a whole lot sexier? Finally I'll be able to play this. Let's just hope the actual game itself is worth the wait :p

Alright Just Add Water, you have 11 hours to either launch the HD patch OR announce the ACTUAL release date.

Failure to do so will prove you are nothing but liars with pants extraordinarily on fire.

They're probably full of shit yet again. I still can't believe that Munch's Odyssey that worked when I purchased it won't run at all (I just get a black screen on boot) and they don't even fix their crappy games any more. Or if it does come out I'm sure it'll be a mess like the first time.

Good thing I didn't make that new thread!

H0oX5.gif

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

You were a fool to think otherwise. They pulled this shit for the patches to even make the original games playable which still don't even work correctly for some. The level of incompetence at that company is just mind numbing, it makes me sad that they would handle any oddworld, even future games.

Good thing I didn't make that new thread!

H0oX5.gif

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

So they're based in England, meaning that tweet was sent out at almost midnight (e.g. Thursday morning) their time.

So they're too ill to make this announcement but not so ill that they can still manage their twitter account at 11pm? What exactly would this announcement have entailed, production-wise, that would be so stressful on potentially sick staffers?

So they're based in England, meaning that tweet was sent out at almost midnight (e.g. Thursday morning) their time.

So they're too ill to make this announcement but not so ill that they can still manage their twitter account at 11pm? What exactly would this announcement have entailed, production-wise, that would be so stressful on potentially sick staffers?

Too ill to even make an announcement. Does no one in the whole company know when it's being released besides this sick person? Why can't they give a release date and couldn't give more than "wednesday" when he wasn't even clear about whether he was referring to its release or just an announcement on wednesday.

Going back and double checking, they made that tweet at 3:32pm my time, which means it was actually 8:32pm in their time zone, I think. When I initially looked, Twitter simply said "2 hours ago", which was apparently incorrect.

To be honest, I'm no good with timezones.

Edit: Okay, it was 10:32pm in their time zone. Whatever! Fuckin' time zones, man.

forrest

formerly nacire
I've been waiting for this thread to pop up as I'm often checking the Steam forums to see when this update is coming. Came in happy, but I'm leaving not happy.
LLShC.gif

Any news? I'd love to play the game I paid for.

I think the HD update is actually in closed beta at the moment.

There was a Steam thread on it to sign up a few weeks ago but I was too slow to get in on it.

No idea how long that will go on for or when the final HD patch will release.

scitek

The closed beta actually just started today. There's an NDA and people didn't send their agreement to it, so it delayed things further. BUT, I just played the tutorial section, and it looks and runs nicely. They said we can talk about it, but no screens or videos. No idea why because some nice screens could help sell it.

Top Bottom