• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oddworld Soulstorm | Nintendo Switch Announcement

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Oddworld: Soulstorm, the award-winning sequel to the best-selling Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty, is an explosive action-adventure epic platformer. Optimized for Nintendo Switch to take advantage of the platform’s unique features, this version features the same amazing Soulstorm gameplay currently found on the other platforms (PlayStation, Xbox, Steam, and Epic Games Store), with a delightful Switch flavor!

In Soulstorm, you must help Abe on his hero’s journey to free more than 1,000 Mudokons from the oppressive chains that enslave them. Confronting an uncertain future and a forgotten past, use your instincts and skills to allude detection, survive insurmountable odds, and maybe provide a spark that sets a revolution ablaze.

Armed with an array of tactics, from stealth to going full on ballistic by utilizing scavenged trash to craft powerful and incendiary weapons, decide how best to bring the fight to your oppressors and save all the Mudokons.

In-game decisions and the number of lives saved in each level will impact the game’s outcome. With four unique endings, the choices you make will impact the game’s powerful conclusion, potentially unlocking the final two fiery chapters.

Can you save them all?

CamHostage

Heh... from PS5 exclusive to "Optimized for Nintendo Switch".

A portable version would be cool, so long as the game holds up in the port. (Not that Oddworld Soulstorm was ever truly "exclusively next-gen", it was just announced early as a PS5 game and then other platforms started popping onto the calendar, including PS4 concurrent with the PS5 launch. It is a heavy game, though, plus it has some unfortunate bugs and apparently Unity Engine hiccups.)

I keep meaning to get into Oddworld, I've got at least 2 copies of Stranger's Wrath on various platforms waiting for me but I never made the time. I don't know if Oddworlds ever go on sale but once all four are on Switch that'll probably be where I'll catch up if ever.

Last edited:

TexMex

New and Tasty and Stranger's Wrath are better Oddworld jumping off points and I believe both are on Switch. This game didn't run great on PS5, I'd imagine the Switch version will be even worse, which is what I imagine they mean by "delightful Switch flavor."

Hoppa

It won’t be free on a subscription service so I look forward to seeing this fly up the charts!

Top Bottom