• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oddworld Stranger's Wrath goes HD (PSN)

acevans2

Well they sure seem to ramping up to release a new title. They released the first two games as PSOne Classics on PSN not too long ago, and now they're going further.

I don't think they would dedicate so much energy to the franchise on one platform without some purpose.

Mohonky

LiquidMetal14 said:
This is about the silliest thing to say. Sell the damn thing if you don't want to play its offerings. I thought that's why we bought these systems, to enjoy each of the great exclusives.

I do, but I am mostly using my 360 because;

- I use Party Chat all the time
- Prefer the controller
- Use it to stream media etc

So my 360 is almost always on (I'm in party chat right now despite being on PC). I only really play full retail titles on my PS3 like 3D Dot Heroes, God of War 3 etc.

Shurs

V_Ben said:
IT
http://www.psnstores.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/OddSWPS3_1.png/IMG]

LOOKS
[IMG]http://www.psnstores.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/OddSWPS3_3.png/IMG]

GREAT
[IMG]http://www.psnstores.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/OddSWPS3-2.jpg/IMG]

Can't wait to give it a try :D

([URL="http://www.psnstores.com/2010/09/oddworld-strangers-wrath-hits-ps3-next-easter/"]Oh, and my story on it is up, in case you feel like reading the same facts from a different source[/URL])[/QUOTE]

You're using a watermarked VG 247 picture on your website, VBen. I always thought that was frowned upon.

[QUOTE=LiquidMetal14]Will fix. I fixed a type too. Business was spelled "busyness" :P[/QUOTE]

No, he meant "busyness" not "business." They are two different words, and he used the word correctly. He should capitalize "Easter" in the title.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Mohonky said:

- Prefer the controller

So my 360 is almost always on (I'm in party chat right now despite being on PC). I only really play full retail titles on my PS3 like 3D Dot Heroes, God of War 3 etc.
I only used party chat when I needed it. It's nice but it dilutes your gaming experience at times and at times it's nice to have some quiet concentration. I understand your position.

To the point though, buy the game. Who cares about your preferences when someone like me has almost every system for the very purpose of playing all the exclusives.

Shurs said:
You're using a watermarked VG 247 picture on your website, VBen. I always thought that was frowned upon.

No, he meant "busyness" not "business." They are two different words, and he used the word correctly. He should capitalize "Easter" in the title.
FML

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
LiquidMetal14 said:
This is about the silliest thing to say. Sell the damn thing if you don't want to play its offerings. I thought that's why we bought these systems, to enjoy each of the great exclusives.
Achievements.

:lol

StuBurns

Banned
I skipped it last time around because I thought Munch's Oddysee was lame, but I just watched the gamespot video review for it, and it looks pretty cool to me.

Jeez how many questions guys ...

No one mentioned Exclusive.

Price = Sweet ;-)

Trophies = Duh yeah

PC = No idea, not us.

Bonus stuff = Sweet ;-)

Shurs

Also, VBen, and maybe this is just me, but I think it's in bad taste not to link to the story that you're basing your article on. I know that you attributed the article to VG247, which is great, but also providing a link to the original source seems like the appropriate thing to do. Unless I'm just not seeing it.

gcubed

Mohonky said:
Eh? No 360 release? Would buy on 360, don't play my PS3 enough to really warrant it.
This is quite possibly the stupidest thing I've read in a while

Day one.. Easter is so far away!

Mr. Sam

StuBurns said:
I skipped it last time around because I thought Munch's Oddysee was lame, but I just watched the gamespot video review for it, and it looks pretty cool to me.

That's like skipping New Super Mario Bros. because you thought Super Mario Galaxy was lame.

Sort of.

StuBurns

Banned
gcubed said:
This is quite possibly the stupidest thing I've read in a while
Your crazy man, he has the platform it's coming out on, clearly is willing to pay the asking price, and has the time to play it, but he doesn't want on the console he plays less. Perfect sense.

Mr. Sam said:
That's like skipping New Super Mario Bros. because you thought Super Mario Galaxy was lame.

Sort of.
Quite possibly yeah, but I wasn't really following games releases that closely at the time, I imagine all I saw were a few screens in Edge or something, certainly wasn't watching gameplay videos or anything. But I can rectify my mistake and buy the new version now anyway, looks very cool.

Galaxy, the best thing Nintendo has ever done, NSMBWii, shit

Don

GoldenHelmet said:

Price = Sweet ;-)

Trophies = Duh yeah

PC = No idea, not us.

Bonus stuff = Sweet ;-)

Since it is download only, will it have a platinum trophy like Wipeout HD?

V_Ben

Banned
Shurs said:

I wasn't aware that it was, but thanks for the heads up, I changed it to one that isn't. Cheers on the title bit, I capitalized it everywhere but there :lol

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
GoldenHelmet said:

Price = Sweet ;-)

Trophies = Duh yeah

PC = No idea, not us.

Bonus stuff = Sweet ;-)

Is Move integrated into the main game or just into that "additional material" stuff?

There is a lot of FP shooting in the game so it would make sense to support it throughout I guess.

V_Ben

Banned
Shurs said:
Also, VBen, and maybe this is just me, but I think it's in bad taste not to link to the story that you're basing your article on. I know that you attributed the article to VG247, which is great, but also providing a link to the original source seems like the appropriate thing to do. Unless I'm just not seeing it.

Hmm. The link wasn't showing up. It was supposed to be on their name, so people could go straight to the site, but it wasn't showing up as a hyperlink. Should be fixed now.

MjFrancis

I can't wait. I'm not sold on the Move controls, but this was one of the games that made me regret selling my original Xbox. Then again, the disc drive stopped working in early 2006, so I should say it's one of the games that made me regret not buying another Xbox.

voltron

Fuck me. This is just so good for PS3 owners.

But fuck you Microsoft. How the sweet jesus fuck could they have been so stupid as to allow this to be a Sony exclusive. Unbelievable.

I have no interest in the console war... Im just crying bitter tears as I dont own a PS3 at present :(

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
voltron said:

But fuck you Microsoft. How the sweet jesus fuck could they have been so stupid as to allow this to be a Sony exclusive. Unbelievable.

I have no interest in the console war... Im just crying bitter tears as I dont own a PS3 at present :(

It's not exclusive.

There's a PC version coming.

There may be others too.

Roofy

what...the...fuck

i just started playing this again because i've never finished it and im not about to stop now

but i want the nice HD visuals :(

StuBurns

Banned
Kaako said:
Good stuff. Now waiting patiently for ICO & SOTC HD release.
Based on Ueda's presentation the other day, I'd say you won't be waiting long at all.

voltron said:

Didn't the guy above say it's not exclusive?

wwm0nkey

voltron said:

Hasnt been announced as Exclusive yet and it WILL be hitting Steam this year.

NIGHT-

voltron said:

I'm willing to bet that its still coming to PC and maybe to 360. And your making this seem like Halo is coming to PS3 or something..

Mohonky said:
Eh? No 360 release? Would buy on 360, don't play my PS3 enough to really warrant it.

Mohonky said:

- Prefer the controller

Congrats on turning the thread into juvenile console wars bullshit. Why the fuck would you come into a goddamn thread to tell us that you won't buy an (assumed) exclusive because it's in a console you don't like? And why the hell do you think we'd care?

TTP said:
Is Move integrated into the main game or just into that "additional material" stuff?

There is a lot of FP shooting in the game so it would make sense to support it throughout I guess.

Main game.

It would be sort of funny if this was exclusive, considering the switch from PS2 to Xbox hyping by Oddworld Inhabitants back in the day :lol

But seriously, this is great news. Stranger is one of the most underplayed games of last generation. It's a funny, beautiful and unique game with solid mechanics that deserves to be appreciated by more people.

Philthy

izakq said:
Oddworld still lives!!! <3

This makes me happy. The first game was absolutely amazing. I never got to play Strangers Wrath mostly because I thought it was heresy making a FPS, but the amount of love for it will make me give it a shot. Some Oddworld is better than none.

Top Bottom