• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Of Gods and Men [Mafia] | Ambrosia In Front Of Me

*Splinter

I don't believe you would overlook something like this. You're bad at acting. And scum. You are scum. Like Darryl. Obviously

Vote: *Splinter

Also your asterisk is a scumtell in itself.
Gorlak please I'm a fantastic scum.

(*when I am scum, that is)

Darryl

Banned
I don't think you two acting like children is particularly scummy but it's pretty obstructive. Like it isn't hard enough to get a game like this in motion as it is, you two are going to push the ball uphill. Jesus.

*Splinter

I don't think you two acting like children is particularly scummy but it's pretty obstructive. Like it isn't hard enough to get a game like this in motion as it is, you two are going to push the ball uphill. Jesus.
If you don't climb the mountain, you can never see the view from the top.

...also this was the only "obstructive" post I've seen so far. Do you have a problem with Gorlak and I feeling each other up? Was the ensuing silence somehow preferable?

*Splinter

"Tempting" was in response to Ynnny's post, not... whatever the fuck Gorlak is doing.

Gorlak: what the fuck are you doing?

FTR I doubt that's a breadcrumb, but why ask that?

*Splinter

I was leaning more toward Sisyphus, keeping with the theme.
Well this is actually a lot more compelling. I don't see how it helps us find scum though since Darryl can simply
-deny it
Or
-admit it's a breadcrumb, which still isn't particularly alignment indicative.

Now if he were dropping several conflicting breadcrumbs or name claimed as something other than this then it might have been interesting. But that can't happen now that you've highlighted it already

My impression is that this is inspired by ancient Greece but not necessarily based off of it. Haven't googled anything but with the flavor characters clearly based off of Royal and Ynny, I'm not actually expecting a Sisyphus or anything. Caught my eye as a weird thing to say all the same.

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Darryl (2)
Gorlak .103
*Splinter .120

StarSketch (1)
Swamped .85

Sophia (1)
Lone_Prodigy .81

CrimsonFist (1)
Darryl .80

Zippedpinhead (1)
Sophia .70

*Splinter (0)
Gorlak .101 .103

Lone_Prodigy (0)
*Splinter .115 .120

No active vote for Day 1:
CrimsonFist
EzekelRAGE
fengshuifever
flatearthpandas
Freakinchair
Giant Panda
Kyanrute
OceanicAir
Seath
StarSketch
WhereAreMahDragonz
Zippedpinhead

Day 1 ends:
tur_1459548000.png

10 votes for majority

Gorlak

Banned
Now if he were dropping several conflicting breadcrumbs or name claimed as something other than this then it might have been interesting. But that can't happen now that you've highlighted it already
Alright if that's the way to go, next time I see something odd, I'll keep my mouth shut about it. There clearly is a bigger chance to create discussion if we just don't talk about anything.
--
No, I can't do that. Splinter please let me play how I want to play. You can't honestly think we would catch "scum darryl" because he drops several breadcrumbs for different roles.

Kyanrute

I love day one. Why can't every day be a day one. It truly is the best day of all days.

13-1-4. I still know fuck all about balance so this is nothing but a guess, an act fitting the best of days. 4 comes from the 20% from Darryl said and to further illustrate the likeliness of that is the fact that Love Boat had 3 scum in a game that was essentially was a 15 player game. The four includes the scum god. Neutral being a god-hunter or something like that would make sense, but it is a neutral so who knows what the fuck they are.

The way the things are worded makes me believe that we win even if the scum god is alive. Of course, as we don't know what the gods are capable of, this too might or might not be the case. Also, there is a slow information leak mechanic via the night pms or it is just going to be the gods telling us how much they like to watch us masturbate. That too, we'll see when the time comes.

*Splinter

Alright if that's the way to go, next time I see something odd, I'll keep my mouth shut about it. There clearly is a bigger chance to create discussion if we just don't talk about anything.
--
No, I can't do that. Splinter please let me play how I want to play. You can't honestly think we would catch "scum darryl" because he drops several breadcrumbs for different roles.
Alright, you've spotted a potential breadcrumb. Please explain what you think this means. You say it's "odd" here. Why is it "odd"?

Gorlak

Banned
That's a typical scum Kyanrute post. I'd vote you right now, but Darryl has a fishing rod in his hands - the obvious sign of scum.

That's a typical scum Kyanrute post. I'd vote you right now, but Darryl has a fishing rod in his hands - the obvious sign of scum.

What is calling out potential breadcrumbs if not "fishing?"

Alright, you've spotted a potential breadcrumb. Please explain what you think this means. You say it's "odd" here. Why is it "odd"?

Also this, the initial post was a common metaphor. Not really that odd.

Gorlak

Banned
... so breadcrumbs should not be talked about? Just let them be there and ... wait?

What's the benefit for town when breadcrumbing?

Good morning, I just knew the day would start in the middle of the night. Anyway, it's interesting that Giant Panda asks for Komena to reveal itself because "gods can't be interfered with" even though the day start post especially states the opposite.

And Darryl is clearly scum.

That's not what I said. I was essentially speculating that there had to be ways to remove gods, otherwise Komena could reveal him/herself without being interfered with.

*Splinter

... so breadcrumbs should not be talked about? Just let them be there and ... wait?

What's the benefit for town when breadcrumbing?
To lend credence to your eventual claim. It may be important for the rest of town to believe you - such as in lylo.

Really there are town and scum benefits to breadcrumbing, a breadcrumb on its own doesn't really do anything though (in fact it's already a failure if it's been spotted).

This conversation is boring and pointless and I find it interesting that Darryl is letting it play out.

Kevyt

Absolutely no one role claim on day 1. It hurts town more than it helps.

Heed the Ethereal Three Eyed Sloth's words!

Also, I do believe we have four scum and that would include Peripseros. To me, he's like a Godfather in steroids.

I am inclined to believe that we have neutrals, perhaps even one and that their win condition is to slay both gods.

Likewise, I think both gods can target each other and subsequently kill one another.

Therefore, our god Komena should not role claim for any reason. I strongly believe in this if the other two points are real.

This Three Eyed Sloth will draw strength from its abilities to protect our god and bless our town team.

tumblr_n2rocvuL1r1r9uuuso1_500.jpg

Blessed be the way of the Sloth, blessed be those who follow the way of the Sloth~

Gorlak

Banned
Absolutely no one role claim on day 1. It hurts town more than it helps.

This Three Eyed Sloth will draw strength from its abilities to protect our god and bless our town team.

Hey... eh... I see... well this could be... .. but wait... it's better to not talk about it and... do nothing, right?

*Splinter

That looks like a Seath to me

(I have no idea. Seath claimed ordinary when he was a D1 lynch candidate in WWE. He was some useful power role. I'm still trying to figure out how to communicate with the Seath.)

Kevyt

Hi Seath

Tell me more about Pepsimaximus

Pepsimaximus? As in Pepsi or Peripseros?

Hey... eh... I see... well this could be... .. but wait... it's better to not talk about it and... do nothing, right?

No, you can talk about it. I have no problem.

Blessed be the way of the Sloth, blessed be those who follow the way of the Sloth~*

Because Komena blesses the Sloth and blesses us all. I wasn't inferring that the Sloth is far superior than our god Komena. Just felt that needed to be cleared.

I'm trying not to be a heretic to our god Komena

Kevyt

I'm just saying that we've all been blessed with Komena's grace~

Except the followers of Peripseros.

Those goons...

*Splinter

Pepsimaximus? As in Pepsi or Peripseros?

No, you can talk about it. I have no problem.

Because Komena blesses the Sloth and blesses us all. I wasn't inferring that the Sloth is far superior than our god Komena. Just felt that needed to be cleared.

I'm trying not to be a heretic to our god Komena
Yeah Peripseros. Do you know anything about him/her/it?

Top Bottom