• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Of Gods and Men [Mafia] | Ambrosia In Front Of Me

Sophia

Well you voted for Gorlak, then relented and instead are angling for a poster who voted for Gorlak. So did you really find Gorlak scummy? Can you attempt to be consistent here?

Sorry that my opinions change as the day goes along and I get new reads, oh great and wise King Darryl. =P

zippedpinhead (0)
sophia 70 (179)

crimsonfist (2)
darryl 80 (297)
oceanicair 336
sophia 337

sophia (1)
lone_prodigy 81 (294)
wherearemahdragonz 335

starsketch (3)
swamped 85 (254)
gorlak 412
crimsonfist 435
*splinter 444

*splinter (0)
gorlak 101 (103)
gorlak 331 (412)

darryl (1)
gorlak 103 (160)
*splinter 120 (305)
giant panda 261

lone_prodigy (2)
*splinter 115 (120)
crimsonfist 138 (328)
zippedpinhead 359
kyanrute 374
crimsonfist 415 (435)

fengshuifever (0)
gorlak 160 (180)

wherearemahdragonz (1)
gorlak 180 (218)
seath 343

no lynch (0)
gorlak 218 (331)

gorlak (5)
sophia 221 (262)
darryl 297
*splinter 305 (387)
fengshuifever 315
flatearthpandas 396 (399)
flatearthpandas 399
starsketch 406
ezekelrage 445

seath (0)
ezekelrage 229 (418)

flatearthpandas (1)
swamped 254
crimsonfist 328 (415)
*splinter 387 (437)
ezekelrage 418 (445)

Swamped

Banned
How do you feel about Gorlak right now? Is he an on first day lynch target

I don't know Darryl. Looks like FEP claimed a PR. Whether it's a town PR remains to be seen. Looks like Gorlak is currently in the lead. He is fighting very hard, which is something scum or a PR would do. It's illuminating seeing how others are reacting to him at any rate.

Gorlak and Star in the lead. uhhhhhhh

VOTE: StarSketch

I'm here until the deadline.

Well you voted for Gorlak, then relented and instead are angling for a poster who voted for Gorlak. So did you really find Gorlak scummy? Can you attempt to be consistent here?

...All right, now I'm actually getting a scum read on Sophia here because of this.

She's actually been all over the place all day.

I wonder how fast I can back read on mobile.

Buddy_christ.jpg

took more than 24 hours but I told you so.

Sophia

I'm the Priestess. You're very own x-shot PR. Doc and RB.

flavor is very minor... temple yadayada wipe out scum.

I think Darryl did a fantastic job at finding out town power roles. He's scum. If I get lynched, look at him. This is my last concern today. Look at how he wants FEP to spill the beans. I have a very bad feeling about him.

If you want me to survive, we should lynch StarSketch (simply because she came out of nowhere in last hour madness)

giphyy7sga.gif

Oh fuck it, I don't care if this hangs me later for inconsistency.

Vote: StarSketch

So is it get starsketch or get Gorlak?

I'm still on lone_prodigy because effectively sitting it day 1 is not helpful to town (even if you are a power role).

If I see at tie in 4 minutes I will break it though, I just won't like it...

Gorlak

Banned
I AM PRIESTESS - PR

JI6FlWx.gif

Do what you must.

I think you will do fine without me, there is plenty of stuff here. Just look at everything going on here.

I think scum is Darryl 100%
mister I don't lynch high day 1 99%
miss choo choo 51% (enough to lynch)

zippedpinhead (0)
sophia 70 (179)

crimsonfist (1)
darryl 80 (297)
oceanicair 336
sophia 337 (456)

sophia (1)
lone_prodigy 81 (294)
wherearemahdragonz 335

starsketch (6)
swamped 85 (254)
gorlak 412
crimsonfist 435
*splinter 444
swamped 454
sophia 456
kyanrute 457

*splinter (0)
gorlak 101 (103)
gorlak 331 (412)

darryl (1)
gorlak 103 (160)
*splinter 120 (305)
giant panda 261

lone_prodigy (1)
*splinter 115 (120)
crimsonfist 138 (328)
zippedpinhead 359
kyanrute 374 (457)
crimsonfist 415 (435)

fengshuifever (0)
gorlak 160 (180)

wherearemahdragonz (1)
gorlak 180 (218)
seath 343

no lynch (0)
gorlak 218 (331)

gorlak (5)
sophia 221 (262)
darryl 297
*splinter 305 (387)
fengshuifever 315
flatearthpandas 399
starsketch 406
ezekelrage 445

seath (0)
ezekelrage 229 (418)

flatearthpandas (0)
swamped 254 (454)
crimsonfist 328 (415)
*splinter 387 (437)
ezekelrage 418 (445)

This last minute change really makes me sad, I'd honestly rather see a Gorlak go over Sketch just to dissuade people from giving into last minute claims. Because if you thought he was scummy before he'll still be scummy tomorrow. More often than not, a dead townie will be the result of this. But nothing stops this train I guess.

The great council of midseason mods has decided not to accept StarSketch's command because it was formally announced by a game mod that posts with timestamp XX:00 would not be taken into account.

As the day aged and the shroud of Night approached, the villagers grew anxious and urgent, aware that they must make their choice of sacrifice by the end of the the day. The giant spider was only getting hungrier and angrier and it was overtly growing additional mouth with every passing hour.

"The Greater Good demands it! The Greater Good demands it! The Greater Good!" The villagers started to chant.

They pushed and shoved, pointing fingers at each other until finally their attention settled on StarSketch.

With quivering lips, StarSketch trembled and shook her head in passionate protest.

"No! Not I! Not I! Why?!!!"

The others were not listening. They couldn't. The sounds of gnashing teeth were filling their minds with fear and irrational thoughts. Hands shot out to StarSketch, grabbing her violently and they dragged her towards the spider of the thousand mouths. Quickly and almost with too palpable a glee, they tossed StarSketch into a fate that she was not quite prepared for. The sounds of StarSketch's limbs were horrifying enough as they were chewed and torn to pieces, but it was the frightening scream that did not seem to end for a long time that would haunt them in their sleep.

They were still rooted in their fright as the spider finished its meal. Softly, it accepted their sacrifice and revealed StarSketch's true soul...

StarSketch, The Chosen One has been lynched

Welcome!

80.jpg

This may be the only chance you'll ever get. You've been prepared for this. They sent you here knowing what would happen. They sent you here to fulfill your destiny. You know you are more than a human. You know everything about them. You know one has to fall for another to rise. For you to rise. For you to become a god.

You are the Chosen One.

You are aligned with Yourself (That's Neutral).

You win if you are a god and still alive at the end of the game.

Once per game, during the day phase, you may post Deicide: <Player> into the game thread. If you do, if the chosen player is a god, that player dies and you become a god. If the chosen player is not a god, you die instead.

Once per night, you may send us the command Investigate <Player>. If you do, you will learn if the chosen player is a god.

You are also able to withstand one attempt to your life during the night. The first time you are attack, that kill will fail (1-Shot Bulletproof).

The game thread is here:

If you have any questions, please send a PM to YesNOnoNOYes or Royal_Flush.

Please post in the thread or reply to this message a confirmation that you received it.

Have fun!

Day 1 Ends.

QbPTSSb.gif

The Night ends in:
tur_1459638000.png

Final vote tally for D1:

zippedpinhead (0)
sophia 70 (179)

crimsonfist (1)
darryl 80 (297)
oceanicair 336
sophia 337 (456)

sophia (1)
lone_prodigy 81 (294)
wherearemahdragonz 335

starsketch (6)
swamped 85 (254)
gorlak 412
crimsonfist 435 (471)
*splinter 444
swamped 454
sophia 456
kyanrute 457
giant panda 473

*splinter (0)
gorlak 101 (103)
gorlak 331 (412)

darryl (0)
gorlak 103 (160)
*splinter 120 (305)
giant panda 261 (468)

lone_prodigy (2)
*splinter 115 (120)
crimsonfist 138 (328)
zippedpinhead 359
kyanrute 374 (457)
crimsonfist 415 (435)
giant panda 468 (473)
crimsonfist 471

fengshuifever (0)
gorlak 160 (180)

wherearemahdragonz (1)
gorlak 180 (218)
seath 343

no lynch (0)
gorlak 218 (331)

gorlak (5)
sophia 221 (262)
darryl 297
*splinter 305 (387)
fengshuifever 315
flatearthpandas 399
starsketch 406
ezekelrage 445

seath (0)
ezekelrage 229 (418)

flatearthpandas (0)
swamped 254 (454)
crimsonfist 328 (415)
*splinter 387 (437)
ezekelrage 418 (445)

Gorlak

Banned
Turn up the Hype! Only 4 hours to go! ^-^

That's the source for my cute avatar, if you click the image you'll get to the creator's website (goubetty) :)

CHAPTER II

A few minutes before the sun rose, with the world still in anticipation of the gentle pierce of the sun's rays, with the oppressive darkness of the night slowly losing ground against the uprising light, the people were awakened by a voice whispering - or screaming? - into their ear, the same voice the heard the day before. But what Royos said was not just his, surely strange, equivalent of 'Good Morning'. It was a sermon, going on for just a few minutes, but feeling like several hours, in which they quickly came to the realization that they did not and probably never would grasp even a fraction of the words meaning, of the mysticism they contained, of the implications for their own future they had. They just listened, and as they kept listening their mood changed, they became more eager to hunt down their opponents, but at the same time felt a strange laziness, combating with their Eagerness. They have never felt those feelings together and neither have they ever felt them so strongly. They didn't know exactly where they came from, but they knew it had something to do with the two strangers that started all this. Would they still be on the townhall's roof? Don't they have to eat? To sleep? To pee? All of these questions and many more went through their head as they slowly got out of bed, ready to do what had to be done.

Today's dictates are: Eagerness and Inactivity

This day phase there will be two lynches. If a player reaches majority, they are "locked in" and votes can not be removed from that player. The day continues normally and the new majority is relative to the not "locked in" votes. If no player reaches majority, the two players with the most votes will be lynched.

During this day phase players can't make more than 10 posts each.

The day has not started yet. Do not post!

The day starts in:
tur_1459638000.png

For reference:
whopostedgqakb.png

RetroMG

Altonus Brownicus here, reporting on the latest events in this Ambrosia cooking contest. Some of the contestants have wondered aloud what happens if they break today's edict. I spoke to the Gods and Godesses in charge, and was told that the penalty for breaking the edict is to be fed to a hungry spider.

Now, I assume that means that their Ambrosia dish will be fed that large animatronic spider? I don't know, Foodicus Networkion doesn't pay me enough for these local gigs.

If you break the edict, you will get one warning, and then you will be modkilled.

Well, if you get the warning or a direct modkill depends on wether I can believe it was an accident... Do not disobey Dictates on purpose!

155.jpg

They gathered again on the plaza. Royos and Yena still were standing on top of the roof, staring into the distance with an indifferent look on their face. Then Royos subtly nodded and the townsfolk started to argue who they were going to sacrifice today.

Nobody has died during the night

Day 2 begins

The day ends in:

Top Bottom