• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa

Banned
from ResetEra lol. what a tool

"As a member of the nu-male underclass, please allow me to prostrate before our new transgender overlords. I henceforth relinquish my right to an opinion along with my testes and any semblance of self-respect I may have had left."

Woo-Fu

Banned
I'm confused about "duration pending" bans. I was banned for "rationalizing fascism" in a discussion about Bolsonaro and the Brazilian presidential elections. It initially looked like the ban would take only 1 week, but it was eventually changed to permanent.

That was my first and only infraction on ResetEra.

It isn't about infractions, it is about participating in the groupthink. After a temp they review your post history to see if you're one of the pod people or a rational human being in disguise.

mekes

Now that anybody who disagreed with their general consensus is banned, they can have their 8 page circle jerk and plot victory against the stupid men of power. Yay :messenger_horns:

So before anyone asks..the report that was linked in the thread that the mods keep linking back to

The report was compiled by a transgendered reporter who has only a masters degree in medical physics and was done on only a handful of athletes.

Papa

Banned
So before anyone asks..the report that was linked in the thread that the mods keep linking back to

The report was compiled by a transgendered reporter who has only a masters degree in medical physics and was done on only a handful of athletes.

No conflict of interest detected.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

So about as useful as a wet paper bag proving the existence of aliens.

So about as useful as a wet paper bag proving the existence of aliens.

Well I don’t mean to attack the source as there is some interesting stuff in there but you can’t really seperate the fact that the results may of been setup in a way that supports a narrative and not a proper scientific study that has been done by multiple and qualified people.

This sort of knee jerk reactions to things is going to get someone killed all in the name of political correctness.

Edit
Just want to add the idea of a seperate class or league that is genderless seems to get thrown about but from my personal experience with people like this is that it segregation and makes them feel like freaks when they are simply trying to do what their heart wants...more of a psychological barrier.

But from the couple of friends I have that are transgendered...they agree..common sense needs to apply as no amount of hormones or treatments can undo stuff you are born with.

Last edited:

Night.Ninja

Banned
Hannah Mouncey. It was AFL aka Aerial Ping Pong, not rugby. She’s built like a shick brithouse at 190 cm and 100 kg. For reference, the average professional male AFL player is 188 cm and 88 kg. I hadn’t heard about the leg break — not surprised since our media was almost completely siding with Hannah during her push to play in the professional women’s league a couple years ago. However, a bit of googling shows that "one [female] player broke her leg in a tangle of legs with Mouncey." This is her:

images
Wow

Dunki

Well I don’t mean to attack the source as there is some interesting stuff in there but you can’t really seperate the fact that the results may of been setup in a way that supports a narrative and not a proper scientific study that has been done by multiple and qualified people.

This sort of knee jerk reactions to things is going to get someone killed all in the name of political correctness.

Edit
Just want to add the idea of a seperate class or league that is genderless seems to get thrown about but from my personal experience with people like this is that it segregation and makes them feel like freaks when they are simply trying to do what their heart wants...more of a psychological barrier.

But from the couple of friends I have that are transgendered...they agree..common sense needs to apply as no amount of hormones or treatments can undo stuff you are born with.

like this?

A way to address this would be to, in conjunction with my previous idea of separating the raw performance tiers into two categories based on whether the majority of athletes in a given tier are male or female, just have a hard policy of maintaining an even 50/50 split of the sexes for the whole league.

How would that even work? and even if you split it 50/50 the first 50% would be men and the last 50% would be women. People are actually insane to believe that removing gender categories will work in Sports. Or they want to eliminate women from Professional sport in general.

like this?

How would that even work? and even if you split it 50/50 the first 50% would be men and the last 50% would be women. People are actually insane to believe that removing gender categories will work in Sports. Or they want to eliminate women from Professional sport in general.

It’s not an easy thing to balance and unfortunately not enough study has been done from both sides to really justify anything.

As everyone knows there is genetics in bodybuilding and as much as people try to cheat or bypass things some bodies don’t react in the same way as others...the term genetic freak gets thrown around quite a lot for some of the greatest bodybuilders and outside of the extremely hard work these guys/girls put in many bodies are different and react different to training compared to others and some would say have it much easier due to...genetics

Genetics is not something you can bypass..the examples of Hannah the afl footballer who even after 2 years of hrt and surgery still posses the physique/strength of a male footballer and she probably will always be that build and size due to her genes.

In order for progress there is going to have to be some halfway point for both sides otherwise someone is going to get seriously hurt.

Choices in life come with sacrifice and consequences. You shouldn't expect the world to bend to personal decisions. That would mean you think you deserve special treatment. Sorry. You deserve equal rights just like the rest of us, not special rules because of your personal decisions. DNA is matter of fact.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
why did red knickers ban himself
Out of all people, why would you care about me?

Aw. Let me know too.
Considering the short duration, maybe exam preparation or similar? We are sucking his time out of him so much that he may turn from nice and solid gouda to swiss cheese.
I was being sick for a week already and i recognized one of its byeffects was having a short fuze which is a rarity for my sakes believe it or not.

Therefore, i decided it would be better to assign myself a temporary ban before i would say something in the heat of the moment i would inevitably regret later on.

For reference, he committed (temporary) seppuku right after this exchange: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/anyo...non-white-races.1471591/page-5#post-253754393
You will get your answer. Also no need to post references whatsoever, its just stirring a topic that's best left there instead of here.

He'll be back, anyway. Reading through it appears he was having a long morning... it's hard for me to be sure his loss of patience was exclusively due to the conversation topic. But hey, what do I know.
It was not. I assigned myself a temporary leave to save the users here with bullshit. It is better that way, no?

lol I Yoshid the fuck out of him
The thing with you matt is that you don't have an off switch and have difficulties reading how a poster is. You will double down on it.

He can dish out the harassment, you'd think he'd be able to take it.

Jokes.
I have dealt with enough both here and elsewhere, but pat yourself on the back for making that comment when i was away instead of telling it me directly.

That’s fine, but it wasn’t the point I was making. The point was that criticism of religion should not be held to the same standard as criticism of immutable characteristics.
And i agree. More later.

lets have a party for redneckerz when he returns. *invites every character from every video game ever made
I am looking around but i am seeing no party.

Which is good by the way since i am easily the worst user on this forum.

What makes you think we haven’t already?
Have we?

I nominate Papa Papa to create Redneckerz welcome back thread :p
Have not recieved an invitation yet.

We all know his “party” would just be him, a cum closet and a blow up Evilore doll.
You say it as a joke but it would be true though. People only care on a superficial level. That is not necessarily this community, just in general.

WHAT?.... They are nuts
That's the problem, that's what trans athletes have. But pointing that out is transphobia.

I love how the staff policy is not on educating people but just banning them straight away. Yeah, i am sure that helps advancing trans acceptance. Just not educate people at all.

Its also peculiar how one guy gets a perm (But he replied to Platy so you know why) and another 2 weeks. And Stinkles gets nothing ofcourse for addressing Ketkat and being the transphobe he actually is in ResetERA terms.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
why not? we're in the same gang
Oh God. Why are people so goddamn nice to a floating head?

Am i in some alternate reality where Matt is actually nice and even Cunth thinks im a goodfella?

Thank you.

Nah, we are definitely happy to have you back, and can appreciate and understand. So... welcome back, Red!
wCPP9nv.gif

Well, one video game character showed up to celebrate though! Welcome back, Mr. Necker.
2060667.gif

EDIT: Well darn i did miss Angular getting banned. What a terrible post.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
While we don't agree on everything whether it's politics or choice in video games, the differences are what brings us together. It is boring if everything were so alike, so that's how we learn from each other; learn to understand and appreciate those differences from another perspective, which in turn, brings us together as a community.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
While we don't agree on everything whether it's politics or choice in video games, the differences are what brings us together. It is boring if everything were so alike, so that's how we learn from each other; learn to understand and appreciate those differences from another perspective, which in turn, brings us together as a community.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
Well, it's Resetera which we all know is a fortress of intellectualism and reasoned debate. So I'd guess he probably expected a nuanced, indepth discussion on the effects of video games vs physical activity on kids.

Besides that. I mean... in my purview, a forum about video games, regardless of the nature of that forum, will have some sort of less-than-desired reaction to a thread titled "I don't respect video games as a medium."

You don't see me walking into bars, going "I don't respect drinking behaviors in any regard." It begs the question whether he was looking for it, or just displaying naïveté.

Winter John

Gold Member
Besides that. I mean... in my purview, a forum about video games, regardless of the nature of that forum, will have some sort of less-than-desired reaction to a thread titled "I don't respect video games as a medium."

You don't see me walking into bars, going "I don't respect drinking behaviors in any regard." It begs the question whether he was looking for it, or just displaying naïveté.

The title was a bit inflammatory than it needed to be, but I thought some of the responses were quite toxic and not a good look for the nation's favorite AAA pr site.

prag16

Banned
People are actually insane to believe that removing gender categories will work in Sports. Or they want to eliminate women from Professional sport in general.
That's my favorite part about this whole thing, even beyond the insane moderation policy in the topic. There seems to be a lot of posters that actually seem to believe removing gender categories will work. Even if it's only for individual sports like boxing/mma/etc, and it goes by height/weight/etc. I don't think they'd want to see the result if the men's 145lb champion for example took on the women's 145lb champion. The woman might actually die. And I guess they don't care about the chainsmoking 300th ranked dude curb stomping Serena several years back while allegedly hung over and mostly doing trickshots after the first set.

Last edited:

Mohonky

WHAT?.... They are nuts

The reasoning was that a moderator referenced ONE study done to 'confirm' that transgender athletes after a period of hormone treatment would have comparable muscle and bone mass and density...….except the study doesn't actually explicitly find this, it just stipulates that it must be taking place because they looked at the average times of 8 runners as they transition and their testosterone levels come more in line with those of someone born female. At no point does the article actually provide any measurable data to suggest anything close to the comparison or change of muscle or bone structure mass and density, it just assumes as much based on those average times, that being the longer the athletes spent on hormone therapy, the more their performance margins dropped off.

The next few then come back to reference that same article and author while again pointing out that because their was a noticeable drop in performance, that this must be a result of those same changes in muscle and bone density and mass.....which again, was never actually measured in the first place, just assumed on the basis of performance.

It seems more a case of confirmation bias.....without the actual confirmation, to support the argument.

So yes, based on this totally unscientific study as proof of....something, anyone who provides any discussion that does not lean in the manner of 'they're totally equal why can't they compete' is deemed to be posting transphobic nonsense and subsequently banned.

tkscz

The reasoning was that a moderator referenced ONE study done to 'confirm' that transgender athletes after a period of hormone treatment would have comparable muscle and bone mass and density...….except the study doesn't actually explicitly find this, it just stipulates that it must be taking place because they looked at the average times of 8 runners as they transition and their testosterone levels come more in line with those of someone born female. At no point does the article actually provide any measurable data to suggest anything close to the comparison or change of muscle or bone structure mass and density, it just assumes as much based on those average times, that being the longer the athletes spent on hormone therapy, the more their performance margins dropped off.

The next few then come back to reference that same article and author while again pointing out that because their was a noticeable drop in performance, that this must be a result of those same changes in muscle and bone density and mass.....which again, was never actually measured in the first place, just assumed on the basis of performance.

It seems more a case of confirmation bias.....without the actual confirmation, to support the argument.

So yes, based on this totally unscientific study as proof of....something, anyone who provides any discussion that does not lean in the manner of 'they're totally equal why can't they compete' is deemed to be posting transphobic nonsense and subsequently banned.

So it doesn't check things like change in diet, change in training regiment, how athletic they were prior to transitioning, any of that?

ZeroGravity

You just know these are the same people who get up-in-arms about anti-vaxxers and climate change deniers. Even if you're right on those issues, you kind of lose the moral high ground when it comes to claiming people ignore science when you turn around and do the same thing for other issues.

Ellis

Fucking wow at the bans in that powerlifting thread. Why even allow threads on sensitive subjects be created when you know exactly how it is going to end up ?

Because this is exactly how they wanted it to go down.

Last edited:

NickFire

If one "scientist" says that a few rounds of hormone treatment can turn Andre the Giant into Alexa Bliss, it clearly must be true.

Grinchy

Banned
Fucking wow at the bans in that powerlifting thread. Why even allow threads on sensitive subjects be created when you know exactly how it is going to end up ?

Because this is exactly how they wanted it to go down.
Yeah, I'm starting to think that it's just part of a big machine now. Making a thread like that is guaranteed page views and tons of them. People who want to discuss the nuance of a subject like that are ready to be banned and the loons love watching the witches burn. And sensible people enjoy the bans too because it confirms our feelings about the place. There's always a huge turnout from every crowd.

If they actually banned every member who expressed independent thought, and every one of these types of threads was just 200 members all posting the same agreement, the threads would die quickly and there would be much fewer page views. So the people in charge are very lucky to have this rage machine on their hands to churn out ad views all day long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom