• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Faggot and retard I guess
Ah. Yeah, I should’ve guessed those. What’s funny is that both those words used to be fine for PG-13 movies, but now we’ve got adults terrified of saying them. It’s fucking retarded.

And I just realized where the word faggot comes from. Bundle of sticks, indeed.

Ah. Yeah, I should’ve guessed those. What’s funny is that both those words used to be fine for PG-13 movies, but now we’ve got adults terrified of saying them. It’s fucking retarded.

And I just realized where the word faggot comes from. Bundle of sticks, indeed.
Or
images

Kagey K

Banned
Faggot and retard. (Actual according to Ree)
Funny about those words.

My son recently told me he wanted to enjoy some of the movies I enjoyed when I was a kid. So we have been.

I didn’t realize how laced some of these movies were with swears and sexual content.

But I figure I turned out fine (?) so he should too. Regardless of if he saw these movies or not.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I hopped in the car to head down to the store to buy meself some faggots for dinner but the traffic retarded my speed so much I turned around and went home.

Being British and asking Americans if they "fancy a fag" is peak reaction baiting

Fake

I learn that 'X-you' means 'love you' from the Butcher in Cadillacs and Dinosaurs arcade game.

Last edited:

Clarissa

Banned
Just noticed that their ex moderator Sweet Nicole got banned. Any idea what happened?

Was reading this thread when I saw the banned tag.

Last edited:

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Just noticed that their ex moderator Sweet Nicole got banned. Any idea what happened?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/de...r-bet-about-that.115841/page-20#post-21521819

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels

SweetNicole being banned is a surprising twist. I haven't seen the original imagem before it was deleted by mods, but now I'm curious.

EDIT: It was apparently a Trump avatar. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

HUELEN10

Imagine being so scared of the President of the United States, a nation seen by most in the western world as being at least an ally and at most as an example for good, that using a pic of the president of said nation as an Avatar gets you banned.

Has anyone just been outright banned for an avatar of the President before? Can’t remember

Last edited:

I recall that a decade or so ago there was this image from Britain on that product or another that was being marketed with the "Faggot Family" complete with a family portrait. That sure did make the rounds back then on GAF as you could imagine with a number of people learning that the word had other meanings in other places (amongst the giggling, naturally).

Last edited:

HUELEN10

This was allegedly the avatar.

3c9c515b-696e-499d-94yj87.jpeg

So now she is banned, and now the forum believes she is a racist Trump supporter. This could lead to others questioning the rest of moderation, making it even more extreme. This could actually be the beginning of the next phase for this community's story.

Wonder what will end up happening this season.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR

3c9c515b-696e-499d-94yj87.jpeg

So now she is banned, and now the forum believes she is a racist Trump supporter. This could lead to others questioning the rest of moderation, making it even more extreme. This could actually be the beginning of the next phase for this community's story.

maxresdefault.jpg

It's just like one of my prophetic Russian allegories Japanese animes.

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels

It's curious how era is somewhat self-aware on how everyone among themselves judge and dogpile each other based on their avatars, yet no one is questioning if that is the right behavior to have or not.

"Hey, we shouldn't use that avatar because our shit communty is going to treat us like shit by assuming that we are shit people! But that's totally the fault of the avatar's creator, btw!"

And now SweetNicole tasted a bit of the poison she helped to create.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
Imagine being so scared of the President of the United States, a nation seen by most in the western world as being at least an ally and at most as an example for good, that using a pic of the president of said nation as an Avatar gets you banned.

Has anyone just been outright banned for an avatar of the President before? Can’t remember
They didn't ban a user when they turned Trump into a Swastika.
p9DqnBe.jpg

Although the user in question no longer sports it.

Last edited:

Saruhashi

Banned
How quickly they turned on her.

gXxZRx8.jpg

Surely that Avatar makes sense as a "punishment" for the loser of a bet over there?
How the fuck can they not get the joke?

We're all massive anti-Trump people over here and if you lose this bet then you will get a super humiliating or embarrassing avatar.
Doesn't "something Trump related" pretty much follow from there?

Thing is if they really REALLY believed that Trump is so bloody awful then shouldn't it be a permanent ban?

That's a thing I don't get about over there.
They are against Racism like it's the worst of the worst crime. Support Trump? You are getting people killed.
Jokes about Trump? You are trivializing racism and oppression.

Yet, when someone does something like this it's "banned (1 week)".
Only one week? Fuckin weird.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Surely that Avatar makes sense as a "punishment" for the loser of a bet over there?
How the fuck can they not get the joke?

We're all massive anti-Trump people over here and if you lose this bet then you will get a super humiliating or embarrassing avatar.
Doesn't "something Trump related" pretty much follow from there?

Thing is if they really REALLY believed that Trump is so bloody awful then shouldn't it be a permanent ban?

That's a thing I don't get about over there.
They are against Racism like it's the worst of the worst crime. Support Trump? You are getting people killed.
Jokes about Trump? You are trivializing racism and oppression.

Yet, when someone does something like this it's "banned (1 week)".
Only one week? Fuckin weird.
That is because the "noble" purpose of ERA is only a mask for narcissists to impose their will upon others.

Making fun of Trump in a thread? Dance, puppets!
Using Trump to make fun of others? Blasphemy! That's the job of moderation.

Don't forget that SweetNicole is a former mod. I have no doubt that ERA staffers/owners are in the process of clearing out some of their own intellectuals in the very same way that the naive intellectuals of the USSR were shoveled into the furnace with the other counterrevolutionaries just the same.

Making a Trump joke at the expense of the sheep is a huge no-no. Such spectacles are only appropriate in show trials. The Party must have the opportunity to review and approve all propaganda (including satire and comedy). SweetNicole learned that The Party is not interested in their personal struggles...

Wow. If she does one more thing she will probably get perma banned. She now has a history.

It's crazy how everyone just turned on her, it's like Lord of the Flies.

Last edited:

Saruhashi

Banned
I never laughed so hard in my life.

It's great. Some ridiculously funny posts in there.

excelsiorlef: "Can we not use MAGA avatars as jokes."
Fuckin' Joke Police are on the case. Jesus Christ.

This is my favourite though:
Frecklestein: "A friend in WrassleERA got banned for three days for admitting to using illegal streams to watch WWE, as a sort of protest. Yet this is okay?"

Hahahahahaha. Holy FUCK! Watching WWE on illegal streams "as a sort of protest".
Amazing.

Forget about Tiananmen Square lads, my friend has been watching WWE for free! On illegal streams!
Hahahahahahaha. Fuckin brilliant.

Surely the lamest, most pathetic, protest the world has ever seen.

Just fightin' the power. By watching W-fucking-WE on illegal streams!
Fuck, I am dying here.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I think what's especially dumb is that admitting to piracy has always gotten you ban there, the same way it had been here. Not expecting a ban for your "protest" and then having a friend freak out about it as an injustice :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Also they have a really bad time with somehow not moderating the people insulting and cursing at people as long as the recipient is an "undesirable" and insulter is protected. Somehow telling a previous mod (admin?) to go fuck themselves over a joke avatar bet is cool, but the joke avatar was going 2far.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I have a feeling some shit's going to go south here. :messenger_neutral:

Its kind of telling that they talk about the "token black guy" trope in Event Horizon (Richard T Jones as Cooper) when the movie STARS Larry Fishburne... ffs. It doesn't even fit the (truthfully, bogus) trope of "black guy dies first" as he's one of the only charaters to survive the movie!

Papa

Banned

images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom