• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ol'Scratch

Somebody with gif editing skills who can replace the cross for REEEE logo?

tenor.gif
The saddest part is not even for a moment did I think it was a joke thread, it is disturbing
For the record about that gif , the carpenter calls that penance we call it foreplay.

Boss Mog

Mental Illness: The Thread. The responses in this thread, the way they so seriously argue over some fan-art with a little lighter skin. These people must be institutionalized for their sake and ours.

JordanN

Banned
I posted before in this thread, but I mentioned that race isn't limited to skin color.

Black people don't have to be "dark" to still be considered African descent.
Case and point, Michael Jackson will always be Black/African American, even after his skin condition made him lighter than some actual white people.

3ZcL2MH.jpg

But ooooooooooooh no. SJW's wont ever accept that. It's funny, they're the ones who bitch and moan about certain things being a "social construct" but god forbid you change a cartoon character's skin and it's like you committed the most serious of crimes even though there are real life examples of different people having different shades of skin color.

Edit: And now you got idiots who take some cartoons too far.

m9M80yU.png

Ah yes, Who could forget the secret skin color conspiracy? All artists are apart of the globalist cabal to repaint Black people with white skin. All done as a "joke". :pie_eyeroll:

Last edited:

CyberPanda

Banned
I posted before in this thread, but I mentioned that race isn't limited to skin color.

Case and point, Michael Jackson will always be Black/African American, even after his skin condition made him lighter than some actual white people.

3ZcL2MH.jpg

But ooooooooooooh no. SJW's wont ever accept that. It's funny, they're the ones who bitch and moan about certain things being a "social construct" but god forbid you change a cartoon character's skin and it's like you committed the most serious of crimes even though there are real life examples of different people having different shades of skin color.

m9M80yU.png

Ah yes, Who could forget the secret skin color conspiracy? All artists are apart of the globalist cabal to repaint Black people with white skin. All done as a "joke". :pie_eyeroll:
The Reee never ends.

Mista

Banned

3ZcL2MH.jpg

m9M80yU.png

That gave me a laugh. Thanks Jordan🤣

brap

Banned

3ZcL2MH.jpg

m9M80yU.png

I mean it seems like just a joke to them too. Black people always calling each other shit like waffle colored negros or darkskins.

Raptomex

Same. I bickered with them on that type of thing as well. I’m all for livable wages, stronger workers rights and protections of them, more social supports and safety nets for the less fortunate and so on. But I’m not in favor of things like universal basic income. Able-bodied people should be working (and being paid a livable wage) and contributing something to others/society, nit just sitting in their asses and getting money each month.

I love travel, but I couldn’t do it all the time and get stir crazy if I take too much time off work. I like my job and I like to stay busy. There’s only so many days I can do stuff around the city, watch movies/tv, play video games etc. before getting bored AF. I’m a bit over a week out from surgery to repair a bicep tendon and already have cabin fever and will try and go into the office at last a couple days this week.
Understandable. I splurge on things here and there and every now and then I will take a trip. But I don't like the projection that we all must travel. Era's obsessed with that. It's like if you don't travel all the time, you have no life which just isn't true. I know many people that spend all their free time travelling or "going out" and then complain about living paycheck to paycheck. I know what they do for a living, many of them make more than I do, so all I can do is laugh.

Ultimately, I like having money, preparing for my future, and being financially stable. When I'm financially stable, I can do things I enjoy. When I'm doing things I enjoy, I'm happy. As far as I'm concerned, I'm just living responsibly and within my means. I guess you could say I like "hoarding wealth". Although, I'm far from being what anyone would consider wealthy. But on Era, that could be a dangerous mindset because eventually you'll cross the threshold into "unethical" territory and then you're just evil. So we should all be giving our money away to the less fortunate because "empathy". I'm empathetic and am well aware that there are people out there that do not have the same privileges as many other people and some were just dealt a bad hand which really sucks. But then there are others who are just lazy, don't want to work, or willingly make bad decisions. I know. I've met quite a few. I don't want to pay for them. I have empathy for those with actual issues that hold them back and those that try but just can't catch a break. I have no empathy for those that express their desire not to work or do anything to improve their situation and then expect a handout when something bad happens.

Era loves telling people how much money people should have and what to do with it. The balls. I don't think every rich person is unethical nor do I think they wake up every morning thinking of new ways to exploit their employees while laughing maniacally as the cash comes rolling in. The system is certainly fucked and needs to be addressed but just attacking anyone with money will not solve the problem. And it's laughable to think that if most of the people on Era came into mass amounts of wealth, they would just give it all away. Give me a break.

nush

Gold Member
Understandable. I splurge on things here and there and every now and then I will take a trip. But I don't like the projection that we all must travel. Era's obsessed with that. It's like if you don't travel all the time, you have no life which just isn't true. I know many people that spend all their free time travelling or "going out" and then complain about living paycheck to paycheck. I know what they do for a living, many of them make more than I do, so all I can do is laugh.

Ultimately, I like having money, preparing for my future, and being financially stable. When I'm financially stable, I can do things I enjoy. When I'm doing things I enjoy, I'm happy. As far as I'm concerned, I'm just living responsibly and within my means. I guess you could say I like "hoarding wealth". Although, I'm far from being what anyone would consider wealthy. But on Era, that could be a dangerous mindset because eventually you'll cross the threshold into "unethical" territory and then you're just evil. So we should all be giving our money away to the less fortunate because "empathy". I'm empathetic and am well aware that there are people out there that do not have the same privileges as many other people and some were just dealt a bad hand which really sucks. But then there are others who are just lazy, don't want to work, or willingly make bad decisions. I know. I've met quite a few. I don't want to pay for them. I have empathy for those with actual issues that hold them back and those that try but just can't catch a break. I have no empathy for those that express their desire not to work or do anything to improve their situation and then expect a handout when something bad happens.

Era loves telling people how much money people should have and what to do with it. The balls. I don't think every rich person is unethical nor do I think they wake up every morning thinking of new ways to exploit their employees while laughing maniacally as the cash comes rolling in. The system is certainly fucked and needs to be addressed but just attacking anyone with money will not solve the problem. And it's laughable to think that if most of the people on Era came into mass amounts of wealth, they would just give it all away. Give me a break.
People can share poverty but they can't share prosperity. Meaning from my own experience, when a group of you are having hard times it's beneficial to share resources. When one of the group makes a breakthrough and earns more money the less well off start to be an anchor and want to share what you have now in a false equivalence with them sharing what you all had when you had no money. I've been there a few times, they shared what they could afford and then want the same equivalent from you from what they think you can afford. It's not everybody, but you only take one or two,people with you and leave the rest behind.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member

Yep. Fuck all that noise over there. Like I said in a prior post, I’m not going to feel bad for having a household income around $200k, having a nice house and yard in the city instead of an apartment/condo or any of that jazz that gets their goats over there. It’s mostly just jealousy as a lot of them are only anti-capitalist as a combination of bad life choices and mental illness means the keyboard warriors railing about this stuff will never make a decent wage.

We worked hard to get our PhDs and work hard in our careers to continue doing better for ourselves. Plus, when I was dating finding someone that st least made similar money to me was a key criterion. Again, luck does play into it of course, but it’s not all luck. One has to work hard continuously and make smart life decisions to put themselves in position to maximize their chances of succeeding.

As for travel, I agree people shouldn’t feel a need to do so. Some people just don’t like to travel, others just can’t afford it while being responsible and saving enough for retirement etc. wWe take two or three trips (mostly international) a year. But I’m 40 and my wife is 35 and we make nice incomes so we’re more able to do that while still saving and not living anywhere near paycheck to paycheck vs the average game forum member who is typically younger and not as settled into their career and savings yet.

Helios

Mental Illness: The Thread. The responses in this thread, the way they so seriously argue over some fan-art with a little lighter skin. These people must be institutionalized for their sake and ours.
zmpPZi7.jpg

Empowering. Brave. Yass Queen Slay.

9yTq9fU.jpg

Racist piece of shit
Learn the difference, it could save your era account.

Last edited:

MilkyJoe

Are they banning adverts from the 1950's or something? When has a recent commercial had anything like this. Most of the recent gender stereotyped commercials have just made the man or husband be the dumb dumb in the relationship. Are those banned too?

Same bullshit as them claiming there are no women leads in movies. Blind to their own bollocks.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
(Discord Chat Deleted)

Lol ok.

I have the platinum in Wipeout HD (PSN profile: Sleep8, notice I have it for both PS3 and PS4 versions), the platinum for Bloodborne which was easy by the way, and I played Quake Champions at a competitive level for 100+ hours despite it being a dead game with only 500 concurrent users and shitty netcode.

I've been playing games since I was 4 years old starting with Duke Nukem 3D on MS-DOS. Itsamiracle, you are the kind of person who I easily take out in any multiplayer game in any genre. I also excel at singleplayer games. Do you like Zelda or Metroid? I've played randomizers to make the game harder. Do you like Final Fantasy? I've downloaded ROM hacks to make the game harder. I NEVER play a game on anything less than hard difficulty, except for the indie game Faster Than Light which was unfair.

So yea I guess you could say Gaf is a nice place because, unlike Era, we have people here who actually play videogames instead of lamenting that your anticipated sequel doesn't have 10 pronoun options.. If I so much as suspect that I see you on PSN or Steam in a game because of a similar username, I will treat you to the biggest ownage of your entire sad little life. You will be spawn camped. You will be combo juggled. You will be left with no other recourse other than to tell your mom to unplug the internet.

Consider this a warning, fucker.

Last edited by a moderator:

crowbrow

Banned
Wtf, Twitter and Resetera are so pieces of shit sites, harassing a person that does fan art over a color palette. FFS, does these people have anything ever important going on in their lives other than trying to find the most insignificant shit to get outraged at and offended at? Talk about privilege that seems their biggest problem and source of anger is a fucking color palette from some random person on the internet. What a fucking toxic environment these places are.

Boss Mog

The thing is they have no problem darkening light skinned people. They constantly want Jesus to be dark skinned but if you look at jews in Israel, they're mostly very light skin. Cleopatra is other one they constantly want to make her dark, black even, yet she wasn't even Egyptian. She was mostly Macedonian Greek since she was a direct descendant of Ptolemy I Soter who took control of Egypt after its conquest by Alexander The Great and proclaimed himself pharaoh. Rulers of the ptolemaic dynasty didn't mingle much with the native Africans and stuck to their own, Cleopatra herself marrying her own brother.

Michele

you.
Sub_Level Sub_Level That was an nice comeback, about what you posted toward itsamiracle I mean. I can imagine that guy was humiliated. :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: Seriously, why do they bark, but not bite?

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
It's astounding that they haven't realized that the last time a community was so convinced of it's own superiority was around 1940. Anyway just a quick update , TheQuartering is covering the Era situation after he's looked into it a bit more... which is positive I think, anyway hopefully it will all work out.

Barnabot

'Create an account on a gaming forum'.
'Complain about people playing game'.
'Complain about zombies being black'.
'Complain about zombies being white'.
Hey. I know that forum. My first international gaming forum I ever joined.

First I joined because of being a "gaming forum". Then I left because of everything else you've listed.

Rien

Jelly Belly
Requested a perm last saturday but I can still log in but I am banned tho so I cant use its functions.
Anyone with an account there can search me and see if I still have a account?
Username is Moose the Mooche

Last edited:
Requested a perm last saturday but I can still log in but I am banned tho so I cant use its functions.

Well you are banned but your account is still there yes i can see it.

Last edited:

Battlechili

Banned
"Resetera and the pedo problem"
So I just saw someone post about this in a Discord I'm in and I can't believe someone actually took so much time on something so completely bullshit.
For all the effort to claim Resetera is full of pedophiles, all I saw in those screenshots were posts about anime art and lolicon. Pedophiles? Give me a break. What a bunch of nonsense.
If you're gonna claim someone's a pedophile at least use legitimate evidence instead of slandering them using discussion of cartoon characters. Throwing around words like that should not be done lightly.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member

Requesting a perm will ban your account and leave it up (and you can usually e-mail and have it reopened if you'd like).

If you'd like it deleted, e-mail them and request that your account be deleted with accordance with privacy laws. I did that last week and my account was banned and deleted within a couple hours. The name will still show up in quotes, but all original posts show "deleted member #xxxxxx"

Bryank75

Banned
So I just saw someone post about this in a Discord I'm in and I can't believe someone actually took so much time on something so completely bullshit.
For all the effort to claim Resetera is full of pedophiles, all I saw in those screenshots were posts about anime art and lolicon. Pedophiles? Give me a break. What a bunch of nonsense.
If you're gonna claim someone's a pedophile at least use legitimate evidence instead of slandering them using discussion of cartoon characters. Throwing around words like that should not be done lightly.
There is a screen cap of the guy admitting he had sex with an underage (15) girl and then there is a lot of talk about grooming. The guy has been banned but it took them forever and it's only because of it going public.

At this point, I suppose it is their community and they should run it how they want. They never had a good reputation anyway but it's a whole lot worse now.

Last edited:

Battlechili

Banned
There is a screen cap of the guy admitting he had sex with an underage (15) girl and then there is a lot of talk about grooming. The guy has been banned but it took them forever and it's only because of it going public.
If that's the case, why is it buried under a bunch of discussions about cartoon characters? That's a legitimate issue and actual evidence of pedophillia; throwing in discussions of cartoon characters makes it hard to believe there's anything of legitimate concern in the thread and makes it harder to actually find the content pointing out real issues. Posts like that kind of admittance should be at the top and on the forefront of the attention. Not discussions of LovePlus characters.

Like the thread is full of content by Celine that's basically:
*person owns manga collection*
Celine: wtf why are you letting these sick fucks on your website?
Mod: Bruh this isn't anything
Celine: YOOOO WTF THE MODS ARE PEDOPHILES
And the end result of this is Celine making a 43 page thread about how right they are.

Last edited:

Enygger_Tzu

Banned

Account made in 2014.

If that's the case, why is it buried under a bunch of discussions about cartoon characters? That's a legitimate issue and actual evidence of pedophillia; throwing in discussions of cartoon characters makes it hard to believe there's anything of legitimate concern in the thread and makes it harder to actually find the content pointing out real issues. Posts like that kind of admittance should be at the top and on the forefront of the attention. Not discussions of LovePlus characters.

And the end result of this is Celine making a 43 page thread about how right they are.
There were people who were initially skeptical because discussion about lewd fanart wouldn't make a smoking gun. When someone showed screenshots of an Era user bragging about having sex with an underage girl, that was when we had undeniable evidence. At the time, the user was still not banned and the mod team did absolutely nothing until off-site attention got too big for the matter to be ignored.

ResetERA, a gaming site for people that are too afraid of different opinions than their own and may not be able to function in the real world.

A Yoga instructor was lost in the jungles of Hawaii, and managed to survive until she was found by a local. Now someone from ResetERA would end up crying and complaining, and possibly be dead less than 24 hrs because they don't have their daily soy latte.

JordanN

Banned
Last edited:
YiUrkPI.png

When all else fails, guess what the SJW's run to? Slavery. That's the answer to all their struggles in life.
I wont even bother to highlight both posts. Reparations is never happening.
Shame on the SJW's for trying to push this stuff non-stop and everyday people being forced to tolerate this crap.

giphy.gif
So he comes here, and argues of his ideals, but when no one agrees with his ideals, he jumps to ReeeeeeeeeeeeeesetERA because they'll agree anyways without challenging his claims? LOL

There is a difference between a manga and Loli (which is what the stuff on the sever was)

I don’t think many people would actually bat an eye to most manga stuff but underage school girls getting fucked by squids????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom