• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesseract

Banned
By the way, EVERY single time. EVERY single time. Resetera sends people to Neogaf to start damage controlling every time I report illegal activity on their website.

Every single time. I've caught on to their stupid games. I'm not going to stop.

Fuck you. If you don't think I haven't been paying attention, I have.

keep reporting illegal activity dude, i'm glad it rustles jimmies

Tesseract

Banned
You encouraging him is only going to make him feel worse about himself and will achieve nothing.

Although there is a part of me that assumes you already know this.

i don't give a shit what outcomes occur, or what you think i assume

report all the activities you want dude, maybe lay off the paranoia

CyberPanda

Banned
A shame I had to waste a post on Mr. No name here, but still hot on the immigration topic, Microsoft developer Stinkles buys the "concentration camp" libel.

MQDyjH3.png

Good to know Microsoft only hires the best and the brightest to slander the Trump administration. Can we expect the next Halo to make fun of "Drumpf" now? Lol, see what I did there?

You know, because that's the only argument these SJW's can make. "We need open borders! If you're against unlimited immigration, you're a racist! But only in America. We're fine with Japan enforcing their borders, but Americans, you guys are Nazis for doing the same!"
Stinkles is a good guy, just really brainwashed. Sad.

Michele

you.
They have a very special extremist hugbox to defend and they will defend it with tooth and nails. And you always seem to be peeing in their cereal whenever their try preach their extremist bullshit. So what did you expect? :p

Leave him alone. Jordan just likes this job. Actually, would it not be better to report the threads on ERA to FBI?

Papa

Banned
Why are you so obsessed with era? I mean, everyone here enjoy talking shit about that cesspool, but you're a bit much.

Maybe it's the narrow focus you bring to the table. It's always Trump, borders and those evil immigrants with you. You sound like a xenophobic old geezer.

You quote a post by a user that got banned for that very post, for crying out loud. And it's not the first time.

You could just ignore this thread. I like Jordan’s contributions.

Papa

Banned
I sure as hell do not think I need to explain myself to anyone. It is my opinion and I stand by it. People may like to fan flames for the lulz and to see the internet reactions and they encourage people like this and hey, more power to them. I do not care about lulz. This person has issues.

If you’re going to call him a straight up nutjob, you kinda do, especially in the context of him reporting on actual nutjobs that you seem to be ignoring. Jordan has strong opinions on immigration that I don’t completely agree with, but he substantiates them a lot better than most and I can actually see where he is coming from. I’m yet to see anyone adequately refute his points on Japan’s stance on immigration and its subsequent low incidences of terrorism — I’ve only ever seen emotional overreactions. A public discussion isn’t a 1v1 battle in which you can just belittle your opponent then strut around while claiming the moral high ground. You need to actually refute their points, otherwise you push observers like me away from you and towards your opponent.

Ol'Scratch

If you’re going to call him a straight up nutjob, you kinda do, especially in the context of him reporting on actual nutjobs that you seem to be ignoring. Jordan has strong opinions on immigration that I don’t completely agree with, but he substantiates them a lot better than most and I can actually see where he is coming from. I’m yet to see anyone adequately refute his points on Japan’s stance on immigration and its subsequent low incidences of terrorism — I’ve only ever seen emotional overreactions. A public discussion isn’t a 1v1 battle in which you can just belittle your opponent then strut around while claiming the moral high ground. You need to actually refute their points, otherwise you push observers like me away from you and towards your opponent.
I am not ignoring anyone nor am I saying anyone else is right. This person literally comes off as someone screaming in rage at his monitor and ranting about things that are not black and white . He is quick to point at REE for being totally biased and one sided but he reacts in the very same vein. FUCK Japan's stance on immigration, who fucking cares? Did I or anyone in THIS thread point to Japan? Not that I can see in this thread. I also never once brought up immigration as I am not here to debate it nor am I here to get into the logistics of immigration, but I sure as fuck do not believe in rounding up all the illegals and shipping them back. I also do not agree with letting anyone and everyone in. But again that is not a topic here. His discussions in THIS thread on the past two pages come off as irrational rants of a conspiracy nut. Again I know people love to fuel that shit and watch the fire burn for entertainment purposes.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
I am not ignoring anyone nor am I saying anyone else is right. This person literally comes off as someone screaming in rage at his monitor and ranting about things that are not black and white . He is quick to point at REE for being totally biased and one sided but he reacts in the very same vein. FUCK Japan's stance on immigration, who fucking cares? Did I or anyone in THIS thread point to Japan? Not that I can see in this thread. I also never once brought up immigration as I am not here to debate it nor am I here to get into the logistics of immigration, but I sure as fuck do not believe in rounding up all the illegals and shipping them back. I also do not agree with letting anyone and everyone in. But again that is not a topic here. His discussions in THIS thread on the past two pages come off as irrational rants of a conspiracy nut. Again I know people love to fuel that shit and watch the fire burn for entertainment purposes.

Illegal aliens have broken the law and should be sent back in all cases. They are not refugees and they are not immigrants -- they are trespassers who drain a lot of money from the economy and bring crime and other problems with them because they have bypassed the processes that are supposed to filter that out. What is the purpose of having borders and laws if you don't enforce them? I cannot fathom any argument to the contrary that isn't simply a cover to boost votes for a particular party.

Japan's stance on immigration is relevant because many of Jordan's arguments that are being used to paint him as a nutjob -- not just by you but many others that have come before you -- revolve around immigration and its negative cultural consequences when not done sustainably.

I'm not fuelling anything for entertainment here, I simply want you to substantiate your own arguments if you want to call him a nutjob, not ironically veer off into the irrational ranting that you accuse him of.

JordanN

Banned
But again that is not a topic here. His discussions in THIS thread on the past two pages come off as irrational rants of a conspiracy nut. Again I know people love to fuel that shit and watch the fire burn for entertainment purposes.
Once again, who forced you to come into this thread and read my posts? Name the person who is giving you such orders.

If you can't, you are being a hypocrite. There are hundreds of threads on Neogaf, yet you only picked out this one and in the process, had the gall to call me a "master chief of future mass shooting suspects".

Why shouldn't I have my suspicions that you are from Resetera or have an agenda against what I do? Because you only chose to pick on me and refuse to own up to it.

If you wanted to be a rational person or the better man, you could have simply thought of my posts as being weird and moved on. But you deliberately came here looking to start a fight, and are now attempting to deny it.

Last edited:

Ol'Scratch

Illegal aliens have broken the law and should be sent back in all cases. They are not refugees and they are not immigrants -- they are trespassers who drain a lot of money from the economy and bring crime and other problems with them because they have bypassed the processes that are supposed to filter that out. What is the purpose of having borders and laws if you don't enforce them? I cannot fathom any argument to the contrary that isn't simply a cover to boost votes for a particular party.

Japan's stance on immigration is relevant because many of Jordan's arguments that are being used to paint him as a nutjob -- not just by you but many others that have come before you -- revolve around immigration and its negative cultural consequences when not done sustainably.

I'm not fuelling anything for entertainment here, I simply want you to substantiate your own arguments if you want to call him a nutjob, not ironically veer off into the irrational ranting that you accuse him of.
I do not think that you are understanding... I am not here to discuss immigration. If I wanted to do that I would go into the political forum. Why do you think I give a fuck about Japan's immigration or think I want to discuss immigration with anyone here. Never once have I mentioned it before the last post.
I am talking about his ranting about rounding them all up, about reee sending people out for him to stop him and reporting message board posts to the FBI. The things that you call "emotional overreactions" perhaps.

Ol'Scratch

Once again, who forced you to come into this thread and read my posts? Name the person who is giving you such orders.

If you can't, you are being a hypocrite. There are hundreds of threads on Neogaf, yet you only picked out this one and in the process, had the gall to call me a "master chief of future mass shooting suspects".

Why shouldn't I have my suspicions that you are from Resetera or have an agenda against what I do? Because you only chose to pick on me and refuse to own up to it.

If you wanted to be a rational person or the better man, you could have simply thought of my posts as being weird and moved on. But you deliberately came here looking to start a fight, and are now attempting to deny it.

This thread is not JordanN's rants. I have been participating in this thread for a while now completely and happily oblivious of you.
I will not even dignify the second sentence and if that does not justify what I have said, I really do not know what will.
I also have not once even made an attempt to deny anything at all, nor will I.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
This thread is not JordanN's rants.
And it's not called "Ol'Scratch gets to call people mass murderers and feigns innocence too".

If you don't want to deny anything, then go into every other Neogaf thread and call people serial killers or mass shooters. Tell me how that goes.

But no, you didn't do that. You specifically hounded out my posts and started a confrontation over it.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
I do not think that you are understanding... I am not here to discuss immigration. If I wanted to do that I would go into the political forum. Why do you think I give a fuck about Japan's immigration or think I want to discuss immigration with anyone here. Never once have I mentioned it before the last post.
I am talking about his ranting about rounding them all up, about reee sending people out for him to stop him and reporting message board posts to the FBI. The things that you call "emotional overreactions" perhaps.

Would you be concerned about Islamic radicals calling for the deaths of infidels on Twitter?

Ol'Scratch

Would you be concerned about Islamic radicals calling for the deaths of infidels on Twitter?
Nope. Again Politics here X ........................................................................................................................................me here X
Not sure how much better I can explain that I have absolutely no interest in discussing politics on here and IF I did I would go into the political thread and participate.

Papa

Banned
Nope. Again Politics here X ........................................................................................................................................me here X
Not sure how much better I can explain that I have absolutely no interest in discussing politics on here and IF I did I would go into the political thread and participate.

But this thread isn't about you.

Ree's mantra is "everything is political", so naturally a thread discussing their behaviour is going to get political at times. If you know this and then choose to participate in the thread, it's your fault if you get exposed to politics.

Moreover, if you observe Islamic radicals calling for the deaths of infidels on Twitter and choose not to report it, that's totally fine. You're free to do that, but I'm glad that we also have other people who are willing to point it out and discuss it.

Ol'Scratch

But this thread isn't about you.

Ree's mantra is "everything is political", so naturally a thread discussing their behaviour is going to get political at times. If you know this and then choose to participate in the thread, it's your fault if you get exposed to politics.

Moreover, if you observe Islamic radicals calling for the deaths of infidels on Twitter and choose not to report it, that's totally fine. You're free to do that, but I'm glad that we also have other people who are willing to point it out and discuss it.
I can most assuredly tell you that I am rather glad that this thread is about me. At this point I am assuming that you are being obtuse on purpose and I seriously need to stop engaging. My initial comments were based off of tone, not content. And it has been quite easy to engage in this thread without the need to talk politics for some time now. I saw comments that stood out as very unusual "emotional overreactions" that came off as very abnormally aggressive considering how most commentary and conversation goes. Period. And now I am finished with this topic.

Last edited:

CyberPanda

Banned

JordanN

Banned
Last edited:

Ol'Scratch

You guys need to read this thread:

lol.
Tifa's breast were an icon (icons?) for many growing up and should be shown the proper reverence

Last edited:

Barnabot

You know guys you could just ignore JordanN posts if the facts about Era annoys you. He's been asked to take a break from that (if he wanted to) before but he said he's fine. And since he's s not being Diggeh about the same subject over and over and over again he's been providing a good content with facts as counterpoints to Era's hubris on attacking/canceling anyone they don't like so most of us can laugh our asses here about their warped visions about how the world should function according to their feelings. There are also other members who post funny material from Era's laughable and delusional minds.

Papa

Banned
I can most assuredly tell you that I am rather glad that this thread is about me. At this point I am assuming that you are being obtuse on purpose and I seriously need to stop engaging. My initial comments were based off of tone, not content. And it has been quite easy to engage in this thread without the need to talk politics for some time now. I saw comments that stood out as very unusual "emotional overreactions" that came off as very abnormally aggressive considering how most commentary and conversation goes. Period. And now I am finished with this topic.

👋

You joined in Feb 2019. This thread has been going since May 2018 with a tone not much different to today.

I don’t believe that Jordan’s tone was emotional or overly aggressive. In fact, I find Jordan almost robotic at times. I think it’s strange that Jordan points out a post that says “when the government comes to get you, take down as many of them as you can” but you ignore it and instead say he’s creeping you out and call him a future mass shooting suspect.

Saber

Gold Member

At least some posters are calling out a mod who made light of the situation.

Ohhh

The poor guy is asking for forgiviness after he made an offensive joke post about someone who was about to commit suicide. Opsy daisy

Wonder what motived him to beg for forgiveness. Maybe because it was a disgusting post and everyone was criticizing him to the point of trying remove him from staff.

Nah...its probably because he acknowledges his mistakes. I mean, theres even some members licking his boots, protecting him as if his joke was no big deal. Although some members point out that other members were banned for less, anyway its all cool now.

I better check my sarcastic levels.

Last edited:

Koopatrol

At least some posters are calling out a mod who made light of the situation.

That guy should have been unmodded/banned right when he posted that. Even if ERA takes action now, it's a joke that nothing happened in the first place. For a place that's supposed to be so "progressive," yet act like this when it comes to mental health is gross af. It's even more disgusting that the mod only apologized now, when there's even more damning evidence that he might have killed himself. It really is just the facade of acting like you give a fuck when they are gone, when in reality they did not care about this person's mental health or well-being at all.

Also, this highlights one of my main problems with ERA. I feel like the mods there get away with more than the mods ever did here. ERA's mods and community really feels like the "all-stars" of oldGaf back when everything was in shambles. Basically, the celebrities of oldGaf. If you are one of those celebrities, there's basically no repercussions. If you aren't a part of the in-crowd, though... enjoy your ban.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
If Professor Beef does not step down, then he's a big fucking hypocrite. I've seen him call apologies "not enough" multiple times, and yet here he is just thinking it's totally okay now that he did.

I wonder when they're going to reopen that temporarily locked thread about an influential Youtuber's potential suicide.
I doubt they'll reopen it. They'll just hope people will forget about it and move on.. Seems like they're going to reboot it.

Edit: Professor Beef has "stepped down"

giphy.gif

Last edited:

sevoro

OFFICIAL STAFF COMMUNICATION

Thread has been rebooted.

1. The update in the OP, if accurate, sets this incident apart from past hoaxes and false alarms. Therefore we will be taking action against posts that are dismissive.

2. Stay on topic and do not make things personal. This is a serious topic and not a topic for metacommentary and sniping at other members or trying to settle scores from past threads.

3. Do not go on tangents that attempt to use mental health to excuse bigotry.

1. The update in the OP, if accurate, sets this incident apart from past hoaxes and false alarms. Therefore we will be taking action against posts that are dismissive.

2. Stay on topic and do not make things personal. This is a serious topic and not a topic for metacommentary and sniping at other members or trying to settle scores from past threads.

I love the term rebooted.....its sort of like them completely missing the opportunity to ban people so they set up the goal posts and then proceed to start moving them while banning people

Rien

Jelly Belly
I remember a little while ago someone opened a thread about that etika dude. He posted serious weird series of tweets which sounded like a person in trouble.
Era was going full ham on him and telling everyone he’s faking and he’s a bigot with the rest of all the terms they love to use.
Only a few users, me included, dared to stand up for the guy to try to start a conversation about this person really might have mental issues and shouldnt be just laughed at.
Ofcourse their opinion was fact and this etika dude is a scam and a bigot.
Well, i dont know this etika dude but i hope he’s Okay and can get help.

Happy i’m gone from that forum. Hope good folks like Theorry and others will eventually make their way back here again.
They always provide good gaming stuff.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Jesus usually this is a fun thread, but it took a turn in the last couple pages.

JordanN JordanN dont let the haters get you down. If you enjoy chronicling and it doesn’t get you down, keep on keeping on. I don’t click like on a lot of your posts but I do enjoy reading them, and I do read them.

When did everyone else get so serious in here?

I assume it’s just aftershocks from that pedo thread?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I love the term rebooted.....its sort of like them completely missing the opportunity to ban people so they set up the goal posts and then proceed to start moving them while banning people
And they have the EXACT SAME users sticking up for the mod team and sucking up to them in every thread. These cunts would voluntarily been themselves over a barrel for the mods to fuck if meant pleasing said mods in return for some worthless brownie points. It's so fucking pathetic.

AlexFlame116, Silky, and Nib95 are 100% sucking some Mod dick in real life.

Also seems like there's a few people in that thread trying to get some attention/sympathy for themselves.

Last edited:

Michele

you.

This may be a bit off-topic, but it is genuinely upsetting to hear about Etika's condition. I give not only to him my condolences, but also to his family from me. I really hope he's alright.

However, I am also genuinely a bit surprised that peoples even called the mod out for what he said, not ignoring him or anything like that. First the Pedophilia thing, and now this. I guess they're starting to have some empathy for once, even if just a shard of it, despite how they act.

crowbrow

Banned
Ohhh

The poor guy is asking for forgiviness after he made an offensive joke post about someone who was about to commit suicide. Opsy daisy

Wonder what motived him to beg for forgiveness. Maybe because it was a disgusting post and everyone was criticizing him to the point of trying remove him from staff.

Nah...its probably because he acknowledges his mistakes. I mean, theres even some members licking his boots, protecting him as if his joke was no big deal. Although some members point out that other members were banned for less, anyway its all cool now.

I better check my sarcastic levels.
Wait so they are accepting his apology and not cancelling him like they do with so many others for much less? But REEEEra? I thought you were different! I mean at least PewDiePie hasn't joked about anyone about to commit suicide. Fucking bunch of hypocrites that website has.

sevoro

Professorship post was edited. Someone did a screenshot of the original post?

Edit: New Etika thread has been closed for the following reason.

The staff post is not being observed and there doesn't appear to be much to discuss in lieu of further developments.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom