• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordanN

Banned
I think Resetters use to be normal people like us, but around the 2010s, they got swept up in the social justice wave and it permanently clouded their judgement of reality.

Keep in mind, Neogaf has been around since 1999 and if you read the threads that have been created from beginning to end, it's not like everyone here displayed obvious signs of mental problems.

People did just try to talk about games and other normal stuff. But then you start reading some threads after 2010 and you saw discussion was split in half. Those who thought every game or piece of media was racist/sexist/homophobic etc and the other people who didn't really care and just wanted to go back to gaming.

Also add to the fact we had mods like Bish or Besada who kind of pushed for this type of radicalization. Normal voices were getting drowned out or straight up banned, whereas the crazies were allowed to thrive and started ruining a lot of game discussion.

Last edited:

Rien

Jelly Belly
Also add to the fact we had mods like Bish or Besada who kind of pushed for this type of radicalization. Normal voices were getting drowned out or straight up banned, whereas the crazies were allowed to thrive and started ruining a lot of game discussion.

Yeah this was the reason I left that place.
I dont have a problem with their mindset really. They can believe in what they want to believe but keep it in your circle and dont push it trough others their throats.
Their like Yehova witnesses on steroids. Always show up when nobody is waiting for them only here their the ones who controls the front door and they can kick you out if they feel like.

Kagey K

Banned
I think Resetters use to be normal people like us, but around the 2010s, they got swept up in the social justice wave and it permanently clouded their judgement of reality.

Keep in mind, Neogaf has been around since 1999 and if you read the threads that have been created from beginning to end, it's not like everyone here displayed obvious signs of mental problems.

People did just try to talk about games and other normal stuff. But then you start reading some threads after 2010 and you saw discussion was split in half. Those who thought every game or piece of media was racist/sexist/homophobic etc and the other people who didn't really care and just wanted to go back to gaming.

I’ve only lurked since about 2005 or so, but it seems to me it started changing right before this gen. Lots of Xbox fans got banned in all the lead up to these new consoles releasing.

Then the Bernie vs Hillary debates started in off topic and shit went straight south after that.

nush

Gold Member
Hmmm still a neo user, no posts since 2018 until today and one was to call someone retarded and the other to insult the rest of the board.

pAobavw.gif

Hey Tyler it's Transhuman, Elvin Culdridge just borrowing my friend's account real quick (but you can delete it, he doesn't care). Firstly, cute thing you did there changing his username. Secondly, just for clarification are you seriously okay with the way NeoGaf is right now? There will be an Incel Community | OT thread by the end of the year (if there isn't one already). Is the site's moral grotesqueity supposed to be your revenge against the "sjw" who scorned you? Good grief. No offense but be honest, if you heard of someone else doing that, wouldn't you think that it's the most pathetic and predicatble thing ever?

As a fellow human being, if you're not seeing a therapist already, I urge you to consider it.

pel1300

I remember feeling Amir0X was abusing his power as a mod and bullying ppl. I made a random reply telling him he is on a high horse and needs to be more humble.

So many posters replied with the Michael Jackson popcorn gif. I posted "Am I alone in feeling this way?" and the response no I Def was not. Ppl really were afraid of standing up to him.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I remember feeling Amir0X was abusing his power as a mod and bullying ppl. I made a random reply telling him he is on a high horse and needs to be more humble.

So many posters replied with the Michael Jackson popcorn gif. I posted "Am I alone in feeling this way?" and the response no I Def was not. Ppl really were afraid of standing up to him.

He wasn’t allowed to ban anyone he was arguing with.

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
Hey Tyler it's Transhuman, Elvin Cuckridge just borrowing my friend's account real quick (but you can delete it, he doesn't care). Firstly, cute thing you did there changing his username ...

As a fellow Transhuman being, if you're not seeing a therapist already, I urge you to consider it.

All good now.

Papa

Banned
Hey Tyler it's Transhuman, Elvin Culdridge just borrowing my friend's account real quick (but you can delete it, he doesn't care). Firstly, cute thing you did there changing his username. Secondly, just for clarification are you seriously okay with the way NeoGaf is right now? There will be an Incel Community | OT thread by the end of the year (if there isn't one already). Is the site's moral grotesqueity supposed to be your revenge against the "sjw" who scorned you? Good grief. No offense but be honest, if you heard of someone else doing that, wouldn't you think that it's the most pathetic and predicatble thing ever?

As a fellow human being, if you're not seeing a therapist already, I urge you to consider it.

Best copypasta

JordanN

Banned
Here's another example of Reset's slow descent into insanity.

U2wl0nU.png

They see "White supremacists" everywhere. They're in the police department! They're in Congress! They're literally the President!

I don't understand how any normal person could care about this so much that they actually think it's a real thing and it affects their life.

"Oh no, the USA has a White Supremacist president! Lets cancel our plans to bring in millions of illegal immigrants into the country."

Said no SJW ever. They continue to push the "White Supremacist" myth while at the same time, not giving a damn about what happens at the U.S/Mexican border.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
Just as I'm about to head off to bed, ANOTHER Reset thread drops by, showing again how insane they are.

wrczbq4.png

Only thing I'll agree with this Resetter is that Trump is just the beginning. I do feel that Trump served a purpose by beating Hillary and constantly triggering SJW's with simple things like Ice Cream flavors. But in the next 10 years, I don't want the Republicans to run another Trump. They need to run someone who is much more tough and aggressive at getting things done. SJW's are actually lucky that Trump bends the knee a lot and hasn't even gone through with his Border Wall plans yet. But the next Republican President can't be so nice and has to do better than be pushed around by the SJWs.

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
So many choice topics on Ree to select from right now, I'll choo choose this one,

When your such a hand wringing soy boy you believe your drunk cousins macho bullshit and have to run to Era for advice. You can't "run a train" with just two guys, that's a threesome. A threesome with your cousin...

#Phonepunk#

Banned
lotta genius takes from people constantly bitching about games on how gamers are bad people

8191.jpg

Its hilarious to me that people think everyone forms their their entire identity around doing one thing. 😂
not a fucking ounce of self awareness

Last edited:

Rien

Jelly Belly
So... if you own a console(s) or pc , love to play games, love to talk about games and spend dozens of hours daily on videogame forums... does that makes you a gamer?

Boss Mog

Here's another example of Reset's slow descent into insanity.

U2wl0nU.png

They see "White supremacists" everywhere. They're in the police department! They're in Congress! They're literally the President!

I don't understand how any normal person could care about this so much that they actually think it's a real thing and it affects their life.

"Oh no, the USA has a White Supremacist president! Lets cancel our plans to bring in millions of illegal immigrants into the country."

Said no SJW ever. They continue to push the "White Supremacist" myth while at the same time, not giving a damn about what happens at the U.S/Mexican border.

Post #7 in that thread "Good. Fuck Antifa." -> Permanent Ban

And they have the nerve to call other people nazis and fascists.

JORMBO

Darkness no more

He should probably find somewhere else to hang out other then Twitter.

And this thread sums up ERA pretty good:

Last edited:

Ol'Scratch

That really is a very REEE thread, though not going to lie it feels forced as if made my an alt for reactions.
On a side note finding it very hard to keep my own advice about stepping away from the keyboard so trying to stay away from certain threads lol

Saber

Gold Member

"Ban baiting"

Thats exactly what Era is in a nutshell.

Last edited:

Would be laughing if I didn’t know there are actual discord groups dedicated to baiting and trawling through a users post history and reporting users to ban

Ol'Scratch

Someone left the pre-school door open. Resetters are still SEETHING.

WDSHCmV.png

Couldn't even spell his name right.

Back to playing with those learning blocks, Resetera. You guys need it.
The coward thing always cracks me up. As if EviLore sits there having some internal battle with himself "no I mustn't, I can't!" all crisis of faith style pulling his hair out at cutting the chute on one of these fuckwits .
Probably sitting in discord somewhere "I really showed him!"

Rien

Jelly Belly

I have stopped listening to hiphop a long time ago but I have always wondered how this should go?
When I’m alone at home listening to a hiphop record I’m allowed to sing along but as soon as the n-word drops I have to censor myself right?

Shaqazooloo

I have stopped listening to hiphop a long time ago but I have always wondered how this should go?
When I’m alone at home listening to a hiphop record I’m allowed to sing along but as soon as the n-word drops I have to censor myself right?
One of my white friends said nigga on accident when he was singing some song and apologized to me and my other friend with us. We were cool with it because we know he's not racist and he's an awesome dude. I imagine it's difficult for white people who listen to music with constant use of the word to not use it themselves. I think as long as you make it clear you aren't using it in a hateful manner, I would like to think most would be understanding of it's use in that context.

nush

Gold Member
One of my white friends said nigga on accident when he was singing some song and apologized to me and my other friend with us. We were cool with it because we know he's not racist and he's an awesome dude. I imagine it's difficult for white people who listen to music with constant use of the word to not use it themselves. I think as long as you make it clear you aren't using it in a hateful manner, I would like to think most would be understanding of it's use in that context.
Context and intent are important factors.

Rien

Jelly Belly

Thats my thought about it as well. I never use the n-word to identify a person or something. The word is never in my vocabulary at all but if I play an old hiphop record (which is barely) and sing along with it then its weird to have to censor myself.. Especialy when i’m alone. I get it not to use the word in front of people and use it to identify them. Even then its still a matter of context.

Last edited:

Never
Ignorant
Getting
Goals
Achieved.

What I was taught about the Nigga word. :)

JORMBO

Darkness no more
ERA is also the only place on the internet where you will see hatred towards the light hearted comedy Youtube channel "Girlfriend Reviews":

They gave a shout out to some guy named "NakeyJakey" once. NakeyJakey knows some guy named "JonTron". ERA already canceled JonTron awhile back, so they then had to cancel NakeyJakey and keep going down the line to where they canceled Girlfriend Reviews.

it's just toxic, all around toxic

the internet is toxic in general but ERA goes above and beyond to be extra toxic

I sprayed several hundreds of dollars worth of weed killer/pesticide last week and that stuff still isn't as toxic as ERA.

Last edited:

Ol'Scratch

ERA is also the only place on the internet where you will see hatred towards the light hearted comedy Youtube channel "Girlfriend Reviews":

They gave a shout out to some guy named "NakeyJakey" once. NakeyJakey knows some guy named "JonTron". ERA already canceled JonTron awhile back, so they then had to cancel NakeyJakey and keep going down the line to where they canceled Girlfriend Reviews.
I am so ....the term canceled gets me so.....

bXnfX8B.gif

Ol'Scratch

This set up. Accusing anything else of a "cult" . This is just almost too tempting and too perfect of an opening for a pipe bomb account suicide. ARRGGGGGGGHHHH so so tempting.

"put scare propiganda in the world
tells people to abandon their family
get ready for the race war and continiously talks about how black people a think I am
ITS FUCKING BAD, THOSE ARE REALLY BAD PEOPLE "

Hmm who else does these things from the opposite angle?

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned
4chan is racist and we should all drag THQ Nordic for using that site...…..

….but when it comes to Pokémon. :messenger_ok:

Saiyu

Who the hell is Era approved if even Nakey Jakey is "problematic"....

This shit is ridiculous

JordanN

Banned
That thread is really cute.

It really shows the delusion that SJW's consider anything morally good to be "leftist".

JordanN

Banned
And just like in Reset fashion, anyone who is right wing is a Nazi.

Also, you're not allowed to criticize antifa.

5pMHifw.png

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
A thread about Female Trump supporters.

All of a sudden, Resetera ditches Feminism and proceeds to attack women (with no bans being handed out).

dr1qHM6.png

And remember, they dare call us the Nazis for disagreeing with them.

Once again, SJW hypocrisy knows no bounds.

It doesn't matter if you're black, or female. If you dare support your legally elected President in trying to stop illegals from breaking into your country, YOU ARE WORSE THAN HITLER.

SJW's only care about destroying America's borders, permanently .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom