• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
I love how “radical” feminism means you don’t think men are women. These TERFs are so radical because they don’t think a man can get pregnant and deliver a baby! Wow that’s like really extreme and out there! Such a fringe belief! /s

Last edited:

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
So a game is 35% off for a sale. With the bundle adding an extra 10%, and adjusting for the price of the soundtrack added, the percentage off becomes 41% off (or 42% in other currencies).

You'd think if they meant for this to be intentional they would have made the base game 41% off.

Some people there also don't realize that sales prices can often change, and yes get worse, depending on the time. There's a reason price trackers exist, since many times a game might be on sale cheaper on an earlier date than it currently is "on sale" for now. 35% off a game is a pretty normal discount to see.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more

Michele

you.
The peoples whining about heartbeat are those insolent peoples coming from ERA... I have not bought the game but I literally don't care abot them whining about the dev being transphobic unless there's legit proof.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Mod being jumped on by multiple users. Possible thread closure or demodding imminent. Get in here bros

Page 6. Rev up that popcorn.
Poor Matt. He's one of the few mods I didn't have an issue with.

Although his name is fucking stupid.

Edit: Lmao, took you long enough to notice, senpai.

Last edited:

DonF

The peoples whining about heartbeat are those insolent peoples coming from ERA... I have not bought the game but I literally don't care abot them whining about the dev being transphobic unless there's legit proof.
why do you need proof when you can call everything a dog whistle? You just lack imagination...obey!

Michele

you.
why do you need proof when you can call everything a dog whistle? You just lack imagination...obey!

I mean that's the main problem in this society. As long as you have a slightly long conversation or something, one could just post it on internet and call out a sentence as racist, transphobia, etc. In the conversation. And then it gets chaotic.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
I had this page sitting open in one of my tabs. I read it and first thought "there's no way he's going to last"
BdUU3YR.png

Refreshed it and yup, he's banned.

X2b1Aba.png

Also, check this out.

UoIld4S.png

Now Yang is a racist nazi for pointing out declining birth rates!

TrainedRage

Banned

*turns out she faked it*
Look at them hot takes!!!! My God, its glorious. They know they are a joke site right? That the entire internet just has to visit the front page for a good giggle and gaf.

JordanN

Banned
Welcome to Resetera!
Where the thread titles scream at you!

KpOJp0m.png

Don't see the thread? It's ok, I'll highlight it for you.

sXUFU6Q.png

What's the best part about diversity? When it's literally being forced on you.

Last edited:

NickFire

Looking at the 3 threads highlighted above, all I can think is: Pelosi really thinks impeachment will keep the cult from going to war with itself for another year? Good luck.

brap

Banned
Welcome to Resetera!
Where the thread titles scream at you!

KpOJp0m.png

Don't see the thread? It's ok, I'll highlight it for you.

sXUFU6Q.png

What's the best part about diversity? When it's literally being forced on you.
The cast of every movie could look like this and they'd still find something to bitch about
magic-school-bus1.png

Papa

Banned

brap

Banned
If I wasn't broke I'd buy a copy for myself and put up couple up on here to giveaway.

nush

Gold Member
SureJan.gif

In today's world, I very much doubt the offenders wouldn't be fired, and if they weren't it would be a lawsuit waiting to happen.

If you're going to make shit up in hopes of farming imaginary sympathy points from a bunch of sociopaths, at least try and make it believable.
Now look at that posters avatar. THATS some dogwhistle!

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

I have had two encounters with morons today who tried to claim ResetEra is a "welcoming place". As soon as I posted some of their more notable escapades (doxxing attempts, witch hunts, celebration of people's deaths) the story quickly changed to "welcoming of minorities" like that somehow excuses their actions.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
SureJan.gif

In today's world, I very much doubt the offenders wouldn't be fired, and if they weren't it would be a lawsuit waiting to happen.

If you're going to make shit up in hopes of farming imaginary sympathy points from a bunch of sociopaths, at least try and make it believable.

The story is actually feasible - I've received treatment exactly like that myself.

There are certainly social media/Facebook trolls and bullies that have been known to push people into suicide. Like most anyone who are emotionally unstable, some trans people make easy targets for bullying because they take every perceived insult to heart. If the person is already dealing with self-hatred, often they are either forced to grow a thicker skin, or they fall victim to self-annihilation.

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
The story is actually feasible - I've received treatment exactly like that myself.

There are certainly social media/Facebook trolls and bullies that have been known to push people into suicide. Like most anyone who is emotionally unstable, some trans people make easy targets for bullying because they take every perceived insult to heart. If the person is already dealing with self-hatred, often they are either forced to grow a thicker skin, or they fall victim to self-annihilation.
If someone starts to get into that mindset caused by bullying it will make them more sensitive to perceived bullying. Its a vicious circle.

There are certainly social media/Facebook trolls and bullies that have been known to push people into suicide. Like most anyone who are emotionally unstable, some trans people make easy targets for bullying because they take every perceived insult to heart. If the person is already dealing with self-hatred, often they are either forced to grow a thicker skin, or they fall victim to self-annihilation.

To add on to this, many people who are trans have been dealing with self doubt about their existence their whole life. Society generally hasn't been very...welcoming we shall say, to trans people. Bullying of all types tends to follow the same template whether the reasoning for the bullying is being overweight or trans or whatever it may be. Bullying is universal. When that bullying is a constant presence in someone's life it must just loom over them. Like you said, you are either forced to grow thicker skin, or face annihilation or a miserable existence.

Unfortunately growing thicker skin can be a pretty hard thing to do when that base foundation of self respect and dignity hasn't ever had a chance to be fostered. For all we know this person could've just been making up shit to "farm sympathy points", but it isn't inconceivable to think a scenario like that could be playing out.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

I'm referring specifically about being harassed by co-workers. Facebook trolls and the like though aren't worth a bit of the energy it takes to dwell on.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I hate bullying in general, the nature of it is kicking someone when they’re down or piling on an easy target. It’s cowardly and takes no balls. And it’s more prevalent now than ever with social media. And honestly, the far left does it just as much as the far right if not more. All they do is bully people and they have the balls to get uppity about bullying? Their response to perceived bullying is to respond with bullying. The irony. Stop bullying for any reason, especially people you know or suspect may have confidence issues. And people wonder why suicide rates are up, but I find it hilarious that RE gets crazy over suicidal issues when they try to ruin everyone’s life, they are a huge part of the problem.

And is there any proof these devs made slights against trans people? I heard someone’s girlfriend did not one of the devs.

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I hate bullying in general, the nature of it is kicking someone when they’re down or piling on an easy target. It’s cowardly and takes no balls. And it’s more prevalent now than ever with social media. And honestly, the far left does it just as much as the far right if not more. All they do is bully people and they have the balls to get uppity about bullying? Their response to perceived bullying is to respond with bullying. The irony.
Papa Papa

nush

Gold Member
And is there any proof these devs made slights against trans people? I heard someone’s girlfriend did not one of the devs.

Once after REEs knejerk outrage actually read "Devs GIRLFRIEND" they deep dived the devs Twitter until they found something/anything that they could transfer onto the dev the outrage and begin cancellation. I can't remember specifically what is was, but on it's own it would not have gained any traction at all.

Reading between the lines of the girlfriends original Tweets I get the impression that it was directed at a specific M to F Trans woman she knew who must have been harrassing/hitting on her with "I'm a lesbian now, why won't you date me?" or something in that ballpark.

JordanN

Banned
Also, isn't it funny to think that, SJW's are willing to kill each other, just to have a spot in Western made movies?

Think about it for a second. They hate movies, they hate games, they hate anything that doesn't have a diversity quota, yet rather than do the smart thing and come up with their own entertainment, they demand everyone else accompany them instead.

This is the stuff Resetera only cares about.

Edit: Oh yeah, and it doesn't stop there. Even if movies or games do cast non-white characters, the characterization has to be perfect or else, you guessed it, they'll whine about racism.

There's no winning. Include more "diversity", and it will lead to other accusations. Don't include them, America is still somehow racist.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned

Naga please. I’ve made my views on bullying quite clear by now. The word should be reserved for the cases where there is repeated, targeted harassment of a person for something they can’t control. Otherwise, the utility of so-called bullies is to stamp out anti-social behaviours and establish social order. This entire thread is example after example of what happens when you remove this from the equation and curate an emotional safe space.

To further elucidate my point, I believe that we are dealing with two different classes of trans people: those with medically diagnosed gender dysphoria (class I) and those who are self-diagnosed for the associated identity points (class II). Repeated harassment of class I is bullying which I don’t support, because it is a medical issue and is an immutable characteristic. Jokes at the expense of class II I fully support because they have chosen this identity for political reasons and seek to use it to reshape society to their imaginary utopian ideals. This is anti-social behaviour and needs to be stamped out. In practice, the average internet troll isn’t going to understand or care about the difference, and class I ends up getting caught in the crossfire. I believe we have a duty to help protect these cases from emotional harm, but I don’t believe that the solution is censorship on the grounds of hate speech/bullying. This has much worse consequences such as the formation of echo chambers like Ree that only compound the issues for the affected people. I believe the only effective solution is to focus on mentally strengthening class I trans people so that they can withstand the trolls and to openly discuss these ideas like I’m doing here.

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Naga please. I’ve made my views on bullying quite clear by now. The word should be reserved for the cases where there is repeated, targeted harassment of a person for something they can’t control. Otherwise, the utility of so-called bullies is to stamp out anti-social behaviours and establish social order. This entire thread is example after example of what happens when you remove this from the equation and curate an emotional safe space.
You know I'm just teasing you, Senpai.

Papa

Banned
You know I'm just teasing you, Senpai.

I know, but I want to discuss it because the topic interests me and I think anti-bullying campaigning does more harm than good, as counter-intuitive as that sounds at first. Just like so many other things that start with good intentions, there are unintended consequences. People cast too wide of a net in what they term bullying and I want us to think more about the consequences of this. I think this thread is the perfect place for it. Imagine if the scREEEEchers hadn’t excised anyone who hurt their feelings. Do you think they’d be in such an unsalvageable state?

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
The number 41 is transphobic basically. You now have to woke count 39-40-42-43 and so on

Of course.
42 is the answer to life, the universe and everything, after all.
41 is 1 short of that.
That 1 must have committed suicide, sadly.
And they must have been trans. Therefore, 41 is the result of trans-bullying, etc etc

The cast of every movie could look like this and they'd still find something to bitch about
magic-school-bus1.png
The 'loser' in the middle of the group might be a scared, little, white kid, but they're still front and centre of the picture!

Fuckin white privilege!

eot

Banned

nush

Gold Member
As heartbeat storms up the Steam charts, the meltdown, salt and even a little self awareness* (*quickly quashed) increases.

Between Ion Fury, The Joker movie and now Heartbeat the template for anti-woke marketing is being created.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom