• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaqazooloo

Can I share a interesting article about videogames in Era? Because this thread is not only for negativa stuff, right? I didn't know Sega had some Zelda-looking games, but they don't look bad, no. I want play that Wonder Boy game now.
Didn't know SEGA had there own Zelda knock-offs either tbh and alot of effort went into that OP. Don't really have time to read all of it though but just skimming it, I can tell a lot of hard work went it into it. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Can I share a interesting article about videogames in Era? Because this thread is not only for negativa stuff, right? I didn't know Sega had some Zelda-looking games, but they don't look bad, no. I want play that Wonder Boy game now.
Thank you, very intersting series of topics. Mama Robotnik and krejlooc are two very knowledgable, resourceful posters when it comes to Sega, a big loss for NeoGAF.

Yoshi

That is not harassment. Calling the police on someone doesn’t automatically lead to punitive action. The police have the agency to investigate and make a decision.
This is not an argument towards it not being harassment. You can harass someone without it leading to punitive action. Calling the police on someone without a good reason will in most cases not lead to punitive action. It is still harassment.

Kagey K

Banned
Reset is losing their minds in the Tomi Lahren thread. Trigger warning, they use gendered insults because hypocritical SJW's hate women who oppose open borders.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/fo...s-highlight-of-my-thanksgiving-weekend.83319/

HAUMLmE.jpg

Notice how Feminism drops dead silent for Conservative females? Liberal SJW's have no problem abusing women if they somehow speak out of line.
They're hell bent on flooding these countries with illegals and no one is calling them out for it.

Fun fact time. I got permanent banned on Gaf from the old regime for typing “Or you can go on the internet and bitch about it.” In a topic about MS making you have gold to use apps.

Thankfully Evilore overturned it, but I felt that was one of the pettiest reasons ever for a ban, nevermind a perm.

Papa

Banned
This is not an argument towards it not being harassment. You can harass someone without it leading to punitive action. Calling the police on someone without a good reason will in most cases not lead to punitive action. It is still harassment.

By your logic, participating in the If You See Something, Say Something campaign is also harassment.

Yoshi

By your logic, participating in the If You See Something, Say Something campaign is also harassment.
No, participating in a "If you see nothing, still say somthing" campaign would be harasshment.

Yoshi

And if you don’t see anything but have a suspicion and report it?
If this is not harping on the literal definition of seeing, but you just mean someone has an unfounded hunch: Harassment. If it is harping on the literal definition of seeing: Hearing, smelling or using other senses (based in reality, so no sixth sense bullshit) is fine as well.

mekes

It baffles me when I see members banned for not understanding a topic, which sometimes simply boils down to their location and having no firsthand experience in the matter. Then you have Slayven, a moderator who posts racist and vile comments freely. What kind of community is that? Reset error is some BS.

Saruhashi

Banned
Many ERA members have extreme depression and social anxiety, myself included. So, many use ERA as an outlet, which while potentially problematic as it could exacerbate depression, is also a place where many want to just be able to hang out without having to deal with all of the troubles and hardships of life.

Honestly, I'd argue that ResetEra would be a terrible community to be a part of if you have any level of anxiety and/or depression.

Sure, you might enjoy posting there but it's very much a possibility that a minor slip up ends with you getting a ban.

I've seen users with 1,000s of posts (so people who are averaging more than one post per day) take bans over the most mundane opinions.

How is that a healthy environment for anyone, knowing that the community can turn just like that? One minute you are sharing posts and having a laugh with like minded people then before you know it you are banned. I'd suggest that having anxiety and belonging to a community that will ban you for having the wrong opinion about Star Wars or something is not a great combination.

I find it's a pretty decent site to browse but not really good for participation. There are some seriously unhinged posters who seem to show up in threads right before the bans get handed out.

Basically, if you have a forum set up with an underlying "Us versus Them" then you are going to have a high occurrence of people being indirectly (or sometimes just outright directly) accused of being one of "Them". That could be an MRA or alt-right or Gamergater or, more recently, Incel. That can't be healthy as one can find themselves a single innocuous post away from such an accusation.

Let me share an anecdote. I am a member of a local football forum and have been since at least 2003. It's great for organizing tickets and arranging meetups to watch matches in foreign cities etc and obviously good for football chat local issues. I say "local" but we live in a pretty large city.

Anyway, there was a poster with 1,000s of posts and once in a while he would go on these weird crusades against the local media, radio stations etc. He'd also often be coming in with shocking news of what fans of our rival football club had been up to. One of them kicked a dog on a bus, he saw one of them in town and he threw a bottle etc etc. Always ALWAYS stoking outrage. All course we would often get riled up over his stories and only seldom would someone call out his bullshit. Sure enough, posters calling him out would often get a ban.

In the end he gets outed as an actual supporter of the rival club. Dude was bragging about winding us up and one of those people was an undercover troll themselves and they outed yer man. He was just an impostor getting everyone worked up and then having a laugh about it. He'd be playing both sides, coming to our forum and posting some crazy shit and then going to their forum and sharing screenshots of his own mad posts and the reactions. This was literally 1,000s of posts over 5 years or so, The best/worst thing? It was a similar troll from our side that outed him.

When I talk to other football fans about this many have similar stories about trolls like this, embedded in their forums and being outed eventually when they slip up.

I would not be surprised AT ALL if there aren't several posters on ResetEra with high post counts that are basically just trolls playing the "SJW" caricature for a laugh,

If Trump gets reelected in 2020 I can pretty much promise that you will see many ResetEra members "breaking character" to celebrate a Trump win and take their permanent ban. Many folks will be building their account now with this exact thing in mind.

How do I know this? Because EVERY SINGLE TIME our local football rivals beat us in a match or won a cup competition or won the league a bunch of accounts would break character and post some equivalent to "hahahaha in your face, losers". Some of these would be members who you would never expect.

Wait and see.

Not a healthy environment, in my opinion.

Airola

Honestly, I'd argue that ResetEra would be a terrible community to be a part of if you have any level of anxiety and/or depression.

Not only because of possible bans, but it can be bad for anxious and depressed people also because they feast on their misery and feed it to people around them.
It was seen already in OldGaf how they would paint the bleakest possible picture of the world and instead of actually let the world show examples of awfulness they would constantly tell each other that everything is awful and everything becomes more awful and it will not end until their ideology is the norm.

People were borderline suicidal and afraid to go out because they constantly told each other that the world is at its worst right now. And they took even the smallest unrelated things as a proof of that.

Not that there weren't people who are genuinely helping one another or that there weren't good people on OldGaf or that there aren't good people on Era now, but things often escalated into mentally unhealthy fearmongering and that seems to still happen on Era.

How do I know this? Because EVERY SINGLE TIME our local football rivals beat us in a match or won a cup competition or won the league a bunch of accounts would break character and post some equivalent to "hahahaha in your face, losers". Some of these would be members who you would never expect.

Well, football fans are crazy in a whole another way though :D

Blam

That's being an asshat? Oh wow lmao :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:
It's been a gossip thread from page 1.
Yeah that is being an asshat. I can see it just radiating off of your post, and sure it's been a gossip thread sure but it's not the only thing you can post in this thread.

Last edited:

royox

Hey everyone, ResetEra member here. I just created a NeoGAF account, and to be honest, I don't really see myself switching my main forum (in fact I don't even know how often I'll post here). So, I'll give some thoughts on the site:

• Yes, ResetEra is far from perfect. I have many issues with it myself (particularly the lack of transparency and too much ambiguity for my liking) and yes, many people can be overbearing with their liberalness
  • However, in terms of deciding a forum, I don't look for the perfect place. I look for the best in terms of activity (ResetERA is very active) and not allowing aspects that I want to deal with. So, while ResetERA may be a bit ban happy at times, I'd rather it be that way than not banning posts that support sexism, racism, transphobia, etc.
  • As for NeoGAF, I don't talk to you guys here much so I can't speak for how you are in that regard, but lurking this thread I have seen some posts that I find troublesome, and I think they highlight very well why many ERA members don't come here
  • Many ERA members have extreme depression and social anxiety, myself included. So, many use ERA as an outlet, which while potentially problematic as it could exacerbate depression, is also a place where many want to just be able to hang out without having to deal with all of the troubles and hardships of life.
  • This is essentially a futile endeavour, this thread, since everybody's mind is already set. The NeoGAF users have made up their mind on the ResetERA users, and vice versa. I know from my time dealing with people on VGChartz (which I ended up leaving for ERA) that most conversations end up with neither side changing their views. And I generally won't change mine because I tend to consider it to be correct.

ERA is more active, yes, it has the same 20 people posting and ranting like crazy having the 80% of total posts of the whole site making it a pure echo chamber but yeah. Also posting there is the equivalent of playing Forum-Minesweeper. You post something that isn't following EXACTLY what the hivemind thinks and BAN!

but lurking this thread I have seen some posts that I find troublesome

What you call "troublesome" it's what normal people calls "diferent opinion". Wellcome to planet Earth where people have diferent opinions and we are not a hivemind.

But of course, it's your opinion (something you can have on GAF and not on ERA) and I respect that. But there will be a day when you say something a bit off limits of the echo chamber and you will get a PermaBan and you will come back to this thread saying "you were right". UNLESS!! OF COURSE!!! You ALWAYS play along, follow the flow and become one more of the NPC army (and remember, "playing along" was also considered bad by those snowflakes).

Just for you to know, some transgender people got banned from ERA for being...WAIT FOR IT, transphobic :) and some POC were banned for Racism (I was going to write "against POC...then I remember in ERA you can say "DEATH TO ALL WHITE MALE CIS HETERO GUYS" and that's not ban-worthy because white guys are the pure representation of all evil.)

Enjoy your time there. Enjoy your time here.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Jesus you guys are being so hard on Oheao Oheao .
Hey, i gave a fair response (Sadly not many saw that). But you have to admit that some words, which i have addressed in that comment aswell, work like a rattle on a stick, unintentionally or not. For what it is worth, this is what i wrote to Oheao Oheao : (And i hope for once a partial repost is allowed.)

Hey everyone, ResetEra member here. I just created a NeoGAF account, and to be honest, I don't really see myself switching my main forum (in fact I don't even know how often I'll post here). So, I'll give some thoughts on the site:
Welcome Oheao, Welcome to NeoGAF.

• Yes, ResetEra is far from perfect. I have many issues with it myself (particularly the lack of transparency and too much ambiguity for my liking) and yes, many people can be overbearing with their liberalness
  • However, in terms of deciding a forum, I don't look for the perfect place. I look for the best in terms of activity (ResetERA is very active) and not allowing aspects that I want to deal with. So, while ResetERA may be a bit ban happy at times, I'd rather it be that way than not banning posts that support sexism, racism, transphobia, etc.
  • As for NeoGAF, I don't talk to you guys here much so I can't speak for how you are in that regard, but lurking this thread I have seen some posts that I find troublesome, and I think they highlight very well why many ERA members don't come here
  • Many ERA members have extreme depression and social anxiety, myself included. So, many use ERA as an outlet, which while potentially problematic as it could exacerbate depression, is also a place where many want to just be able to hang out without having to deal with all of the troubles and hardships of life.
  • This is essentially a futile endeavour, this thread, since everybody's mind is already set. The NeoGAF users have made up their mind on the ResetERA users, and vice versa. I know from my time dealing with people on VGChartz (which I ended up leaving for ERA) that most conversations end up with neither side changing their views. And I generally won't change mine because I tend to consider it to be correct.
  • Regarding the first point: I would argue that lack of transparency is one of the lesser evils the site has. Or well, The Names have. In the land of The Names, an opposing view, however nuanced, is a dangerous one in their eyes. Regardless of how correct you actually are, in the eyes of The Names you are always incorrect. This kiwipost about false equivalencies (A staple among the Book of Reasons) explains it better (found below), especially the bolded.
  • My point is that because of this system, you are essentially given little leeway to deviate from what The Names consider valid. Some protected users ofcourse can deviate so that there is the appearance that more broad opinions are allowed, even though Reeeeelly, that isn't the case.
I get the "false equivalency" thing now. It's not about false arguments, it's about false *conclusions*.

They take as axiomatic certain social justice principles like the progressive stack and "mimorities can't be racist". Regardless of what you try to explain, what you argue, what facts you bring, you won't change those core beliefs. It'd be like trying to argue with a devout Christian about whether God exists. You're questioning their basic axioms, so you cannot be right. To them, saying "blacks can be racist" is indiscernible from claiming up is down, hot is cold, 4+4=7, etc.

So when they accuse someone of a "false equivalency", it's not *about* the equivalency itself. You must be wrong, because your conclusion is wrong. They see no need to actually show why any comparisons are invalid. They lead to the wrong conclusion, and therefore they are wrong.
  • Regarding your second point, ill have to disagree here. If just activity is your main reason to pick ERA, then i feel one is essentially closing the eyes for the things lingering underneath. It isn't a bit banhappy either: The sole reason a site scraper exists documenting each and every single ban was made out of a necessity to keep track of the motivation behind said bans. Everything is a history of x/a false equivalency, as the bolded also shows, i don't feel these are the real reasons why people get banned. People get banned because The Names consider the opinions and conclusions of others as wrong when they run opposite of what they believe in.
  • You mention that you rather have ERA the way it is now in comparison to a site ''not banning posts that support sexism, racism, transphobia, etc.'' . If we are referring to GAF in that case (And that's an assumption on my part): Please highlight a series of posts from different threads that support this. The thing is, multiple users have signed up (or returned) calling GAF out for these reasons, but when it is asked to elaborate, we never get any details. In order to have a conversation on this, we need factual evidence.
  • Regarding your third point: Alright, please point out what is troublesome in your eyes. On GAF, extremes are filtered out, but opinions of either side are allowed and maintained. The staff also attempts to not inject their own personal views regarding politics into threads. See this post chain i had with a staff member for more info regarding this. This should also help answering some. There is more, but this is in a private conversation.
  • As for point 4: I am well aware that several ERA members have personal issues relating to depression, withdrawal, anxiety, and so on. I also understand that threads like the Mental Health thread and its Discord are an outlet to these people and i wholeheartly support that. However, i do not feel this is an excuse for the kind of rhetoric that goes around there (usually by The Names) regarding race, or pedophilia. There are takes in there that are reminiscent of OldGAF at its worst: How is it interconnectable that ERA users get offended that virtual character rights in games are not a thing, yet on the other end, the site is okay with wanting to see a 15 year old naked kid in a uncensored movie? Things do not add up. Claiming sexual harrassment in Valkirya Chronicles even tho the girl who is harassed actually holds her own more than most of the lads in the game... It just does not stick favourably for the negative image that the site has.
  • Your last point: Perhaps it is futile, but as you can see, i am willing to listen and to reason back with you on your points raised. I do not think every user on ERA is terrible or supporting the cause set forth by The Names. Naively, i'd wish both places would offer dialogue, like North and South Korea (As we are to each and one another).
Well, I can't PM at the moment so I guess I'll just say upfront why I created an account here. To be honest, for most of the people who post in here, I don't take much stock in what they say. However, I am wondering what happened with Blam Blam because she was a part of ERA's creation before what I assume was a falling out, and being the ever-curious fellow that I am, I really wonder what happened behind the scenes (if that is allowed to be stated of course).
New users generally can't post PM's yet. If this persists since it isn't an achievement which you can find here, message a staff member as to why.

Regarding the bolded however: I think this is a rather generalizing assumption to make and to other users, it may suggest that your intents aren't here on good terms. There will ofcourse always be users you tend to engage with less than others, but publically airing the bolded when you just arrived can set a precedent, certainly among users who don't write book length commentary. Just a friendly advice, you don't have to do anything with it, ofcourse. :)

Last edited:

Oheao

Banned
I'm sorry to disappoint you guys but I only really made posts here in the first place to advance my account to PM. Now that I've accomplished what I came here for I don't have any intentions of making any more posts here.

I did like the fact that the community is constantly posting/communicating on that site, but if you don't think or agree with the mass, you're banned, blocked or ignored.

I'm sorry to disappoint you guys but I only really made posts here in the first place to advance my account to PM. Now that I've accomplished what I came here for I don't have any intentions of making any more posts here.

I see they replaced suicide accounts with fake engagement now.

Well not really. Not fake engagement and not a suicide account. They came here to talk to me and that's exactly what they are doing.

Which means fake engagement by definition. Especially going off his/her last post. They have no interest in this site, and it conducted fake engagement for the ability to PM you. Which is weird because why wouldn't ze be able to PM you on era?

Just look at this post.
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/off-...ep-it-in-here.1462647/page-127#post-253599352

That is why they can't PM me, and it's not really weird lol.

It would still be fake engagement even if temporary.

Hmm interesting story though. I keep seeing Nicoles name around a lot of vocal complaints. Also apaprently they are a "transgender lesbian with a lesbian girlfriend and any complaints on that will result in a ban"

That's an interesting statement. Seems to be a very aggressive person, might be why you got kicked.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Which means fake engagement by definition. Especially going off his/her last post. They have no interest in this site, and it conducted fake engagement for the ability to PM you. Which is weird because why wouldn't ze be able to PM you on era?

They are not causing any issues. Just leave them be. Who knows, they may contribute here in a few months when they are inevitably banned from Era - like almost everyone tends to be.

Redneckerz

Oh well, and thank you :lollipop_confused: that you made your posts with a certain intent in the first place. I went out of my way to provide a very elaborate response so we could have a conversation - Especially when you made points that would require detailed evidence in regards to GAF.

To see you leave like that is a hard to swallow pill - Because i made an attempt to debate and reason. To see that essentially get squandered when you reveal your true intent as ''I just wanted to PM Blam'', its... you know?

Well not really. Not fake engagement and not a suicide account. They came here to talk to me and that's exactly what they are doing.
In a way some of it is really. There are points raised that service a rebuttal in proper fashion, one of which i hoped i provided yesterday. To then leave and essentially acting like the ''I don't give much stock in other people's opinions'' per his post is just frustrating.

Honest question, are you allowed on era to have big tittie anime avatars like Oheao Oheao ? Or is that 'gross' and 'problematic'
His avatar is like a rework of Bowsette:
Untitle44bws7rd.png

Last edited:

Hmm interesting story though. I keep seeing Nicoles name around a lot of vocal complaints. Also apaprently they are a "transgender lesbian with a lesbian girlfriend and any complaints on that will result in a ban"

That's an interesting statement. Seems to be a very aggressive person, might be why you got kicked.

Sorry but honest question to someone who is very out of the loop on gender gymnastics....and that in no way is meant to offend anyone or the below question

How does that work exactly?? Isn't it a roundabout way of describing a heterosexual relationship?...or wouldn't it be easier just call the relationship bi?

Sorry but honest question to someone who is very out of the loop on gender gymnastics....and that in no way is meant to offend anyone or the below question

How does that work exactly?? Isn't it a roundabout way of describing a heterosexual relationship?...or wouldn't it be easier just call the relationship bi?

It's politics. They intent is to say they are still lesbians but leaves a gate open so if you call them lesbians they can still do a reverse and say the trans women is biologically a male so it's hetero sexual. Just mind games for west coast politics.

royox

You ERA people are so weird, my gosh.

Blam

Yeah Nicole's a power hungry bitch, and I was going to mention that is literally exactly what she said when she introduced her as one of the admins. Went a little like "I'm super proud to welcome my (I think race was mentioned) lesbian girlfriend", and it sorta fucking blew my mind because she also mentioned in that same sentence something about ERA's diversity.

Nicole is one to complain she is an Anita in her own right. Except she doesn't do anything at all.

Yoshi

If you use gender = sex then yes. She is a transwoman, so she is a male woman in my terminology. And she is lesbian, i.e. she is into women (male or female). Her partner is a woman. Now assuming her partner is not also a trans woman, then the partner is a female woman, i.e. it is a partnership between two women (gender view) one male and one female (sex view). So if you define heterosexuality as person of female sex interested in person of male sex or vice versa, then it would be a heterosexual relationship. If you define it by gender, then it is a homosexual relationship. I think it should be clear which view Nicole would prefer.

Blam

She tries to play for every camp at the same time, bi, lesbian, and trans. Assume she hasn't gone through the SRS then it would just be Bi, if she has then it could be said that she is a transgender lesbian.

Something abut helicopters with single blades being in those that were made with two but transitioned to one. I forgot the PBS brainwashing example they used but it was something like that. Segment on teaching this stuff to 5 year old kids. You know, the demographic that shouldn't be involved.

So everyone's favorite backseat mod excelsorif has just nudged 26847 posts since oct 25th 2017 which was 399 days ago.

he/she/?? would of had to of averaged 67 posts per day for all of those 399 days.

That's not taking into account actually
  • reading threads
  • Baiting users
  • Managing discord hit squad
  • Filling out report user forms
  • Having meltdowns on the discord
  • General life tasks like eating/sleeping/showering/going to work
How do you do that?

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
So everyone's favorite backseat mod excelsorif has just nudged 26847 posts since oct 25th 2017 which was 399 days ago.

he/she/?? would of had to of averaged 67 posts per day for all of those 399 days.

• reading threads
  • Baiting users
How do you do that?

Mental Illness.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!

• reading threads
  • Baiting users
How do you do that?
A modern day renaissance man

Blam

• reading threads
  • Baiting users
  • Managing discord hit squad + Having meltdowns on the discord (these two are the same thing pretty much,
  • Filling out report user forms (userscripts or just talking in voice)
How do you do that?
Well take out and that's how you have it. They only have ERA. Nothing more. This drama and the small power they have while doing this is all they really push to do every day. They wake up and go on ERA, and probably browse ERA in their bed till they fall asleep.

Seriously I swear this is what they do.

JordanN

Banned

• reading threads
  • Baiting users
How do you do that?

Anyone remember the old Quake 3 ad with the toilet chair and cheeto dispenser?
I imagine he lives in something like that.

aSPTYYw.jpg

Last edited:

Redneckerz

• reading threads
  • Baiting users
How do you do that?
Supposely Excel also works 40 hours a week.

Which means she either does this during work in which case she ain't a good employee, or she works in one of those Russian trollfactories baiting 12 hours a day.

Its probably the latter.:messenger_winking:
I imagine these weirdos masturbate when they successfully get someone fired
Relishing the fact they mattered, even when its only for a second and its always with negativity.

royox

If you use gender = sex then yes. She is a transwoman, so she is a male woman in my terminology. And she is lesbian, i.e. she is into women (male or female). Her partner is a woman. Now assuming her partner is not also a trans woman, then the partner is a female woman, i.e. it is a partnership between two women (gender view) one male and one female (sex view). So if you define heterosexuality as person of female sex interested in person of male sex or vice versa, then it would be a heterosexual relationship. If you define it by gender, then it is a homosexual relationship. I think it should be clear which view Nicole would prefer.

My gosh I just woke up and my brain is still not ready for this

Papa

Banned
Supposely Excel also works 40 hours a week.

Which means she either does this during work in which case she ain't a good employee, or she works in one of those Russian trollfactories baiting 12 hours a day.

Its probably the latter.:messenger_winking:

Relishing the fact they mattered, even when its only for a second and its always with negativity.

Probably works at Google or Twitter and can’t get fired because it would be a hate crime or some shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom