• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
You tagged me multiple times on multiple occasions in the past month and a half or so in order to get me to respond to your various posts in this thread that I chose to ignore.
You know fully well which posts i am referring to, those two reminders.

And guess what? I did them out of good faith assuming you might have forgotten about it. This was completely lost on you, which is why you addressed it as harassment and spam.

Kind of like you tagged me just now. Trying to bring me back into conversations that I have already left or that I have nothing to do with. All because you don't like the fact I didn't respond to your posts.
Its because:
  • You are ought to acknowledge your own BS. So far you haven't, and i feel you chose to ignore it when you saw my rather admittely upset (and justified) response.
  • I am not tying you back into anything. I am appealing to your moral compass by referring to your false accusations, but i guess i should conclude that said compass is broken if you lack the understanding or empathy to get why calling those reminders harassment and spam is and was problematic?
Because most of what you would describe on ERA does not happen in your words, you may want to ask. If people break the rules, they need to be punished, is the line of the day.

Also, i am just messing you. ;)

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
You know fully well which posts i am referring to, those two reminders.

And guess what? I did them out of good faith assuming you might have forgotten about it. This was completely lost on you, which is why you addressed it as harassment and spam.

Its because:
  • You are ought to acknowledge your own BS. So far you haven't, and i feel you chose to ignore it when you saw my rather admittely upset (and justified) response.
  • I am not tying you back into anything. I am appealing to your moral compass by referring to your false accusations, but i guess i should conclude that said compass is broken if you lack the understanding or empathy to get why calling those reminders harassment and spam is and was problematic?

Because most of what you would describe on ERA does not happen in your words, you may want to ask. If people break the rules, they need to be punished, is the line of the day.

I call them spam and harassment because thats what I viewed them as. I had already made it very clear I was done with the conversation and yet you kept tagging me anyway despite that fact. If you did not mean them that way then thats my mistake, but thats what they were to me so I referred to them as such. There were spam so I called them spam. You kept trying to goad me into responding and ultimately I gave in and decided to humor you with a lengthy and in depth response on how I disagreed with you and yet apparently that still wasn't enough because here I am going back and forth with you over more innocuous shit yet again. So at least now I know not to make that mistake again I guess.

And with that I'm done. Hope you have a good weekend man.

Last edited:

Redneckerz

I call them spam and harassment because thats what I viewed them as.
You cannot possibly think those two reminders from last year were enough to call that spam and harassment.

The fact that you consider such courtesy calls as such says more about you than about me. Maybe not look at things so negatively and understand i was doing you a favor of good will, not an act of harassment.

If you did not mean them that way then thats my mistake, but thats what they were to me so I referred to them as such. There were spam so I called them spam.
You say its your mistake that you mistook my good intentions as something bad, and just one sentence later you again that it was spam when it isn't. How is that a proper apology when its backhanded as fuck dude?

You kept trying to goad me into responding and ultimately I gave in and decided to humor you with a lengthy and in depth response on how I disagreed with you and yet apparently that still wasn't enough because here I am going back and forth with you over more innocuous shit yet again.
Oh no, that lengthy response was appreciated and i even said so as much in my equally lengthy novelle. I also said that this is seperate from that discussion, so ill say it again, this is seperate from that discussion.

And with that I'm done. Hope you have a good weekend man.
Still haven't heard an apology man. Unless you consider that terrible example you gave a proper one?

Nobody_Important

Still haven't heard an apology man. Unless you consider that terrible example you gave a proper one?

I am so very deeply honestly and completely sorry on every conceivable level know to mankind. My heart is literally torn asunder with the guilt of what it is I have apparently done. All me. 150%. I totally did whatever it is you are claiming I did and humbly ask for your forgiveness. I beseech thee oh Neckers to bestow upon me your mercy.

There you have your apology. Now stop tagging me and speaking on my behalf to other members. If I have something to say then I will say it myself.

Last edited:

Redneckerz

I am so very deeply honestly and completely sorry on every conceivable level know to mankind. My heart is literally torn asunder with the guilt of what it is I have apparently done. All me. 150%. I totally did whatever it is you are claiming I did and humbly ask for your forgiveness. I beseech thee oh Neckers to bestow upon me your mercy.
Try doing that in actual honesty and not some cheesy attempt at being satirical.

Here is the post in question, by the way.

There you have your apology. Now stop tagging me and speaking on my behalf to other members.
Not understanding mild satire i see.

If I have something to say then I will say it myself.
Given your history, this is sceptical.

Nobody_Important

Try doing that in actual honesty and not some cheesy attempt at being satirical.
*ahem*

I am truly very sorry for my false accusations Neckers. Please forgive me for the things.

Better? Because thats as good as its gonna get.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
Papa Johns is the official pizza of Nazis. :LOL:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/papa-johns-is-at-it-again.91489/#post-16569149

hK5Y2lz.png

I always knew fuckin' Hitler ate Pizzas. Do they know that Germans also drank Beer? Time to ban that stuff too. :unsure:

auWHeX9.jpg

tkscz

db1416

So I just got to NeoGAF from ResetEra this week because I got permabanned for not thinking some of the Spirits in Smash Ultimate were racist like everyone was claiming. I disclosed many well thought out arguments and was told “Wow just wow I don’t even know what to say to that” then got banned. It seems the SJWs on that website can’t handle different points of view.

Sorry had to get that off my chest. Glad to be here guys.

II_JumPeR_I

So I just got to NeoGAF from ResetEra this week because I got permabanned for not thinking some of the Spirits in Smash Ultimate were racist like everyone was claiming. I disclosed many well thought out arguments and was told “Wow just wow I don’t even know what to say to that” then got banned. It seems the SJWs on that website can’t handle different points of view.

Sorry had to get that off my chest. Glad to be here guys.
I got a temp ban on the cyberpunk twitter thing because i said "i wish i had the time to care about this".

And yeah my perma ban last month because someone who doesnt like me (and i know that someone even from another forum, he was still salty i dont share the same opinion as him and often disagreed with him about Battlefront 2) stalked me on twitter ( you must have a really sad life if you stalk someone so hard on twitter just because you dont like him and just want him to get banned) and posted my tweet i made about the MiB trailer.
I thought witchhunting would get people banned there too but it seems like he isnt, pathethic.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I got a temp ban on the cyberpunk twitter thing because i said "i wish i had the time to care about this".

And yeah my perma ban last month because someone who doesnt like me (and i know that someone even from another forum, he was still salty i dont share the same opinion as him and often disagreed with him about Battlefront 2) stalked me on twitter ( you must have a really sad life if you stalk someone so hard on twitter just because you dont like him and just want him to get banned) and posted my tweet i made about the MiB trailer.
I thought witchhunting would get people banned there too but it seems like he isnt, pathethic.

There are protected people and hypocritically overlooked actions over there. Depends on how close to the vest you are with the cult.

Welcome aboard by the way! I think you're going to find this much more refreshing rather than walking on self-censoring eggshells.

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Sanity is overrated. I want The Redneckerz Experience!
in 4D XD Dolby Atmos?

I mean, such a podcast would just be one episode of rants and then it would be over before others would just regurgitate the same story. Lest be forget, ERA isn't a story of constantly new and unique takes - They are just variations on a theme, with the chorus of the theme being that the place has a very predetermined angle to anything remotely sounding like discomfort for the party views.

And even when just a part is doing that, it casts shadows on all of the community there, which i consider a far worse crime, if you will, then whatever they are doing to individuals. That elite effectively is okay with sandbagging the experience for the majority of its users there.

If you are part of that majority, then they should be made aware of that.

Acerac

Banned
You tagged me multiple times on multiple occasions in the past month and a half or so in order to get me to respond to your various posts in this thread that I chose to ignore. Kind of like you tagged me just now. Trying to bring me back into conversations that I have already left or new conversations that I have nothing to do with. All because you don't like the fact I didn't respond to your posts or because you wish to taunt me into new ones.

I consider that spam at the very least so its not baseless if its true. The least you can do is own it.
lol

Credit to you, people keep attempting to have a conversation with you so you must be doing something right. You are a perfectly balanced counterpart to JordanN.

*Edit*

Every time you say you are done then post a bunch more it's really funny. I have to assume you're doing it on purpose at a certain point?

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

lol

Credit to you, people keep attempting to have a conversation with you so you must be doing something right. You are a perfectly balanced counterpart to JordanN.

*Edit*

Every time you say you are done then post a bunch more it's really funny. I have to assume you're doing it on purpose at a certain point?

No usually I really do just leave. But as soon as I posted it I realized Neckers would just keep tagging me or asking me about it in the future anyway. So I figured if I gave him what he wanted he would stop and apparently it worked. I get enough notifications as it is. I don't need to sift through more. I don't wanna miss stuff i actually think is important in the clutter.

Last edited:

Acerac

Banned
No usually I really do just leave. But as soon as I posted it I realized Neckers would just keep tagging me anyway. So I figured if I gave him what he wanted he would stop and apparently it worked.
Oh wow you replied really quickly. Do you have notifications on your phone? Not mocking you, I'm legitimately curious if this is a feature that I just never noticed.

*Edit for clarity*

Cuz how else you noticing a response if you have already left?

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

Oh wow you replied really quickly. Do you have notifications on your phone? Not mocking you, I'm legitimately curious if this is a feature that I just never noticed.

For some reason it only shows notifications in landscape mode on my phone otherwise I can't see them at all. No idea why. I just happened to see your notification because right now I am on my laptop.

Last edited:

Acerac

Banned
For some reason it only shows notifications in landscape mode on my phone otherwise I can't see them at all. No idea why. I just happened to see your notification because right now I am on my laptop.
Ah, you must be a man of many tabs. I too live that life, though I've purposely shut down GAF's tabs lest I get stuck in those same cycles you describe.

Nobody_Important

Ah, you must be a man of many tabs. I too live that life, though I've purposely shut down GAF's tabs lest I get stuck in those same cycles you describe.

I usually have a few open at all times yeah. Its just the easiest way to remind me what I need to check. Otherwise I usually forget I was in the middle of something on a site or was waiting on an email and come back later to loads of notifications lol

Redneckerz

No usually I really do just leave. But as soon as I posted it I realized Neckers would just keep tagging me or asking me about it in the future anyway. So I figured if I gave him what he wanted he would stop and apparently it worked. I get enough notifications as it is. I don't need to sift through more. I don't wanna miss stuff i actually think is important in the clutter.
Only if you were geniune with it. If you just did it to please me then it would mean you still do not understand why making those claims is problematic.

I assume you are using classic Light/Dark mode on your phone since its only present at there. And yeah, you need to flip the phone before you see the notifications. I made a mention to this to the devs though.

Papa

Banned
lol

*Edit*

That’s a bit unfair to Jordan. He doesn’t get everything right but I think he’s usually at least trying to be honest.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

Witch hunts and doxxing is perfectly A-Okay on Era. Even the mods partake in it.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Only if you were geniune with it. If you just did it to please me then it would mean you still do not understand why making those claims is problematic.
I really do not get why you are pursuing this all the time. If Nobody_Important Nobody_Important perceived it as harassment, independent of your intentions, then it was that. Because he felt harassed. End of story. This is not a vile accusation, but an evaluation that is not to your liking.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I really do not get why you are pursuing this all the time. If Nobody_Important Nobody_Important perceived it as harassment, independent of your intentions, then it was that. Because he felt harassed. End of story. This is not a vile accusation, but an evaluation that is not to your liking.

Doesn't make it a factual statement/claim, Yoshi. I could call it harassment if someone says hi to me - doesn't mean it is actually harassment.

Yoshi

But you feel harassed, so whoever said hi should face a little bit of jail time for sure.
Again and again, not all forms of harassments are necessarily illegal, I have not argued that what Redneckerz Redneckerz did is or should be illegal. But it was repeated behaviour that Nobody_Important Nobody_Important perceived as disturbing, so it fits the definition.

Redneckerz

I really do not get why you are pursuing this all the time.
An insincere apology is just as bad as no apology at all. However i percieve his apology to be geniune, and even if it isn't, that's good enough for me.

I
If Nobody_Important Nobody_Important perceived it as harassment, independent of your intentions, then it was that. Because he felt harassed. End of story. This is not a vile accusation, but an evaluation that is not to your liking.
Nobody did his own defence on this flawlessly, so i don't see why you have stick it up for him.

Unless you feel obliged to return the favor considering Nobody likes your posts so much? Come on.

Again and again, not all forms of harassments are necessarily illegal, I have not argued that what Redneckerz Redneckerz did is or should be illegal. But it was repeated behaviour that Nobody_Important Nobody_Important perceived as disturbing, so it fits the definition.
It was literally two, two reminders. If that is harassment and spam to you then you look at the world in a negative light and the onus is on you.

In fact, my repetitive wish for an apology was more spam-like than those two reminders, but oddly enough those messages aren't called as such.
Accountability be damned when you're feeling "harassed."
I am going to use that kind of claiming aswell. Giving me a like? HARASSMENT i tell you! HERESY IT IS!

bigedole

I actually wanna touch on the subject Matt and Redneckerz were talking about, IE using ridicule and shame to identify bad behavior. I've got a couple young kids, so my wife and I have been talking about this. My son is 5 and in kindergarten, if he pees himself would I be upset if other kids mocked him for it? I said no, because that shame/ridicule is a useful tool that society uses to identify/correct bad behavior. My wife disagreed with me, she basically just felt bad for his hurt feelings. There's obviously a worthy discussion to be had between the two sides, but I definitely feel the latter school of thought has gone too far in damaging what I would call a real sense of self-worth in the younger generations today. Peeing on yourself is bad, and I could totally see my son being just a-ok with it other than the mild annoyance of wet underwear because that's the kind of personality he has. People need to learn how to behave decently in society and also how to accept constructive criticism without letting it destroy your self-esteem.

I think ResetERA shows what can happen when a generation of humans reaches adulthood without learning that they actually aren't special and no one thinks their opinion is worth anything more than anyone else's. Maybe this Patrick or Peter or whoever idiot would've turned out a lot better if someone had called him out when he was 13 instead of waiting until he reached adulthood when he really could just insulate himself away from any part of society that disagrees with him. And if/when my son pees on himself, I hope there's a Matt in his class to make him feel properly shamed about it so that he'll care enough to not want to let that happen again. It's harsh, but patting him on the back with an "Awww, let's try again next time" hasn't worked for 2 years :p

Blam

Guys why don't you take all this bickering somewhere else, it's kinda derailing the thread IMO
I'm gonna have to agree. It's a little bit not on topic to this thread, as it is an off site thread not onsite.

Probably best to have this in DM's and not on the thread.

Redneckerz

I'm gonna have to agree. It's a little bit not on topic to this thread, as it is an off site thread not onsite.

Probably best to have this in DM's and not on the thread.
I am more inclined to have this topic locked in full anyway and only have special events be recognizable as a thread.

Yoshi

I actually wanna touch on the subject Matt and Redneckerz were talking about, IE using ridicule and shame to identify bad behavior. I've got a couple young kids, so my wife and I have been talking about this. My son is 5 and in kindergarten, if he pees himself would I be upset if other kids mocked him for it? I said no, because that shame/ridicule is a useful tool that society uses to identify/correct bad behavior. My wife disagreed with me, she basically just felt bad for his hurt feelings. There's obviously a worthy discussion to be had between the two sides, but I definitely feel the latter school of thought has gone too far in damaging what I would call a real sense of self-worth in the younger generations today. Peeing on yourself is bad, and I could totally see my son being just a-ok with it other than the mild annoyance of wet underwear because that's the kind of personality he has. People need to learn how to behave decently in society and also how to accept constructive criticism without letting it destroy your self-esteem.
That's assuming that your son chooses to pee his pants. Chances are he does not, but hasn't fully learned to control his peeing yet. Thus, it would be unfair for him to be mocked for it. If it was just bad (intentional) behaviour, I'd be more understanding of your position, but if chances are that his peeing himself is not a choice of his, I think your wife's position is the more reasonable. Similar to the Resetera thing: Mocking someone for being gay / trans / handicaped / ...? Bad form, that's hardly a choice and if negative consequences are associated with it, the people already need to live with that. Mocking someone for demanding safe spaces (for things not associated to mental disorders, where this concepts originally comes from), for extreme language policing or similar? Fair game, this is a choice and you can definitely mock the idea without it being unfair. The border case is religion, where it is of course fine to ridicule beliefs, but when it comes to e.g. stuff like "being a jew", which is an identity and not even necessarily (strictly) bound to a set of beliefs, then it becomes shady.

Nobody did his own defence on this flawlessly, so i don't see why you have stick it up for him.
I do not stick it up for him, I am legitimately puzzled what your issue is with the harassment term that you demand an apology where it might just be applicible. Also you did not only ask about it twice. You asked about it for weeks. Maybe after his final statement that he would answer it, only two more mentions followed, but overall there were more than two postings of the kind "I am still awaiting your reply".

In fact, my repetitive wish for an apology was more spam-like than those two reminders, but oddly enough those messages aren't called as such.
I wouldn't be surprised if Nobody_Important Nobody_Important perceived it as harassment as well, but if he ever wants to be left alone about this, what choice does he have other than to oblige to your demand?
Unless you feel obliged to return the favor considering Nobody likes your posts so much? Come on.
There is probably next to no one in social media who cares so little about likes as I do. If given the choice, I would have the forum without a like functionality. For the longest time I have even refuse to use that functionality in forums, but since it is a lost fight by now, I may as well use it. Anyway, I do not feel any obligations due to some likes, I try to be as fair as possible in my assessments and due to political closeness (though not full alignment) it is unsurprising that Nobody_Important Nobody_Important and I often like each other's postings or are in agreement with each other. I enjoy many of his postings and feel he is an essential member of this forum, but if I felt he was in the wrong here, I would have no issues with stating such.

Redneckerz

I do not stick it up for him, I am legitimately puzzled what your issue is with the harassment term that you demand an apology where it might just be applicible. Also you did not only ask about it twice.[
I reminded him twice about the response assuming he didn't see it and taking into account that such would take a long time to read and response.

You asked about it for weeks.
That's only after the lengthy comment, and that is referring to the apology. The reminders were about the lengthy comment he eventually made.

See, that's why you shouldn't interfere - You can't get the timeline correctly, to begin with.

Further talks can be in DM.

You don't want JordanN making a thread for every single thing they see do you?
JordanN would not be allowed to make a thread for every single thing he sees, which is usually around race. At most, a topic would be made when something big is occurring - One user or staffer being racist or justifying such behavior would not be important enough to warrant a thread.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I think it be best to stay on topic instead of constantly requesting this thread to be closed down every few days. Clearly people enjoy mocking the site and conversing about it. Let it stay here.

Redneckerz

I think it be best to stay on topic instead of constantly requesting this thread to be closed down every few days. Clearly people enjoy mocking the site and conversing about it. Let it stay here.
If that is going to be the case (And perhaps we should need a poll for this?) then ill resign from this thread and put it under the caps.

Yoshi

That's only after the lengthy comment, and that is referring to the apology. The reminders were about the lengthy comment he eventually made.

See, that's why you shouldn't interfere - You can't get the timeline correctly, to begin with.

Further talks can be in DM.
The terms harassment and spam originated here:
I did say I was done, but he kept spamming me mentions and harassing me about that particular post so I promised Neckers at some point over the weekend I will respond to his post so he will leave me alone about it and THEN I am done regardless what anyone has to say after I respond to it. I have already wasted more time on that particular argument then I would have liked.
It is absolutely clear that he is not only talking about the last two reminders in the end, but your reminders over the course of weeks. I can get the timeline correct, you just choose to limit Nobody_Important Nobody_Important 's statement in a way you see fit to complain about them.

Redneckerz

The terms harassment and spam originated here:

It is absolutely clear that he is not only talking about the last two reminders in the end, but your reminders over the course of weeks.
And i am not referring to those German Dino.

I can get the timeline correct, you just choose to limit Nobody_Important Nobody_Important 's statement in a way you see fit to complain about them.
This is exactly why i say you should back out of this one, because this is the kind of backhanded jab that will put you into that discussion that
  • A you aren't part of
  • B is now let go of off this thread.
Since you found that post, you can also find the two reminders that would eventually lead up his lengthy comment. That's it. All the other posts are around the apology. Like at this point, even I don't give a shit about it anymore.

I also told you to take it to DM, so ill humbly tell you once more, please take it to DM if you think it is needed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom