• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brap

Banned
I’d like to request my account be permabanned. I don’t belong on GAF, I’m a bad fit. I can’t PM anyone so I don’t know how else to request this

Thanks for your time.
The alt-right gaf nazis strike again!!! /s
RIP though

Last edited:
Wait why couldn't Jare PM people?

Also i though that post was a joke since all the Reset people came here typing almost the exact same thing for weeks, or they suicided.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I missed whatever sparked his/her ban request and to each their own, but people in general nowadays need to grow up and get a thicker skin. It is not the end of the world if, shock horror, you stumble upon opinions you don’t agree with. You can’t just run away from these opinions all the time, that won’t achieve anything except give yourself a warped view of how the world works. As the great Franky says...

I'm always gonna read a ninty fanboy post in those voicess. Come on ladsss, this is a joke podcast right. What are the odds, all of them? Nah, this is parody.

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
I missed whatever sparked his/her ban request and to each their own, but people in general nowadays need to grow up and get a thicker skin. It is not the end of the world if, shock horror, you stumble upon opinions you don’t agree with. You can’t just run away from these opinions all the time, that won’t achieve anything except give yourself a warped view of how the world works. As the great Franky says...

That too. What threw me into WTF territory is that he soldiered on with his ban even when multiple people were like ''cmon man''.

Hopefully JB knows how an email works so he can request to retract his ban in a week's time.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
I’m guessing there were already 100s of posts on era calling him trash and saying ‘fuck that guy’

Domisto

I am confused. What is "non-binary"? Doesn't that just mean bisexual? Or is it referring to gender in that they don't think they are man or woman, but some dumbass combination of the two?
It depends who you ask.

IMO the terminology surrounding all this is not yet fully agreed upon and/or understood by many and frequently misused. The clearest example being the way the word gender is thrown around to mean both biological sex and gender expression aaand gender identity.

If we're talking non-binary in terms of biological sex, then I don't know what to make of that. Doesn't make sense to me. Plus there are technically at least 3 sexes because of intersex. So it's not binary to begin with.

If we're talking non-binary in terms of gender expression, then that seems perfectly normal to me (from my interpretation). Although it is again an umbrella term with a bunch of sub categories, some of which conceptually contradict/disagree with each other.

So, it's complicated.

Broadly speaking though, non-binary generally means people who don't identify entirely with one of the traditional gender identities of male or female and the gender expressions that are associated with them. Sexual preference is a separate matter.

Yeah, complicated.

If you want to swat up on this stuff here's the rabbit hole. http://gender.wikia.com/wiki/Gender
Initially I found wrapping my head around all the terminology can feel like trying to find the end of a piece of string while swimming in spaghetti.

Ellis

The Rock has always come across as gentle giant to me. Always down to Earth and friendly during interviews.

But, I guess a little cult of 10,000 virgins know better than the tens of millions of normal-ish folk that enjoy his cheesy movies.

Papa

Banned
It depends who you ask.

IMO the terminology surrounding all this is not yet fully agreed upon and/or understood by many and frequently misused. The clearest example being the way the word gender is thrown around to mean both biological sex and gender expression aaand gender identity.

If we're talking non-binary in terms of biological sex, then I don't know what to make of that. Doesn't make sense to me. Plus there are technically at least 3 sexes because of intersex. So it's not binary to begin with.

If we're talking non-binary in terms of gender expression, then that seems perfectly normal to me (from my interpretation). Although it is again an umbrella term with a bunch of sub categories, some of which conceptually contradict/disagree with each other.

So, it's complicated.

Broadly speaking though, non-binary generally means people who don't identify entirely with one of the traditional gender identities of male or female and the gender expressions that are associated with them. Sexual preference is a separate matter.

Yeah, complicated.

If you want to swat up on this stuff here's the rabbit hole. http://gender.wikia.com/wiki/Gender
Initially I found wrapping my head around all the terminology can feel like trying to find the end of a piece of string while swimming in spaghetti.

Intersex is not an additional sex; it's an anomalous medical condition.

TLZ

Banned
I’d like to request my account be permabanned. I don’t belong on GAF, I’m a bad fit. I can’t PM anyone so I don’t know how else to request this

Thanks for your time.
200w.gif

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
As expected, era is absolutely SEETHING about Tulsi Gabbard's run

https://www.resetera.com/threads/di...gabbard-says-aloha-to-presidential-run.92918/

Luckily they banned all the wrongthinkers by this point so nobody can challenge them.

I have gay men in my family. I love em. I support Beto too. And I think Tulsi would be a great candidate. They think she is like a Bush era GOD HATES FAGS type lmao

I am going to have to read up on her. She seems to be everything they would love. Checks nearly every "diversity" checkbox. Must have said something that pissed them off so they need to find every reason to degrade her.

Papa

Banned
I am going to have to read up on her. She seems to be everything they would love. Checks nearly every "diversity" checkbox. Must have said something that pissed them off so they need to find every reason to degrade her.

Apparently she doesn’t subscribe to the ideology. She’s a bad minority.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Probably this:

Last year, Gabbard came under intense criticism -- including from some Democrats - for traveling to that country and meeting with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, whose government lawmakers have accused of war crimes and even genocide during that country's brutal civil war.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oh no. She acted as a diplomat and visited another country. The horrors. Whatever shall we do. /s
I’m guessing it’s because Hillary flogged the shit out of the Syrian war/Russia during her campaign and made Assad out to be the second coming of the Devil. So the unthinking Democratic masses just see Assad bad + she met with Assad = she’s bad

Typical brainwashed logic.

cormack12

Gold Member
I am confused. What is "non-binary"? Doesn't that just mean bisexual? Or is it referring to gender in that they don't think they are man or woman, but some dumbass combination of the two?

Honestly, I've read a lot on this and it seems a new label for acceptance of what people would call campness and tomboy. To remove the stigma.

Look, even in the 50's we had men that were camp or effeminate and we had women that were tomboys. And even as far as up to the late 80's there were still sitgmatised views on those types of people. An effeminate man was likely to be called queer and gay and then have to deal with the societal impact of that. Beatings, name callings, prejudice etc. Women would often be told men wouldn't want them etc. ridiculed and called ugly.

As society has become more tolerant, social media has exploded. And everyone is searching to carve out a small piece of the passing spotlight or to even live in it. The easiest way to do this, is to create/found a sub culture and become the loudest voice in it. It's enough of a sub culture that people feel they want to belong and there are enough people to make it worthwhile. To me, this is basically the same as preying on troubled minds. The point of the 'movement' is just to 'belong', there's no aim or drive behind it. The only aim is to drive segregation and split people into categories.

The real issue that everyone seems to miss, is that we had already passed caring. That's the dumb reality. For the vast, vast majority of people they really have no strong opinions. They have stronger opinions about being force fed propaganda and being subject to the same 'look at us' campaigns. Yes, there are still a minority who are just unaccepting, prejudiced and ignorant people but these people exist for most divisive issues. Over time these people and attitudes will gradually become extinct but what is happening now is so damaging and short sighted. If you shout long enough that you're different and live outside societal norms, you might just create a self fulfilling prophecy. There will be no winner celebrating a Pyrrhic victory in the equivalent of a digital commune.

Acerac

Banned
Honestly, I've read a lot on this and it seems a new label for acceptance of what people would call campness and tomboy. To remove the stigma.

Look, even in the 50's we had men that were camp or effeminate and we had women that were tomboys. And even as far as up to the late 80's there were still sitgmatised views on those types of people. An effeminate man was likely to be called queer and gay and then have to deal with the societal impact of that. Beatings, name callings, prejudice etc. Women would often be told men wouldn't want them etc. ridiculed and called ugly.

As society has become more tolerant, social media has exploded. And everyone is searching to carve out a small piece of the passing spotlight or to even live in it. The easiest way to do this, is to create/found a sub culture and become the loudest voice in it. It's enough of a sub culture that people feel they want to belong and there are enough people to make it worthwhile. To me, this is basically the same as preying on troubled minds. The point of the 'movement' is just to 'belong', there's no aim or drive behind it. The only aim is to drive segregation and split people into categories.

The real issue that everyone seems to miss, is that we had already passed caring. That's the dumb reality. For the vast, vast majority of people they really have no strong opinions. They have stronger opinions about being force fed propaganda and being subject to the same 'look at us' campaigns. Yes, there are still a minority who are just unaccepting, prejudiced and ignorant people but these people exist for most divisive issues. Over time these people and attitudes will gradually become extinct but what is happening now is so damaging and short sighted. If you shout long enough that you're different and live outside societal norms, you might just create a self fulfilling prophecy. There will be no winner celebrating a Pyrrhic victory in the equivalent of a digital commune.
The sad thing is that these people are enforcing the gender norms more strictly than anyone I had personal dealings with previously. You like dolls as a young boy? Perhaps you are actually a woman!!

That behavior scares me.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy

Thanks for your time.
Will be back with the community on January 14: '' JareBear: Remastered JareBear: Remastered Jan 11, 2019- Jan 14, 2019 Requested permaban changed to temporary expiring on Monday. Take the weekend and cool off for now. Everything's fine. :)''

This is a PSA.

Papa

Banned

The belonging part makes total sense. Everyone needs to belong, even if it’s in some weird online space with imaginary genders and species like Tumblr. The problem is when it starts leaking into academia, because then it eventually leaks into the media, and then it leaks into the mainstream culture, and then you get a culture war when the majority inevitably reject it as pseudoscience.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Feels like tags are getting given out like candy nowadays.

If I don’t get one, nobody deserves one.
iDqyPrt.gif

Ellis

Saw JareBear in the 'Guys with small penises' thread on Era today. He might just want to find out for himself what it is like over there.

My penis is perfectly sized, thank you.

Glad to hear jarebear is coming back :)

This image came into mind when seeing pacino for some reason......for those that dont know what the below is its a character called Klinger in a show called Mash which was in the 70s/80s
and the character dressed like a woman to try and get medically discharged for being crazy....im sorta curious to see how todays generation would take it
vo2epbdy3ybz.jpg

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
This image came into mind when seeing pacino for some reason......for those that dont know what the below is its a character called Klinger in a show called Mash which was in the 70s/80s
and the character dressed like a woman to try and get medically discharged for being crazy....im sorta curious to see how todays generation would take it
vo2epbdy3ybz.jpg
Times have changed. Could be a contestant at Eurovision nowadays.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
can i get the cunt tag to remind everyone to not use the word k thnx dont be misogynists
Bit of cultural appropriation going on here. Cunt is not misogynist, it is Australian vernacular.

Please don’t appropriate. Do better.

Calcium

Banned
The sad thing is that these people are enforcing the gender norms more strictly than anyone I had personal dealings with previously. You like dolls as a young boy? Perhaps you are actually a woman!!

That behavior scares me.

That's the thing I've come to realize as I lurk Reset or the various places that analyze their behavior. They are absolutely right when they throw whatever-phobic at anything and everything. I am genuinely frightened by their behavior. That's why it's important for threads like this to stay open. People need to see that the prevailing opinions over at Reset are fucking insane. I posted there for months staying in community threads, not really seeing much of the extremist behavior. Glad I requested a permanent ban and got the hell out of there.

There's nothing these kinds of people hate more than being properly labeled a snowflake.

Check out the ban-baiting attempt:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/dw...son-to-be-offended.92797/page-5#post-16765057
He basically finds every single person in the thread up to that point who said they agreed with The Rock and then essentially accused them all of being transphobes. LOL
It’s funny going through that thread.....starts off laughing about social justice warriors and knee jerk reactions and as it goes on the members begin to realise they are the ones being laughed at and it turns into a defensive attack on people pointing out the obvious

Grinchy

Banned
It’s funny going through that thread.....starts off laughing about social justice warriors and knee jerk reactions and as it goes on the members begin to realise they are the ones being laughed at and it turns into a defensive attack on people pointing out the obvious
lol yeah it's such a great thread and it perfectly characterizes what is so wrong with that forum and its users

Bonus fun: "I have to settle because this is basically the only place that makes any real effort to curb bigotry" :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Ribi

Bit of cultural appropriation going on here. Cunt is not misogynist, it is Australian vernacular.

Please don’t appropriate. Do better.
Thank you for passively agressively teaching me because of my ignorance I wasn't aware. As a minority I feel you must speak for me so again thank you. My behavior was gross and I will now devote my life to calling out men for disgusting behavior like mine

Kagey K

Banned
I love you too bro.
I don't follow this thread closely and didn't even see this post until now. So I'm a bit lost as to what's going on here lol
It’s a tag trick. If you Quote the message and read it you will see. It makes every user that reads it see their name.

Many people get fooled and Redneckerz Redneckerz loves catching people unaware with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom