• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
and no, computer stuff isn't science
So, proving correctness and performance of algorithms, proving computability or non-computability is "computer stuff"? I specifically said theoretical computer science, because that field pretty strictly aheres to the definition-theorem-proof structure that mathematics has established. I am unsure whether you want to disregard mathematics as science or not, because you merely used a tautology as an answer.

You would think studying gender studies would actually educate you on acceptance and to be open and honest about all walks of life.....nope im gonna be a manhater

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
So, proving correctness and performance of algorithms, proving computability or non-computability is "computer stuff"? I specifically said theoretical computer science, because that field pretty strictly aheres to the definition-theorem-proof structure that mathematics has established. I am unsure whether you want to disregard mathematics as science or not, because you merely used a tautology as an answer.

I'd argue that computer stuff is a wide variety of fields. Algorithms come closest to maths. Honestly though, I find you tiring, which tends to lead to me putting less effort in. For that I apologise as that's my problem, not yours.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Also Redneckerz Redneckerz did you lose a dog? Cuz I found this guy and he looks surprisingly like you.

I had to laugh. Damn it.
sabu.png

First of all, doubt it is a good look going after a post about a person contemplating suicide.
You mean multiple posts. It struck me as off that the guy intermixes bipolar and borderline, has a load of coke, a troubled past and then somehow find his way to gender studies - Which is literally ResetERA's forte. There is no poking fun here, but i do find it curious how a lot of these troubled souls are either a minority or follow a study that focuses on said minorities.

I read the entire thread previous to this. I basically got from it that the person needs psychiatric help, but the person is refusing to get it themselves.

However, as far as the gender studies as choice, you have to understand the person was NOT in college prior to and supposedly only enrolled at the after advice from ResetERA which mindblowingly consisted of basically "you should quit your job and take out a 50 Thousand Dollar loan through a bank to go to school with". It was insanely crazy advice. If the person doesn't commit suicide now hopefully, there is a good chance when they have 50k in loans coming up for payment with massive amounts of interest that they cannot afford that they very well could.
So basically they adviced him to throw in his own glasses. I mean, you gotta be desperate if you are going to take what a group of out-of-touch-with-reality entitled brats are telling you.

giphy.gif

(ERA members breaking OP's glass.)

So, now to the choice of class. Why do you think the person chose gender studies of all choices? (Hint: Probably because all the people pming him with help are from ResetERA and suggested it).

And, if I am right, it just goes to show that the platform is more concerned with advancing their beliefs than the person's life. When they should have been suggesting trade schools or such in the scenario, if you were gonna suggest any schooling at all, they pushed towards their advancement of beliefs.
Uhuh. ERA's belief system is more akin to scientology with The Names being the human equivalent of the E-Meter.

What people outside of ERA think ERA is like:

giphy.gif

What ERA thinks they are like:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I am actually surprised the thread hasn't been deleted because it seems like it could be a huge liability issue. Also, I wouldn't doubt if the user ends up banned at some point as they made it clear they weren't "getting" the course.
As luck would have it, some info has sprung up about ERA's EviLore Cerium. Dude is somewhat of a prodigy and all. Won't link since that's doxxing but Cerium is a rather curious case.

And yeah, with the stuff they have been hosting, you could easily throw a lawyer on it.

I agree with you but just want to note that I don’t think Red was making fun of the guy for his mental illness, rather he was giving the context before getting to the kicker which was that he took Resetera’s advice that a Gender Studies degree would be the panacea.
That's true.

It appeared to me that Red was implying it could be fabricated because it was simply too convenient. I may have mistook it though.
Nah, its more that i find the mixture of all these things and it happening on a site whose sole purpose is to make actual minorities feel uneasy as opposed to recognition coincidental.

Sorry, within the context of this thread, where often fun is made of Resetera posters, and where we as outstanders couldn't help the troubled individual at all, I find this posting in bad taste. We should not make other people's suffering our gossiping topic.
Not what i was doing but nice try AssumptionDino.

Yoshi

Not what i was doing but nice try AssumptionDino.
What else, if not gossiping would you call this?
As luck would have it, some info has sprung up about ERA's EviLore Cerium. Dude is somewhat of a prodigy and all. Won't link since that's doxxing but Cerium is a rather curious case.
Well, if he is some specifically gifted person, chances are he has a good reason to stay low profile with Resetera (being famous for two different things, assuming his gift is not building internet communities, could lead to issues).

Redneckerz

I'd argue that computer stuff is a wide variety of fields. Algorithms come closest to maths. Honestly though, I find you tiring, which tends to lead to me putting less effort in. For that I apologise as that's my problem, not yours.
Yoshi would disagree with you. In fact, he would assert that his painstakingly executed process of semantics analysis combined with NPC AI firmware enables AssumptionYoshi to achieve a high yield of predictably nitpicky results.

If you want to improve his feedback loop, i would suggest you write in expletives, using scientifically proven methodology, and verifiable multi-interpretable exponents in your multi-facet argumentative response query.

yoshi, your mind is something else
Mindnumbingly nitpickitive. And that's coming from me the biggest stalker on this god-forsaken dump.

What else, if not gossiping would you call this?
Observation and commentary.

Well, if he is some specifically gifted person, chances are he has a good reason to stay low profile with Resetera (being famous for two different things, assuming his gift is not building internet communities, could lead to issues).
Published a book series at age 15.

Yoshi

Yoshi would disagree with you. In fact, he would assert that his painstakingly executed process of semantics analysis combined with NPC AI firmware enables AssumptionYoshi to achieve a high yield of predictably nitpicky results.
No, in fact, I agree that I am tiring. Every day, even if I do nothing but spend time with myself, I end up sleepy and tired and need to rest.
Published a book series at age 15.
That's pretty impressive. Considering the political charge of Resetera and his own tendency to link the author and the work, I can understand that he does not want his author-name linked to the forum. He could alienate conservative readers.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Tbh beyond that - I used to a run a forum waaay back in the early-00s. I banned some people and the cunts stalked me all over the internet for over a decade. Nobody wants that, and nobody deserves that, not even the guy running Resetera. When you run any community you become a target (I was young and stupid and didn't realise this) and people will look to take you down by any means necessary. I can totally see why he'd want to remain as anonymous as physically possible, and only wish I'd been smart enough to take those same measures myself. That's also one of the reasons that I avoid volunteering for modding duties, anything that involves handing over any personal data, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tesseract

Banned
Mathematics is mathematics and no, computer stuff isn't science. Simple. Over-use of 'science' and the expectations that go with it, and the kudos that goes with it, have given credence to some absolute shit-shows, employment psychology being one of my pet peeves.

Re theology - I'd argue that's more study of mythology than anything else, with a side-order of philosophy and history (as it's useful to think of the times in which things happened or are purported to have happened so as to understand its full context).

wtf m8 lol

Last edited:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
wtf m8 lol

Took a while to figure out what you were confused by - have edited the original post to make it a bit clearer as I suspect 3 extra words make it a bit more obvious what I'm on about. If not, perhaps you could clarify how I've amused you.

Tesseract

Banned
Took a while to figure out what you were confused by - have edited the original post to make it a bit clearer as I suspect 3 extra words make it a bit more obvious what I'm on about. If not, perhaps you could clarify how I've amused you.

that does indeed clear things up a bit

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
that does indeed clear things up a bit

Good. Basically a lot of stuff is getting treated as science that has no business being treated as such. The problem is that much of this stuff doesn't stand up to proper scientific standards of proof, but once people apply some misused statistics and call it science, people start making important decisions based on nothing but bullshit. It's highly prevalent in education, HR (the aforementioned employment psychology - psychometric tests ffs), etc.

Yoshi

Good. Basically a lot of stuff is getting treated as science that has no business being treated as such. The problem is that much of this stuff doesn't stand up to proper scientific standards of proof, but once people apply some misused statistics and call it science, people start making important decisions based on nothing but bullshit. It's highly prevalent in education, HR (the aforementioned employment psychology - psychometric tests ffs), etc.
But that can hardly be a reason to discount mathematics or theoretical computer science, because those disciplines require formal proofs, which is an even stronger validation than common (and possible) in natural sciences.

Redneckerz

No, in fact, I agree that I am tiring. Every day, even if I do nothing but spend time with myself, I end up sleepy and tired and need to rest.
Your sarcasm meter is also broken i see.

That's pretty impressive. Considering the political charge of Resetera and his own tendency to link the author and the work, I can understand that he does not want his author-name linked to the forum. He could alienate conservative readers.
Christ shut up Kyle Schwartz aka Kyle's Cousin.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
I do not think you read what you think you read.

Since you know that I do not know South Park (very much), I hope you enjoy your South Park babblings sufficiently enough to entertain yourself with them.

mecha_yoshi_by_spritedude_d88kh02-fullview.jpg

D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
Kiwi Farms got all of Cerriums info.

Hes a rich Asian dude. Father an influential artist in NYC.
He wrote a series of books called "Truancy"

He also harrased a gay man while in highschool

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
So, a professional bullshit artist (author) is the owner of the forum that a ton of people left to after a bullshit story and shitty sequence of events that transpired here.

Nothing fishy about that at all.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
How do you want the job called? Researcher? You do call sociologists who work in research scientists, don't you?

A literal fucking hack. A freebie degree. Utterly worthless. Choose your poison, but Gender Studies is an absolute joke and always has been. They are as much of a "scientist" as Wakefield or Donald Trump.

Yoshi

So, a professional bullshit artist (author) is the owner of the forum that a ton of people left to after a bullshit story and shitty sequence of events that transpired here.

Nothing fishy about that at all.
Book authors are bullshit artists?

Yoshi

Literally anyone can write a book. Doesn't mean they are artists. The kid wrote a shitty anarchist book.
I do not know the book, but it was apparently published by Tor, which is a respectable publisher. They have e.g. published Orson Scott Card's Ender series.

Writing a book that gets published (including two sequels) in physical form by an established publishing house at the age of 15 is non-trivial.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I do not know the book, but it was apparently published by Tor, which is a respectable publisher. They have e.g. published Orson Scott Card's Ender series.

Writing a book that gets published (including two sequels) in physical form by an established publishing house at the age of 15 is non-trivial.

Anything can be done if you are rich. There are multiple twilight and 50 Shades books. Doesn't indicate anything such as "art".

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Anything can be done if you are rich. There are multiple twilight and 50 Shades books. Doesn't indicate anything such as "art".

Not so much that but if your parents have money and you show an interest in something, they'll have contacts and know how to develop that interest and get you in front of the right people. A working class kid in a rough area might write something amazing but who is ever going to see it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoshi

Not so much that but if your parents have money and you show an interest in something, they'll have contacts and know how to develop that interest and get you in front of the right people. A working class kid in a rough area might write something amazing but who is ever going to see it?
Of course I agree, if his father is a successful artist, it will be a jump start to getting his book published. Writing a good enough book that the publisher is interested and then, for it to sell enough that two sequels also get picked up by the publisher still is a pretty good accomplishment, especially at that age.

Last edited:

Enygger_Tzu

Banned
Tor books? The same guys that helped boot Vox Day (Theodore Beale) from Science Fiction Writers of America on behalf of that soy cuck J. Scalzi and that educated half-savage (his words) N.K Jemissin?

The same Tor books that did not boot out their own publishers/contractors when the Sad/Rabid Puppies intervented to find out the rampart pedophilia in the genre?

Yes, one more case of leftists awarding leftists.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
Not so much that but if your parents have money and you show an interest in something, they'll have contacts and know how to develop that interest and get you in front of the right people.
I was curious and checked, and that is exactly what happened lol

dionysus

Yaldog
Making 200 grand as an author is actually fairly successful. That doesn't sound like nepotism. Also, the guy he harassed was convicted of sex crimes apparently, and was under investigation at the time Cerium was insulting him. Under investigation for inappropriate touching of students and cleared. But later convicted and sentenced to 15 years for planning to kidnap, rape, and murder women and children.

So as much as I dislike Resetera this doesn't appear to be some damning thing, in fact the opposite.

Last edited:
Making 200 grand as an author is actually fairly successful. That doesn't sound like nepotism. Also, the guy he harassed was convicted of sex crimes apparently, and was under investigation at the time Cerium was insulting him. Under investigation for inappropriate touching of students and cleared. But later convicted and sentenced to 15 years for planning to kidnap, rape, and murder women and children.

So as much as I dislike Resetera this doesn't appear to be some damning thing, in fact the opposite.
let’s not let the facts get in the way of a good old fashioned social justice warrior witch-hunt guys and girls...polish those keyboards....log into those social media accounts and get ready to start literally shaking

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
Literally anyone can write a book. Doesn't mean they are artists. The kid wrote a shitty anarchist book.

Can anyone write a good book though? Going by good reads and amazon, people seem to like his stuff.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Can anyone write a good book though? Going by good reads and amazon, people seem to like his stuff.

People also like Twilight, 50 Shades of Grey, and other trash. Doesn't indicate it is worth the paper it is written on. Compare it to *actual* literary works such as the Divine Comedy, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Theogeny, or hell: "Go The Fuck To Sleep" is a better product than the tripe the dipshit has produced.

Yoshi

People also like Twilight, 50 Shades of Grey, and other trash. Doesn't indicate it is worth the paper it is written on. Compare it to *actual* literary works such as the Divine Comedy, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Theogeny, or hell: "Go The Fuck To Sleep" is a better product than the tripe the dipshit has produced.
So you have read the book?

Enygger_Tzu

Banned
Black kids KILL musician = 'they are just kids' ... 'they shouldn't be putting those kids names on the news'
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bu...harged-with-killing-nashville-musician.98708/

Vs.

White kids get harassed = 'fuck these kids' … 'what are their names, we need to stop these monsters from ever working again' … 'Burn these racists in a dumpster fire'
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ra...sue-everyone-who-thinks-theyre-racists.97679/

I read comments in both those links, those guys in there DESERVE the very worst thing that could happen to them.

Yoshi

Are you aware of the infodump then?
I am aware that the book is called Truancy, because it was posted here. And it is dirt cheap used in Germany (<1€). So if it still available when I next buy a couple of old games, I may put it on my list as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom