• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordanN

Banned
They're still not done REEEING. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Now they have to resort to calling GAF "Sexist" and "Reactionary Right Wing".

https://www.resetera.com/threads/wh...t-scream-read-op.65064/page-150#post-18723699

KM5DPQL.png

Um, no.

tenor.gif

sahuSud.png

But facts never mattered I guess.

Resetters just want to have a thread to bitch and moan about all art in video games with the only justification being "they're woke progressive feminists. It's all you men who are just evil assholes to us".

DairO7p.png

Last edited:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/wh...t-scream-read-op.65064/page-150#post-18723699

KM5DPQL.png

Um, no.

tenor.gif

sahuSud.png

Resetters just want to have a thread to bitch and moan about all art in video games with the only justification being "they're woke progressive feminists. It's all you men who are just evil assholes to us".

DairO7p.png

Amazing how the first thing they thought when seeing Talim's design is that the crease between pant legs was a camel toe.

JordanN

Banned
Resetters are on a roll.

Now it's "incels" fault if you don't happen to like the new Captain Marvel movie. :cry:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ca...55m-global-launch.104544/page-8#post-18737343

2nmChT1.png

Is everyone enjoying their feminism yet? Do we all feel equal now that it's ok to bash men non-stop while pretending only one gender is oppressed?

On hell holes like Resetera, Feminism is only used to elevate certain people to power, and deflect all criticism for those who dare speak out on it.

Last edited:

brap

Banned
Resetters are on a roll.

Now it's "incels" fault if you don't happen to like the new Captain Marvel movie. :cry:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ca...55m-global-launch.104544/page-8#post-18737343

2nmChT1.png

Is everyone enjoying their feminism yet? Do we all feel equal now that it's ok to bash men non-stop while pretending only one gender is oppressed?

On hell holes like Resetera, Feminism is only used to elevate certain people to power, and deflect all criticism for those who dare speak out on it.
>he's no roger ebert that's for sure
Good? Roger Ebert was a fucking dumbass that hated critically acclaimed movies and loved garbage like Home Alone 3 (said it was better than the first 2), Don't Mess With The Zohan and tons of other trash.

>he's no roger ebert that's for sure
Good? Roger Ebert was a fucking dumbass that hated critically acclaimed movies and loved garbage like Home Alone 3 (said it was better than the first 2), Don't Mess With The Zohan and tons of other trash.
If you enjoyed don’t mess with the Zohan there would be a pretty good argument for making the firing squad a legal form of punishment again.

Resetters are on a roll.

2nmChT1.png

To be frank, before the break I thought Evilore was complicit in a lot of the crazy things that went on at OldGAF, but now I see what was going on a lot more clearly. Imagine having your passion project, and livelihood, co-opted by this deranged cult of screechers, literally thousands against you, to where you have to walk on eggshells on your own site. It must have been infuriating, especially when the people he trusted with administration like Bish basically tried a soft silent coup after the 2016 election.

It was a hell of a toxic environment, and while I may have laughed at OldGAF like a lot of people did, it must have been maddening for him to not even be able to make a post like that on his own site.

cryptoadam

Banned

KM5DPQL.png

Um, no.

tenor.gif

sahuSud.png

DairO7p.png

Should of known that 1.2 Gigawats was a REEEEEEfugee.

Papa

Banned
Should of known that 1.2 Gigawats was a REEEEEEfugee.

He was preaching intersectionalism ages ago in that streamer beats his wife thread. As with all of the cultists, he’s not beyond distorting the truth for the agenda (as he did in that Ree post). Nothing of value lost imo.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Resetters are on a roll.

2nmChT1.png

I thought ERA had a policy not to talk about Evilore, let alone making screencaps.

Guess they threw that out of the window as soon as they saw a chance to take potshots at him. Lets see:
  • Uzipukki thinks the new crowd (Which is us) is like this: Spoiler Uzipukki, i don't agree with the review. What are you going to do now? You should be more concerned about Enzom21. Or SweetNicole for that matter. <- According to the Xbox ERA discord this is apparently doxxing.
  • Khanimus bringing up the ''Oh what are their visitor numbers again?'' thing. Because ''quantity over quality'' is the literal motto that ERA goes with these days.
  • PawPrints is still stuck in that part of the script where you have to decide if Tyler is a total sex creep and thinks he is one. Then again ERA never was a strong opponent for evidence, lets talk about their act on Smollet, hm? Oh wait, ERA does not do reflections, mirrors be damned!
  • Demosthenes is the only person that makes a sensible comment and urges to stop the GAF conversation. Or you know, make a dedicated thread/subforum for it. Like GAF did.
  • Nightwing123 thinks Evilore is more pathetic than Nightwing123 originally thought. But the Curb your Enthusiasm tune is not allowed to be played when we take the moderation and the narrative there in question or when the staff outs themselves? Nah, ofcourse not. Its a one way street.
  • Icemonk191 thinks that Evilore is just mad she was not bi. Okay, that is just funny because the original cite is funny.
  • Nerokis does the air quote thingie, ''making it appear like its something ive said when it is not''. So brave. So brave.
  • Hey look, banned member ZeoVGM takes a dump on Tyler too. ''How far that guy has fallen''... Lets talk about how far you have fallen: ''PMing administration to look for gotcha moments to score social media points? Pathetic. Duplicitous. Cowardly. Go back to your home base for such behavior.'' But yeah, its us who are the issue, clearly.. (Bonus: And was here on March 1. For someone who considers this place a cesspool you sure love visiting the cancer that you and your forum cannot ERAdicate.)
A mighty waste of my time this post, but still has more content than the pedantic nature of a small group of ERA posters there. Even Kiwifarms is starting to see this, thanks due to the polls: The majority of ERA posters are just like us GAFfers. Its (part of) the staff and a small group of members that ERAitate society and the gaming industry.

Barnabot

EviLore took the risk when he said his opinions in the Brie Larson's thread. It was a matter of time for people from Era come here and fight their "enemies". And thus seeking more validation from their peers in their places by just making him he usual scarecrow.

The Evilore lives rent free in their minds. Well... some of them anyway. The others are just being the sheep they need to be. BAHing when their masters tell them to.

JordanN

Banned
Here we go again. Games are not diverse enough. :rolleyes:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/lg...e-proportional-or-equal.104763/#post-18746948

MIGV4bk.png

We're reaching parody levels of SJW's literally demanding checklists for video games.

"You need more gays in your game"
"You need more women in your game"
"You need more black/arab/hispanics in your game"
"You need more muslims in your game""

All this push for "representation", yet none of it will do anything to enhance gameplay. Hell, I bet after the bitching and moaning, these same people wont even buy these games.

Because lets face it, once the snowball starts rolling it never stops.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
So now we're going with the premise that 10% of the population is gay? I guess if you're going to make shit up, you should dream big.

JordanN

Banned
Another anti-white racist comment. I'm starting to notice a pattern whenever these diversity threads show up on Reset.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/lg...ortional-or-equal.104763/page-3#post-18748634
wMrlZSs.png

Let me reuse this gif again.

tenor.gif

Even if you took the argument at face value that games being packed with "straight white dudes" set in the USA is somehow unrealistic, it is very disingenuous to say that there are no areas in the USA where whites do make up the whopping majority (and by extension, you're more likely to come across straight males than homosexual/LGBT ones).

3DPwV6B.png

Leb6DDJ.png

The only argument the diversity SJW's have is if a game is set in a multicultural place like New York or California, then "straight white dudes" might not be the norm in these areas.

But there is no proof every video game is set in those areas and not in other parts of the USA where homogeneity still exists.

Last edited:

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I don't like (more like I don't care about) Captain Marvel coz I'm over the Marvel movies.

Is it still the incels' fault that I don't care about Marvel?

Kagey K

Banned
I don't like (more like I don't care about) Captain Marvel coz I'm over the Marvel movies.

No if you don’t care then you are an incel, and probably a racist nazi one at that. Keep up man.

Every week a new pronoun has to be added, because they overuse the one from previous weeks.

Last edited:

Dthomp

I mean...what on earth is their end goal over there? A world where 80% of the population lops off their private bits and swaps sides? So that we can just have the same amount of males and females but in the opposite bodies?

Diversity and representation is something great to shoot for, kind of like world peace, and both are just as likely to be reached in the numbers they want as world peace is to being accomplished. The sooner these morons over in tardo-land realize this, maybe just maybe they can stop Wowing and Yikes and just try to live every day I don't know....happy?

Every time I see one of those threads over there I feel bad, cause I legit wish bad things to happen to people with that low level intelligence that believe this shit.

Dthomp

No, you are the incel cause you don't support CM didn't you get the email? Check your spam folder, it's titled "Things we blindly love/hate this week REE"

Kagey K

Banned
I mean...what on earth is their end goal over there? A world where 80% of the population lops off their private bits and swaps sides? So that we can just have the same amount of males and females but in the opposite bodies?

Diversity and representation is something great to shoot for, kind of like world peace, and both are just as likely to be reached in the numbers they want as world peace is to being accomplished. The sooner these morons over in tardo-land realize this, maybe just maybe they can stop Wowing and Yikes and just try to live every day I don't know....happy?

Every time I see one of those threads over there I feel bad, cause I legit wish bad things to happen to people with that low level intelligence that believe this shit.
Fairly sure they are past the point of equal representation now. It’s gone so far that even just seeing a white person in the background is offensive now.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Is there such thing as a married incel who's trying to have kids?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Looks like I triggered a lot of folks.

They are just mad because they can't really dox you since you're out in the open, while their head bitch pretends to hide in the shadows. Even though the internets knows who he really is. A privileged ass buster. 😂

Just copped a 2 week ban for "Xenophobia" because I said that I didn't support letting the Muslim girl who ran off to ISIS back into the UK. She was British and so am I. So how on earth is that Xenophobia?

It's gotten to the point now where you simply can't have a point of view that differs from the herd. I moved over to Era when the incident happened but I've realised over the past year that the problem with GAF was the people who have now left. This place seems a lot more sensible now.

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
Just copped a 2 week ban for "Xenophobia" because I said that I didn't support letting the Muslim girl who ran off to ISIS back into the UK. She was British and so am I. So how on earth is that Xenophobia?

It's gotten to the point now where you simply can't have a point of view that differs from the herd. I moved over to Era when the incident happened but I've realised over the past year that the problem with GAF was the people who have now left. This place seems a lot more sensible now.
Yep.

Until you came back.

;) ;)

cormack12

Gold Member

Welcome back B Boy Wander - take a bit of time. Things are a bit slower but the last year has been a journey to slowly rebuild and repair. We're getting there

Papa

Banned

Do you still believe that the “incident” really happened?

Do you still believe that the “incident” really happened?

I have no idea. At the time it all happened it was very strange and I had no idea what was going on. I was in the airport in London browsing GAF as normal. I then caught a flight to Mexico for a holiday I was going on, got to the hotel and thought I'd have a quick browse. I quickly found that GAF was down. "Some news must have come out" I thought and went for dinner. Came back and it was still down. Then I started seeing all the allegations etc on line. Looking back, I remember feeling left out because loads of people moved over to the "better place" and I was stuck without my favourite forum and I missed the initial wave of joiners. I think Nirolak or Rosti or someone helped me get over a week or so later. I joined GAF in 2012 I think and there was a definite downward spiral towards loony leftism way before any of that stuff kicked off. All views were tolerated. So long as they were also the views of the mods. Every time I went into off topic, I copped a ban. Usually because I'm a little right of centre with some of my views, which of course meant I was a raging Nazi. My gut tells me the whole thing was overblown and potentially even planned as Evilore came to his sense and realised that the lunatics were running the asylum and started putting measures in place to kerb their powers.

Papa

Banned
I have no idea. At the time it all happened it was very strange and I had no idea what was going on. I was in the airport in London browsing GAF as normal. I then caught a flight to Mexico for a holiday I was going on, got to the hotel and thought I'd have a quick browse. I quickly found that GAF was down. "Some news must have come out" I thought and went for dinner. Came back and it was still down. Then I started seeing all the allegations etc on line. Looking back, I remember feeling left out because loads of people moved over to the "better place" and I was stuck without my favourite forum and I missed the initial wave of joiners. I think Nirolak or Rosti or someone helped me get over a week or so later. I joined GAF in 2012 I think and there was a definite downward spiral towards loony leftism way before any of that stuff kicked off. All views were tolerated. So long as they were also the views of the mods. Every time I went into off topic, I copped a ban. Usually because I'm a little right of centre with some of my views, which of course meant I was a raging Nazi. My gut tells me the whole thing was overblown and potentially even planned as Evilore came to his sense and realised that the lunatics were running the asylum and started putting measures in place to kerb their powers.

Well said. For what it’s worth, EL has given his side of the story a few times over the past year and I think it was all made up. I think the move was planned and the accusation was just a convenient excuse.

Anyhow, welcome back. I feel like it’s more like the GAF of 2006-2012 now albeit slower and with a bit more heavy political discussion. It’s just the way of the world right now, so it was probably inevitable (I kinda enjoy the heavy discussions anyway tbh).

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
IBfsDG1.png

I'm considering meddling in a foreign country's election.
If you quote / call out fellow GAF users, don't you think it would be the right thing to also tag them? F fantomena . I do not know the US law on this, but in the EU a small contribution to a campaign by a private person from e.g. the US would be permissible.

Papa

Banned
If you quote / call out fellow GAF users, don't you think it would be the right thing to also tag them? F fantomena . I do not know the US law on this, but in the EU a small contribution to a campaign by a private person from e.g. the US would be permissible.

Tag or no tag, legal or not, it’s hilariously ironic that a member of a forum that was crying for two years about hypothetical Russian election meddling is now discussing how he is going to meddle in a foreign election.

Yoshi

Tag or no tag, legal or not, it’s hilariously ironic that a member of a forum that was crying for two years about hypothetical Russian election meddling is now discussing how he is going to meddle in a foreign election.
A private person supporting a politician they like with a minor amount of money and a foreign government using intelligence to support one candidate over another are very different things though. Also you cannot hold someone who is a member of a forum responsible for the opinions of other people on the same forum, so it is unfair to compare his individual opinion to a perceived majority opinion on the website. Especially considering that the fact he is supportive of Sanders does not indicate that he is on the line with the majority of Resetera, if the thread about his announcement of running as president is any indication.

Papa

Banned
A private person supporting a politician they like with a minor amount of money and a foreign government using intelligence to support one candidate over another are very different things though. Also you cannot hold someone who is a member of a forum responsible for the opinions of other people on the same forum, so it is unfair to compare his individual opinion to a perceived majority opinion on the website. Especially considering that the fact he is supportive of Sanders does not indicate that he is on the line with the majority of Resetera, if the thread about his announcement of running as president is any indication.

The amount is irrelevant; it’s the principle of it. If he has ever complained about Russian collusion, then he is a hypocrite and lacking integrity.

Yoshi

The amount is irrelevant; it’s the principle of it. If he has ever complained about Russian collusion, then he is a hypocrite and lacking integrity.
A person or a government doing it are different things. And yes, the amount and means (not monetary, but actual politcial / intelligence work) makes a difference, as well. And third, legality or illegality make a difference when it comes to evaluating behaviour of a (potential) president. Doing something illegal to come into power is problematic even if you deem the thing that is being done not immoral per se. Because the president is going to be head of government who are making the laws.

Papa

Banned
A person or a government doing it are different things. And yes, the amount and means (not monetary, but actual politcial / intelligence work) makes a difference, as well. And third, legality or illegality make a difference when it comes to evaluating behaviour of a (potential) president. Doing something illegal to come into power is problematic even if you deem the thing that is being done not immoral per se. Because the president is going to be head of government who are making the laws.

I’m not talking about the magnitude of the outcome. I’m talking about the ethics.

Well said. For what it’s worth, EL has given his side of the story a few times over the past year and I think it was all made up. I think the move was planned and the accusation was just a convenient excuse.

Anyhow, welcome back. I feel like it’s more like the GAF of 2006-2012 now albeit slower and with a bit more heavy political discussion. It’s just the way of the world right now, so it was probably inevitable (I kinda enjoy the heavy discussions anyway tbh).

That's the ironic thing about the other place. Despite being all Liberal and tolerant, there is no real discussion. Its just a bunch of people bitching any views to the contrary get trampled. There really is no discussion at all. Case in point the "why females hate sexualised design thread". The OP even states why all other opinions or counter arguments and views are wrong. It's basically a dictatorship.

fantomena

I’m not talking about the magnitude of the outcome. I’m talking about the ethics.

Then talk to the people who have already done it. I haven't. Im considering it.

And just in case: this is about the primaries, who should be the democratic nomination. Not about the general election.

Last edited:

Yoshi

The ethics are different as well. And clearly, the people making EU law (and by what F fantomena said, also the people making US law) agreed on that: Small donations from a foreigner are to be judged differently than large donations. And on top of that, I think you missed the point, comes the matter of method. The Trump-Russian thing is not primarily about donations, it is about using intelligence resources, targeted activity on social media and potentially illegally acquired information.

EDIT: To clarify why size of donations is important:
- If you make a huge donation, then the candidate may feel obliged to act in your interests and therefore behave differently than if you did not give him and donations. Which is why some people are even opposed to big donations altogether (I am critical towards them, by the way)
- If you make a small donation, then the candidate will likely never know you personally did and you have no influence on his behaviour. So you are merely supporting someone who happens to have policies that you think are good or maybe even beneficial to yourself.

Last edited:

fantomena

Also, people might now know this but there are different groups doing different types of phone banking. What these Norwegian did was called Get Out The Vote (GOTV), which is about calling a registered democratic member, ask who they might vote for and tell them about where the voting station is.

So called "persuation calls" (I guess the name tells it all) is from another more experienced group of people.

Again, this is about the primaries, not the general election.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom