• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
The ethics/morals/principles of a thing are not the same as the legalities of it.

Eg. Homosexuality/gay marriage in different parts of the world.

fantomena

The ethics/morals/principles of a thing are not the same as the legalities of it.

Eg. Homosexuality/gay marriage in different parts of the world.

Then you need to tell me:

What is ethically wrong about calling a registered member of the democratic party, asking which democratic candidate they are interested in voting for and if they don't know, help them to find their closest voting station?

It's all about making sure as many people as possible takes part in the democratic process. The focus here is trying to make sure the democratic member votes for someone and does not sit out. Participating in the democratic process is one of the fundamental elements of having a working democracy.

Last edited:
S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member

What is ethically wrong about calling a registered member of the democratic party, asking which democratic candidate they are interested in voting for and if they don't know, help them to find their closest voting station?
No i don't need to do that.
I didn't say anything about right or wrong.
I'm simply stating there is a difference in those concepts.

You can argue with matt.

IBfsDG1.png

I'm considering meddling in a foreign country's election.

Hopefully if a Democrat wins in 2020 Republicans will investigate the Democrats for collusion. Maybe they can appoint Ted Cruz as special counsel.

Barnabot

What is ethically wrong about calling a registered member of the democratic party, asking who they would vote for and if they don't know, help them to find their closest voting station?
The simplicity of these actions is what bothers me. Is there anything shady behind this? i.e bribery, blackmail, exchange favours, blacklisting you, attempt to kill your puppy if you don't comply? This look so simple and stupidy.

fantomena

The simplicity of these actions is what bothers me. Is there anything shady behind this? i.e bribery, blackmail, exchange favours, blacklisting you, attempt to kill your puppy if you don't comply? This look so simple and stupidy.

I have no idea, I've never done it.

I don't even know who to contact to do it.

Last edited:
Just copped a 2 week ban for "Xenophobia" because I said that I didn't support letting the Muslim girl who ran off to ISIS back into the UK. She was British and so am I. So how on earth is that Xenophobia?

It's gotten to the point now where you simply can't have a point of view that differs from the herd. I moved over to Era when the incident happened but I've realised over the past year that the problem with GAF was the people who have now left. This place seems a lot more sensible now.
Welcome back to GAF. Sorry to hear about your frustration.

We need to find you an avatar!

Athena~

Banned
They are victims, but some other victim comes along and steals the spotlight so now they gotta become bigger victims. Because for them being a victim is the ulitmate prize and no one can be a bigger victim then themselves. Narcisissim and selfishness personafied. So women come along, nope they aren't POC women so they aren't victims enough. Ok POC women, sorry you aint trans you jump up a spot. Trans, oops you aint Muslim so your off the list. And so on and so on.

Can they get bigger than this disabled POC gay man trans to lesbian immigrant tho?

Papa

Banned
What ethics? F fantomena literally just said its not illegal and that he is talking about the primaries not the general election.

The ethics of complaining about something then doing it yourself. Not everything unethical is covered by law. Primaries or general, it’s irrelevant to the point. I’m still yet to see anyone explain why a Norwegian should be getting involved in the US election.

Last edited:

fantomena

The ethics of complaining about something then doing it yourself. Not everything unethical is covered by law. Primaries or general, it’s irrelevant to the point. I’m still yet to see anyone explain why a Norwegian should be getting involved in the US election.

Because US politics has consequences for us too? Trade, climate change, immigration and war for example.

We live in a globalized world wherever we like it or not. Things that happens in the US has consequences for other parts of the world too.

Like how Norway got dragged into the Iraq war and there were protests here in Norway against the US.

"No war against Iraq"
e87f1a48-a27b-4c5d-89c3-9a81321b5569

Another picture, but bigger.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
Because US politics has consequences for us too? Trade, climate change, immigration and war for example.

We live in a globalized world wherever we like it or not. Things that happens in the US has consequences for other parts of the world too.

Like how Norway got dragged into the Iraq war and there were protests here in Norway against the US.

"No war against Iraq"
e87f1a48-a27b-4c5d-89c3-9a81321b5569

Another picture, but bigger.

Of course it does, but that doesn't mean that you or anyone else outside the US should be attempting to influence their elections. Discuss online like we do on GAF, but I draw the line at donating or campaigning, which you appear to be doing.

Acerac

Banned
I mean...what on earth is their end goal over there? A world where 80% of the population lops off their private bits and swaps sides? So that we can just have the same amount of males and females but in the opposite bodies?
You're closer than you think, but look more carefully at demographics.

I just knew that RLM Captain Marvel review would trigger them. Fucking LOL.

The line about studios padding their box office numbers by crowdfunding sending impoverished girls to Captain Marvel rather than, oh, giving them actual financial support is spot-on.

No matter what any women's studies professor says, seeing a perfectly average movie is not going to inspire kids. Having food, or books, or other tools to success will.

Dthomp

The line about studios padding their box office numbers by crowdfunding sending impoverished girls to Captain Marvel rather than, oh, giving them actual financial support is spot-on.

No matter what any women's studies professor says, seeing a perfectly average movie is not going to inspire kids. Having food, or books, or other tools to success will.

But doing all those great things that could help the world doesn't help sell the narrative that GRL MOVIE IS DA BEST, SUCK IT WHITEY! I wish more people in power to make change thought like you

pulga

Banned
So I'm back from a perma since 2015, saw from afar the huge shitshow went down in 2017, tried ResetERA (what an absolute den of soft cunts) aaaaaaaand yeah, what the hell have I missed?

JordanN

Banned
So I'm back from a perma since 2015, saw from afar the huge shitshow went down in 2017, tried ResetERA (what an absolute den of soft cunts) aaaaaaaand yeah, what the hell have I missed?
Start from page 1. Resetera is worse than anything that was ever predicted.

It went from game's forum to the anti-white male stormfront of the internet. Complete with moderators who tolerate killing babies and using the n-word against conservatives.

GAF feels much better now that the crazies locked themselves in a room and proceed to beat each other for using gendered pronouns and accusing each other of not being progressive enough.

We're basically back to how GAF was in 2008/2009 where we actually talk about games and not pushing agendas.

Last edited:

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Of course it does, but that doesn't mean that you or anyone else outside the US should be attempting to influence their elections. Discuss online like we do on GAF, but I draw the line at donating or campaigning, which you appear to be doing.
It is fine if you do not think this is ethical (I disagree, but we do not need to have the same ethical principles), but do not assert incoherent behaviour where there isn't. There are numerous ways in which you can see a problem in what Trump is accused of, but no problem in small contributions to election campaigns in foreign countries and you even would still need to establish in ways other than guilt by association that fantomena even did complain about Trump's behaviour at all..

Elfstar

Reading through that "Sega halts Judgement sales in Japan" thread, with all those people playing down drug abuse and bringing up whatever other problem they have with Japanese culture, i guess whataboutism is fine some times?

But doing all those great things that could help the world doesn't help sell the narrative that GRL MOVIE IS DA BEST, SUCK IT WHITEY! I wish more people in power to make change thought like you

Era actually acknowledges that it was just a marketing gimmick, but they were okay with that because it is still a woke marketing gimmick and promotes "representation".

It goes off of "studies" courses promoting (without any real evidence) that representation in media is very important to developing children, to the point of watching a standard committee-designed Hollywood superhero movie being more important than things we actually know help children be successful.

JordanN

Banned
Racism against the Japanese is tolerated on Resetera.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ge...n-cocaine-charges.105029/page-8#post-18797992
IV0CHJE.png

And before anyone says "but JordanN, 10k is just making a comparison. He's not attacking Japanese people" ask yourself in which scenario have non-white and non-Japanese countries ever been allowed to be called "ass backwards" by SJWs?

They don't. You will never see a SJW call South Africa or Haiti or India "ass backwards" without triggering calls of racism/supremacy.

Edit: Here's another follow up post that shows SJW hypocrisy when it comes to Whites or Japanese people (but not other groups)
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ge...n-cocaine-charges.105029/page-6#post-18795560

dPrnIyl.png

Where do drugs come from? Who are drugs linked to? There are wars in Mexico and South America being fought over cartel control of illegal narcotics.

Or hell, just go closer to home and look at drugs in the USA. How can anyone deny the crack epidemic that affected black communities starting in the 1980s?

So no, drugs cannot just be "harm to the user". They can damage entire communities and nations.

if anything, good on Japan for taking a tough stance on drugs unlike our liberal policies in the West that let it proliferate.

jCHuiNR.png

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
a whole lot of the pro-censorship puritanism stems from anti-Japanese racism

it is bizarre to see so many people consistently shitting on anime and avatars as evidence of a rotten culture then turn around and call others racists for a single linguistic slip-up

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
a whole lot of the pro-censorship puritanism stems from anti-Japanese racism

it is bizarre to see so many people consistently shitting on anime and avatars as evidence of a rotten culture then turn around and call others racists for a single linguistic slip-up
Japan is an extremely successful island nation.

SJW's hate this because they can't use them as victims and muster control over them.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
I've seen a lot of people talking about the redlettermedia review of Captain Marvel thread at REEEset, but I hadn't seen anyone actually link yet. So I had to put on my hazmat suit and venture on over to get it:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/in...ut-brie-larsons-comments-on-diversity.104953/

From BDS, already not starting off well with that name

White men are conditioned from birth to believe that their opinion on every subject is always relevant and necessary regardless of context or whether anyone cares about it. This is why they become deeply offended when someone tells them they're not interested in hearing their opinion or that they're uninformed.

I'm not interested in reviews of this movie, or really any movie, from white dudes at this point. I've read numerous reviews of Captain Marvel from women, some positive and some negative, but all coming from a different perspective that is far more interesting. Saying you don't care to hear someone's opinion doesn't mean they're not allowed to have it. It just means you don't want to hear it.

Change the word White to Black/Hispanic/Muslim and its perma ban.

Isn't that BDS person the same poster that said "they are allowed to rape us and kill us". Still living at home as an adult? Probably should get professional help.

I always enjoy people thinking they are dropping knowledge, thinking they finished the race and crossed the finish line first. Except...

Everyone believes their thoughts and opinions on a topic is relevant. They hear a story/conversation/topic and form an opinion. Everyone does this regardless of skin color, gender, height, weight. It's always relevant to the thinker. And it's always irrelevant to someone else who thinks differently.

They only time I ever hear anyone openly saying their own opinion is irrelevant is dumb white dudes in Old GAF. "I'm just a straight white male GAF so what do I know." At least they aren't white pretending not to be white tho.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR

White men are conditioned from birth to believe that their opinion on every subject is always relevant and necessary regardless of context or whether anyone cares about it.

The bolded part above is heartbreaking.

Wouldn't you want all free-thinking citizens to be conditioned from birth that their opinion is always relevant and necessary? That's called "speaking for yourself". That's called "standing up for yourself". That's called "letting your voice be heard". Every single person should be raised with the belief that their opinion matters. It doesn't mean it'll be accepted. It doesn't mean their opinion is right.

But no one should be conditioned to believe their opinion doesn't matter, which is what this user is advocating for merely on the basis of skincolor and gender.

To ascribe this particular belief to "white men" as if it's a bad thing is strong evidence of how powerful the cult hivemind has gotten over there. I think anyone gets deeply offended when told their opinion isn't interesting and/or correct. Case in point: go post "All lives matter" in a BLM REEEsetera thread and see what happens. Oh, but it's white men who dislike being treated this way, so they are hypersensitive privileged fragile etc.

Just because you looked up 2-grade schoolyard bullying taunts in a Thesaurus and replaced "crybaby" with "hypersensitive" and "weakling" with "fragile" doesn't change the fundamental nature of your bigoted taunting.

cryptoadam

Banned
Well the irony is that BDS thinks that their opinion is relevant and necessary by posting on ERA in that thread. So once again projection at its finest.

A lot more people care about Roger Eberts opinion than they do about BDS's opinion I am 100% sure of that.

Well the irony is that BDS thinks that their opinion is relevant and necessary by posting on ERA in that thread. So once again projection at its finest.

A lot more people care about Roger Eberts opinion than they do about BDS's opinion I am 100% sure of that.
Maybe they are also a white male :unsure:

Dthomp

Maybe they are also a white male :unsure:

Doesn't matter, didn't you see the Alyssa Milano tweet, you can be whatever your batshit crazy brain tells you to be. Pakistani? sure, Trans? sure, Blackish with a tint of beige? Bi-Sexual, Toaster-Centric, Furry, whatever you think can be! Think about it, instead of being Musky_Cheese Musky_Cheese you can be Warmed Gouda. Think of the possibilities if you just stop using that big ol brain of yours and give in to the hivemind.

CDiggity

They do what now?Why?

Reduce transmission of blood related diseases, primarily HIV.

While they aren't the only city to have this policy, the main issues is that San Fran currently has few rules about returning or discarding used needles and that a user can get unlimited needles at a dispensary at any time. In NYC for example, there is a limit on how many syringes you can get at a dispensary per visit and if you want to go above that limit you need to trade in a used syringe one-for-one.

Doesn't matter, didn't you see the Alyssa Milano tweet, you can be whatever your batshit crazy brain tells you to be. Pakistani? sure, Trans? sure, Blackish with a tint of beige? Bi-Sexual, Toaster-Centric, Furry, whatever you think can be! Think about it, instead of being Musky_Cheese Musky_Cheese you can be Warmed Gouda. Think of the possibilities if you just stop using that big ol brain of yours and give in to the hivemind.
Makes sense. I am now @Holy_Swiss

Saber

Gold Member

Are people discovering now that Era moderators are a bunch of triggered kiddos with power and sense of pride? Gonna pretend to be shocked.

As a sidenote, they just need to remind that they once created a feedback Era thread, just to some of the mods gets very triggered in there because they couldn't face the truth that they're mediocre and pathetic.

PSlayer

Are people discovering now that Era moderators are a bunch of triggered kiddos with power and sense of pride? Gonna pretend to be shocked.

As a sidenote, they just need to remind that they once created a feedback Era thread, just to some of the mods gets very triggered in there because they couldn't face the truth that they're mediocre and pathetic.

ERA mods promised that moderation would be more reasonable and nuanced than 2014-2016's GAF at first but it didn't take much time until they went worse than before. People are now realizing they were lied to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom