• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordanN

Banned
Pewdiepie is racist for wanting to have a lot of subscribers.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pe...read-threadmarks.105466/page-42#post-18891829

e7b6Pkj.png

Everything is about race to Resetera.
You can't run from it.
Race.
Race.
Race.
Race.
That's all they see. Yet they also use race to bash white people.

When is all this "diversity" going to end? Until everyone goes bloody insane?

comment_fDtKlIZQFFEQuiJthJRw197K2bBv2MDG.gif

Last edited:

Eotheod

I’m not talking about the number of users; I’m talking about the magnitude of the insanity, which you seem to be suggesting is equal but opposite to Ree. It’s not even close.
Ah I see, sorry my misinterpretation there. I do believe though that a magnitude of insanity doesn't necessarily need a large number of users to portray. One can have only a handful of people and if they are all saying yes and encouraging the insanity then they are indeed insane.

My original comment on GAF and Era were that both exhibit these insanities when moral or ethical social choices come in to play. GAF has been a lot better now than it use to be, especially during that turbulent fracture and the few months afterwards, however there are still exhibits of that opposite insanity to Era. For Era, it is just pure social issue bandwagoning and drumming up the beat of a war path to collectively bring down their chosen enemy. This isn't good either because it further pushes those on the opposite fringe to do more to get a response and to feel that they are controlling the other's issues or war path. Both collectively work in unison to fuck each other over.

Gaf isn't right-wing, far from it. Even Era has some hidden right-wing agendas here and there, but for Gaf it is more conservative with fringe cases though they are still there. And that is what I intended to address earlier, was that we shouldn't encourage those kind of behaviours on either social side because they don't allow for proper discussion. Simply put giving someone a stage to stand on and claim "SJW this SJW that" just belittles any proper discourse in favour of bandwagoning thought processes. There is enough of it on Era and it will implode sooner than later because of how ingrained it is, but do we need it on GAF too?

Edit: Just as a final piece that I forgot to add: Again I'm not saying GAF is this boogeyman nazi forum, I'm just stating that we should be more vigilant to not encourage petty arguments that boil down to "X is bad because they are X and that is all!" It does nothing and just further pushes the conversations outwards.

Last edited:
Judging from your reply that made me comment, I'd say you need to pull back on the racism. In America, people are treated based on their character, not their color. Remember this and you might do well here.
See a post below yours ;) Apparently I’m a refugee now. Is that next level?

Papa

Banned
Ah I see, sorry my misinterpretation there. I do believe though that a magnitude of insanity doesn't necessarily need a large number of users to portray. One can have only a handful of people and if they are all saying yes and encouraging the insanity then they are indeed insane.

My original comment on GAF and Era were that both exhibit these insanities when moral or ethical social choices come in to play. GAF has been a lot better now than it use to be, especially during that turbulent fracture and the few months afterwards, however there are still exhibits of that opposite insanity to Era. For Era, it is just pure social issue bandwagoning and drumming up the beat of a war path to collectively bring down their chosen enemy. This isn't good either because it further pushes those on the opposite fringe to do more to get a response and to feel that they are controlling the other's issues or war path. Both collectively work in unison to fuck each other over.

Gaf isn't right-wing, far from it. Even Era has some hidden right-wing agendas here and there, but for Gaf it is more conservative with fringe cases though they are still there. And that is what I intended to address earlier, was that we shouldn't encourage those kind of behaviours on either social side because they don't allow for proper discussion. Simply put giving someone a stage to stand on and claim "SJW this SJW that" just belittles any proper discourse in favour of bandwagoning thought processes. There is enough of it on Era and it will implode sooner than later because of how ingrained it is, but do we need it on GAF too?

Edit: Just as a final piece that I forgot to add: Again I'm not saying GAF is this boogeyman nazi forum, I'm just stating that we should be more vigilant to not encourage petty arguments that boil down to "X is bad because they are X and that is all!" It does nothing and just further pushes the conversations outwards.

We have plenty of good discourse here, thank you very much. If you choose to ignore that and focus on the posters criticising SJWs, that’s your choice. The ideological warts are a consequence of free speech, but I would rather deal with a few warts than a parasitic worm that eats away at my brain matter until there’s nothing left but a pile of grey mush.

Every so often we get an influx of Reefugees disillusioned with the stasi-like mentality of the moderation at Ree, usually after a controversial event that required a big purge of wrongthink. In this case, anyone who had the temerity to suggest that maybe Pewdiepie is not culpable for the actions of a mass murderer who invoked his name with the explicitly-stated purpose of sowing discord. Some of the Reefugees are rationally-minded and were only there for particular communities, or simply ignored the general insanity. These types fit straight in. Then there’s the type who thinks that the world revolves around them; the type who would rather mould GAF to fit their own idea of what it should be rather than what it is; the type who only return to “the old place” (they’re typically too immature and fragile to call it by its actual name) because they have nowhere else to go. These are the types I take issue with, and those of us who stuck around after the schism can smell them from a mile away. They are too insulated from the real world and how real people think when diversity of thought is allowed that their narcissism drives them to believe that anyone who holds a different opinion is intrinsically broken. So they invariably try to tell us how wrong we are for allowing the wrongthink to exist and that we should purge it to make them more comfortable. They try to turn GAF into the ideological shithole that just purged them. They may not request it explicitly, but it’s clear what they want — what you want.

Including your few posts today in this thread, you have a grand total of 30 posts. How are you in any position to criticise what GAF is and tell us to turn it into what you want when you openly say that you’re only here because you’re fed up with Ree? In fact, I recognise your avatar, and I seem to remember us having this same discussion a few months ago. If you want to influence the direction of GAF, at least show us the courtesy of participating first. We do not exist for you.

Eotheod

We have plenty of good discourse here, thank you very much. If you choose to ignore that and focus on the posters criticising SJWs, that’s your choice. The ideological warts are a consequence of free speech, but I would rather deal with a few warts than a parasitic worm that eats away at my brain matter until there’s nothing left but a pile of grey mush.

Every so often we get an influx of Reefugees disillusioned with the stasi-like mentality of the moderation at Ree, usually after a controversial event that required a big purge of wrongthink. In this case, anyone who had the temerity to suggest that maybe Pewdiepie is not culpable for the actions of a mass murderer who invoked his name with the explicitly-stated purpose of sowing discord. Some of the Reefugees are rationally-minded and were only there for particular communities, or simply ignored the general insanity. These types fit straight in. Then there’s the type who thinks that the world revolves around them; the type who would rather mould GAF to fit their own idea of what it should be rather than what it is; the type who only return to “the old place” (they’re typically too immature and fragile to call it by its actual name) because they have nowhere else to go. These are the types I take issue with, and those of us who stuck around after the schism can smell them from a mile away. They are too insulated from the real world and how real people think when diversity of thought is allowed that their narcissism drives them to believe that anyone who holds a different opinion is intrinsically broken. So they invariably try to tell us how wrong we are for allowing the wrongthink to exist and that we should purge it to make them more comfortable. They try to turn GAF into the ideological shithole that just purged them. They may not request it explicitly, but it’s clear what they want — what you want.

Including your few posts today in this thread, you have a grand total of 30 posts. How are you in any position to criticise what GAF is and tell us to turn it into what you want when you openly say that you’re only here because you’re fed up with Ree? In fact, I recognise your avatar, and I seem to remember us having this same discussion a few months ago. If you want to influence the direction of GAF, at least show us the courtesy of participating first. We do not exist for you.
And I'm actually incredibly grateful to have discussions like this so thank you for them, they actually mean a lot in trying to push through the shitpile that is bandwagon mentality. I only have far few posts because truthfully my old account was banned during the splintering of communities and I was childish. I can admit that, and know that such a mistake was made because of the bandwagon effect I criticise now, because it is so apparent both sides of these debates wants to rip even their fellow community members apart for suggesting someone actually isn't as relevant to the discussion of a terrorist attack as they may think.

It is clear GAF has moulded itself on its own, into a place that clearly allows for far better discussions be it at a slower pace. I can actively take part in a community that won't hound me but instead if I am in the wrong clearly outline why, or if I am in the right understand my point of view and maybe alter theirs. That is a far better community than one that will ban someone who literally said "this has nothing to do with PewDiePie. Like at all." and then have to respond to people hounding them and painting them as some neo-nazi war criminal. That isn't conducive at all to a discussion and instead just makes things worse to a community already on the brink of destroying itself.

My point on the commentary of "SJW" or "Ree" vitriol is that those types of directed commentary don't help a discussion but make it rather childish. I'm not saying don't discuss anything because it will hurt my feelings, the complete opposite in fact. It is just super cringy reading that kind of running commentary and all the plays in my head is some 9 year old getting angry at Internet comments. Discussions like this that actually have meat to them, that actually take a second to not be a hot take are far better then most drivel seen on Era because it's all reactionary garbage that I feel is actually further pushing mindsets to seek out alt-right shit havens in hopes of finding better answers because no one actually discusses properly.

Sorry for the longer than anticipated reply, but thank you again for your time and effort mate on replying back to me. It is appreciated.

Insane that something this horrible happens which is correct for them to be legitimately furious about and they go and jump the shark and turn all that anger on fucking pewdiepie and THQ. It's just baffling.

Papa

Banned
And I'm actually incredibly grateful to have discussions like this so thank you for them, they actually mean a lot in trying to push through the shitpile that is bandwagon mentality. I only have far few posts because truthfully my old account was banned during the splintering of communities and I was childish. I can admit that, and know that such a mistake was made because of the bandwagon effect I criticise now, because it is so apparent both sides of these debates wants to rip even their fellow community members apart for suggesting someone actually isn't as relevant to the discussion of a terrorist attack as they may think.

It is clear GAF has moulded itself on its own, into a place that clearly allows for far better discussions be it at a slower pace. I can actively take part in a community that won't hound me but instead if I am in the wrong clearly outline why, or if I am in the right understand my point of view and maybe alter theirs. That is a far better community than one that will ban someone who literally said "this has nothing to do with PewDiePie. Like at all." and then have to respond to people hounding them and painting them as some neo-nazi war criminal. That isn't conducive at all to a discussion and instead just makes things worse to a community already on the brink of destroying itself.

My point on the commentary of "SJW" or "Ree" vitriol is that those types of directed commentary don't help a discussion but make it rather childish. I'm not saying don't discuss anything because it will hurt my feelings, the complete opposite in fact. It is just super cringy reading that kind of running commentary and all the plays in my head is some 9 year old getting angry at Internet comments. Discussions like this that actually have meat to them, that actually take a second to not be a hot take are far better then most drivel seen on Era because it's all reactionary garbage that I feel is actually further pushing mindsets to seek out alt-right shit havens in hopes of finding better answers because no one actually discusses properly.

Sorry for the longer than anticipated reply, but thank you again for your time and effort mate on replying back to me. It is appreciated.

Look, if you’re being genuine, all I’m suggesting is to participate first and criticise later. You shouldn’t come in here complaining about the way things are when you have 30 posts on your account. There’s a good reason the SJW criticism isn’t censored and you have to accept that you don’t necessarily know best.

Eotheod

Look, if you’re being genuine, all I’m suggesting is to participate first and criticise later. You shouldn’t come in here complaining about the way things are when you have 30 posts on your account. There’s a good reason the SJW criticism isn’t censored and you have to accept that you don’t necessarily know best.
I definitely understand that, and I aim to participate where I can on the gaming front at least. Off topic typically isn't my fortay but I'll wander in every now and then.

Also just to clear things up, I'm and wasn't saying stop criticism or arguing why such criticism is allowed. I was more in the mindset of questioning why such criticism had to be framed in what I think is a very cringy delivery that it made the discussion seem childish. I criticise the heck out of both sides of the coins because I see reason from both to a degree. Left speaks to me more on social issues like multi-culturalism not being the end of the world while right speaks to me on equality not being a method of putting one down to bring the other up but supporting both to access opportunities.

I am genuinely sorry that my messaging got mixed up if it did, and hope my further replies have made myself clearer 😊

Tesseract

Banned
when someone says 'allahu akbar' before a slaughter, it has no link to islam

pdp is different tho, pdp is complicit

but one's a book, the other is a person

information does it work, how

Last edited:
Guys, I haven’t been on this forum for long, so forgive my lack of knowledge, but... when those guys from Era were here... was GAF just like how ERA is now?

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Guys, I haven’t been on this forum for long, so forgive my lack of knowledge, but... when those guys from Era were here... was GAF just like how ERA is now?

Yes the few years before the split were really bad. ERA dialed things up to ten though. GAF was bad but ERA is a lot worse.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

2016-2017 got bad, especially after Bish shadowbanned hundreds of moderate regulars after the 2016 US election, but nothing like what I've seen of Reset.

dolabla

It got really bad here, but like Jormbo and EL said, it's now safe to say Era is many times worse than what GAF became. They're old GAF (same shitty posts, etc), but old GAF on heavy doses of steroids now. It's pretty amazing.

At least they have now contained themselves in one place................... until they start devouring each other in the oppression olympics.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
So what is the deal with PDP. All I know is he was on one south park episode and kids watch his youtube and then at some point he said some racist or antisemetic things.

how did he become some grand leader of white supremisct and Nazi's everywhere? Is this like with Trump where before the election every black person, democrats, celeberties all liked the guy and than bam he runs and now he is the Grand Wizard of the KKK and heir to Hitlers throne.

Isn't PDP main audience 12 year olds playing fortnite and COD?

mekes

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pe...upport-read-threadmarks.105466/#post-18865371

“The terrorist manifesto clearly said that he wanted to mobilize the left against certain groups and people to create more division in society and backlash.

RNA, Candence Owens and Pewdiepie.

Going after Pewdiepie now is doing exactly what the terrorist wanted .”

“SHUT UP, CHUD. SHUT THE FUCK UP. SHUT UP, FUCK OFF”

smh

Just saw that and was going to quote it in here. What an unhinged idiot!

brap

Banned
So what is the deal with PDP. All I know is he was on one south park episode and kids watch his youtube and then at some point he said some racist or antisemetic things.

how did he become some grand leader of white supremisct and Nazi's everywhere? Is this like with Trump where before the election every black person, democrats, celeberties all liked the guy and than bam he runs and now he is the Grand Wizard of the KKK and heir to Hitlers throne.

Was playing an online game and said "what a fucking n*gger" when he got mad.
Did the thing where he paid some indian guys on fiverr to hold up a sign that said "death to all jews" to see how much he could get away with on the site.
That's all I'm aware of and I think that's why certain people latched onto him. 'OMG the top guy of youtube is of the master race and called somebody a n*gger and got away with it?? epicly based and redpilled!!!'

I see. Damn... must’ve been annoying. Things seem way better now, though.
Think of it as a cancer that got cut out and gaf is simply getting on with life..people may criticise it for being slower but in all honesty it’s a good thing as you get to appreciate the posters and have some good conversation.

My account was removed from Resetera because I said I wanted Increased border security and not the wall.

I was told border security was the wall and I was an under cover alt-right racist and was banned 2 hours later.

Btw, when they ban you, all the buttons stop working so the only way to log-off is to clear your cookies.

Shaqazooloo

Their PR guy did an AMA on 8chan. Apologized shortly thereafter.

Shooter was active on 8chan. Guilt by association etc.
Forgot about that.
I don't know why they feel the need to drag THQNordic through the mud for a harmless AMA if they had already apologized for it. It's not like they were in on it or participated in the discussions that lead to the mass shooting.

Papa

Banned
Forgot about that.
I don't know why they feel the need to drag THQNordic through the mud for a harmless AMA if they had already apologized for it. It's not like they were in on it or participated in the discussions that lead to the mass shooting.

Because an apology is an admission of guilt and the Cult doesn’t believe in forgiveness. Apologizing to them only fuels the outrage.

Their PR guy did an AMA on 8chan. Apologized shortly thereafter.

Shooter was active on 8chan. Guilt by association etc.
the whole thing is fucking stupid...... "oh no the air that we breath was also breathed in by Hitler at some point so by association we are all Nazis"
Im actually glad that most of these people cant or wont be able to breed due to various social disorders or not having the correct reproductive organs as i could only imagine their children being even more fucking dumb

JORMBO

Darkness no more
If you bookmark the THQ thread and then check back when a big game of theirs comes out you will see all the people bitching now playing and discussing their new game later. Well, for those of them that actually play games. Angry kids just like being angry but it rarely means anything long term.

There’s even some of them in the “boycott” thread saying “Shenmue 3 looks too good so I’ll boycott all their games except that one”. The best thing companies can do is ignore this type of idiot.

mekes

History certainly isn’t on Reseteras side so far as outrage and boycotting video games is concerned. They just do their own thing inside of their own bubble, and even their own bubble is probably only 10% as big as they think it is. If that. You might be looking at 10 to 20 sales lost when it comes to a game a ResetEra user wanted to buy before their forum became outraged by it.

Last edited:

Airola

He made the wrong kind of jokes. That's literally (not figuratively literally but actually literally literally) all there is to it.

Saruhashi

Banned
Forgot about that.

Because they are extremists.
At least many of them appear to be shut-ins with their BS confined to the internet.

You know, they'll be like "punch Nazis" but if a genuine Nazi showed up at their door and invited them to back that up they'd run to social media squealing "Nazis are threatening me with violence". Ask them who the Nazis are though and it's fucking JonTron or Colin Moriarty or evil mastermind Jordan Peterson.

Look at their reaction to the events in New Zealand. They genuinely think it's realistic that PewDiePie and THQNordic are complicit in the events. Can you imagine if the killer had name dropped "GamerGate or Ben Shapiro"?

Look at the absolute vitriol they direct towards Boogie2988. I can guarantee you that some of these people are sending abusive shit to Boogie regularly while publicly being SO against abuse and harassment.

Finally, anyone going over there to make the case for civility will see exactly what kind of people you are dealing with.

They are bullies and their bullshit with THQNordic is a perfect example of the nature of their bullying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom