• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brap

Banned
I don’t understand this meme at all. Damn kids.
He's basically just a clown version of Apu.
9zxHm9q.jpg

OnEmORY.png

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
ahhh good ol besada.. high lord of internet virtue and protector of the messageboard oppressed
i never understood what i did to him .. never approached me..
always thought a messageboard was a place to exchange ideas and learn from one another while managing to share a laugh
hopefully he’s let go of the hatred in his blessed little heart

It's a badge of honor, if anything. He was entirely duplicitous as a moderator and in his interactions with me, so I have no idea.

Kagey K

Banned
I've always wondered the psychology behind people like besada and bish. Did they think banning "dissenters" removed them from wider discussion or changed peoples mind? Were they just high on power?

I always figured them to be troubled people in real-life, who took out their unhealthy frustrations online, where they had more "power." But I could be wrong.
In Bishs case it was done for the crowd. He loved to appease the masses. So much that he would mod edit a thread title to say basically “epic ban in here”

Besada seems different, still very aggressive to the people he banned, but tried to do it low key, so as not to set off any alarms.

lifa-cobex

Jesus, this idiots with the..

"Alt-Right now using clowns!!"

And they are lost, pointing fingers at the Joker..

'Clown World' has been a thing going back to Million Dollar Extreme.

Everytime some eye-rolling shit happens, we are in 'clown world'

How put of touch are these fuckers?

Living in your head rent free.

He is not banned. With pre-ousting i am referring to the fact that it has been shown that Enzom is hardly as black as he portrays himself to be. The fact that ever since he has gone silent is also an indicator.

I have a theory he’s the same moron who claimed to be that missing Timothy Pitzen kid. Do we know how old Enzom is or where he’s from?

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
I have a theory he’s the same moron who claimed to be that missing Timothy Pitzen kid. Do we know how old Enzom is or where he’s from?
Even if i would know, i wouldn't be sharing such information since that would indeed constitute a doxxing attempt.

Age however, unsure. But he was here in 2004 already, so averagely i would say a 30-40 year old.

D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member

Living in your head rent free.

Do, do, do they understand how people work?

People will always push back against 'rules'
Tell them a word is bad...they are itching to say it, not to hurt people (especially young men) but just to push the envelope or for comedic effect.
99.9% if its ruffles the feathers of people it's even more enticing.

Tell them a hand sign is bad, and its the same thing.

Especially if you make it totally innocuous things.

I hate to say it, but at this point, trolling/OK signs/banned words/etc.. are this generations punk rock.
While every honor student teachers pet is lecturing you on diversity and how 'famine penis' is a real thing, some knuckle head is who is anti-establishment is itching to say a banned word and throw an OK sign just to make these uptight twats shit themselves.

I mean, look at the top comments under one of the 'kings of punks' video on the Muller report. (Jello Biafra- Dead Kennedys)
These people, seek out Jello, so they must be 'punks' but younger of course..
This is how punks now, see punks of yesterday..

Last edited by a moderator:

Doczu

If you ever call a Ukrainian a Russian, oh boy. They will go Reeeeee.
Well you could always call them a bastard child from a polish-russian love affair gone wrong.
Situation could get messy, but i've seen worse things de-escalate when vodka hits the table 🤷‍♂️
I speak from experience.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Since i know Kiwi is reporting on me (and running a story on BronsonLee torpedoeing his own forum) the following:
  • BesadaDontStarve, i see you. PM me. I dont bite. I like fish.
  • Dreamland, try observing me better if you are going to post flak about me, if anything that will be appreciated.
Also: Dr Phil.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Since i know Kiwi is reporting on me (and running a story on BronsonLee torpedoeing his own forum) the following:
  • Dreamland, try observing me better if you are going to post flak about me, if anything that will be appreciated.

Reporting on you?

Talk to them over on their forum, not this passive-aggressive nonsense.

I've always wondered the psychology behind people like besada and bish. Did they think banning "dissenters" removed them from wider discussion or changed peoples mind? Were they just high on power?

It was more about silencing memes than power. That attitude was a precursor to the deplatforming movement we see today:

1. Get rid of anyone who disagrees with you so they cannot spread their message
2. Do it as an "authority" to sanction what the rightthink is

There was some self-importance there as well ("Look at what I'm doing to further the cause") but it was just the beginning of what we see today.

JordanN

Banned
I hope for the sake of humanity those users don’t reproduce.
Ironically, that may just be happening.

Statistically, Conservatives are having more children than Liberals are.

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Politics/story?id=2344929&page=1

i200tQD.png

This might also explain why SJW's are so desperate for legal and illegal immigration. They can't have babies at the same rate as Conservatives so they have to resort to importing more people instead.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
Lol omg this is brillant.
Keep in mind those numbers probably differ when you divide it by ethnic groups.

Liberal Hispanics probably have a higher birth rate than White Conservatives, but Conservative Whites have less abortion rates than Black or Hispanic.

kus5Hsf.png

202VUzf.gif

Gotta feel bad for those Amerindians though. They're on the fastest path to extinction, regardless of being Conservative or Liberal.

Last edited:

CyberPanda

Banned
Keep in mind those numbers probably differ when you divide it by ethnic groups.

Liberal Hispanics probably have a higher birth rate than White Conservatives, but Conservative Whites have less abortion rates than Black or Hispanic.

kus5Hsf.png

202VUzf.gif
That’s depressing.

Kagey K

Banned
Heh. Well that's something alright.

Ill see to it. No worries. Thanks for the heads up.

I do have to ask, and don’t take this personally, but why the shitty attitude lately?

I know you made the report button post and we all had a bit of fun at your expense, but I don’t think any of it was malicious.

I like having you around and I mostly read all of your posts in the topics I see you in, but lately you seem a bit more sour.

Same goes with JareBear: Remastered JareBear: Remastered , I like reading his posts, and usually agree with some of the stuff he says, but lately he seems to have turned a bit. He seems to think Gaf has a grudge, when it just isn’t there.

I do notice that he has come back around in the last couple days and I hope you do as well.

I enjoy your long winded posts and liked it better when you were sarcastic or snarky, lately they feel kind of depressing, and make me feel like you resent the community somehow.

Barnabot

It looks like some of them have started to realize that for all their foot stamping and forum outrage, Resetera has no influence on the gaming world -

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ho...8chan-ama-read-op.103043/page-7#post-19616085

I only mention it because one of the things I disliked most about that place was the way they just assumed they'd inherit the influence Gaf had on the industry. Turns out they were wrong.
Well they tried to hijack everything from GAF, you gotta admit that.

Winter John

Well they tried to hijack everything from GAF, you gotta admit that.

I guess they took everything except the credibility, the industry insiders, the leakers, the devs and the relevance Gaf had. They did get the assholes, the witch hunters, the deluded and the insane though. That's just the mods..

Mista

Banned
Lol. What the fuck is this site

JORMBO

Darkness no more
It looks like some of them have started to realize that for all their foot stamping and forum outrage, Resetera has no influence on the gaming world -

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ho...8chan-ama-read-op.103043/page-7#post-19616085

I only mention it because one of the things I disliked most about that place was the way they just assumed they'd inherit the influence Gaf had on the industry. Turns out they were wrong.

GAF lost it’s influence well before the split. I think the ERA attitude is just going to become the new norm for a lot of the Twitter generation. Everyone has a voice now, but a lot of these people haven’t realized no one gives a shit about their voice. Some companies are realizing this, while others are currently struggling and will hopefully adjust.

I guess they took everything except the credibility, the industry insiders, the leakers, the devs and the relevance Gaf had. They did get the assholes, the witch hunters, the deluded and the insane though. That's just the mods..

I mean to be fair, plenty of devs and industry people in general at the very least have an account on Era. And if you go to most random verified users (and not just the no-names on some foreign version of Game Informer or something), you'll see most have checked the site relatively recently even if they don't post.

The question is what they're checking the site for and how much weight do they actually give it. Like do they see it as a legit potential advertising arm? Do they agree with the rhetoric being spouted there? Is it just another element of the void of noise that is the internet?

Like Geoff Keighley was posting a bunch during the lead-up to the VGAs, even while his name was being dragged through the mud for daring to welcome his friend Boogie to the event (even if he never acknowledged those posts).

It'd be nice if there was a quantifiable way to see just how influential actual industry people see Era as.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I mean to be fair, plenty of devs and industry people in general at the very least have an account on Era. And if you go to most random verified users (and not just the no-names on some foreign version of Game Informer or something), you'll see most have checked the site relatively recently even if they don't post.

The question is what they're checking the site for and how much weight do they actually give it. Like do they see it as a legit potential advertising arm? Do they agree with the rhetoric being spouted there? Is it just another element of the void of noise that is the internet?

Like Geoff Keighley was posting a bunch during the lead-up to the VGAs, even while his name was being dragged through the mud for daring to welcome his friend Boogie to the event (even if he never acknowledged those posts).

It'd be nice if there was a quantifiable way to see just how influential actual industry people see Era as.

-They tormented that CDPR community manager and his family and got him fired
-

Winter John

There's no doubt they whore that place out to any publisher who wants them. That's why the admins ain't saying shit about THQ. They'll let the inmates have their temper tantrums just now but watch what happens when THQ have a big game coming out.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'm glad I have never been banned on both sites, heh.

I like to keep my opinions to myself and just 90% game related stuff.

-They tormented that CDPR community manager and his family and got him fired
-

And you take that to assume they're influential? Or are you saying that happening actually makes them less liked among the industry (though there's not really any way to quantify that that I'm aware of).

If it's the latter, that's just one person. For all we know, several of the influential devs could be "woke" enough to agree with the firing and harassment.

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I hope people are aware that being too woke can cause more harm than good. Like lose friends, get other people into trouble.

I mean I lost a long time friend (and he lost other friends too) because he became too woke and overly sensitive, whereas I'm the type who knows these stuff but don't really mind if people have differing opinions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom