• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
EviLore made money pretending to be an ally :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I've never been politically correct, which is why weirdos from the left and the right both try to weaponize screenshots of mine. Remember Off-Topic Is a Den of Cunts? I've also been making fun of third wave "tumblr" feminism for at least a decade now. I spoke out against the insanity here in 2016-2017, too, and people freaked out and account suicided, called me a racist for suggesting that not all Trump voters deserved to be gas chambered, for defending Jon Stewart after he didn't go along with the post-election insanity narrative, etc. etc. It's all public record.

It must throw these Reset loony tunes off that I genuinely care about this community and everyone in it, and also have my own opinions that I'm not afraid to voice. Look at some contentious issues. I've stopped suicides of trans gaffers several times over the years, happily had a trans moderator on the team and tried to create a positive environment for people to be themselves here, but also openly stated that I wouldn't date trans girls and that most other straight guys wouldn't either, which got me labeled a transphobe. Coddling someone and lying to them about what their dating life will probably look like after transitioning, when they're considering SRS that they can't ever undo, is an abhorrent, evil act.

If people would open their goddamn eyes for a second they might see that I've never been an "ally." I've tried to be a friend.

CyberPanda

Banned
I've never been politically correct, which is why weirdos from the left and the right both try to weaponize screenshots of mine. Remember Off-Topic Is a Den of Cunts? I've also been making fun of third wave "tumblr" feminism for at least a decade now. I spoke out against the insanity here in 2016-2017, too, and people freaked out and account suicided, called me a racist for suggesting that not all Trump voters deserved to be gas chambered, for defending Jon Stewart after he didn't go along with the post-election insanity narrative, etc. etc. It's all public record.

It must throw these Reset loony tunes off that I genuinely care about this community and everyone in it, and also have my own opinions that I'm not afraid to voice. Look at some contentious issues. I've stopped suicides of trans gaffers several times over the years, happily had a trans moderator on the team and tried to create a positive environment for people to be themselves here, but also openly stated that I wouldn't date trans girls and that most other straight guys wouldn't either, which got me labeled a transphobe. Coddling someone and lying to them about what their dating life will probably look like after transitioning, when they're considering SRS that they can't ever undo, is an abhorrent, evil act.

If people would open their goddamn eyes for a second they might see that I've never been an "ally." I've tried to be a friend.
I like you.

bucyou

You know what, fuck this. I am literally collapsing in mental stress from the news that I have a high chance of not living past 2020 and you're here implying you're the true victim. I'm sorry that I complained about the democratic party, even though I proudly voted for them all times without question. Clearly I deserve this illness and death. Why bother trying to fix myself when people like you keep using me as a stepping stone or a blame tool for your own purposes? Why bother doing anything? I'm better to you as a prop dead since at least I won't be an inconvenient voice against you.

welp im done browsing over there tonight

CyberPanda

Banned
You know what, fuck this. I am literally collapsing in mental stress from the news that I have a high chance of not living past 2020 and you're here implying you're the true victim. I'm sorry that I complained about the democratic party, even though I proudly voted for them all times without question. Clearly I deserve this illness and death. Why bother trying to fix myself when people like you keep using me as a stepping stone or a blame tool for your own purposes? Why bother doing anything? I'm better to you as a prop dead since at least I won't be an inconvenient voice against you.

Hahahaha

Papa

Banned

LOL who the fuck said that

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

LOL.

Headstrong person: Don't get too involved and fucked up thinking everything is a life or death situation, and lead a normal life. The internet is 99% entertainment and a way to spend time enjoying reading websites and watching videos.

Unstable pink-haired rube: I unscrewed the cap off my bottle of water and water splashed out. Oh shit, the cap is white. What a bunch of racist fucks the company is, as drinking from this bottle water must mean I'm drinking their Kool-Aid. But I already drank some. Life isn't worth living anymore. Someone please kill me.

Last edited:

[BANNED] šŸ˜‡[1 week] [Downplaying trasnsphobia, umm.. White supremacist and ummm....... History of similar infractionsšŸ˜±]

nush

Gold Member
They're still going at it. :rolleyes:

H8cwE9h.png

This screencap is great becuse it captures exactly why Era's ban rate is so high. Tagesreste clocked a warn (only a warn as he was criticizing GAF.) becuse you know "How About No" was the one that reported him because he found something to be offended about. That's how some of those guys operate there, hit the report button then get a dig in quickly before they are banned.
I've had bans on there and it followed the exact same pattern, just one person disagrees with me and while I'm still reading the topic within minutes I got a ban.

I remember who those posters are and they are on my radar.

Mochilador

Damn, these people have a few loose screws.

Is there some sort of magical fairy that comes on gaf when Iā€™m asleep that hides all the pro trump posters and hard right mods for when I log in on the morning....Is it some sort of internet game like secret hitler or do they just have an extremely distorted view of things??? Itā€™s very hard to follow

I know there are some thread titles which trigger people but there is actual discussion from both sides of the fence and if Iā€™m being honest I think most people here donā€™t really care which way you lean but itā€™s fucking funny watching lefties implode

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Is there some sort of magical fairy that comes on gaf when Iā€™m asleep that hides all the pro trump posters and hard right mods for when I log in on the morning....Is it some sort of internet game like secret hitler or do they just have an extremely distorted view of things??? Itā€™s very hard to follow

I know there are some thread titles which trigger people but there is actual discussion from both sides of the fence and if Iā€™m being honest I think most people here donā€™t really care which way you lean but itā€™s fucking funny watching lefties implode

Many of them did not start out this way. They have become emotionally unstable over time by remaining immersed in an echo chamber of perpetually triggered people 24/7, which takes a severe toll on your psychological well-being.

Someone else tells them that a person outside their bubble is a sexist racist alt-right homophobic transphobe. Their righteous indignation kicks in -- how could someone be so awful? -- and they join the collective lynch mob and lash out at the target. By being proactive, by toppling an evil person and giving them their just desserts, they experience catharsis. Good feelings for good deeds, right? All the while, they are told by enforcers within their ideological enclave that they are good people for lashing out, and that anyone who sits out the angry mob and deigns think for themselves is the Enemy, for they are clearly "disingenuous" and secretly in opposition to the Cause. Not being angry enough or self-righteous enough is literally a thoughtcrime warranting punishment and ostracization on par with the main target. You are "normalizing the enemy." An appeal to civility is a "dog whistle." They're told that any exposure to unsanctioned viewpoints will hypnotize them and send them down a slippery slope toward evil, so they begin to purposefully avoid primary sources.

These are all conditioning mechanisms for radicalization.

By that logic, shouldn't you have not deleted the den of cunts thread? There was no reason to coddle these people, so why not own your beliefs before it got as out of hand as it did?

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
Many of them did not start out this way. They have become emotionally unstable over time by remaining immersed in an echo chamber of perpetually triggered people 24/7, which takes a severe toll on your psychological well-being.

Someone else tells them that a person outside their bubble is a sexist racist alt-right homophobic transphobe. Their righteous indignation kicks in -- how could someone be so awful? -- and they join the collective lynch mob and lash out at the target. By being proactive, by toppling an evil person and giving them their just desserts, they experience catharsis. Good feelings for good deeds, right? All the while, they are told by enforcers within their ideological enclave that they are good people for lashing out, and that anyone who sits out the angry mob and deigns think for themselves is the Enemy, for they are clearly "disingenuous" and secretly in opposition to the Cause. Not being angry enough or self-righteous enough is literally a thoughtcrime warranting punishment and ostracization on par with the main target. You are "normalizing the enemy." An appeal to civility is a "dog whistle." They're told that any exposure to unsanctioned viewpoints will hypnotize them and send them down a slippery slope toward evil, so they begin to purposefully avoid primary sources.

These are all conditioning mechanisms for radicalization.

Iā€™m just picturing the literal shaking as they read this post. Fuck itā€™s funny.

JordanN

Banned

I can respect any leftist post who genuinely has evidence and is willing to stick with their points and not run away from them. I'm not afraid of them, I just want to see them argue at their best.

Look at Reset when users expressed shocked that right-wing Gaffers could actually exist, even before the 2017 purge.
They literally can't entertain other viewpoints can possibly exist. They just see everyone who voted for Trump to be Brownshirt wearing Nazis, while not being aware that close to 63 million Americans had came out and vote for the man. Some of those very same voters had even came out for Obama both times, once again, do they just think these people were secret Nazis all this time, even when they voted for a Black president to rule over them?

And don't forget their countless threads about "did you disown a Trump family member?" Their sense of reality is warped, to the point you can find examples of their Admins and Moderators egging on this behavior.

It's quite destructive and the opposite of what "progressivism" should be about. They instead opt to do everything in absolutes.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Another fine example of how 'era' operates

LJtGUvz.png

OP comes in with their talking down to everyone basically saying most of the community are dumb because they don't 'get' the thematic and moral depth of the story. Threadmarks of 'interest' are only those that support the OP :unsure: probably asked for in closed circles......

VDHZVtw.png

A poster in there called Bragg actually decimates the OP, and suddenly the thread just sort of dies with the OP nowhere to be found. Even our old friend @Zefah is in there being reasonable fighting against the grain but has to step away because you can clearly see if you keep answering the bait eventually you'll be on the ban list. Said it before, the self appointed 'oracles' over there are the equivalent of Reeeeeflecting pools - On the surface everything looks OK, many hours of googling and amalgamating opinions and articles into their own version/words which they then pour out as a pearly string of wisdom. However, when tested for any sort of depth by an SME or ardent fan, they fall apart and wither, not able to take the 'L' and try to win the argument by virtue of many voices drowning out the opposition. That's why they post this on era and not reddit because within minutes they'd be destroyed by people who actually know their shit. Whole site is crawling with self loathing Dan Burros syndrome

There was also screens of the Jedi reveal trailer posted,

yikes-png.724901

That has gone into full damage limitation mode, saying there were asking for diversity of lifeforms not racial diversity. Even Rey and Jyn are no longer safe being women, they are being labelled as typical 'straight and white', might need an updated pyramid JordanN JordanN

Having said that, in both those threads I'm seeing more level headed folk actually saying this is going too far now and long may it continue. The thing is I remember reading a while back, a book on Marxism and it went into great deal about the ideologies around the coup d'etat, how rash they were and done by people not learned enough to change the system. So when they get their slice of power they don't know what to do so implement the same systems of power and control. The very idea why these ideologies never work is because the transition of power never takes place, that being given back to the people. Those in power get a taste for the fame, corruption and ambition and become the thing they 'rose up' against.......Sanctimonious and hypocritical people. Now, I'm sure I can think of an example that I can juxtapose next these people and site to illustrate this point perfectly but I can't quite recall it at the moment.....

The Shroud of the Bigots has fallen. Begun the Ree wars have.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

CyberPanda

Banned
Another fine example of how 'era' operates

LJtGUvz.png

OP comes in with their talking down to everyone basically saying most of the community are dumb because they don't 'get' the thematic and moral depth of the story. Threadmarks of 'interest' are only those that support the OP :unsure: probably asked for in closed circles......

VDHZVtw.png

A poster in there called Bragg actually decimates the OP, and suddenly the thread just sort of dies with the OP nowhere to be found. Even our old friend @Zefah is in there being reasonable fighting against the grain but has to step away because you can clearly see if you keep answering the bait eventually you'll be on the ban list. Said it before, the self appointed 'oracles' over there are the equivalent of Reeeeeflecting pools - On the surface everything looks OK, many hours of googling and amalgamating opinions and articles into their own version/words which they then pour out as a pearly string of wisdom. However, when tested for any sort of depth by an SME or ardent fan, they fall apart and wither, not able to take the 'L' and try to win the argument by virtue of many voices drowning out the opposition. That's why they post this on era and not reddit because within minutes they'd be destroyed by people who actually know their shit. Whole site is crawling with self loathing Dan Burros syndrome

There was also screens of the Jedi reveal trailer posted,

yikes-png.724901

That has gone into full damage limitation mode, saying there were asking for diversity of lifeforms not racial diversity. Even Rey and Jyn are no longer safe being women, they are being labelled as typical 'straight and white', might need an updated pyramid JordanN JordanN

Having said that, in both those threads I'm seeing more level headed folk actually saying this is going too far now and long may it continue. The thing is I remember reading a while back, a book on Marxism and it went into great deal about the ideologies around the coup d'etat, how rash they were and done by people not learned enough to change the system. So when they get their slice of power they don't know what to do so implement the same systems of power and control. The very idea why these ideologies never work is because the transition of power never takes place, that being given back to the people. Those in power get a taste for the fame, corruption and ambition and become the thing they 'rose up' against.......Sanctimonious and hypocritical people. Now, I'm sure I can think of an example that I can juxtapose next these people and site to illustrate this point perfectly but I can't quite recall it at the moment.....

The Shroud of the Bigots has fallen. Begun the Ree wars have.

giphy.gif
That site is cancer. There is nothing wrong with having a European woman as a lead in a Star Wars movie.

Boss Mog

I knew Fallen Order having a white guy protag would trigger the fuck out of these wretched wretches. They are beyond pathetic at this point. "Another generic white male", wtf does that even mean? In what way is he generic exactly? I mean if you look at facts white people are more diverse than any other people living on Earth; they have hair and eye color variances that are almost exclusive to them. Culturally as well, from Greece, to France, to Norway, the cultures are radically different, especially for a single continent. But having pretty much the same looking black woman with an afro in a bunch of different games is celebrated as "diversity".

CyberPanda

Banned
I knew Fallen Order having a white guy protag would trigger the fuck out of these wretched wretches. They are beyond pathetic at this point. "Another generic white male", wtf does that even mean? In what way is he generic exactly? I mean if you look at facts white people are more diverse than any other people living on Earth; they have hair and eye color variances that are almost exclusive to them. Culturally as well, from Greece, to France, to Norway, the cultures are radically different, especially for a single continent. But having pretty much the same looking black woman with an afro in a bunch of different games is celebrated as "diversity".
Yep. Ethnic europeans are already vastly diverse like you said.

Airola

It's the "anti-trump gaze" at work.

If there's a thread with someone being positive about Trump and a person with "anti-trump gaze" sees it, in that person's eyes the previous 5 and the next 5 posts are contaminated and can only be cleaned with seeing a post where someone says "fuck that orange piece of shit", and if that doesn't happen soon enough (read: immediately) then the number of contaminated posts changes to 10. And the longer it goes without the cleaning post appearing the higher the number grows. If there are two posts that are positive about Trump without anyone providing the cleaning service, then all posts have been automatically contaminated and you can safely say the board is full of Trump supporting alt right racists.

Corrik

The Y I K E S post you all keep linking was a user making fun of the "generic white male" outrage of others. And, they were banned a week for it too lol. Another was banned 2 weeks for calling out the nonsense.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Is there some sort of magical fairy that comes on gaf when Iā€™m asleep that hides all the pro trump posters
You have trouble finding Trump supporters here?
Afro Republican
Bolivar687
cryptoadam
DunDunDunpachi
Freedom Gate Co.
highrider
JordanN
MrTickles
oagboghi2
Panda1
ResurrectedContrarian
Super Mario
TheGreatYosh
Voost Kain

Unfortunately I have to leave now and do not know when I have time again, so take this way incomplete list for now.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
@Afro Republican
@Bolivar687
@cryptoadam
DunDunDunpachi DunDunDunpachi

@Freedom Gate Co.

highrider highrider

JordanN JordanN

@MrTickles

@oagboghi2
@Panda1

@ResurrectedContrarian
@Super Mario
@TheGreatYosh

@Voost Kain

Unfortunately I have to leave now and do not know when I have time again, so take this way incomplete list for now.

tenor.gif

(This is not a mockery on your post.)

Dunno why you are bashing him. Someone said he doesn't know who or where they are. And, he listed some. No big deal.
GAFfers when seeing this post:

tenor.gif

JordanN

Banned
I should mention I'm only a Trump Supporter in "name".

l7Sk82f.jpg

Trump right now is the lesser of two evils, but if there was another candidate who could actually build the wall and stop immigration faster, I would drop Trump in a heartbeat.
All in all, I think he's going to be our generation's "Reagan". Conservatives will like him now, but we'll soon realize we could have had far better.

Last edited:
@Afro Republican
@Bolivar687
@cryptoadam
DunDunDunpachi DunDunDunpachi

@Freedom Gate Co.

highrider highrider

JordanN JordanN

@MrTickles

@oagboghi2
@Panda1

@ResurrectedContrarian
@Super Mario
@TheGreatYosh

@Voost Kain

The fact that u had a list of people who may of said something which aligns more with trump than the left is pretty scary

If you actually want things to change you have to look at whatā€™s in front of you physically and interact with these people as excluding or putting them in a box does nothing

In order to change you must first learn their point of view and they will learn yours

Iā€™m gonna call out that cunt Matt404au a fellow Aussie...I know he is a liberal supporter and we both have opposite views on political ideals but Iā€™m not upset or mad... people are entitled to their views as they have different life experiences and just because they align to a different view doesnā€™t make them an actual cunt..it just makes human and not herded like a sheep down a paddock

highrider

Banned
Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Last edited:
S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
I should mention I'm only a Trump Supporter in "name".

l7Sk82f.jpg

Trump right now is the lesser of two evils, but if there was another candidate who could actually build the wall and stop immigration faster, I would drop Trump in a heartbeat.
All in all, I think he's going to be our generation's "Reagan". Conservatives will like him now, but we'll soon realize we could have had far better.

Aren't you Canadian?

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Congrats Yoshi Yoshi you just made a public list of 'enemies'. Some of these users are not even U.S. citzens. I think those people could speak for themselves if they wanted to.
Did I say something about enemies? These are people who are supporting Trump, which is probably not something they are ashamed of, otherwise I would not know.
Hi Yoshi. Why are you keeping lists on us?
I'm not keeping lists, someone said he knew none, I knew some off the top of my head (yes, including you, but if someone asked for someone left leaning you would probably have no issues naming me either), some I checked back with recent politics threads. This posting is the only point where I have a "list" and that was because someone insinuated he knew next to none, which is strange considering the politics activity.
What if Iā€™m not a Trump ā€œsupporterā€, but I absolutely love the cunt for the way he makes simpletons REEEE?

Do I make the list?
Only one per letter, and Mario is a full supporter, sorry.
TFW iā€™m not popular enough to be on the list šŸ˜”
Don't worry, had I more time, you would probably have the "W" spot.

Barnabot

Did I say something about enemies? These are people who are supporting Trump, which is probably not something they are ashamed of, otherwise I would not know.
There is a diferrence.
2yk1tg.jpg

Then I just need to assume that you just had the best of intentions when you came up with a listing like that in one of the most visited threads by potential trolls.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom