• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberPanda

Banned
>when you read resetera
Ken-Park-Headshot.gif
‘registering on reset and expecting not to get banned in the first week’

fatgirlmotorcycle.gif

CyberPanda

Banned

Traianvs

I'm sure reseters are all sexual tyrannosaurs and alpha candidates for reproduction.

nush

Gold Member

How can I join in on being offended, when there's no persecuted group I fit in?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Yeah I'm calling bullshit on that one.

Mista

Banned
Laughing at CuntsEra for banning Ray Wonder Ray Wonder just because the lad is watching a video he found interesting. Hey we hate Joe Rogan so we’ll ban you because you posted a video of him even though you didn’t do anything wrong

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
I am getting the impression they might not like Joe Rogan. :messenger_open_mouth:

Lock reason: These threads routinely produce no valuable discussion and this topic is closed

Maybe the moderation team should try moderating all their shit posters so a discussion can be had rather then closing the conversation.
They just said that publicly, the ban message said I was trolling and antagonizing people. Tbh I just posted to talk about the contents of the podcast. I found the response pretty funny, like I just posted how to steps on living the Mein Kampf.

It’s no biggie though I barely ever post there, and when I do my brain feels like it’s leaking cells. They have seriously lost it. I feel bad for them, to be so hyper focused on maintaining your bubble that posting a Joe Rogan video sets you off like a Chernobyl melt down. It’s such a delicate, vengeful, and unproductive way to live.

Hi gaf ❤️

Papa

Banned
They just said that publicly, the ban message said I was trolling and antagonizing people. Tbh I just posted to talk about the contents of the podcast. I found the response pretty funny, like I just posted how to steps on living the Mein Kampf.

It’s no biggie though I barely ever post there, and when I do my brain feels like it’s leaking cells. They have seriously lost it. I feel bad for them, to be so hyper focused on maintaining your bubble that posting a Joe Rogan video sets you off like a Chernobyl melt down. It’s such a delicate, vengeful, and unproductive way to live.

Hi gaf ❤

Joe Rogan is only a few steps removed from Richard Spencer so by posting one of his interviews, you revealed yourself as alt-right adjacent (aka Nazi by proxy).

1537984264903-Screen-Shot-2018-09-26-at-15024-PM.png

images

Clarissa

Banned
I'm a M2F transgender and even I hate how toxic the environment is in resetera.

It seems as if they are finding reasons to get angry about everyday. I nickname that place Upset era cuz everyone seems upset.

Gaf is a much nicer place and I hope it's a place I can call home. =)

Love and acceptance > trying to shove your agenda down someone's throat.

It seems as if they are finding reasons to get angry about everyday. I nickname that place Upset era cuz everyone seems upset.

Glad for your honestly and i hope you enjoy it here :)...we are all good cunts here (im Aussie so cunts means friends and not an actual cunt)
Everything requires balance in life and everyone has a different life experience...you have to fall out of a tree a few times before you learn things....reee just wants to cut down the tree

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy

Welcome to GAF, Clarissa. :messenger_smiling:

Saruhashi

Banned
Hot damn, someone got banned for saying:

"Still gonna watch it since i dont care what launcher i have to click to run games. Also with Epic sponsoring maybe it will be not a snoozefest this year. "

Apparently this was trolling. Heaven forbid you say you will watch the PC E3 conference.

That's really crazy when you think about it.

The banned poster has 6k posts since 25 October 2017 so I reckon that's about 10 posts per day on average.
You're talking about a pretty prolific poster and the typical kind of person who would keep your community going along.

Yet they are banned for a weeks simply for stating "Still gonna watch it since i dont care what launcher i have to click to run games. Also with Epic sponsoring maybe it will be not a snoozefest this year."

An entire week ban on a 10 a day poster for what must be the most mundane of mundane takes.

I don't know how anyone can trust this site at all. How many have signed up using email accounts from work or college or even service providers that give away their identity? I'd imagine that a single dodgy or poorly worded post could be a bit risk. One post away from some idiot contacting your work or college trying to out you as a "Nazi" or something.

God Enel

That's really crazy when you think about it.

The banned poster has 6k posts since 25 October 2017 so I reckon that's about 10 posts per day on average.
You're talking about a pretty prolific poster and the typical kind of person who would keep your community going along.

Yet they are banned for a weeks simply for stating "Still gonna watch it since i dont care what launcher i have to click to run games. Also with Epic sponsoring maybe it will be not a snoozefest this year."

An entire week ban on a 10 a day poster for what must be the most mundane of mundane takes.

I don't know how anyone can trust this site at all. How many have signed up using email accounts from work or college or even service providers that give away their identity? I'd imagine that a single dodgy or poorly worded post could be a bit risk. One post away from some idiot contacting your work or college trying to out you as a "Nazi" or something.

Yeah that’s what I was wondering as well. I mean as you said it. You’re effectively killing your community with banning these posters. Because people like him are keeping the community alive. Obviously sometimes you have to ban such a guy. But not over trivial shit like that.
And Sadly (or not?) i think he’s not the only one who’s been banned despite posting so much.

Clearly shows that they don’t have any idea what they’re doing over there. You can’t be this blind to just throw people under the bus so easily. The members are the site-owners income basically. It isn’t that hard to realize. And there are valuable members you better not throw away for auch Bullshit. Especially if they helped to build the community you know have.

Sad

Edit: welcome here Clarissa. I hope you’ll have a great time and enjoy your stay. :)

Last edited:

Fake

Hi gaf ❤

Welcome to both. I want to say I actually a left guy, but hate that stupid going on resetera. As always feel free to check my twitter profile for see my politics opinions. On gaming side I hate talk about politics so you get the point.

Ray Wonder

Welcome to both. I want to say I actually a left guy, but hate that stupid going on resetera. As always feel free to check my twitter profile for see my politics opinions. On gaming side I hate talk about politics so you get the point.

I'm fairly left too tbh.

I'll tell you what I believe. I believe that EVERY single user on that site would not pass their own purity test if very closely investigated. No one would make it out. Not a mod, not the most adamant user, no one. Nobody is perfect, yet they shun and label any person who has done something they slightly disagree with.

Barnabot

I'm fairly left too tbh.

I'll tell you what I believe. I believe that EVERY single user on that site would not pass their own purity test if very closely investigated. No one would make it out. Not a mod, not the most adamant user, no one. Nobody is perfect, yet they shun and label any person who has done something they slightly disagree with.
Been there, buddy. It's been seven months since i've abandoned that place. I was more like a GAFer afterall.

I get that he was defending the fact that there are some good posters over there and he didn’t want to paint the whole site with the same brush but if you are honestly still posting over there and giving them traffic then you are as dumb as the rest of the sheep that followed the lies over there.

Some of us here were dumb once and believed the lies but when you took a step back you realised that there was a lot of active sabotage and some perfect luck at the time with social media #metoo/gamergate and people hating trump that created a powder keg to mask the fact that that there were a group of people who wanted to benefit from creating a far left site that pretended to be a gaming forum....as their first plan didn’t pan out resetera was created and many people didn’t actually read the signs

Don’t be one of those people who stays at that place ignoring the fact that it’s become exactly what they set out to do because everyone else posts there...use your head and think with your own brain.....don’t be a dumbass

We may have different views here but being individual and learning from others life experiences as much as you hate their views makes you a better person

I believe it was said (in another thread) by EviLore EviLore that Mr. Neckers wasn’t banned for defending that not everyone at another site was bad. I don’t think that had anything to do with it.

Here it is

Patterns of behavior. He had to have his reporting privileges removed for repeatedly reporting anyone who disagreed with him, continuing to hold a conversation with people while reporting every one of their posts in attempts to get them banned. At the same time, he would berate and harass anyone who disengaged with him, often following them around the forum.

He has obsessive tendencies and rarely if ever responded to moderation directives. See this thread for example where he had to be reply banned: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/supp...pecs-was-leaked.1472198/page-5#post-253786234

After he himself disengaged somewhat from his regular commentary posts in the off-site community thread, he has been actively trying to stifle other people at doing the same thing he had been doing on a daily basis for a year. He pushed to get the off-site thread locked with him as the official chronicler/historian, but when there was pushback against that notion he didn't handle it well. He acts as if he's in charge of NeoGAF, more or less.

He's not.

Last edited:

Fake

Sometimes we agree or sometimes we disagree with each other. He need to learn that.
Thats why I never clicked on any resetera link. They just want to see post they liked, not your opinion.
If he was a resetera user he must know about that. Opinions change for people to people.
Its just like that polygon article. I not gonna bash who defend that article. Different people, different view point, but you want your voice to be respected first respect the others.
If you want to kbow why I was banned for one week is because Phantom Thief posted a article about the first week sales of Pokemon Lets:GO, but what I find funny is in he thread he made fun of people saying before Lets:GO release the game will bomb.
But not even him read the article he even posted on thread saying Lets:GO did a poor job in comparisom with others pkmn fanchise and I was accussed of being negative and 'troll historic?' even in my post history don't have any sight if troll besides I posted some hypocresy from the serebii guy.

I even agree with him in that departament: resetera still have some decent users. I not going to generalize because thats not my line. The place is toxic, but some people just want to talk about games and nothing more.

Last edited:

Ray Wonder

A warm welcome(back) to Ray Wonder Ray Wonder and Clarissa Clarissa . I think you'll come to find that we're much more welcoming and overall more accepting than Ree. We're a bunch of bantering cunts at times, but it's always in good fun. It's good to have you here, and I hope you choose to stick around. :messenger_heart:
tyvm, it's good to be back. I probably posted here more than there anyways haha. I got a lot going on in life rn, and i haven't frequented any forum lately.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster

When something is announced as an "analysis" its a giant red flag. The word implies a result, not just a process, which basically means its not an open ended exploration or discussion of a subject, its a polemic.
The goal is to prove the titualar thesis, which is real fucking easy when you can selectively cherry-pick facts and evidences which support and omit everything else.

Regarding the video itself, well, when the point seems to be how terribly trans-folk are treated in these times, why lead off using a 25 year old film (Ace Ventura) as an extended example? Moving on we get a bunch of snippets of footage from The Crying Game (1992) and via a disingenuous detour into a 1998 criminal case, a long stretch about The Sillence of the Lambs (1991), which is of course a faithful adaptation of a 1988 novel which in turn is heavily inspired by the case of Wisconsin necrophile Ed Gein who comitted his crimes in the 1950's.

I could continue, but truthfully it bothers me less that the video does such an incredibly piss-poor job of supporting its central argument, then how the morons on Reee are oblivious to how utterly worthless it is.

No, it is not "a fantastic deep dive into the subject and relates the trend to the real world consequences", its a drone talking over a bunch of clips from OLD movies and failing to correlate their existence and viewpoint in any way to the present day. Pure garbage.

HUELEN10

248e4d3f-332f-415b-bszjzz.jpeg

fc355039-78ca-4716-bpqjm9.jpeg

bbf670bb-e484-4dd1-9wgkaq.jpeg

Have an opinion that censorship is bad and are not sure how to feel about things due to possible implications, get told to go back to 8chan and get accused of feeling bothered for racists getting banned. Wow...

AHM's views might not be the most elaborate, but they said absolutely nothing inflammatory.

Last edited:

HUELEN10

While we’re on topic, looking back at some of my posts and thinking about it, I’m surprised I wasn’t banned for this post. Not that it deserves a ban mind you.

120d7b0a-d8f7-49b0-b5zjc2.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom