• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

but if you are honestly still posting over there and giving them traffic then you are as dumb as the rest of the sheep that followed the lies over there

Thing is, I don''t care. Im there for GoT, MCU, Always Sunny and PC Gaming thread.

It is pretty weird to call people stupid just because someone post on a site you don't like. Weird as in, it doesn't make sense.

I am also considering leaving ERA, mainy due to PC Gaming ERA has moved over to MetaCouncil and the mods doing little to nothing with "EGS good, Steam bad" driveby trollposts. But I'll see what I do once GoT is over.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Thing is, I don''t care. Im there for GoT, MCU, Always Sunny and PC Gaming thread.

It is pretty weird to call people stupid just because someone post on a site you don't like. Weird as in, it doesn't make sense.

I am also considering leaving ERA, mainy due to PC Gaming ERA has moved over to MetaCouncil and the mods doing little to nothing with "EGS good, Steam bad" driveby trollposts. But I'll see what I do once GoT is over.
Always good to see you here buddy :)

You are entitled to your opinion and i respect that but if your posting on a site which is one big lie from creation through to its current form is staying their a good decision or a dumb decision?
I think you are starting to make yours and using your own actual brain and a place like meta-council is actually a great place (i lurk around there for some of groups)

We do what makes us happy but to me posting on era is like watching someone getting mugged right next to you and you not trying to do anything because you might get blood on your shoes

Saber

Gold Member

The strange thing is that it has been that way since a good time. I remember people complaining about that in the feedback thread(which got heavly backfire, because no one likes the mods actions and behaviour, to the point one of them threats to ban).

Last edited:

fantomena

You are entitled to your opinion and i respect that but if your posting on a site which is one big lie from creation through to its current form is staying their a good decision or a dumb decision?
I think you are starting to make yours and using your own actual brain and a place like meta-council is actually a great place (i lurk around there for some of groups)

We do what makes us happy but to me posting on era is like watching someone getting mugged right next to you and you not trying to do anything because you might get blood on your shoes

What big lie?

"Use your brain" lol. It's a damn forum. Stop making it sound like some big business thing.

Im on ERA to express my thoughts on GoT, MCU, PC gaming and see funny memes regarding topics I follow.

It's not complicated.

Last edited:

Barnabot

What big lie?

"Use your brain" lol. It's a damn forum. Stop making it sound like some big business thing.
But yet you are coming here once in a while trying to make some points by defending ERA and then promoting MetaCouncil next, two different forums, and not trying to sound like it is some big business just like you've said ;)

fantomena

But yet you are coming here once in a while trying to make some points by defending ERA and then promoting MetaCouncil next, two different forums, and not trying to sound like it is some big business just like you've said ;)

Defending ERA? Im defending myself from being called stupid simply because Im on ERA to talk about certain topics and laugh at memes.

What big lie?

You obviously have not had a look in the project justice thread have you?

im not going to taint your views with my own but i would suggest having a look there...having a look back through some of the early posts in this thread and also checking out the kiwifarms thread and come to your own conclusions and use that big Brain :)

fantomena

You obviously have not had a look in the project justice thread have you?

im not going to taint your views with my own but i would suggest having a look there...having a look back through some of the early posts in this thread and also checking out the kiwifarms thread and come to your own conclusions and use that big Brain :)

Project justice thread?

I feel the thing is that a lot of you take ERA very seriously, but I don't. It' just another discussion board among the thousands (?) of discussion boards on the Internet.

Last edited:
Project justice thread?
The one where the mods (some of who ended up mods/helpers over there) actively stealth banned people here and made this place an un-enjoyable shithole...like era is now

#Phonepunk#

Banned

movie about a villain has him maybe killing a woman so let's prejudge a movie that doesn't exist yet as sexist. of course killing women for the greater good was fine in Infinity War but this is the Joker we are talking here, he's a role model to 4chan strawmen who don't take anything seriously, so we must take this very seriously

pretty usual for the message board that feigns tolerance for others as of the utmost importance to openly & casually admit they hate most of the human race and think they are bad people.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
What big lie?

Im on ERA to express my thoughts on GoT, MCU, PC gaming and see funny memes regarding topics I follow.

It's not complicated.

By posting on Era, you are providing them with clicks, views, and supporting a site that is run by blatant racists and marxists. It is like going to a restaurant that doesn't serve people of a specific ethnicity, but since you and your friends aren't targeted, you ignore it and continue eating there week after week.

Pidull

I'm obviously a new face here, but I really need to vent about ERA, because I've held it in for so long and releasing the frustration is cathartic.

I was always just a lurker on GAF, even though I've spent many years posting on other forums. I loved GAF, I enjoyed the opinions many people shared, and it filled my heart with joy anytime someone made a LTTP thread regarding a cult-like game I loved. It was also a solid place to keep up with the news, even though I visited Kotaku for news far more often (previously I visited IGN, but they started getting too slow with the latest news).

Over time, GAF became my go-to news source. Why? Because Kotaku started to post more editorial content and less breaking gaming news. Yes, it may very well be due to the color of my skin or my sex that the issues they raised didn't matter as much to me, but I've always been of the opinion that if there's a market for something, people will flock to it once a company provides it.

Unfortunately, the GAF I loved started to disappear with the current generation of consoles. More and more spammers infested the boards, and reading other people's worthwhile opinions became more of a hassle. Whereas previously it felt like 90% of posts were of an extremely high quality, it had become the inverse of that. I went from the cusp of joining GAF around 2011/2012, to being completely disinterested in having my voice drowned out by garbage.

When GAF imploded and everyone suicide-banned themselves while cursing EL, I won't lie, I was sort of happy because it meant the spam would end. At the same time, seeing more rational people have their character mercilessly attacked because they didn't want to hop on the EL hate train was bizarre. Many posters were publicly damning him for a story in which he was actually quite respectful of someone else's personal space, because of some ridiculously rigid standard of what is and isn't okay. I know few people who haven't done something they've later regretted or been embarrassed about, life is too gray to be damning someone for something stupid they did in their personal life when they didn't even hurt anyone.

Unfortunately, GAF was "dead" afterwards, and the news I had come to rely on was now on ERA, so I followed. What choice did I have? More people left GAF than I expected, whether out of fear, delusion, or otherwise. I kept coming to GAF, hoping to see it recover, and although it has been a slow climb, I feel that it has been happening little by little.

ERA, meanwhile, has become a complete hellhole, and I have been going there less and less. Every time I see anyone try to promote a more rational, rounded opinion on something, I notice that they've been banned and shitpiled on by dozens of members. Whenever I thought I had seen the worst example of someone getting banned for a post trying to calm things down, ERA would prove me wrong. Hard not to think about the early posts on ERA that said they would try to have a balanced, fair modding process.

There is more REEEE hating occurring than I'd prefer (and here I am adding to it), but at the same time it's hard not to laugh at or direct disdain towards that site when much of the greatness of former GAF is gone. To those who have stuck with GAF and continued to contribute, I thank you, because GAF is definitely on an upward trend and eventually it will be as great as ever.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Unfortunately, GAF was "dead" afterwards, and the news I had come to rely on was now on ERA, so I followed. What choice did I have?
The same choice I and many others had. We chose to stay and rebuild this place.

Gaming news you can get anywhere. A good community is hard to find.

I won’t hold it against you though. Be normal and/or funny and you’re ok in my book.

Melon

Banned
I'm obviously a new face here, but I really need to vent about ERA, because I've held it in for so long and releasing the frustration is cathartic.

I was always just a lurker on GAF, even though I've spent many years posting on other forums. I loved GAF, I enjoyed the opinions many people shared, and it filled my heart with joy anytime someone made a LTTP thread regarding a cult-like game I loved. It was also a solid place to keep up with the news, even though I visited Kotaku for news far more often (previously I visited IGN, but they started getting too slow with the latest news).

Over time, GAF became my go-to news source. Why? Because Kotaku started to post more editorial content and less breaking gaming news. Yes, it may very well be due to the color of my skin or my sex that the issues they raised didn't matter as much to me, but I've always been of the opinion that if there's a market for something, people will flock to it once a company provides it.

Unfortunately, the GAF I loved started to disappear with the current generation of consoles. More and more spammers infested the boards, and reading other people's worthwhile opinions became more of a hassle. Whereas previously it felt like 90% of posts were of an extremely high quality, it had become the inverse of that. I went from the cusp of joining GAF around 2011/2012, to being completely disinterested in having my voice drowned out by garbage.

When GAF imploded and everyone suicide-banned themselves while cursing EL, I won't lie, I was sort of happy because it meant the spam would end. At the same time, seeing more rational people have their character mercilessly attacked because they didn't want to hop on the EL hate train was bizarre. Many posters were publicly damning him for a story in which he was actually quite respectful of someone else's personal space, because of some ridiculously rigid standard of what is and isn't okay. I know few people who haven't done something they've later regretted or been embarrassed about, life is too gray to be damning someone for something stupid they did in their personal life when they didn't even hurt anyone.

Unfortunately, GAF was "dead" afterwards, and the news I had come to rely on was now on ERA, so I followed. What choice did I have? More people left GAF than I expected, whether out of fear, delusion, or otherwise. I kept coming to GAF, hoping to see it recover, and although it has been a slow climb, I feel that it has been happening little by little.

ERA, meanwhile, has become a complete hellhole, and I have been going there less and less. Every time I see anyone try to promote a more rational, rounded opinion on something, I notice that they've been banned and shitpiled on by dozens of members. Whenever I thought I had seen the worst example of someone getting banned for a post trying to calm things down, ERA would prove me wrong. Hard not to think about the early posts on ERA that said they would try to have a balanced, fair modding process.

There is more REEEE hating occurring than I'd prefer (and here I am adding to it), but at the same time it's hard not to laugh at or direct disdain towards that site when much of the greatness of former GAF is gone. To those who have stuck with GAF and continued to contribute, I thank you, because GAF is definitely on an upward trend and eventually it will be as great as ever.

It's good to have you here. We are a lot more relaxed here compared to over there. There is nothing wrong with venting out your frustrations; ERA was a big let down for a lot of people(not me personally because I never went there). Now it's just an absolute shitfest. I hope you'll stick around; you seem like a good, level-headed person.

Pidull

The same choice I and many others had. We chose to stay and rebuild this place.

Gaming news you can get anywhere. A good community is hard to find.

I won’t hold it against you though. Be normal and/or funny and you’re ok in my book.
I meant it more as a rhetorical question, there's a reason I kept coming here and kept hoping for the best.

Unfortunately, I'm neither funny nor normal, but I'm really good at thinking my opinions are the only right opinions, and from my experience that usually goes over really well online.
It's good to have you here. We are a lot more relaxed here compared to over there. There is nothing wrong with venting out your frustrations; ERA was a big let down for a lot of people(not me personally because I never went there). Now it's just an absolute shitfest. I hope you'll stick around; you seem like a good, level-headed person.
The plan is to help make this place better, even if the extent of my gaming these days is buying useless licensed trinkets and adding to my endless backlog.

JordanN

Banned
I guess it's related but the White House just opened their new website on social media censorship.

szVHKEl.png

Any 'murricans here wanna show President Trump Reset's graveyard of Conservative members? He's watching now.

Rct7jSP.png

Someone make history and get Trump to call out Resetera on live TV! Muahaha.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
I meant it more as a rhetorical question, there's a reason I kept coming here and kept hoping for the best.

Unfortunately, I'm neither funny nor normal, but I'm really good at thinking my opinions are the only right opinions, and from my experience that usually goes over really well online.

The plan is to help make this place better, even if the extent of my gaming these days is buying useless licensed trinkets and adding to my endless backlog.

i-will-teach-them.png

Shelbutt

So I found this place first and have heard a lot about Resetera and went there once but immediately gave up. Went there a little bit ago just to see what they post. Guy posts about his kid making a $700 purchase on xbox. Most of the replies are shaming him about leaving his kid unattended. Even tho OP said he's at work. I'm glad I found here first >.>

NickFire

I guess it's related but the White House just opened their new website on social media censorship.

szVHKEl.png

Any 'murricans here wanna show President Trump Reset's graveyard of Conservative members? He's watching now.

Rct7jSP.png

Someone make history and get Trump to call out Resetera on live TV! Muahaha.

giphy.gif
Looks more like a training ground for the mods than a legit thread to me. Definitely no group think though.

Fake

Of course since those snowflakes gets offended by everything..
At this point yes, but what I being talking is about this toxic behavior. When I get approved by resetera forum, some adm send me PM about people report me because they disagree with me. Not too much later they start to send a PM everytime they won an argument. In the early this was easy fix by mods with apply some warning.
Dunno if they doing the same there right now. Probably banning or even ignoring depend of the reported was a mod/adm friend. Discord probably increase the ammount of bullying there. The serebii guy now this.

Mista

Banned
At this point yes, but what I being talking is about this toxic behavior. When I get approved by resetera forum, some adm send me PM about people report me because they disagree with me. Not too much later they start to send a PM everytime they won an argument. In the early this was easy fix by mods with apply some warning.
Dunno if they doing the same there right now. Probably banning or even ignoring depend of the reported was a mod/adm friend. Discord probably increase the ammount of bullying there. The serebii guy now this.
Serebi Pokemon guy? What happened to him?

Fake

Serebi Pokemon guy? What happened to him?
He and most of 'supporters' defend him on resetera everytime he could get. Even when a nintendo 'fanboy' don't agree with him. I forget to take a printscreen about a conversation I have to another member there explaning the problem with serebii and 'leaks' from other sources and some translation problems. The guy who normaly get those pkmns leaks don't like him either because the confusion gets when he leak, but someone make a 'bad translation' for serebii guy.
The only resetera feedback thread was locked so quick, but one of those posts comments about people 'mob' users they normaly don't agree. Is more easy to bully someone when you make a room on discord to discuss that.

Mista

Banned
He and most of 'supporters' defend him on resetera everytime he could get. Even when a nintendo 'fanboy' don't agree with him. I forget to take a printscreen about a conversation I have to another member there explaning the problem with serebii and 'leaks' from other sources and some translation problems. The guy who normaly get those pkmns leaks don't like him either because the confusion gets when he leak, but someone make a 'bad translation' for serebii guy.
The only resetera feedback thread was locked so quick, but one of those posts comments about people 'mob' users they normaly don't agree. Is more easy to bully someone when you make a room on discord to discuss that.
So this Serebi guy turned out to be a cunt at the end and CuntsEra are supporting him?

Fake

So this Serebi guy turned out to be a cunt at the end and CuntsEra are supporting him?
To be fair, most of their supporters are from smogon/serebii forums who have account on resetera. I used to visit smogon forum just for seeing Pokemon Moon/Sun build so I reconize some members with same nickname. I never create a acc there because even for pkmn, that place is very toxic with people acting like 'I'm the best' or ridiculing people who do not have time to play.
Serebii forum are almost dead those days with so little activity and if you see those smogon 'Battle Tree' super thread they're full of insult of people who don't understand the pkmn mechanics.

Mista

Banned
To be fair, most of their supporters are from smogon/serebii forums who have account on resetera. I used to visit smogon forum just for seeing Pokemon Moon/Sun build so I reconize some members with same nickname. I never create a acc there because even for pkmn, that place is very toxic with people acting like 'I'm the best' or ridiculing people who do not have time to play.
Serebii forum are almost dead those days with so little activity and if you see those smogon 'Battle Tree' super thread they're full of insult of people who don't understand the pkmn mechanics.
I don't know about other forums. Apart from Arabic gaming forums I have only been on GAF
By the way your avatar is wicked. What is it from?

Fake

I don't know about other forums. Apart from Arabic gaming forums I have only been on GAF
By the way your avatar is wicked. What is it from?
I have a bunch of avatars in my google drive/ photobucket. Don't even remember, but I guess this is my most old avatar from there. I guess is from 'Lone Wolf' related.

Saber

Gold Member

Tbh there are posts of Serebii mocking people when they presented leaks which where not from "his source".
Also he has a tendency of making very low effort posts(like "lol"or "..?"). The thing is, he is not warned or banned when he do so. This was one of points my brother post on the Feedback thread . And while one of mods answer him, that matter got pratically ignored.

We both have being banned for "supporting bullying" towards him when I actually said that most of tales has 2 sides.

The context behind it was that there are as much people bullying others for liking a game as people who bully others for not liking a game. And I'm agaisnt both instances, not just "bullying against the ones who likes pokemon". Serebii is well know for mocking and insulting everyone who criticizes pokemon, using posts like "it gonna sell anyway" when he normally has no counter-argument(if any).

This guy is a mirror of his own forum. Full of people who think they're superiors.

Last edited:

fantomena

By posting on Era, you are providing them with clicks, views, and supporting a site that is run by blatant racists and marxists. It is like going to a restaurant that doesn't serve people of a specific ethnicity, but since you and your friends aren't targeted, you ignore it and continue eating there week after week.

1) Why should I care if there are marxists there?
2) Who are my friends on ERA?
3) What do you mean with that Im ignored?

I don't get it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom