• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cormack12

Gold Member
Correct! I just haven't posted that much anywhere lately due to high workload! I'm still around, though.

Out of interest and you don't have to disclose anything here but do you guys get early access to the hardware of next gen as well? Or have to wait until it's in retail?

JordanN

Banned
For all we know you were banned for posting your tendential intelligence pseudoscience.
Are you saying the alt-right doesn't believe in their own pseudoscience? You don't think they don't believe in racial supremacy?

I was actually trying to have a discussion on how some of their research is flawed and I presented counter evidence that proves not all characteristics reflect superiority.

Are you saying that is pseduoscience?

Last edited:
S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
Are you saying the alt-right doesn't believe in their own pseudoscience? You don't think they don't believe in racial supremacy?

I was actually trying to have a discussion on how some of their research is flawed and I presented counter evidence that proves not all characteristics reflect superiority.

Are you saying that is pseduoscience?
I'm pretty sure he's saying that without more information that screenshot is meaningless.

JordanN

Banned
I'm pretty sure he's saying that without more information that screenshot is meaningless.
That still doesn't make sense.
Did you read the entire quoted post?

Look what happened:

Not going to uncensor what subreddit this is, but I did try to talk to some alt-right folks and it didn't go well. 😨

I'm posting this as proof whenever people accuse me of being a far-right extremist.

I'm only interested in rational discourse with supporting evidence. Like SJW's, the alt-right have their own version of "feelings over facts".

It's actually very comical whenever people accuse Republicans or Neogaf as being "Nazis". From my interaction with the far-right, they're a hell of a lot more extreme in their views. To the point I did feel sick with what some would do if they had power.

If you're saying I got banned for "pseduoscience" then what are your thoughts on the alt-right's white power beliefs? That you see them being more scientific?

Last edited:
S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, i did. Your post is babbling about something or other, using the screenshot to back it up.
Except the screenshot gives no context, and therefore is meaningless.

So if you want to use it to back up your babbling, you need to uncensor at least some of it.

JordanN

Banned
Yep, i did. Your post is babbling about something or other, using the screenshot to back it up.
Except the screenshot gives no context, and therefore is meaningless.

So if you want to use it to back up your babbling, you need to uncensor at least some of it.
Are you intentionally trolling?
I already said the sub was an alt-right sub, and I got banned for "pseduoscience cuckery, science denial".

Again, are you saying the alt-right promotes better science than what I have?

Last edited:
S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
Do me a favor...

Read the relevant posts as though they were all written by other people and you are proofreading them.

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
Using a heavily edited screenshot to provide evidence does nothing when you censor the important information.

JordanN

Banned
Using a heavily edited screenshot to provide evidence does nothing when you censor the important information.
I said the subreddit was alt-right. Nothing else in the message was altered.

Did you get banned from the_donald for racial IQ posts, JordanN?
Republicans aren't Nazis.
I wanted to have a honest discussion with the far-right on their beliefs. I disagree with their extremism but they refuse to answer the questions that challenged them on it.

JordanN

Banned
I'm aware, but you leave speculation open by not naming the sub or the post you were banned for. If it's something you wouldn't want to be associated with on NeoGAF, you probably shouldn't be bringing it up in the first place.
They deleted my post for calling them out actually. I censored the sub to keep my reddit account anonymous.

Last edited:
S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
I said the subreddit was alt-right. Nothing else in the message was altered.

Republicans aren't Nazis.
I wanted to have a honest discussion with the far-right on their beliefs. I disagree with their extremism but they refuse to answer the questions that challenged them on it.

And, again, you saying it doesn't mean it's true. Using the screenshot to claim that it is does not provide enough info.
That's what I've been telling you for several posts.

JordanN

Banned
And, again, you saying it doesn't mean it's true. Using the screenshot to claim that it is does not provide enough info.
That's what I've been telling you for several posts.
What would be my reason for lying?

I even said, I do not claim to be alt-right/far-right. My story is I got banned from one of their subs for "science denialism/pseduoscience cuckery". Put the two and two together and you only get one expected outcome.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
Moving the discussion elsewhere now,

Resetera is triggered by 2 new THQ announcements.

cIQESva.png

ysuThAZ.png

Last edited:

Ol'Scratch

cIQESva.png

ysuThAZ.png
It is honestly sad watching people who are genuinely trying to discuss it woven in the stupid reeemarks in that thread

This is one of those times that If I had an account there I would post a new topic like “LTTP: Recommend me some good THQ games!”

“Just saw the thread here about the two THQ game announcements and the praise some of their franchises are getting. Having only really being familiar with Timesplitters and loving it, what other classic THQ games do you recommend?”

And then sit back and grab a cold one...

Dthomp

I’ve noticed lately an influx of new ignorant leftists posting in the Politics section. Did REEE do a huge ban wave recently?

I think I read that their Rage 2 thread took a lot of heads, so I assume some rolled this way to spew their nonsense

JORMBO

Darkness no more

cIQESva.png

ysuThAZ.png

ETzVUso.jpg

Yd9a2jh.jpg

1n7BPYK.jpg

Saber

Gold Member

Really, this is beyond insanity. Now because someone buy a THQ game he/she is already tagged as a child abuser supporter?

At this rate we can all tag Resetera as the closest thing as nazi. Really, they're trying too hard now.

Worst thing is that later people will ask "why do you guys talk so much about Era?"
Maybe because they're a laughting stock? A game forum not allowing a game discussion to flow is what?

Last edited:
C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking as a person with a bit of experience when it comes to various types of abuse, Ms. Galaxy's relentless "I was abused and THQ directly hurt me" posts raises a giant red flag.

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
Really, this is beyond insanity. Now because someone buy a THQ game he/she is already tagged as a child abuser supporter?

At this rate we can all tag Resetera as the closest thing as nazi. Really, they're trying too hard now.

Worst thing is that later people will ask "why do you guys talk so much about Era?"
Maybe because they're a laughting stock? A game forum not allowing a game discussion to flow is what?

But they are though. "history of infractions" is a blatant and public way of saying they're keeping tabs on its users. They ban people for "dismissing concerns", but only the concerns that fit their bubble. If anyone else has a concern they'll most likely get banned for backseat moderation.

They read 1984 and thought it was a user guide.

JordanN

Banned
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd thread is locked.

2mYSutC.png

Why even call it a gaming forum anymore? It's more like "The People's Approved Forum Posts".

Every post must be filtered through the wrong-think machine. If you're caught thinking, you are sent to the gulag and shot in the back of the head.

Last edited:

Ol'Scratch

I await and look forward to the day where some Nintendo employee is caught diddling some young thing of questionable age (not that I would wish any dubious act toward anyone of questionable age, let me be clear) and taking home videos at the local hostess bar and watching Reeee totally implode trying to rationalize why it is not the same. Looking behind the curtain is a mistake. Most if not all great artists were and are flawed and damaged. Game companies are not one thing, it is a collection of personalities and individuals. Some will have views aligning with you , some will not. Some will be normal, some will be weird, some will be downright creepy. I swear that posters on Reee have some weird impression that they are earning some kind of Reeeeject achievement.

Last edited:
You would think that with "I'm a non- binary trans women that has a lesbian girl friend and Docotrate in gender" nicole dropping from the mod team Reset would have "slightly" less crying and corrupt moderation going on.

Instead it seems to be worse, that's quite impressive, for the wrong reasons, but still impressive.

Ol'Scratch

You would think that with "I'm a non- binary trans women that has a lesbian girl friend and Docotrate in gender" nicole dropping from the mod team Reset would have "slightly" less crying and corrupt moderation going on.

Instead it seems to be worse, that's quite impressive, for the wrong reasons, but still impressive.
Anecdotal as it might be, it feels like there have been more bannings in the past few weeks than in a long time. It feels like more and more are putting a hard line and the mods are content to roll with it and any mods who were more "let's take in the whole picture first" are staying quiet.

Anecdotal as it might be, it feels like there have been more bannings in the past few weeks than in a long time. It feels like more and more are putting a hard line and the mods are content to roll with it and any mods who were more "let's take in the whole picture first" are staying quiet.
Well when they were here if something didn’t go their way, they’d throw a fit. Hard to say anyone is held hostage tho.

That Old Gaf social extreme is never happy

Barnabot

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd thread is locked.

2mYSutC.png

Why even call it a gaming forum anymore? It's more like "The People's Approved Forum Posts".

Every post must be filtered through the wrong-think machine. If you're caught thinking, you are sent to the gulag and shot in the back of the head.
The prophet should have closed that thread even before the first reply and ban the guy who created it 'cause you know he's a prophet... and also a mod. The best mix.

/s

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
There's some people on Ree that are so pissed they didn't get a justice boner over the THQ thing with every exec being fired and the company closed down. I can't wait for over the longest timeline every game company will eventually have done something to piss them off and they'll not be able to talk about any games apart from indie developers that have passed the Ree purity test.

Ol'Scratch

User Banned (duration pending): dismissing concerns surrounding pedophilia

This is seriously just insane. This person made a reasonable statement.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Legit question but what do you guys think of idea of wishing/hoping/praying for someone you dislike because of politics.

Like people praying that Trump dies or something.

I didn’t think she/he was the worst ...there was the odd outburst and massacre with the banhammer but I think the remaining team has been having a competition to see who can ban the most people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom