• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fake

Its that you GHG GHG ? That pc guy I used to talk there?
I used to create thread about Windows 10 problems.
If so a warm welcome back sir. Glad you're here. Hope Durante can back as well.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
I originally tried to avoid that Avengers thread but fuck it, you can see Resetera rear their ugly anti-white heads with mods defending it.

AarMfYx.png

Why is it ok to attack white people like this? Adding white people = no creativity?

8Dtb9Rf.png

You hear that? Developers who don't force diversity into their games just aren't smart. It's a dogwhistle. 🤷‍♂️

Christ, I can't stand what the SJW left has done to Western civilization. Ironically, all this push for diversity and multiculturalism has made society more and more hateful for one another.

There is zero cohesion. With multiculturalism, you will always have one group demanding more because humans will never settle for equality.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
I originally tried to avoid that Avengers thread but fuck it, you can see Resetera rear their ugly anti-white heads with mods defending it.

AarMfYx.png

Why is it ok to attack white people like this? Adding white people = no creativity?

8Dtb9Rf.png

You hear that? Developers who don't force diversity into their games just aren't smart. It's a dogwhistle. 🤷‍♂️

Christ, I can't stand what the SJW left has done to Western civilization. Ironically, all this push for diversity and multiculturalism has made society more and more hateful for one another.

There is zero cohesion. With multiculturalism, you will always have one group demanding more because humans will never settle for equality.

Narcissists. If it’s not all about them, it’s bad and wrong and evil and must be changed.

JordanN

Banned
We got ourselves the worst ban of 2019.

Defending white people is now punishable.

b1gdVDP.png

Yeah, I'm going to need to take a break again.

The constant anti-white racism that Resetera's moderation defends is making me feel really uncomfortable right now. I need some fresh air.

Papa

Banned

Post 208. Being happy about more physical games in an alleged video game discussion forum is now trolling and bannable.

Hahaha Wulfric loves to drop in to GAF for a condescending sneer at the unwashed wrongthinkers on occasion. I guess we’re due for a visit.

HUELEN10

God, I hope Limited Run never apologizes to anyone again. It’s not like they even MAKE games, merely print and publish them. Don’t ever kneel to people that don’t want an apology and just want to be mad. Keep doing you, which is being awesome to people that want to hold something in their hands.

The only thing that keeps me from buying Limited Run games is lack of titles I am personally interested in, which is frankly the only reason that should be preventing anyone from buying anything obviously. I am thrilled this changes soon with the release of Freedom Planet.

Less than 10 days until pre-orders go live!

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
2lz0hVR.png

Imagine if instead of sitting behind the computer and whining about video games all day, how about they actually make their own instead?

But wait, I already know the answer. That would actually require "effort".

Last edited:

HUELEN10

Representation matters, and if it matters that much to you and you are not seeing your representation in media, either vote with your wallet and don’t buy it, or spread the word and represent yourself or make your own project. This beautiful world is filled with people, no 2 are alike, so of course some representation will be less popular than others.

Fuck, I’m a queer person, and an American, and a Jew who isn’t involved with the Democrats. You think I’m getting much representation? Hell no, but that’s okay. There’s other parts of me that ARE well represented in media that I love relating with because most people aren’t defined by a single thing, so they can partake in relating with similarities rather than moping at differences.

In other words, some of the Era crowd is just too into self-segregation, making themselves victims, and not doing anything to make a situation or case for good representation. Instead, they want to stay mad.

tkscz

2lz0hVR.png

Imagine if instead of sitting behind the computer and whining about video games all day, how about they actually make their own instead?

The actually always say "but people bitch about the games that someone made/that we made" but it's usually because the game is bad, the gameplay is non-sense and it revolved heavily around their ideals and little on actually being a good game.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
lol you waited 22 movies to get 1 movie with a black lead and 1 movie with a female.

meanwhile they will continue to censor the same elements from their films to appease China. this is fine because some very cherry picked elements "trigger MRAs" so it's worth it. ironically SJWs are subsidizing China's/Marvel's soft bigotry. when they replaced The Falcon with another actor, you liked it, cos they wore a woke t-shirt on SNL. when Captain American became black, they pushed him off to streaming, which you happily ate up. when the only African American in Black Panther ended up being the main villain, you told people to just let people enjoy things. you don't care about representation, just brand loyalty.

but yes keep giving them your money. to fight the manchildren. you know, the people who endlessly complain about comic movies. but not the same way you are doing here, no! /s

Last edited:
S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
2lz0hVR.png

It's sad to see once reasonable and valued members of GAF become idiots at that place.
And that tag implies no consent was given for her actions. She should be ashamed!

GHG

Gold Member
Its that you GHG GHG ? That pc guy I used to talk there?
I used to create thread about Windows 10 problems.
If so a warm welcome back sir. Glad you're here. Hope Durante can back as well.

It's been a while but yes. I see there are quite a few of the old guard came back and are still posting here.

I think it's unlikely Durante will come back here, he's gone to Meta Council along with a large contingent of the old SteamGAF crew.

That's the funny thing about all of this, there are a lot of people gradually leaving that place for various reasons and it's mostly the older heads who were here in its hayday before it became hip and cool to be judgemental and "woke" on the Internet.

I won't be as active as I once was as I've made a conscious personal decision to dial down my activity on forums but I'll be around from time to time just to see what's going on in the crazy world of gaming. I post on gaming forums to blow off steam and chat shit with like minded people, not obsess over how many non-White people there are on screen in a video game at any particular point in time or whether the female characters are fully covered up or not. It's all fictional FFS.

I deal with enough real shit on a day to day basis, I don't feel the need to walk on egg shells and stress myself out during down time while browsing a forum centered around videogames.

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
It's been a while but yes. I see there are quite a few of the old guard came back and are still posting here.

I think it's unlikely Durante will come back here, he's gone to Meta Council along with a large contingent of the old SteamGAF crew.

That's the funny thing about all of this, there are a lot of people gradually leaving that place for various reasons and it's mostly the older heads who were here in its hayday before it became hip and cool to be judgemental and "woke" on the Internet.

I won't be as active as I once was as I've made a conscious personal decision to dial down my activity on forums but I'll be around from time to time just to see what's going on in the crazy world of gaming. I post on gaming forums to blow off steam and chat shit with like minded people, not obsess over how many non-White people there are on screen in a video game at any particular point in time or whether the female characters are fully covered up or not. It's all fictional FFS.

I deal with enough real shit on a day to day basis, I don't feel the need to walk on egg shells and stress myself out during down time while browsing a forum centered around videogames.
Welcome back!

We have plenty of threads you can (and should!) post in to share your shit/poo experiences.
The more shit talk, the merrier :)

nush

Gold Member
Witness Era becoming even more insane.
D8yNHJTXUAMjGHA.jpg:large

It's not uncommon for one or another poster to be occasionally banned in this videogaming forum for talking about videogames, but now they're being banned in hordes. Three in the same day in the same thread.
This E3 is a wake up call that they have not changed shit in 2 years and are not as influential as they think they are. The rage banning is the result.

tkscz

It's not uncommon for one or another poster to be occasionally banned in this videogaming forum for talking about videogames, but now they're being banned in hordes. Three in the same day in the same thread.

ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS!? How far up their own asses are these people? For fuck's sake, "You're banned because you aren't angry at LRG and are posting like a normal thinking person and not a cowardly introvert who needs to feel angry at everything ever". Dear god, how do they go through life like this?

Reactions: HMM

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Holy shit....

That first reply.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS!? How far up their own asses are these people? For fuck's sake, "You're banned because you aren't angry at LRG and are posting like a normal thinking person and not a cowardly introvert who needs to feel angry at everything ever". Dear god, how do they go through life like this?

Much like Bish's stealth bans here back in '16 for not being "outraged enough" by the election result, it's thought policing taken to the extreme. Acting normal is grounds for a ban.

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Holy shit....

That first reply.

Holy shit that thread. Everyone's getting banned :messenger_tears_of_joy:.

Don't let E3 end, the circus is in overdrive.

Also I love how they feel the need to lock threads to "review" them. Basically shut down any discussion, don't allow people to elaborate their feelings or have debates, just ban anyone who might have said something that falls on the "wrong" end of their version of the spectrum.

The last time I got banned there (which was incidentally the last time I was logged in) I was actually going to apologise for something I'd previously said in the thread because I got it wrong but nope, thread locked for review and the ban ensued. Just wonderful.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR

Post 208. Being happy about more physical games in an alleged video game discussion forum is now trolling and bannable.
This is really sad because I love LRG and I'd hate to see them affected in any way by the crazies at REEEEEE.

tkscz

Someone is aware that gaf is a better place to talk about videogames.

No wonder the thread got closed.

This is simply mind boggling. There cannot be fun in their lives. Everything must be problematic. Everything must be imperfect. To dig so deep to find problems that don't exist is just asinine.

I really do hope DoomGuy gets into Smash (thus far the rumors for who is getting in has been correct) so I can watch them bitch about how he is toxic masculinity or some bullshit like that.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Why is Limited Run Games posting in that shithole anyway?

The nerds who are interested in indie #3352 getting a physical version will know exactly when its announced and how to buy it. No need to do community outreach on resetera. Or any forum for that matter.

Last edited:

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
Holy shit that thread. Everyone's getting banned :messenger_tears_of_joy:.
22 bans in a 3-page thread. TWENTY TWO.

The thread's creator also really hates Era now. Is it because of how crazy that site is becoming? Let's check out what they say and the following replies:
Nope. They hate era because it's filled with gamers that want to talk about E3 news instead of finding a reason to be offended. :messenger_face_screaming:

Somehow, though this line of thinking, this particular group managed to reach the same conclusion that everyone else on the internet already did: ResetEra is not that different from old pre-split gaf, sometimes even worse. Except with a suble difference. The problem, according with them, is that it's filled with gamers. :messenger_loudly_crying:

The plot thickens. Era is ever closer to finding self-awareness, but a distorted sense of awareness that never betrays their love for playing the victim card. 'We realize now that our site sucks, but only because everyone else here sucks except us!' Will they survive the next chapter after this Very Dramatic Revelation?

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR

Uhh, let me venture at least one guess: nerd culture tends to be a repository for people who are unpopular, socially ostracized, and feel unwelcome elsewhere. Pretty much as a rule, if you enjoy [nerd thing], you are welcome to participate in [nerd thing community].

Could the unpopularity (in terms of public image) and social ostracization of right wingers have anything to do with them fleeing to smaller, friendlier, less-political communities?

giphy.gif

Uhh, let me venture at least one guess: nerd culture tends to be a repository for people who are unpopular, socially ostracized, and feel unwelcome elsewhere. Pretty much as a rule, if you enjoy [nerd thing], you are welcome to participate in [nerd thing community].

Could the unpopularity (in terms of public image) and social ostracization of right wingers have anything to do with them fleeing to smaller, friendlier, less-political communities?

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Barnabot

giphy.gif
tmrTcmc.gif

Ribi

Unfortunately, by and large, we instead saw a dogpile of mockery, ridicule, and hostility. This is unacceptable and has always been a violation of our posting guidelines. Nobody was forced to post in this thread, especially not with personal attacks on the OP. Members of all backgrounds and identities should be able to engage in good faith without being met by this kind of vitriol.

thats.. the entire website, like what? That happens in every thread there. They really are just that far up their own ass

Saber

Gold Member

It's aways good to talk about games in a gaming forum and be punished by that.

I guess they're proud of that. Of living in their mediocre little world where everyone is their enemy, even themselves. Step out of internet and go check yourselves with a doctor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom