• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordanN

Banned
Once again, Resetera can be full of weird surprises.

P74wZua.png

It's like there's a little bit of Neogaf DNA still left inside each Reset user that actively wants to rebel, but the Reset mods do their best to suppress it.

In fact, that's what just happened.
EV7bmGL.png

Once again, Reset's moderation are full of hypocrites. So "cunt" in a thread title is offensive, but calling the President of the U.S a "fuckface" is not?

q1KJLw3.png

GHG

Gold Member

It's only been reopened a short period of time but the dogpiles and banning have already begun. At this point it's better to say they don't want a discussion about anything. May as well update the TOS with a list of exactly how people need to feel and what they need to post in order to be able to participate on the site.

One thing I've noticed regarding it being pride month... What the fuck is up with some of these people throwing tantrums saying things along the lines of "I can't believe you're behaving like this during pride month". Imagine me saying something like "I can't believe you're being racist towards me during black history month of all times" during October. Like what, they think that because its pride month everyone, even those who don't give a shit, are suddenly going to alter their behaviours towards the LGBT community? Sorry, but it doesn't work like that, we don't live in a utopia.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

You'd think the fact that Cyberpunk 2077 has some sort of trans representation would make the asylum rejoice, but they're not represented in the exact way they want so it's obviously no good. Yikes...

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Sorry, but I need to bring this here. From:

So, how long until they made a thread about that?

It's only been reopened a short period of time but the dogpiles and banning have already begun. At this point it's better to say they don't want a discussion about anything. May as well update the TOS with a list of exactly how people need to feel and what they need to post in order to be able to participate on the site.

One thing I've noticed regarding it being pride month... What the fuck is up with some of these people throwing tantrums saying things along the lines of "I can't believe you're behaving like this during pride month". Imagine me saying something like "I can't believe you're being racist towards me during black history month of all times" during October. Like what, they think that because its pride month everyone, even those who don't give a shit, are suddenly going to alter their behaviours towards the LGBT community? Sorry, but it doesn't work like that, we don't live in a utopia.
I'd be surprised to see any site update their TOS to say "Hey you can have one opinion determined by the Staff. If you are not willing to repeat it you better stay silent."

All in all, the entire "we want to give marginalized groups a platform, ability to voice their opinions" is a lie. It was here. And thats not because the majority of Old GAF was white. It's because you will ban any member (even the marginalized group members) if they don't repeat what the group wants.

Something said here was "People of Color get to decide" when the topic was a PoC issue. But if/when a PoC said something in disagreement with the group, their opinion/decision isn't just not relevant, its a bannable offense. So at minimum, PoC don't get to decide... certain PoC get to decide. And thats assuming the one(s) who are deciding what is the right opinion (lol) are even PoC. It is a majority white community. Either its top PoC member deciding or its a non member of that marginalized group deciding for that group.

"We want to give PoC a platform... assuming that Person of Color repeats what we white progressives want them to".

Hopefully that makes sense.

Saruhashi

Banned

This is great. :)

It's like one of those kids who thinks he's free to act like an annoying little cunt because it's his birthday and who then throws a tantrum when he gets scolded on his special day.

It's "Pride Month" not "Role Play As Joffrey Baratheon Month". FFS.

It's our pride month and we'll ban who we want to, ban who we want to, ban who we want to,
You'll get banned too, you're not L. G. B. Q.

Oh my god I left out the "T",
Damn this bias of mine.
User Banned Permanent,
Over here that's a crime.

It's our pride month and we'll ban who we want to, ban who we want to, ban who we want to,
We will ban you, if you say something too.

Have you heard about Super Smash Bros?
That game is now homophobic.
Seriously on our special month?
They're worse than THQ Nordic.

Look at this screenshot from Cyberpunk.
I think that's a giant dong.
Yikes, yikes, oh my god yikes.
If you like it, you're wrong.

Last edited:

crowbrow

Banned
I'd be surprised to see any site update their TOS to say "Hey you can have one opinion determined by the Staff. If you are not willing to repeat it you better stay silent."

All in all, the entire "we want to give marginalized groups a platform, ability to voice their opinions" is a lie. It was here. And thats not because the majority of Old GAF was white. It's because you will ban any member (even the marginalized group members) if they don't repeat what the group wants.

Something said here was "People of Color get to decide" when the topic was a PoC issue. But if/when a PoC said something in disagreement with the group, their opinion/decision isn't just not relevant, its a bannable offense. So at minimum, PoC don't get to decide... certain PoC get to decide. And thats assuming the one(s) who are deciding what is the right opinion (lol) are even PoC. It is a majority white community. Either its top PoC member deciding or its a non member of that marginalized group deciding for that group.

"We want to give PoC a platform... assuming that Person of Color repeats what we white progressives want them to".

Hopefully that makes sense.
I've noticed the same hypocrisy in the SJW community with the "believe women" and the "women should decide over their own bodies" mantras. Once a woman makes a decision or has an opinion that goes against their hive mind they suddenly don't believe them or think they are capable of deciding for themselves. Suddenly they're brainwashed by the patriarchy. These people are not in favor of diversity, they are in favor on monolithic thought. The scary shit is that so many are white people pretending to speak for minorities to earn popularity points. No wonder they cant even stand themselves.

I've noticed the same hypocrisy in the SJW community with the "believe women" and the "women should decide over their own bodies" mantras. Once a woman makes a decision or has an opinion that goes against their hive mind they suddenly don't believe them or think they are capable of deciding for themselves. Suddenly they're brainwashed by the patriarchy. These people are not in favor of diversity, they are in favor on monolithic thought. The scary shit is that so many are white people pretending to speak for minorities to earn popularity points. No wonder they cant even stand themselves.
It certainly makes you wonder what the currency is. How the right women's opinion is determined (again assuming its even women who determine it).

Is it Overall Post Count - Activity in Social Issues threads x Outrage intensity =

Obviously being a bit silly but the point is there has to be some determining factor or currency. And it can't be simply membership to that marginalized group. Otherwise you can't get the woke consistency.

tkscz

What a shithole.

xWILrhZ.png

Good lord the mods there can kiss the blackest part of my chocolate ass with their reasoning for bans.

Let's be honest here, the majority of them from the list above are just "You aren't going along with the narrative and thought for yourself, I'm going to band you and use bullshit reasoning to do it. That will teach you to not think exactly like everyone else does."

Again, ResetEra is a facebook group, not a forum.

Clarissa

Banned
Couple of questions

1) Where did Yikes originate from? What does it really mean. What kind of people say yikes.

I'm asking this cuz i have an ex classmate who's been posting woke posts and recently he's been replying yikes on his Facebook comments.

2) Did portbegging originate on resetera? And did the Nintendo Switch fans start the trend of portbegging?

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Couple of questions

1) Where did Yikes originate from? What does it really mean. What kind of people say yikes.

I'm asking this cuz i have an ex classmate who's been posting woke posts and recently he's been replying yikes on his Facebook comments.

2) Did portbegging originate on resetera? And did the switch start the trend of portbegging?
To help you with 1), please refer to this diagram:

1*OEdNI51RpBETnhT9mktOEA.jpeg

(Yikes is just another kneejerk word used by an ever-shrinking cult of ideologues who believe that expressing emotional dissatisfaction with someone else's behavior is something to be treated with importance)

Port-begging and bans for port-begging was definitely on GAF before the REEExodus.

crowbrow

Banned
Couple of questions

2) Did portbegging originate on resetera? And did the Nintendo Switch fans start the trend of portbegging?
Show your friend this video

NickFire

Hmmmm. So Palpatine spent the first 1/2 of his life (give or take) causing different factions to fight each other so he could swoop in and take over everything by stamping out the war. Then you post a side angle of Palpatine that shows he has sideburns like you do in your avatar pic. And you also run a board where people bicker endlessly about their loyalties to 3 different console manufactures.

Let me guess - a NeoGaf console is coming out in 2020?

DonF

I just imagine a group of guys with very heavy polish accent (still talking in english because lol) discussing all of this shit

guy 1: the accuse us of hating chicks with dicks but we dont hate chicks with dick
guy 2: no!
guy 1: we love chicks with dicks!
guy 2: we do?
guy 1: i mean ...you know!

Saber

Gold Member
Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Round 2 begins:

The couple of replies there are normal. Let's see if the few lunatics show up.

Last edited:

crowbrow

Banned
Round 2 begins:

The couple of replies there are normal. Let's see if the few lunatics show up.
There's already one "yikes" and a "gaming journalist" feeling outraged (probably is going to write about it in Polygon).

Last edited:

Traianvs

Man, that is some kind of laundry list of bans.

I guess, the good news is that actual decision makers in the industry could not give a shit less about Resetera's take on.... well, anything. I sure as shit don't.
I really hope so. When I see developers asking for forgiveness to people like that a part of my heart shrinks.
I'm not talking about stinkles from 343 studios. He's beyond salvation

Ribi

I feel like the first page is just drive by posting a normal response before the crazies post. I expect the crazies to overtake that thread real fast

crowbrow

Banned
I feel like the first page is just drive by posting a normal response before the crazies post. I expect the crazies to overtake that thread real fast
Oh a mod already stepped in setting up the crazy tone for the rest of the thread: people can accept the sexualized ad on the game BUT they need to find it offensive, if you like it because of another reason you will be banned.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Reee should just get it over with and add Cyberpunk 2077 to their 'banned games' list and anything by CDPR or THQ to their 'banned developers' list.

Anything less is cowardice. The ideologues are trying to play power games at this point, but there's 0% chance they are engaging in good faith with these developers. Say what you really mean, REEEE.

But cowards never say what they really mean.

They are like a group of children who discovered that a beneficial tool of learning and inspection could be tilted just so in the sunlight to burn the insects at their feet. Or a group of children stranded on a deserted tropical island during a wartime evacuation. Man, that would make a good anime...

Last edited:

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
They are like a group of children who discovered that a beneficial tool of learning and inspection could be tilted just so in the sunlight to burn the insects at their feet. Or a group of children stranded on a deserted tropical island during a wartime evacuation. Man, that would make a good anime...
They made that, but with a spaceship

Infinite Ryvius

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I'd say it is underrated. It's basically lord of the flies in space. Some of the plot decisions later on irritated me but overall I liked it a lot for what it was.
I am always open-minded to good anime but my positive attitude does not overcome my laziness to go and look for them. Thank you very much. I'll give it a watch.

PSlayer

So CD project Red is on the verge of being "soft-blacklisted" like THQ on era. If this keeps going,there won't be a single game that people will be able to discuss without constant thread derailing. Atlus is on probation already.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
There is a thread about the response, all the replies at like “ok that sounds reasonable” then the first one hits with a butthurt wall of text, big surprise that comment is from a verified “freelance games journalist”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom