• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makkura

Banned
I see people are attacking Jordan now hmmmmmm🤔 If you don't like what he’s doing or if it’s actually annoying you, there’s an add to ignore feature.
I'm not at least. I'm more of concerned for his well being and he was getting very odd there and emotional.

Makkura

Banned
lol no he wasn’t. Who the fuck are you?
Dude was going on a vigorous tangent of how people are defending criminals and how this is a blight on white people and racist to white people and how we should all flag up and take this down immediately.

It's absurd.

Saber

Gold Member
This may be a bit off-topic, but it is genuinely upsetting to hear about Etika's condition. I give not only to him my condolences, but also to his family from me. I really hope he's alright.

However, I am also genuinely a bit surprised that peoples even called the mod out for what he said, not ignoring him or anything like that. First the Pedophilia thing, and now this. I guess they're starting to have some empathy for once, even if just a shard of it, despite how they act.

Most of people who are still calling out the mod for what he did are now being banned.

Wonder how long this will be stay there.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
Quoting myself for the umpteenth time

Just remember, Resetera had a user who had sex with an underage individual. But the person who found it out wasn't called a "mass shooter".

But when I reported that a user is attempting an armed revolution against the U.S government, I was called all sorts of nasty names. And it ALWAYS happens when I'm the first to cover these things.
There is reason to suspect there is an agenda against me.

I'm not sure what my "well being" has to do with covering illegal activities. If you want a thread to talk about people's lives, then go create one. But this one isn't it.

Last edited:

dream

I think Jordan’s cause is just, but his post about the Ree sending sleeper agents and poisoning his water or whatever the fuck is a little, well, whatever the fuck.

Saruhashi

Banned
I think Jordan’s cause is just, but his post about the Ree sending sleeper agents and poisoning his water or whatever the fuck is a little, well, whatever the fuck.

I also appreciate posts from JordanN JordanN and strongly believe that, since the gaming industry apparently listens to ResetEra and they seem to have some connection to a lot of gaming media outlets, keeping an eye on them is valuable.

You don't think it's at least a little odd that M Makkura only has 7 posts here and all of them are related to ResetEra?
It's not weird that of those 7 posts 5 are about JordanN and are not about the content of his posts but rather are attacks on his character?

That's fucking weird.

Then when you finally do decide to post, over 2 years later, it's to go after one particular user?

What's the story there M Makkura ?
You say nothing for fucking YEARS only to come out of the woodwork to say "You've got some issues" to a particular poster.
Why?

Clarissa

Banned
Really trying hard to find a reason to get upset

#Phonepunk#

Banned

Lol u find these videos problematic? They want to be narcs so bad they are completely oblivious to it. An authoritarian in the making here

This has to be the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen on that site

Last edited:

Ol'Scratch

Lol u find these videos problematic? They want to be narcs so bad they are completely oblivious to it. An authoritarian in the making here

This has to be the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen on that site

It really feels sometimes as if they believe there is some achievement system for being the first to post the next great injustice

Papa

Banned

To be fair, most of the comments are refuting the OP. We should judge the overall forum not on the content of any particular OP but on the general response.

Nester99

It really feels sometimes as if they believe there is some achievement system for being the first to post the next great injustice

Oh but thier is an achievement system.

Twitter likes and quote notifications for full on virtue signaling.

The hypocrisy is hilarious and entertaining but also frightening.

pimentel1

Banned
A youtuber committed suicide after a reset mod posted basically, “go on.” ! This is fucking horrible! I feel so sorry for the youtubers family. Seriously, fuck resetera. Has the mod been banned yet?

Punished Miku

Gold Member
A youtuber committed suicide after a reset mod posted basically, “go on.” ! This is fucking horrible! I feel so sorry for the youtubers family. Seriously, fuck resetera. Has the mod been banned yet?
I'm late to this story too.

Anyone have a brief summary of the timeline for me with some links?

So I assume he did something to make them call him a bigot? I don't know what. And then they egged him on in some threads, including a mod? And then he killed himself. Literally bullied into suicide.

Yeah, I'd like to read about it. And frankly, I think anyone who wants to spread this story to youtubers and journalists would stick another knife in REEEE's reputation.

EDIT: Yeah, found it. They edited it of course.

I guess he says "homophobic and bigoted" stuff on streams. Never heard of the guy before today.

Last edited:

Ol'Scratch

The way that the mods and admins have circled the wagons with this Etika thing is honestly a trainwreck that you would think would open some eyes. I was happy to see many calling it out but of course they got banned. And obviously if anyone else had done what Beef did they would have been gone like a fart in the wind with no second thought. I do not particularly have a beef with...uh Beef, he was a part of old Wrasslegaf and there were some good days there before everything went to hell but the mods and admins who are locking everything and trying to pull out the big broom to make it all disappear are seriously exposed for the hypocritical shits that they are.

Ol'Scratch

A dude is dead because of resetera and their users are just going to shrug their shoulders.
Hold on there. Facts. Nobody knows if he is dead, there is no body. He could very well be hiding thinking that this will be the best prank ever (not understanding how massive it would backfire).
That is not what this is about. Tossing around non facts like that just undermines the message.
This is about callous disregard for the possibility me may commit suicide as well as the cover up and hypocrisy.

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
The way that the mods and admins have circled the wagons with this Etika thing is honestly a trainwreck that you would think would open some eyes. I was happy to see many calling it out but of course they got banned. And obviously if anyone else had done what Beef did they would have been gone like a fart in the wind with no second thought. I do not particularly have a beef with...uh Beef, he was a part of old Wrasslegaf and there were some good days there before everything went to hell but the mods and admins who are locking everything and trying to pull out the big broom to make it all disappear are seriously exposed for the hypocritical shits that they are.
They did the same think with the pedo allegations two weeks ago too.

Generally suicides from bridge jumps are not usually found for weeks or at all

Anyway you spin this it’s a bad look but I can pretty much guarantee ree will do it’s usual cover up bullshit and sweep it under the rug

Edit
Just read that tweet...why are people clambering for a left leaning gaming forum?? There’s a reason why this place has a seperate political area and that’s because gaming and political shit should never be together and just because someone doesn’t agree with left views doesn’t mean they are right leaning either

Last edited:

Ol'Scratch

Generally suicides from bridge jumps are not usually found for weeks or at all

Anyway you spin this it’s a bad look but I can pretty much guarantee ree will do it’s usual cover up bullshit and sweep it under the rug
I agree fully. I am just playing....um...my own advocate and saying that facts are what will put the nail in the coffin for ERA. There are plenty of damning facts already and things will continue to trickle out. The happenings of the past weeks are not something that can be put back in the box.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
- Over emotional gamer looking for attention
- Reeeeeee mod doesn't give a shit
- Possibility gamer killed themselves or is pranking the forum (either way, both acts of attention seeking)
- People reacting and waiting for the results of what really happened

That's social media for ya.

JordanN

Banned
So I'm going to try again and post some stuff I found on Resetera. And please this time, I hope we don't have 5 users running into this thread screaming for me to stop.

Here is something I was reading yesterday,

2Tu3ivg.png

Keywords: "Climate Refugees" "majority black and brown people"

But that's not all. Here is another post I found dating back from December 2017.

NWojDOZ.png

"Responsible for the millions of climate refugees"

But it's still not over. Here is another post 1 year later.

1Z3siuJ.png

"We need to get comfortable with immigration"

Anyone starting to see a pattern? By the way, I was once again, the first person on the scene to call this nonsense out.

Hypocrites celebrating Canada's increasing immigration targets
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cb...igration-admissions-to-350-000-by-2021.78300/

This post in particular is very agitating

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cb...to-350-000-by-2021.78300/page-3#post-14474025

Someone needs to start redpilling the left how do they plan on ending climate change when they want to bring every person from Africa and Asia to Canada, who will continue to stress our infrastructure, while at the same time, they also continue to push for more carbon taxes.

It's a future where many Canadians are going to be taxed to death and I don't want that.

Call it a hunch, but I recognize the danger that you cannot support climate change and unlimited immigration at the same time.

The SJW's however, are much more sneakier than this. They are using the agenda of race to push infinite immigration while disregarding the huge environmental impact this will have on our planet.

LGE2IQ2.png

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
So I'm going to try again and post some stuff I found on Resetera. And please this time, I hope we don't have 5 users running into this thread screaming for me to stop.

Here is something I was reading yesterday,

2Tu3ivg.png

Keywords: "Climate Refugees" "majority black and brown people"

But that's not all. Here is another post I found dating back from December 2017.

NWojDOZ.png

"Responsible for the millions of climate refugees"

But it's still not over. Here is another post 1 year later.

1Z3siuJ.png

Anyone starting to see a pattern? By the way, I was once again, the first person on the scene to call this nonsense out.

Call it a hunch, but I recognize the danger that you cannot support climate change and unlimited immigration at the same time.

The SJW's however, are much more sneakier than this. They are using the agenda of race to push infinite immigration while disregarding the huge environmental impact this will have on our planet.

HbqTUIZ.png
It seems very straight forward to me. Climate change is real. Hopefully we can agree on that since the military and every government agency has emergency contingency plans in place for the upcoming disasters.

Those upcoming disasters will disproportionately hit large sections of the third world. That's just where the luck of the draw is currently impacting people in terms of climate. Also, I think we can agree that climate change is heavily caused by the first world nations. Some are taking large steps to reduce their carbon footprint, while other rapidly developing nations like China and Brazil will continue to heavily pollute as they advance as nations, but of course the richest nations have polluted a lot. Just the rate of meat eating in the US, if the rest of the world ate at the rate we do, would doom climate for everyone.

As climate ruins certain areas of the planet, people will immigrate. And they will do it in a much more urgent and radical way than anything you see currently. If people don't have access to water and farm land, they are moving immediately.

This doesn't even seem political. This just seems like an accurate assessment of what's coming.

Hell, even if you think California will be underwater in 100 years, that alone would create a massive immigration issue.

JordanN

Banned
It seems very straight forward to me. Climate change is real. Hopefully we can agree on that since the military and every government agency has emergency contingency plans in place for the upcoming disasters.

Those upcoming disasters will disproportionately hit large sections of the third world. That's just where the luck of the draw is currently impacting people in terms of climate. Also, I think we can agree that climate change is heavily caused by the first world nations. Some are taking large steps to reduce their carbon footprint, while other rapidly developing nations like China and Brazil will continue to heavily pollute as they advance as nations, but of course the richest nations have polluted a lot. Just the rate of meat eating in the US, if the rest of the world ate at the rate we do, would doom climate for everyone.

As climate ruins certain areas of the planet, people will immigrate. And they will do it in a much more urgent and radical way than anything you see currently. If people don't have access to water and farm land, they are moving immediately.

This doesn't even seem political. This just seems like an accurate assessment of what's coming.

Hell, even if you think California will be underwater in 100 years, that alone would create a massive immigration issue.
How do you think we're going to be "comfortable" taking in billions of people from around the world?

Once again, the USA and several other western countries consume more energy than anywhere else per capita. A billion people moving to the USA would only accelerate environment demise, not save it.

The solution isn't going to be immigration, it's developing strategies to keep people where they are.

Countries like Australia or Israel are good examples to look to. Had they never been settled, people would have thought they were just barren wastelands that couldn't support life. Instead, the people that do live there manage to transform the area to be habitable.

Also, we haven't actually hit climate disaster yet but SJW's are still pushing for unlimited immigration to higher polluting countries. Ironically, the problems they worry about happening in the 3rd world is being accelerated by them constantly taking them into our countries.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
How do you think we're going to be "comfortable" taking in billions of people from around the world?

Once again, the USA and several other western countries consume more energy than anywhere else per capita. A billion people moving to the USA would only accelerate environment demise, not save it.

The solution isn't going to be immigration, it's developing strategies to keep people where they are.

Countries like Australia or Israel are good examples to look to. Had they never been settled, people would have thought they were just barren wastelands that couldn't support life. Instead, the people that do live there manage to transform the area to be habitable.

Also, we haven't actually hit climate disaster yet but SJW's are still pushing for unlimited immigration to higher polluting countries. Ironically, the problems they worry about happening in the 3rd world is being accelerated by them constantly taking them into our countries.
No one is going to be comfortable. It's going to be a complete disaster.

This is why some people have attempted to say climate change is a big deal, and we should do something about it.

sevoro

I don't think they know how much of a burden taking in immigrants is. I don't think they are talking from a political standpoint but rather a purely emotional one.

They're of the view that all human life is valuable and should be preserved. Which in itself runs counterproductive to our current capabilities of dealing with climate change. I prefer to call this naivety more than anything else.

By the way, I skimmed that thread looking for the mod post with Willie. He deleted it.
They always delete anything that will paint them in a bad light. It's almost like they can't own up to their mistakes and let everyone see what they did. Hmm...,

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Taking in immigrants is valuable, but it depends on the situation and the overall skillset and effort the people add.

For example, the US has had tons of immigration waves over the last century. Many of them surely came with nothing. But I don't see the US transforming into a slumlord country where the whole ecosystem got taken down.

The US has such a huge (surely the most) capitalistic and growth oriented economy in the world. What companies and the government have to do is somehow organize themselves to take in and offer incremental jobs to keep them busy. Easier said then done. But I don't think the average immigrant wants to come to the US or Canada or Euro country and just sit there watching TV for the rest of their lives. Some are more skilled than others, so they will gravitate to better jobs, but even the low skilled ones will do jobs to make a living.

I just don't know how to do that, since I'm not a government worker, business owner, or business leader who can mold economies to take in swaths of immigrants.

The US is at record low employment. There's got to be job demand out there, even for lower skilled jobs.

Last edited:

HUELEN10

I made a thread reporting the news about Nintendo's retail stores on gaming side and I didn’t get permabanned by anti-semites! :love:

NeoGAF: 9001
REEEEE: -583635

Seriously, I just heard from an old contact that there were apparently over 12k moderation actions that happened there in the span of one year. :eek: Has anyone kept track of the number of bans currently? A number close to that would not surprise me.

Last edited:

Nester99

A dude is dead because of resetera and their users are just going to shrug their shoulders.

I can’t agree with this. The mod is a useless dickhead but that coment is a far cry from direct encouragement and was not said to the suicidal person themselves.

A thread about a 3rd party is not a conversation with said third party.

Don’t get me wrong, the thread and the mod are way out of line. But it don’t think it’s fair to blame them for the suicide of a clearly troubled person. Suicide is way more complicated than that.

Your Comment seems like an overreaction best left for the folks at restera.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
They always delete anything that will paint them in a bad light. It's almost like they can't own up to their mistakes and let everyone see what they did. Hmm...,
And that mod kept posting afterwards. So where's the mobs of Reeeeeeeeee users calling for that mod to be banned for an insensitive comment? And let's face it, insensitivity towards suicide isn't a funny topic. It's not like Red Sox vs Yankee fans bantering.

Bunch of assholes.

Last edited:
I made a thread reporting the news about Nintendo's retail stores on gaming side and I didn’t get permabanned by anti-semites! :love:

Seriously, I just heard from an old contact that there were apparently over 12k moderation actions that happened there in the span of one year. :eek: Has anyone kept track of the number of bans currently? A number close to that would not surprise me.
They are approaching 9k

Actually they could already be over that as I don’t think the bot Logs the users with duration pending to a time period/permanent

I think we need to send them a cake for happy 10 thousand bans

pimentel1

Banned
I can’t agree with this. The mod is a useless dickhead but that coment is a far cry from direct encouragement and was not said to the suicidal person themselves.

A thread about a 3rd party is not a conversation with said third party.

Don’t get me wrong, the thread and the mod are way out of line. But it don’t think it’s fair to blame them for the suicide of a clearly troubled person. Suicide is way more complicated than that.

Your Comment seems like an overreaction best left for the folks at restera.

When someone is down on their luck or contemplating suicide, you don’t encourage them or tell them to rot in hell because you never know if they’re going to read it! You report it and hope for the best of that user! God damn, the things I shouldn’t have to explain.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
When someone is down on their luck or contemplating suicide, you don’t encourage them or tell them to rot in hell because you never know if they’re going to read it! You report it and hope for the best of that user! God damn, the things I shouldn’t have to explain.
As much I hate that thread and what Beef said, I can't agree with the blame being put in him if Etika has committed suicide.
As morbid as it is to think about, if he's no longer with us then he was mostly likely already gone by the time Beef posted his gif.

Last edited:

Nester99

I get what you are saying, and agree, but how do you know that person even saw the post ? They where not a party to the discussion and did not post in the thread. How do you know they still read era?

You said they caused the suicide, that idiotic and unsubstantiated based what we know. We don’t even know if the man is dead or not.

You can watch all these statistics you're interested in here:

pimentel1

Banned
I get what you are saying, and agree, but how do you know that person even saw the post ? They where not a party to the discussion and did not post in the thread. How do you know they still read era?

You said they caused the suicide, that idiotic and unsubstantiated based what we know. We don’t even know if the man is dead or not.

There fixed. The point stands. you don’t know if he simply googled his name, if he read it— and a whole thread dedicated to him, if it was something else. And you—us— we may never know. So, when someone says they’re contemplating suicide, expect that anything negative could contribute and set him off. Instead of being a hateful little prick, gee maybe the mod should have done his job and reported it. That’s what should have been contributed. Not hate.

No, instead that place is all about punching people, doxxing people, getting people fired, and now, apparently encouraging people to end their own lives. Think ERA!

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

Yeah blaming someone for another individuals alleged suicide is a bit much, at least without concrete evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom