• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnabot

Host them and post them.
You asked for that:

efnCBY8.jpg

KG6Tw0X.jpg

viAYthA.jpg

igZvcg5.jpg

zmL1n13.jpg

OEUNz7s.jpg

KpP9QDX.jpg

ypQiMVZ.jpg

ufKCSyD.jpg

sXNI7he.jpg

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
You asked for that:

efnCBY8.jpg

KG6Tw0X.jpg

viAYthA.jpg

igZvcg5.jpg

zmL1n13.jpg

OEUNz7s.jpg

KpP9QDX.jpg

ypQiMVZ.jpg

ufKCSyD.jpg

sXNI7he.jpg
We need more of this stuff saved here for when the next reetard comes in here as a defence force so we can rub thier nose in it like a dog that's shit on the living room rug*.

*Dont actually do this to a dog that's had an accident in the home, they deserve more respect.

JordanN

Banned
I know Evilore said not to have a politics debate in this thread but can I post this because it is Resetera related?

izp0XUw.png

Now look at what I said a few days ago.

To make a long story short, they can take their asylum claims to actual near by countries. The USA doesn't directly border South America and yet migrants still end up on their soil anyway. That becomes obvious they're gaming the system by refusing to to take asylum in the first country they actually cross.
Once again, I have proof of asylum seekers themselves admitting they walked through several countries but demanded they only get "asylum" in America.

Once again, I am vindicated with evidence EVERY SINGLE TIME. But I'm still called a racist for using facts.

Also, Resetera banned the user for saying Mexico needs to be held responsible. Once again, look at the agenda being pushed that says unlimited immigration cannot be stopped?

DjcHoaE.png

Last edited:

Thabass

Also, Resetera banned the user for saying Mexico needs to be held responsible. Once again, look at the agenda being pushed that says unlimited immigration cannot be stopped?

DjcHoaE.png

How the fuck is it Xenophobic that a country needs to take care of it's citizens? That's exactly what this user posted and he got banned.

I've seen power hungry mods before, but this is straight up abuse of power / censorship. What an awful place to be.

If there's one consolation from Etika's tragic suicide, it's that more and more people are now seeing what a bunch of hypocritical twats the people of ResetEra are.

https://twitter.com/search?q=resetera&src=typd

I've never had it, but I'm sure this is better than sex.

Last edited:
This is incredibly sad and I'm with others....Resetera can be awful. Reading their thread prior to finding out he died was absolutely disgusting. People are human, people make mistakes, people say dumb things in life.....stop casting people aside over being human. When you read jokes about a person potentially dying who's the worse person in that instance?...... disgusting.

#Phonepunk#

Banned

this thread is wall to wall "men are trash, gamers are trash"

yet we must bow our solemn heads in silence for how serious we take mental heatlh, now that a male gamer has killed himself. yes.

then immediately go back to the same old toxic demonizing tactics.

let me say it one more time: fucking hypocrites.

Last edited:

Saruhashi

Banned
How the fuck is it Xenophobic that a country needs to take care of it's citizens? That's exactly what this user posted and he got banned.

I've seen power hungry mods before, but this is straight up abuse of power / censorship. What an awful place to be.

Plus, how is the ban not an instant permanent?

Xenophphobic rhetoric over a series of posts AND victim blaming AND a previous ban for racism?

Yet they try and pretend like you need a review before they decide if it's a permanent ban or not. :)

Yes, if people are fleeing Mexico and risking their own lives to enter the USA then to some extent there has to be blame on the Mexican government.

It must be a tough spot to be in. You see these people utterly desperate to enter the USA. To the point of dying in an effort to get in.
However, you must never EVER acknowledge that the USA must be offering something good OR acknowledge that Mexico might not be the best place to live.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
TyrantGuardian
Yesterday at 8:24 AM
"There will always be a fucking man to talk shit and sexualize women even when a woman is making a joke, right? That's why men are trash."
She's 100% right. Men sure love passing blame around but taking collective responsibility and holding each other accountable? Nah that's generalization mate!

If your first reaction to "men need to stop treating women like shit" is "HEY I DON'T DO THAT SHUT UP WOMAN!!!!!!11" then get the fuck out of here.

TyrantGuardian
Today at 6:37 AM

Dusk Golem said:
The thing is, I think our society and the internet as a whole is moving too quickly towards, "guilty until proven innocent,"
I mean, that is in large part specifically due to society and law enforcement being far too lax on privileged rich people while regular people get systematically oppressed to absurd levels. People are fed up with the system and while they might very well be barking up the wrong tree, at least people are being held accountable to a greater extent. Needless to say, that anger was misguided in Desmond's case which some people correctly identified while others didn't. Tough situation all around :/

quick turnaround from "she's 100% right men are trash" to "the anger was misguided"

otm on the point about how people "sure love passing the blame around", TyrantGauardian making sure the nebulous "some people" get the blame while avoiding "collective responsibility"

then again maybe TyrantGuardian is a man. sounds like it, going by their own criteria.

Last edited:

Saruhashi

Banned

this thread is wall to wall "men are trash, gamers are trash"

yet we must bow our solemn heads in silence for how serious we take mental heatlh, now that a male gamer has killed himself. yes.

then immediately go back to the same old toxic demonizing tactics.

let me say it one more time: fucking hypocrites.

No wonder so many young dudes develop a fucked up mindset.

Trying to have healthy relationships with women while also holding that "men are all trash" is going to leave you unable to relate to good women, who just want a good man and not some sniveling sycophant. On top of that it's going to leave you vulnerable to women who will take advantage of that mindset and drop you once you have outlived your usefulness.

Then when you are fucked up and disillusioned because of that. You'll blame yourself because you are a trash man after all. How dare you want better for yourself.

Throw a feeling that the best way to actually get sympathy, and be redeemed in some sense, is to actually commit suicide and you've got a pretty messed up situation.

What happens to the dudes who do say "we aren't all trash so please quit that shit"? Banned. Shut down. Accused of being "fragile". Somehow.

Depressingly that's the dudes young men probably need to hear more from.

It's bad to be over entitled and think women automatically owe you something. Yes.
It's pretty terrible to be this kind of self-hating, fawning, low-self esteem, SJW, doormat.

For sure The Internet can be a toxic and unhappy place but I think ResetEra takes this too far in the opposite direction by essentially conditioning people that walking on eggshells and grovelling and denigrating ones own immutable characteristics (race, gender, sexuality) is the best way to be.

It seems like an obviously miserable existence to me.

Contrasting with here I would say even seeing the banter between some members can raise a smile and bring a bit of perspective to things.

Seeing people allowed to give their opinions and defend them and being allowed to criticize their "betters" is FAR more helpful that "men are trash and if you disagree you'll be banned".

I don't personally refer to myself as a "Gamer" in general but sincerely believing that "Gamers are trash" while spending so much time playing games and interacting with the gaming community cannot be good for ones mental state.

Ol'Scratch

Luckily, Christianity has written enough fan fictions for you to get a better representation, Satan.
Surprisingly I find Christians to be quite tolerable, tradition should be respected. These modern *cough* "Satanists" now that is another matter. Metaphor indeed. I have some hot steel metaphors waiting for those clown paint wearing dungeons and dragons rejects and their shitty musical tastes....
Back on topic though FUCK ERA!

UnNamed

Banned
They clearly use rethotic and false equivalence terms as a weapon against their enemies since it is evident they don't even know the meaning of these words.
Not only they have problem with their morality, they also have problem with their grammar.

Last edited:

Ol'Scratch

No wonder so many young dudes develop a fucked up mindset.

Trying to have healthy relationships with women while also holding that "men are all trash" is going to leave you unable to relate to good women, who just want a good man and not some sniveling sycophant. On top of that it's going to leave you vulnerable to women who will take advantage of that mindset and drop you once you have outlived your usefulness.

Then when you are fucked up and disillusioned because of that. You'll blame yourself because you are a trash man after all. How dare you want better for yourself.

Throw a feeling that the best way to actually get sympathy, and be redeemed in some sense, is to actually commit suicide and you've got a pretty messed up situation.

What happens to the dudes who do say "we aren't all trash so please quit that shit"? Banned. Shut down. Accused of being "fragile". Somehow.

Depressingly that's the dudes young men probably need to hear more from.

It's bad to be over entitled and think women automatically owe you something. Yes.
It's pretty terrible to be this kind of self-hating, fawning, low-self esteem, SJW, doormat.

For sure The Internet can be a toxic and unhappy place but I think ResetEra takes this too far in the opposite direction by essentially conditioning people that walking on eggshells and grovelling and denigrating ones own immutable characteristics (race, gender, sexuality) is the best way to be.

It seems like an obviously miserable existence to me.

Contrasting with here I would say even seeing the banter between some members can raise a smile and bring a bit of perspective to things.

Seeing people allowed to give their opinions and defend them and being allowed to criticize their "betters" is FAR more helpful that "men are trash and if you disagree you'll be banned".

I don't personally refer to myself as a "Gamer" in general but sincerely believing that "Gamers are trash" while spending so much time playing games and interacting with the gaming community cannot be good for ones mental state.

I have thought of similar lines of thought lately.
Imagine being a young boy these days. Or young girl for that matter.

JordanN

Banned
Resetera celebrates spitting on the President's son (which is technically considered assault)
sqvU7gS.png

The tolerant left everyone!

S25tQuy.png

Fucking disgusting.

Once again,

WHY IS BEING AGAINST UNLIMITED IMMIGRATION ON A LIMITED PLANET BEING MET WITH VIOLENCE AND DEATH THREATS?

I can keep saying this till my face turns blue, but this is the new normal we are going through.

Thabass

Resetera celebrates spitting on the President's son (which is technically considered assault)
sqvU7gS.png

S25tQuy.png

Fucking disgusting.

Once again,

WHY IS BEING AGAINST UNLIMITED IMMIGRATION ON A LIMITED PLANET BEING MET WITH VIOLENCE AND DEATH THREATS?

I can keep saying this till my face turns blue, but this is the new normal we are going through.

Open the borders now.

I have thought of similar lines of thought lately.
Imagine being a young boy these days. Or young girl for that matter.

Small town south or central US. People are still normal.

Parents need to teach their children what is normal and what isn't normal. They need to be brought up in truth. If parents do their job there is no need for, "Imagine being a young boy these days. Or young girl for that matter." because the young boy or girl will see all of the crap going on and realize that it actually is just crap.

The left doesn't claim to be tolerant anymore. Has anyone noticed that? The narrative went from, "We must be tolerant to all" to "Group B needs to be destroyed because they don't agree with Group A."

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
You're full of shit, I read through the first two pages and don't see anyone shitting on him for having mental health problems or making nasty memes at his expense, no different than him making nasty statements at the expense of gay people.

Are you blind or just sticking your head in the sand?

That's edgy. Hope someone sits him down and helps him find his brain.
An asshole Youtuber that acted suicidal for publicity last year.
Why does he gets the benefit of people thinking he has a mental health issue instead of him just being, you know, a racist and a bigot?
The 'could be mentally ill' bullshit to justify racism, homophobia and bigotry is so fucking stupid.

Always fun to go REE fishing and find absolute gems of hypocrisy like this:

ZehMMVE.png

YukiOnna

You're full of shit, I read through the first two pages and don't see anyone shitting on him for having mental health problems or making nasty memes at his expense, no different than him making nasty statements at the expense of gay people.

That being said, RIP Etika. I enjoyed a couple of his E3 reaction streams.
I think you're full of shit. What version of Era are you on?

Problem is, it's always one often going to be one person vs. the world on such matters. The internet police can be a horribly brutal mob and this is why, in rare instances, things like this happen. People don't politely disagree, seeking to educate others about their mistakes, instead they go out with their pitchforks.

I agree, social media made it easy for people with mental issues to display their problems for the whole world, the problem I disagree with here is that he displayed his behavior online and people reacted to his behavior. Killing himself does not vilify the people who responded to his words online.

Words vs someone's life. Was the kid running out curb stomping jews? Was he attending skinhead rallies? I tend to think not. Stupid words. Reee can not accept this notion, and Ree sees no distinction and the same with many who drink the same kool aid. There are words that are stupid moments and gone like a fart in the wind and there are words supported by actions and intent. This is the concept that is ignored and outlawed there because once the sheep start remembering this, remembering that every one of their fuck witted impotent selves have said stupid shit in the heat of a moment and done stupid shit then the big glass tower comes raining down.
It used to be enough to just call someone out for being stupid and then move on, but that is not nearly enough anymore. Make them lose their jobs, make them lose their friends, family and yes in this case their life. Erase them because when they see people as just people who can make mistakes they are forced to remember the secrets in their own closets.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me. Was a tenant of childhood. These days I imagine it is considered to be dismissive of other children's feelings or something like that.

What was the course of action required for his tweets? He talked shit, people replied with shit. I'm not defending the assholes that replied to him to kill himself, my whole point is that what he said was not ok and people calling him out on it are not a mob that pushed him over the edge.

We actually take the time to get to know people here a bit and don’t just make assumptions, label and cancel them over one word.

He had mental issues. He went on a few crazy rants due to that. I didn’t see him do anything negative towards Jews other then a few gibberish rants that probably meant nothing to him. He’s dead now. He doesn’t need any backlash.

I agree that he doesn't need it now, and again, my whole point is that he said words and people responded to them, some were really awful and some were natural responds to those words. Him ending his life doesn't make the people who responded accordingly to his tweets an evil group trying to ruin his life.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I agree, social media made it easy for people with mental issues to display their problems for the whole world, the problem I disagree with here is that he displayed his behavior online and people reacted to his behavior. Killing himself does not vilify the people who responded to his words online.

What was the course of action required for his tweets? He talked shit, people replied with shit. I'm not defending the assholes that replied to him to kill himself, my whole point is that what he said was not ok and people calling him out on it are not a mob that pushed him over the edge.

I agree that he doesn't need it now, and again, my whole point is that he said words and people responded to them, some were really awful and some were natural responds to those words. Him ending his life doesn't make the people who responded accordingly to his tweets an evil group trying to ruin his life.
Another ERA defender.

Hey, simple question: if a mentally-ill person shouted obscenities at you (or in this case, typed them on a 100% optional social media website and did not direct them at you personally at all), would you think it's appropriate to scream back at them and shame them for their particular choice of obscenities, or ignore them?

The problem with this line of thinking is you're still clinging to the (incorrect) belief that "something bad was said on the internet and I need to pick up my pitchfork and make sure it is properly condemned". In the case of Etika, that behavior likely helped push him over the edge, seeing how he apologized for it yet was still attacked.

lock2k

Banned

If the fucking thought police left him alone, he might have still been alive. Why do some people have the need to control and judge what other people say? To feel better with their stupid fucking morals and to feel superior and be praised by that stupid hivemind. They are wrong, period.

Last edited:

Thabass

This does not give you nor anyone else the right to be an asshole back to them. Saying things like "Wow fuck that guy. I don't care if they have mental issues!" or in the case of ResetEra here "Once you're a bigot, you're a bigot for life and you don't get a pass". Fuck that mentality. A forum on the internet is the last place judgement should be placed on to people going through mental issues. I can't believe this is being defended.

I'm not throwing 100% of the blame on ResetEra, but social media as a whole. When he said those things, I never judged him for those things. I may have said "damn, that's fucked up" or something to that effect. But, I never judged his character because I don't know this person in real-life. He made a mistake, a mistake due to his mental stability.

I'd agree if some of those statements made by said group were publicized. We've seen them and archived them. People were wishing he'd go away, some were calling him a bigot. I'd like to think if I was called that (I've never have), I felt really awful afterwards. I believe I'm not a bigot, racist, sexist, what have you...

This is the probably with being an extremeist / black & white personality. There's no room for nuance. The man had mental issues. That's more than enough for me to say: "Well, shit, I feel bad for him now. I hope he gets help.". Not: "Screw this bigot."

Last edited:
bringing this over from another thread

Yet tons of you people suddenly get active here when we have this resetera drama.

Pedo problem and now this problem.

You be you but it still boggles my mind why people actively visit that shithole. After nearly destroying neogaf.

people visit it because it is advertised as a much-needed safe space for gamers who would rather not deal with what is frequently a toxic, misogynistic, and racist gaming community (not just here, but in general).

the problem is that the moderators simply ignore a lot of stuff because it's easier to bury it than to actually moderate it.

my opinion is that, in general, gamers looking to avoid toxic spaces should find smaller, more tightly knit communities that focus on the themes and needs they have. moderation is difficult, sure, but it's also usually incomplete and inconsistent because the people doing the work distribute their attention according to whatever concerns they feel are most worth their time. at Era, it's pretty clear that they would prefer to ignore and/or bury large problems and hand out small bans and meaningless warnings as a token acknowledgments of their "concern for the community."

posters at Era are no better or worse than posters here, on the whole.

sqvU7gS.png

S25tQuy.png

Fucking disgusting.

Once again,

probably because being against unlimited immigration is just code for "put them in concentration camps and treat them worse than the Taliban treated many captured journalists"

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
probably because being against unlimited immigration is just code for "put them in concentration camps and treat them worse than the Taliban treated many captured journalists"
Dogwhistles under every rock. You realize you've been gaslit (and then you turn around and do it to others) by your political talking-heads? It is reasonable to be against something as absurd as unlimited immigration. Privacy and respect of property is the foundation of human civilization.

It's nice to see new users like you showing up to help GAF build its community. Really, you do not come across as bitter or duplicitous at all. You are totally the first person to sign up to tell us about how we are just as bad as everyone else. Thank you for your service to The Internet. One crumb of pussy and thoughts + prayers being send your way immediately.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill

people visit it because it is advertised as a much-needed safe space for gamers who would rather not deal with what is frequently a toxic, misogynistic, and racist gaming community (not just here, but in general).

the problem is that the moderators simply ignore a lot of stuff because it's easier to bury it than to actually moderate it.

my opinion is that, in general, gamers looking to avoid toxic spaces should find smaller, more tightly knit communities that focus on the themes and needs they have. moderation is difficult, sure, but it's also usually incomplete and inconsistent because the people doing the work distribute their attention according to whatever concerns they feel are most worth their time. at Era, it's pretty clear that they would prefer to ignore and/or bury large problems and hand out small bans and meaningless warnings as a token acknowledgments of their "concern for the community."

Here we go again you made 4 posts on neogaf joined last day. How is it these subjects always attract hibernating old accounts and brand new ones? I am not stating your opinion is measured in post counts it's just an observation.

Dogwhistles under every rock. You realize you've been gaslit (and then you turn around and do it to others) by your political talking-heads? It is reasonable to be against something as absurd as unlimited immigration. Privacy and respect of property is the foundation of human civilization.

It's nice to see new users like you showing up to help GAF build its community. Really, you do not come across as bitter or duplicitous at all. You are totally the first person to sign up to tell us about how we are just as bad as everyone else. Thank you for your service to The Internet. One crumb of pussy and thoughts + prayers being send your way immediately.

talk about the pot calling the kettle black...

privacy and respect of property is the foundation of human civilization? LOL

NickFire

In my opinion that place is filled with toxic people, and quite a few racist people as well. I believe a McDonald's ad suggesting they sell power tools would be more accurate advertising than saying that place prohibits toxicity.

Here we go again you made 4 posts on neogaf joined last day. How is it these subjects always attract hibernating old accounts and brand new ones? I am not stating your opinion is measured in post counts it's just an observation.

look at post history: came here initially because someone I know pointed out i was quoted during the Era Etika drama (a friend of mine posts/lurks here). came to clear up a misconception and to point out Era mods made breaking the rules feel like a necessity.

now just posting here and there to feel out whether i want to stick around.

Last edited:

lock2k

Banned

Ok, ok...

"much needed safe space" - Safe spaces are for wimps, seriously. Real men and women like discussions and opposing views. and don't have to be shielded from anything.

"toxic, misogynistic and racist" - fucking lol. my sides hurt.

"posters at Era are no better or worse than posters here" - GTFO with this narrative.

Barnabot

look at post history: came here initially because someone I know pointed out i was quoted during the Era Etika drama (a friend of mine posts/lurks here). came to clear up a misconception and to point out Era mods made breaking the rules feel like a necessity.

now just posting here and there to feel out whether i want to stick around.
And which username are you using there that you've felt an immediate urge to defend ERA yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom