• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
About Cerium....

He's the creator of Resetera, right? But he seemed like an simple user... that doesn't matter. What matters is he's here in NeoGAF as well, though he hasn't logged in to this since the October thing.

I don't want to ping him, so you can search for his name. His name is the same as on Resetera...

Checking through his posts, it seems to be mainly gaming and normal things. He didn't seem like an political person, to be really honest.
I do not quite get what you want to get at but yes, Cerium was a user here, Cerium posted mainly about games, but also about social issues in games (he was very active in the discussions about Yooka and A Hat in Time wrt Jontron's involvement. I did have the impression he is a political person, but if you want to know more about him, it's probably best to ask him?

Michele

you.
I do not quite get what you want to get at but yes, Cerium was a user here, Cerium posted mainly about games, but also about social issues in games (he was very active in the discussions about Yooka and A Hat in Time wrt Jontron's involvement. I did have the impression he is a political person, but if you want to know more about him, it's probably best to ask him?

Sorry I didn't get my point across. But yeah, I was trying to dig into him to see that if there may have been something linked to Resetera. I know that he's a creator there, but there are sometimes deep secrets. that may be hidden.

You know what, nevermind. I think it's better to not dig too much into him.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Sorry I didn't get my point across. But yeah, I was trying to dig into him to see that if there may have been something linked to Resetera. I know that he's a creator there, but there are sometimes deep secrets. that may be hidden.

You know what, nevermind. I think it's better to not dig too much into him.
I don’t know what your end game is, but whatever you are doing, do it in your own time and don’t bring it to GAF. Stick to your regular thread on KiwiFarms.

This stuff shits up the forum.

nush

Gold Member
Checking through his posts, it seems to be mainly gaming and normal things. He didn't seem like an political person, to be really honest.

He's not, it's all about the $$$ from outrage and discrimination culture. Has Ree ever done anything to donate to or support the causes they claim to be founded on? Is he ever active in that community other than word of God statement posts?

He's going to flip that forum as soon as he gets a big enough offer like EviLore EviLore didn't sell out for.

Michele

you.
He's not, it's all about the $$$ from outrage and discrimination culture. Has Ree ever done anything to donate to or support the causes they claim to be founded on? Is he ever active in that community other than word of God statement posts?

He's going to flip that forum as soon as he gets a big enough offer like EviLore EviLore didn't sell out for.

I think you helped me answer my question. In short, I don't think so to both of the statement. Nevermind, then.

Sorry if what I said seemed weird earlier. I was just simply curious if Cerium was a bit similar to those other REEEERA members- you know, not caring, etc. First there was some suspicious of pedo ring, then this Etika thing. I wondered why Cerium didn't seem to take action- I know there are several reasons at that time, such as the reason being that it was just made as a 'play'. But, considering the heavy dog-pill, negative comments, I'd think he would've done something about it, even if just a little. And no, it didn't happen.

I guess I'm just genuinely a bit paranoid, that maybe he is in a similar situation, as those Resetera members. If so, it would put him in a bad light as the director of a forum.

It's bad enough that a mod just had to call Etika out in April, and then pretend like he cared. I think I might've been looking too hard into it, since I only was looking into whenever other mods had a similar behavior to that Professor guy.

Again, I apologize if I made you all a little upset or worried. I'll go take a break now.

Last edited:
Shocked that anyone would hate on someone online who seemed passionate about something.

If he did something wrong then that is on him but he certainly didn't deserve that much hate to kill himself.

Lost my respect for some who flipped out then started caring after his demise. We are all human and should try anf respect each other even if we disagree.

Life is too short to hate on every single thing.

Last edited:

dionysus

Yaldog
Remember how there were users on Neogaf that said "Conservatives just need to reach out to Hispanic voters to win them over?".
About that...

9Ypuad3.png

You can read the entire thread to see the shit show that Reset is going ballistic at Hispanic/Latinos voting conservative.

It is not possible to win elections anymore without having the demographics. This is no longer theory, it is complete FACT.

MWUh6A8.png

ADIIuFi.png

kauu7de.png

PnP4vHs.png

Republicans are going to be completely screwed in the future because they let the SJW's control the racial narrative. The warnings signs are already there, but NOTHING is being done to stop this.

Edit: And oh yeah, they need to fucking hurry up and do something about this fast. The Democrats are about to go all in on race like never before.

OQbuXaO.png

As much as I hate the two party political system, it is the natural counterbalance to the future you are describing. The Democrats are in the process of proving it right now. As you say, if voting trends and demographic trends continue there is no hope for the Republican Party. While the demographic trends are pretty much locked in for at least 20 years, the voting trends will shift and have been shifting. As a parties coalition expands, the competing interests within the party will start trimming the groups with less power. The Democrats used to be the party of ALL unions and the blue collar white worker. This is no longer the case, the Republicans are now getting the votes of private sector manufacturing unions (even if the money still flows to the democrats) and have gained a ton of share of the white working class vote. The Democrats in the last 2 decades have gone out of their way to alienate that vote, even admitting it out loud: coal mining bans, environmental regulations, useless retraining programs for industries they are targetting for offshoring, etc. Democrats have largely lost the white male vote, and now are starting to target white females as the next oppressor they can feed to the various minority groups as red meat for the base. Cooler heads are trying to stop this because they still need all women to favor democrat if they want to win nationwide elections. But locally you can see it playing out. In strong Democrat jurisdictions, where "[a] glass of water with a D next to its name" could win election, the pruning of the party is in full force. Intersectional ideology only makes this worse.

This does not address the Overton Window. By that I mean that I think there will always be a strong Republican party, but its viewpoints will shift with the demographic trends. Republicans are already pretty much the Democrat Party of the 90s. Try to find a fiscally responsible small government conservative these days.

If you're trying to sow division and distrust among the community here, obviously that hasn't worked. This community is stronger than you think.
If I wanted to see that kind of stuff I'd just wait for another accusation to be thrown at a mod or admin here.

I'm not naming anybody because, as I've said before, I'd rather have all the concrete evidence ready beforehand so I don't get people on my ass for making baseless accusations. I have some screenshots, but none of them would solidify everything I'm saying. I'm not being secretive to make you guys suspicious of one another. If you don't know who is who, then you're innocent, I'm not saying anything about you. The person I'm talking about knows who they and their Splatoon-obsessed lolifon friend are, and from what I've seen they've already told their buddy to take some preemptive action. You can accuse me of just being some equally-suspicious troll with an axe to grind, fine by me.

nush

Gold Member

Inspiring is the word of the day.

images

Yoshi

It's bad enough that a mod just had to call Etika out in April, and then pretend like he cared. I think I might've been looking too hard into it, since I only was looking into whenever other mods had a similar behavior to that Professor guy.
Seriously the discussion about Professor Beef is so overblown. Beef was wrong in his assumption that this was another (?) stunt for attention, made a terribly insensitive post and stepped back as a consequence. There is no great conpiracy, just one man who misjudged a situation and posted something insensible because of that. By my conversations with Professor Beef in various Sonic discussions (I never dealt with him in the capcacity of a moderator), he was a nice person and I am sure he regrets what he has said there. Please do not start witch hunts in particular ones based on isolated bad postings. I am sure everyone who is on a message board such as NeoGAF or Resetera over a long period of time will make some postings he is not all too proud of in hindsight.

Seriously the discussion about Professor Beef is so overblown. Beef was wrong in his assumption that this was another (?) stunt for attention, made a terribly insensitive post and stepped back as a consequence. There is no great conpiracy, just one man who misjudged a situation and posted something insensible because of that. By my conversations with Professor Beef in various Sonic discussions (I never dealt with him in the capcacity of a moderator), he was a nice person and I am sure he regrets what he has said there. Please do not start witch hunts in particular ones based on isolated bad postings. I am sure everyone who is on a message board such as NeoGAF or Resetera over a long period of time will make some postings he is not all too proud of in hindsight.
The harsh truth.

Tesseract

Banned

willie hears ya, yoshi

lmimmfn

I think you helped me answer my question. In short, I don't think so to both of the statement. Nevermind, then.

Sorry if what I said seemed weird earlier. I was just simply curious if Cerium was a bit similar to those other REEEERA members- you know, not caring, etc. First there was some suspicious of pedo ring, then this Etika thing. I wondered why Cerium didn't seem to take action- I know there are several reasons at that time, such as the reason being that it was just made as a 'play'. But, considering the heavy dog-pill, negative comments, I'd think he would've done something about it, even if just a little. And no, it didn't happen.

I guess I'm just genuinely a bit paranoid, that maybe he is in a similar situation, as those Resetera members. If so, it would put him in a bad light as the director of a forum.

Again, I apologize if I made you all a little upset or worried. I'll go take a break now.
I don't think you need to apologise at all in any form. Regardless if Cerium is a fine upstanding citizen with a halo, he Is responsible for that cesspool of a place, but I guess if the $$$ keeps rolling in, who cares right?
In hindsight and reading up on bans imposed there and the protectionism of certain outspoken members with absolutely insane views I'm disgusted that I was ever associated with the place, and very much glad my ID data was deleted.
I've never been associated with a hate forum and never will be.

Last edited:

Ol'Scratch

I don't think you need to apologise at all in any form. Regardless if Cerium is a fine upstanding citizen with a halo, he Is responsible for that cesspool of a place, but I guess if the $$$ keeps rolling in, who cares right?
Exactly this. Intentions be damned he created a monster and then made a choice not to put it down.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
You literally just started a witch hunt thread in Politics subforum accusing JordanN of being a racist. And because you failed to reign in your pedantic tic once again, making that thread only "normalized" and "provided a platform for" JordanN to stomp all over your argument and rub your face in it over the course of several pages. This brought even more attention to the ideas you were trying to stomp out.

Your sentiment that we shouldn't start witch hunts is entirely correct. However, you do not follow your own advice, obviously. Telling you to practice what you preach would be too much to ask, because I know that at the core of your ideology, you believe that you are standing up for what is right when you challenge wrongthink. You stated as much when explaining why you wanted to make that JordanN thread.

As usual, though, your Stockholm syndrome requires you to plea for understanding and patience toward your former leash-holders at ERA while scolding NeoGAF board with your arrogant platitudes.

Cerrium certainly is not dumb...he was there to offer a group of people a platform to continue their journey into whatever abyss they are travelling towards ....evilore did not offer them that means

At the end of the day he makes money from it and this group of mods get perceived power....cerium only needs to give that illusion to this group and the whole thing keeps ticking along but the second this thing begins to cost money is the second he’s gonna drop the place

There’s a reason why they have an army of moderators and plants in various popular sites and that is because they can control the flow of information or limit it

You saw it first hand with the pedogate stuff and them activity taking down various outlets that were reporting on it.

It’s also one of the reasons why people have not sued them for slander or damages as they use that same machine to generate hate towards whatever person/topic rustles the jimmies....the more clicks the more cerium makes

Eventually they are going to own goal themselves (which they are already starting to do) or someone with enough money is going to get sick of their shit and take them to court

Then you will see how loyal people are

lmimmfn

Cerrium certainly is not dumb...he was there to offer a group of people a platform to continue their journey into whatever abyss they are travelling towards ....evilore did not offer them that means

At the end of the day he makes money from it and this group of mods get perceived power....cerium only needs to give that illusion to this group and the whole thing keeps ticking along but the second this thing begins to cost money is the second he’s gonna drop the place

There’s a reason why they have an army of moderators and plants in various popular sites and that is because they can control the flow of information or limit it

You saw it first hand with the pedogate stuff and them activity taking down various outlets that were reporting on it.

It’s also one of the reasons why people have not sued them for slander or damages as they use that same machine to generate hate towards whatever person/topic rustles the jimmies....the more clicks the more cerium makes

Eventually they are going to own goal themselves (which they are already starting to do) or someone with enough money is going to get sick of their shit and take them to court

Then you will see how loyal people are
In a nutshell, there are a lot of members but regular Joe soap hasn't yet realised the underbelly of that place.
They will lose numbers as the underbelly is exposed and over time the only ones remaining will be the extremists and with not enough cash will collapse in on itself.

Can't believe the best way I can describe the hardcore SJWs from there is as "extremists"

Last edited:

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Even the nicest guys and even the smart ones can get brainwashed from this SJW moral compassing nonsense.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I think ULTROS! comment was in reply to mine rather than the other issue about "him"

Yup.

Ah well, I do miss the big gaming community especially when it comes to JRPGs. Hope it will grow here more!

lmimmfn

Yup.

Ah well, I do miss the big gaming community especially when it comes to JRPGs. Hope it will grow here more!
Ahh i understand, its a balance mate, you want a big community with lots of JRPG talk but also where you can actually fell comfortable :)
It'll get there, besides i'm an ex huge JRPG fan, i used to love them back in the PS2 days but unfortunately they fell out of favor for me after the PS2, i just think they were not as good after that, but you can point me in the right direction :)

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Yup.

It'll keep growing. GAF had to start somewhere once before, and it's doing so again. There are still a bunch of communities out that thing this GAF is still the same GAF that became a laughing stock everywhere else on the internet. So it's only a matter of time before more and more people realize how much better this place has become.

While I haven't been around too long, from my perspective this community is the strongest it has been, at least when it comes to a sense of camaraderie. And it's hands down my favorite version of GAF.

We've got the proper leadership in place, we've got hands down the best mod team I've seen, and we've got an overall amazing community. Only good things are going to come from that.

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
While I haven't been around too long, from my perspective this community is the strongest it has been, at least when it comes to a sense of camaraderie. And it's hands down my favorite version of GAF.

The banter is great and the openness to differing viewpoints without dog-piling or running to the mods is refreshing.

Go hunting for secrets and controversies about members of Era... it's something Era community would do. Please don't bring this shitness on Gaf.

In any case, the shit inside Era will resurface on it's own, there's no need to look for it.

I don’t know what your end game is, but whatever you are doing, do it in your own time and don’t bring it to GAF. Stick to your regular thread on KiwiFarms.

This stuff shits up the forum.

In all fairness, this entire thread is about talking smack about Era and its members. We arnt saving whales from the Japanese or holding peace negotiations between Trump and Kim.

This is like MGSV, we are getting knee deep in dirt, we arnt heroes and we are sacrificing our humanity in the name of revenge. This is now Outer Heaven and we are all Big Boss.

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
In all fairness, this entire thread is about talking smack about Era and its members. We arnt saving whales from the Japanese or holding peace negotiations between Trump and Kim.

This is like MGSV, we are getting knee deep in dirt, we arnt heroes and we are sacrificing our humanity in the name of revenge. This is now Outer Heaven and we are all Big Boss.
Laughing and pointing at the retarded REEEEEING over there is not the same thing as delving into people’s online lives and possibly doxxing them.

nush

Gold Member

Another REEEE special, come back F FUME5 your common sense is wasted there.

Yoshi

You literally just started a witch hunt thread in Politics subforum accusing JordanN of being a racist.
I started the thread because I was told this is the only way I can answer to him. It is not my policy and in any community I respect, I cannot let racism be uncommented.

I also do not think your valuation of what I said in the thread is correct; I have defined racism and demonstrated that JordanN's postings reek of it. He disagrees with the definition, but refuses to provide an alternative.

Laughing and pointing at the retarded REEEEEING over there is not the same thing as delving into people’s online lives and possibly doxxing them.

Checking someone's posting history isn't doxxing and if it were then why would it be publicly available for us all to see? Did the user you quoted specify doing some other activity involving their personal details?

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Checking someone's posting history isn't doxxing and if it were then why would it be publicly available for us all to see? Did the user you quoted specify doing some other activity involving their personal details?
“Possibly doxxing”

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I started the thread because I was told this is the only way I can answer to him. It is not my policy and in any community I respect, I cannot let racism be uncommented.

I also do not think your valuation of what I said in the thread is correct; I have defined racism and demonstrated that JordanN's postings reek of it. He disagrees with the definition, but refuses to provide an alternative.

Yosh, what's your endgame with this?

Yoshi

I’ll rephrase. What outcome are you aiming to achieve with this witch hunt against JordanN?

Driving him off the forum? Baiting him into saying something that gets him banned? Confession of being a horrible racist and submission to your will for judgment?
No, my only goal is to demonstrate that not everyone on this forum tolerates or even agrees with such racist discussions. Of course, it would be great if JordanN were to stop posting his non-stop race-garbage (or better even, also stops obsessing about race), but I recognise that's utopic. Leaving racism unopposed is deeply immoral from my point of view. I dislike the "make a new thread in politics" solution - precisely because it makes it more personal than necessary, but since it is the only solution available to me, I need to resort to this measure. The only alternative for me would be to request account closure.

EDIT: And just so we are clear: I do not ban bait and even if I wanted to, I hope we can agree that it is obvious that JordanN would be a terrible candidate to even try that, considering that he survived all through the moderation of bishoptl with the views he holds and loves to share. And even if you disagree with my definition of racism, it should be obvious that (1) he wouldn't have survived even one of such posts (2) it is consequently clear that JordanN has a good sense of behaviour that he can show and cannot show under different moderation practices. So even if I was not opposed to ban baiting (which I am), it is clear that any such effort on JordanN would be a waste.

Last edited:

Bullet Club

The most disgusting thread on Resetera ever. I am outraged! :messenger_pouting:

nush

Gold Member

Megadrive sounds sick and awesome, Genesis is the Bible and Phil Collins.

Megadrive sounds sick and awesome, Genesis is the Bible and Phil Collins.
I grew up with the megadrive.....and I turned out as a perfectly fine straight white ma....oh wait

Genesis is the bible...the bible does not like gays...if you like genisis you are a nazi homophobe

Am I doing it right reeeee??

Michele

you.

Excuse me? What did you just say about MEGA DRIVE?

Was just kidding, but it's genuinely annoying at them talking about the console's name.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR

So witch hunts are okay as long as you personally feel strongly enough about them.

But otherwise, witch hunts against ERA users should be discouraged and we should stop picking on poor, innocent ERA.

Goodness, are you going to go back to making hamfisted arguments about how "GAF leans right" again? You so frequently stan for ERA while showing no regard for your fellow GAF members that it gives the impression you are only here to stand up for them. Show some spine, if you can, because this is disturbing.

nush

Gold Member
So witch hunts are okay as long as you personally feel strongly enough about them.

But otherwise, witch hunts against ERA users should be discouraged and we should stop picking on poor, innocent ERA.

Goodness, are you going to go back to making hamfisted arguments about how "GAF leans right" again? You so frequently stan for ERA while showing no regard for your fellow GAF members that it gives the impression you are only here to stand up for them. Show some spine, if you can, because this is disturbing.

You're missing the point, he's deliberately contrarian for the attention, as long as he's getting it.

Yoshi

No witch hunts are never OK. But "I think you are a racist and I do not say so because you are a Republican supporter, but because of what you have said in the past" is not a witch hunt. "There is someone who has said something insensitive, so what else do we have against him, and how are others also at fault, does anyone have any further mud on related people?" is a witch hunt.
See how often I comment in here? There are tons of "haha, this guy has posted something I do no agree with" postings here and the majority of such postings I do not comment on at all. Enjoy your laughs, but if you start targeting people with shots in the blue of the kind "maybe he has done something?" then it really gets tasteless.
Goodness, are you going to go back to making hamfisted arguments about how "GAF leans right" again?
I still think that GAF leans right (in terms of postings in political contexts, of course I cannot give any opinion on political orientation of people who haven't posted [much] about politics), but what do you expect me to discuss in that regard at the moment?
You so frequently stan for ERA while showing no regard for your fellow GAF members that it gives the impression you are only here to stand up for them. Show some spine, if you can, because this is disturbing.
You know I knew in advance that calling out JordanN's racism is not exactly a popular thing here, the spineless thing would have been to not say anything about it. It is unclear to me why you think I do not show regard to GAF posters in general.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
No witch hunts are never OK. But "I think you are a racist and I do not say so because you are a Republican supporter, but because of what you have said in the past" is not a witch hunt. "There is someone who has said something insensitive, so what else do we have against him, and how are others also at fault, does anyone have any further mud on related people?" is a witch hunt.
Artificial framing. It's a witch hunt. You opened a thread calling out a specific user with the premise that they are racist. That's a terrible way of beginning a conversation.

Worse yet, because you didn't back up your assertions -- not even defining racism and backing up the statements in your own OP -- JordanN walked all over you.

But in your eyes, you did the righteous thing, so who cares about the result?

See how often I comment in here? There are tons of "haha, this guy has posted something I do no agree with" postings here and the majority of such postings I do not comment on at all. Enjoy your laughs, but if you start targeting people with shots in the blue of the kind "maybe he has done something?" then it really gets tasteless.

I still think that GAF leans right (in terms of postings in political contexts, of course I cannot give any opinion on political orientation of people who haven't posted [much] about politics), but what do you expect me to discuss in that regard at the moment?
I brought it up as an opportunity for you to reflect on your own poor record when it comes to correctly identifying things. I could've used any number of examples, like your hamfisted arguments about the electoral college.

You know I knew in advance that calling out JordanN's racism is not exactly a popular thing here, the spineless thing would have been to not say anything about it. It is unclear to me why you think I do not show regard to GAF posters in general.
Saying something that isn't popular doesn't make you brave for doing it.

I'm calling you spineless because -- in spite of your occasional dramatic flourishes of "bravery" aimed at fellow GAFers and at the forum's reputation -- you continue to champion for the forum that cast you aside, ERA. All of your bravery is an act performed safely on GAF's stage because this forum allows people to speak their minds without being banned. Your self-righteousness comes across as empty because whenever you're called out, you cower and hide behind your self-righteous mask claiming that you were just trying to stand up for Good, therefore you should be exempt from criticism.

Then you turn around and scold others for witch hunting. Log in thine own eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom