• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
You don't even have to take it as far as pointing out the irony of communism eliminating crunch in the videogame market.

Just show me all the high-quality entertainment produced by the USSR. If their system was more conducive to creating high-quality entertainment products compared to capitalism, it should already exist and it should exist in great numbers.

Shaqazooloo

Here they go again...
I don't get it. What's the problem?

JordanN

Banned
You don't even have to take it as far as pointing out the irony of communism eliminating crunch in the videogame market.

Just show me all the high-quality entertainment produced by the USSR. If their system was more conducive to creating high-quality entertainment products compared to capitalism, it should already exist and it should exist in great numbers.
To play devil's advocate, the USSR did have some interesting cinematic films that did highlight the differences between profit driven capitalism and state ran entertainment.

However, their video games were light years behind what the USA and Japan could achieve. Even their most famed game, Tetris, required Soviet game developers to steal Western technology in order to actually develop it.

And without the profit driven desire to advance technology, the USSR would not have made ground breaking consoles like the NES or even the original Playstation. We would be playing 8-bit crap forever.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Also, goddammit, Chappelle was right, the black kid in the SunnyD commercial is totally eyeing up the purple stuff :messenger_tears_of_joy:

uQWwpVX.png

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
To play devil's advocate, the USSR did have some interesting cinematic films that did highlight the differences between profit driven capitalism and state ran entertainment.

However, their video games were light years behind what the USA and Japan could achieve. Even their most famed game, Tetris, required Soviet game developers to steal Western technology in order to actually develop it.

And without the profit driven desire to advance technology, the USSR would not have made ground breaking consoles like the NES or even the original Playstation. We would be playing 8-bit crap forever.
Well, I wanted to avoid videogames specifically because by the time videogames were coming into their own (mid-70s onward) the USSR was sliding into collapse. I felt that would be unfair to hold it against them.

I won't deny they had some interesting movies. But rivaling Hollywood? Heck, Hollywood was so influential that the US was afraid the communists were going to infect it. At no point was the US's entertainment industry threatened (in terms of quality and output) by the USSR.

Here they go again...
This has to be a troll thread. I mean, come on.

JordanN

Banned
This has to be a troll thread. I mean, come on.
Dude, we just had a week where Nike pulled shoes because a football player found the original U.S flag offensive.

SJW's are that batshit crazy, they will find offense at everything and companies keep bending the knee to them.

Now they're claiming a darker colored Bandicoot is the same as actual African Americans.

They might as well claim Polar is a White Supremacist because he's a White Bear.

iWiIOhq.png

Last edited:

Shaqazooloo

They're projecting [human] races onto Cartoon animals.

Which in itself is ridiculous. Imagine looking at a Dalmatian and claiming it's a black person just because it has black and white spots.
Oh, so because the fur is darker and the name watermelon? Barely noticed. It's amazing how reset is able continue to find non-issues to get upset at.

Also, in most cases I think these connections make them look bad.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
And if you still don't think they're serious, 3 pages later and they're still ass mad about a cartoon bandicoot.

KynlMhK.png

Notice the agenda in this post.

Not only is the skin wrong, but now the company has to be forced into hiring black people.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
From the Starbucks removes police officers thread,

t8ODEDO.png

Luckily for Mr.Kambaybolongo his wish comes true.

No police officers, no problem! Just bullet proof glass everywhere.

Last edited:

Ol'Scratch

Also, goddammit, Chappelle was right, the black kid in the SunnyD commercial is totally eyeing up the purple stuff :messenger_tears_of_joy:

uQWwpVX.png
I was just thinking this. "All these years, I thought I liked chicken cause it was delicious; but turns out, I'm genetically predisposed to liking chicken! "

I think the worst part of that thread is how they put people on blast for not being offended enough or not understanding getting it (mostly people not from the us)

Ol'Scratch

JordanN

Banned
Now they're going after Smash bros for being racist.... again....

HmIbXz3.png

Looks like the Naughty Dog curse is real.
The West is slowly giving up gameplay in favor of pushing "diversity" instead.

ydeoVdX.png

At least Nintendo has the benefit of being both a Japanese company and a console manufacturer, so they're spared from having to deal with the SJW West.

Unfortunately, we can't say the same with Japanese developers who have to work with Sony (who now have their headquarters in SJW central, California).

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
And BAM. They finally got him. Exabyte is no more.

ZT6ZKfB.png

Resetera is literally like the fucking Mafia.

If you don't "kiss the ring", the mods will send a drive by hit squad to take you out.

jFmWFmH.jpg

"Hey Tony. We got someone here who refuses to be offended by a Cartoon Bandicoot. How about we help him go sleep with the fishes?".

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

ZT6ZKfB.png

If you don't "kiss the ring", the mods will send a drive by hit squad to take you out.

jFmWFmH.jpg

"Hey Tony. We got someone here who refuses to be offended by a Cartoon Bandicoot. How about we help him go sleep with the fishes?".

Comparing blacks to an animal is the racist shit.

These people are wolves in sheep’s clothing.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken

Well, to be fair, they made Tetris.

Ol'Scratch

ZT6ZKfB.png

jFmWFmH.jpg

That light at the end of the tunnel, that ain't freedom. That ain't heaven. That's the number 5 train comin' for your ass.

Ol'Scratch

ZT6ZKfB.png

jFmWFmH.jpg

What the fuck is "Hand waving racism"? What kind of fucking flaw do you have to be to actually type something like that, to actually think like that? How fucking pathetic does your existence have to be? And the other people in that thread quoting and dog piling for not carrying the banner of persecution

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

JordanN

Banned
Ahhh, now I get why they're offended.

There was a level in Crash Bandicoot 3 where Crash had to get to the finish line while dodging Police cars.

Of course, Naughty Dog being "white supremacists" didn't realize how offensive this was back in 1998 and now adding a go-kart skin that features watermelon clothing only goes to show how cruel and oppressed the Bandicoots are.

Shame on you Activision. Shame.

GSnQKQs.png

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Seriously, I never heard of this so called steryotype and my country is kinda racist. Is it something exclusive to one country?

I hope they didn't change Watermelon skin, I think its her best skin.

Edit: my god, they don't even know how to use their eyes to correlate the word "Watermelon" with her attire. Shes dressing a pink attire with seeds dots and a green short. For tnt's sake, not even the work of looking at her skin they have, just want to make heavy drama.

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

The CTR thread is possibly based on a darkened image anyways. She doesn't seem that dark on my TV.

But it lets them cry about racism, ban people that disagree, and post pictures of all the white people working at Beenox. Another day at Era.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
From the Starbucks removes police officers thread,

t8ODEDO.png

Luckily for Mr.Kambaybolongo his wish comes true.

No police officers, no problem! Just bullet proof glass everywhere.

How retarded.

I've been to Detroit a few times. One time we went to a convenience store. Same thing. Never seen such an odd contraption before in my history of any travel anywhere. Transactions for chips and drinks through a bulletproof window. Retarded.

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

I popped into a burger king once that had bullet proof glass like that. I knew it was a shithole area, but I peeled out of there.

Fake

Here they go again...
Is this true? My brother told me, but its so hard to believe.

Rien

Jelly Belly
Incoming : (MAY CONTAIN SELECTIVE SELF RIGHTEOUSNESS)

rVKDJdv.jpg

JAiuxj3.jpg

H4Oopvz.jpg

JRlY715.jpg

hFRsKRQ.jpg

cFB7R8Y.jpg

5ydHmhP.jpg

NucEhZt.jpg

wzRpC4h.jpg

xbGgvq5.jpg

A8IEKWM.jpg

3WAKqAJ.jpg

5WOmy68.jpg

WQPOFrj.jpg

mlh97V9.jpg

kEqfNDw.jpg

SxLV5ck.jpg

tJvUxgN.jpg

gAZ9Evk.jpg

I53IA59.jpg

AlSnmBt.jpg

ILqQGca.jpg

WcvzdBp.jpg

mghYi9k.jpg

lZbBsBA.jpg

eXes775.jpg

xDIqto3.jpg

OyniB32.jpg

Aw Shugga you dumb mofo. I knew all the time you are just a sad wanker who follow the rest and cant think for yourself.
Imagine trying to be the super duper good guy and then showing your true colors with posts like these.

What a disgrace

JordanN

Banned
Good god, they're insane.

dd7RI3G.png

It's a fucking Bandicoot.

We've accelerated past Clown World when people are assigning races to other animals.

1BamOtn.jpg

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Here they go again...

Mod guidelines have been posted, thread can only go one way now.

JordanN

Banned
What the fuck? These people really think black people are animals.

N1c6lK4.png

Crazy motherfuckers. If Activision listens to these fools, it would just be another sign this industry is dying (at least in the West. How long can Japan resist the SJW onslaught is another question).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom