• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michele

you.

@Opto : "ResetEra was founded for reasons that a lot of you seem willing to forgive right out the gate because you're horny for a guy that watched Bicycle Thief in film class."

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
At least they're slowly realizing ERA is shit. Not to be too hopeful but it seemed like there was an slight increase in peoples saying shit and such about ERA on that forum (not here), unless I'm wrong.

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
At least they're slowly realizing ERA is shit. Not to be too hopeful but it seemed like there was an slight increase in peoples saying shit and such about ERA on that forum (not here), unless I'm wrong.
It won't be one thing that does the most damage but many things snowballing,

Pedo accusations
E3 banning waves
Mocking suicide
Banning long term high post count members

Whatever else will happen no doubt soon.

Michele

you.
It won't be one thing that does the most damage but many things snowballing,

Pedo accusations
E3 banning waves
Mocking suicide
Banning long term high post count members

Whatever else will happen no doubt soon.

THen can we try to make predictions?

I'm going to guess that there'll soon be an accusation toward the mods as well. I think of this as a possibility, given that lately they didn't seem as much transparent as in the past. They were a bit too late when it came to doing actions toward those mocking suicide. Those who mocked it didn't usually get punished (some did, but not everyone).

tkscz

Pro gamer Infiltration wrongly accused of beating his wife after investigations made by Panda Glabal. REEEE refuses to read report made by Panda Global and still insists he beats his wife.
Infiltration imposes a self ban from Capcom Cup.

Returns to compete in Evo for Samurai Shodown in a month's time.
REEEE is outraged and wants Evo to ban him.
Still insists that he beat his wife.

*Infiltration gets proven innocent of domestic violence*
REEEEE: "That's not good enough chief"

Tesseract

Banned

Pro gamer Infiltration wrongly accused of beating his wife after investigations made by Panda Glabal. REEEE refuses to read report made by Panda Global and still insists he beats his wife.
Infiltration imposes a self ban from Capcom Cup.

Returns to compete in Evo for Samurai Shodown in a month's time.
REEEE is outraged and wants Evo to ban him.
Still insists that he beat his wife.

fucked up pathetic shit right there, folks

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
*Infiltration gets proven innocent of domestic violence*
REEEEE: "That's not good enough chief"
I mean...

2UOM1An.png

(except when it comes to pedophelia and racism on their own forum)

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
You really have to be mendacious prick or a short-sighted asshole to make a statement like 'accusations are evidence'. That standard is ripe for abuse, but people like bluexy probably think it will never be applied to them.
Yes, most cultists do feel an irrational sense of safety when they are among fellow believers. It's weird. I don't want to get political (because this isn't the thread for it) but I notice the same irrational thinking when they cheer for certain laws granting the gov't more regulatory and censorial power.

I'm like... you wanna give the gov't these new powers... in Trump's America? Doesn't that seem self-defeating? :pie_thinking:

crumbs

Yes, most cultists do feel an irrational sense of safety when they are among fellow believers. It's weird. I don't want to get political (because this isn't the thread for it) but I notice the same irrational thinking when they cheer for certain laws granting the gov't more regulatory and censorial power.

I'm like... you wanna give the gov't these new powers... in Trump's America? Doesn't that seem self-defeating? :pie_thinking:

Yeah, there's some serious cognitive dissonance going on when people claim to be living in an increasingly authoritarian state while also advocating for more restrictions on their own rights to speech and self defense.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Yeah, there's some serious cognitive dissonance going on when people claim to be living in an increasingly authoritarian state while also advocating for more restrictions on their own rights to speech and self defense.
Resetera: fuck the police! They are such scum. Not a single good one among them. Blue always covers for Blue.
Also Resetera: glad the police arrested that scumbag for posting racist shit on Twitter.

#Phonepunk#

Banned

This is a thought experiment so dumb and pointless no wonder it’s on the front page. OP decoupled money and power entirely (explained here as ‘a wizard did it’) so seemingly there is not a single material benefit or change from this thought experiment, only the thrill of numbers going up or down.

Even in this liberal fantasy of a magic button, lobbying and pollution are unavoidable. It’s a fantasy version of the real world where things suck just as much as now except nobody has more money than you lol. This is the great fantasy

God Enel

„Accusations are evidence“ that’s like the dumbest shit I’ve read in my entire life.

And he’s a journalist. You have to imagine that.
This guy should work as a toilet cleaner (no offense) and every pen should be locked away from him.

Holy fuck, this world is becoming a scary place.

Barnabot

„Accusations are evidence“ that’s like the dumbest shit I’ve read in my entire life.

And he’s a journalist. You have to imagine that.
This guy should work as a toilet cleaner (no offense) and every pen should be locked away from him.

Holy fuck, this world is becoming a scary place.

Let's appreciate the fact he's not into the Investigative journalism business.

You really have to be mendacious prick or a short-sighted asshole to make a statement like 'accusations are evidence'. That standard is ripe for abuse, but people like bluexy probably think it will never be applied to them.
U gotta hope someone in life takes them for a ride and blames them for some horrible crime when in actual fact they are innocent...only then they will learn there is such thing as restraint and waiting for actual evidence

U gotta hope someone in life takes them for a ride and blames them for some horrible crime when in actual fact they are innocent...only then they will learn there is such thing as restraint and waiting for actual evidence
But waiting... being intelligent doesn’t get you internet pats on the back.

It's what ResetEra was founded on.

8uP5ok9.jpg

God damn! That's some serious shit! The other day I was trying to remember why I ever even went over to Resetera to begin with when this went down. I couldn't really remember exactly at the time but this made it crystal clear.

It wasn't because of the Evilore witch hunt that I was skeptical about from the beginning. I always hated the witch hunt shit that went on back then in general. It was because all those cunts were shitting up the forum so bad it made discussion impossible. They really did a number on this site but what doesn't kill NeoGAF only makes it stronger. I'm glad I've stuck around to see GAF rise back up from the ashes.

:messenger_heart: 💪

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
EviLore, were you one of the SJW’s till you got red pilled? I wasn’t here prior or during the exodus. You don’t need to answer if you’d don’t care for such a question.

The right saw me as an SJW Leader Hypocrite once NeoGAF started swinging harder to the left after GamerGate, and tried to expose me daily with dumb non-stories and lies. The left came to see me as an Evil White Male Misogynist Oppressor for being successful and partying with the ladies without being LGBT or PoC, and mocking third wave feminism, and pushing back against the descent into extremism, and telling harsh truths to our trans folks, etc.

Everyone seemed to hate me eventually, and everyone seemed to get what they were looking for in 2017.

Mainly I just care about my community, though.

GHG

Gold Member

Randomly finding something to be offended by in the Switch mini topic. Pat on the head and a cookie for you son.

That's insane.

Kagey K

Banned

I just don’t even have the energy to be that upset all the time.

When do any of these people have fun? And do they post and bitch* that other people are having fun when they aren’t?

*I still find it funny that I took a permanent ban 4 years ago for using this word in this exact same context. My exact post was “Or you can go on the internet and bitch about it”

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Finally, people are seeing through Serebii Pokemon dick sucking posts.

The bastard even got warned for getting mad at the truth. What a day!

Shmunter

The right saw me as an SJW Leader Hypocrite once NeoGAF started swinging harder to the left after GamerGate, and tried to expose me daily with dumb non-stories and lies. The left came to see me as an Evil White Male Misogynist Oppressor for being successful and partying with the ladies without being LGBT or PoC, and mocking third wave feminism, and pushing back against the descent into extremism, and telling harsh truths to our trans folks, etc.

Everyone seemed to hate me eventually, and everyone seemed to get what they were looking for in 2017.

Mainly I just care about my community, though.
The silver lining is you know who your real community is, those that stuck it out. And even those that ventured there, but never really left.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
The cuck/bull thing (off topic thread that touches on the post too) doesn’t fit here since the dude’s wife has a girlfriend moving in.

I’m not sure what the dude expected though. I can’t imagine many relationships that start on forums end up well. Forums aren’t full of the most well-adjusted people (myself included), much less those actually trying to make friends and find romantic partners among randoms on hobbyist forums instead of in the real world or at least local dating apps.

Add in the bisexuality which is always a risk for monogamy as one person obviously can’t satisfy all their desires (not saying bisexuals can’t be monogamous, just there’s more risk) and it adds up to a relationship that was never likely to work. Not to mention all the early red flags of relationship problems he lists and yet stuck around and had kids.

Just another dude with no self esteem that latched on to the first serous relationship that cam their way and then whines about it online when it predictably goes to shit. I’ll never get why people think their relationship problems are thread worthy when most everyone has or has had them. But hey, the threads get tons of posts so what do I know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Saruhashi

Banned
The serebii guy get a warn:
Some guy made an excelent argument against pokemon shield/sword controversy.
Serebii answer was:
'REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'

He even edit his post, but too late.

Funny that it was just a warning.

Anyone else posts "REEEEEEEEEEE" in an argument over there and it's a ban for sure.

#Phonepunk#

Banned

Tells his wife she can see other people now they are splitting up while the wife’s new lover moves in with them. Four kids.

I hope this fellow moves out and gets things together.
Lol this guy is beyond fucked

Apparently he doesn’t have a job nor knows how to get one, he is a stay at home nanny while his ex wife fucks in the other room

Stories like this make me think, you know, maybe being single isn’t so bad

Lol in one post he says “I would like to have sex with men but I’m not gay”

How is this even a person still, and not just a pile of cells quivering together in shame?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Smh. I never realized REEEEEEEE was directed at autistic people. I just thought it was people playing on the ResetEra names first two letters and how they screech outrage at everything. Lol.

I don’t think most outrage folks over there are autistic. Just a bunch of losers with no social lives confirming to the cult to have a place they think they “belong.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom