• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatti-man

Unequivalency , downplaying and handwaving racism or something along those lines? The thing that will really cook the old brain is that 88% of the people posting in that thread are white.
It really is downright uncomfortable how far down the rabbit hole that entire place is on the topic of racism. Because a culture had a shitty past, they have a golden ticket. Minorities do not have to take any responsibility for their neighborhoods, their lifestyles, their violence, their criminal records, their debt, their educations. They do not have to take responsibility when you go to the south side and go into a market and get treated like shit when the people in front of you and behind you are treated like family and the only difference is your skin color.
They do not have to take responsibility for the fact that in the older days when a person of color DID try to better themselves, the others would immediately put them down and insult them as an uncle tom and keep them down because they were "currying favor", When slavery was abolished did people go running back to their home countries? No of course not, because it is not Wakanda it is a shit hole and in many cases it was their own villages that sold them in the first place. They had a better chance here. Slavery was a fucked up thing. It has happened throughout history to many cultures and many peoples. GET THE FUCK OVER IT. MOVE FORWARD. It is a shitty thing to say but it feels like nobody is willing to be the bad guy and say it. See these horns on the head here ^ ? I do not mind being that guy. In my opinion the reason that people of color have not been able to escape the situation that they are in is not the white man. It is because they can not escape the ghosts. They can not let go. They have spent so much time blaming that easy scapegoat and honestly politicians have used it like a weapon and tossed the fuel on the fire when they need to pit minorities against one party or another or to stir up the masses to distract from other issues.
People like Reeee the just dump more fuel on that shit to keep their circle jerk going and again I say it is reaching a dangerous point of cult proportions.
Me? I love all people, I genuinely do except liars and phoneys. Race, religion, sexual preference, gender preference, species preference I do not care. Just be you. Time is too short for the hating shit. Well for you all....I am after all an immortal infernal being of hellfire and brimstone and all of that.
Exactly. Like who gives a shit treat everyone as equals. Reverse racism is still racism.

Ol'Scratch

Exactly. Like who gives a shit treat everyone as equals. Reverse racism is still racism.
Children do it right, because it is not genetic and it is not ingrained nor built it. It is a taught behavior. Children will walk up and be chill with anyone their own age until environment gets in their head. Not just taught by the monster outside the house but by the monster inside. Humans carry this virus and they pass it down because they can't let shit go. Again terrible shit has happened. There will be NO REPARATIONS. There will be NO white people ceding land and country to people of color. I genuinely do not know what the fuck people want. It is like a girlfriend who caught you cheating once early in your relationship with two women a trans and a little person and then never lets you live it down years and years later. It was a fucked up time and everyone with sanity agrees it was a fucked up and terrible thing.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

How did they associate Tawna with a black person? Animals don’t have races. Just because of her fur color means that she’s black? So who’s the racist now? :p

JordanN

Banned
How did they associate Tawna with a black person? Animals don’t have races. Just because of her fur color means that she’s black? So who’s the racist now? :p
Yeah, this was the worst part I meant to include in my post.
There where Reset users who considered the Bandicoots to "represent" their race.

Activision should not have responded, since now it no longer implies they were just ambiguous Cartoon characters the entire time.

No one needs to know if Crash is White/Black/Asian etc. Just let him be a silly cartoon character who fights mad scientists.

Last edited:

Ol'Scratch

Animals do have races. Our species and dogs are an example of that.
That is the most delicious part of it though of course they will never ever understand. The Crash Racing was such a blatant example of the fact that they themselves are so deeply ingrained with this racism shit that they now project it on animals and non human anthropomorphic beings. THEY DO NOT REPRESENT ANYTHING. The devs were not sitting their saying "ok, I think she will represent perhaps and southern kenyan palette...." No they were saying " Ok what color gradient will look good next?"

JordanN

Banned
Animals do have races. Our species and dogs are an example of that.
I'm assuming the context is applying Human races to the Bandicoots.

But even then, the idea is still ridiculous. Just watch the intro from the first game.

Cortex had a whole bunch of animals locked up (who would later become bosses), and they began experimenting on Crash. He was just a failed science experiment that got away.

Oh god, what have I done? Now they're going to use this to say he was a slave.

Last edited:
Can you imagine?

“I may physically be a bandicoot but I identify as a lizard”.
Our local council charges us a fee to keep pets per year....I was seriously debating sending them a letter back that my cat does not identify as a cat But a furry human so the registration is null and void.....have we come this pc yet??

Ol'Scratch

Come on now.
If you can take a dick you can take a joke.
At least that is what Father McNulty used to always say

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
Come on now.
If you can take a dick you can take a joke.
I was going to let that one gather a few posts before linking it here, it's going to provide some quality lols from woke soyboys.

Edit, nope it was a hypocrite blindspot again.

"I don't care if you are straight and I want to fuck you"

"Don't lose your shit if you get sexually harassed when they know you are not gay."

"Politely hitting" on straight men.

"It's OK we can do it to straight men becuse we assume they treat women like shit"

Seem it's actually true #allmenaretrash, except you get a pass to be trashy to other men if you like dick. If there was such a thing as hetrophobia this topic would be off the scale and filled with bans if Era wasn't so hypocritical.

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned

There are some disgusting replies on that thread....

"Don't know how to feel about this. This comes off as a "Let them fight" kind of situation."
--
"You hold the guards at gunpoint, liberate the refugees. Secure the guards, then firebomb the facility."
--
"Damn looks like his motivation was moral after all. A brave guy to try and fight for what is right when so many politicans are only finger wagging the human suffering and cruelty going on in those camps."
--
"Terrorist- a person who uses violence and intimidation in pursuit of political aims.
Freedom fighter- a person engaged in a resistance movement against what they believe to be an oppressive and illegitimate government.
This guy will be either or, depending on who you talk to. At this point, There's no doubt in my mind that he was up against this oppressive and illegitimate government of ours."
--
"everyone talks about resisting, and doing something useful, and someone tries and they mock him or go "hes white" meh, no wonder no one actually does anything...."
--
"He's a hero, he was targeting their vehicles. "Modern John Brown""
--
"Yunno what, screw it. I'm gonna take the risk and go ahead and post his manifesto out there. It seems important to get his perspective." [posts his Antifa manifesto]

YIKES!!!

In today’s episode of movies I would like to see remade and how would reee go about it

The 1982 Richard Pryor classic about buying a black slave in the 80s to be your children’s toy.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
They're back at it again.

tc9zGBR.png

I do not personally know what the Houser brothers are like in person or how does Rockstar actually run their studios, but I will say one thing.
I hope they NEVER bow down to SJW pressure ever. Compared to the rest of the Game Industry, they might be the last example of a successful game developer/publisher who can do whatever they fuck they want, without the media circus always trying to paint them as demons for not kowtowing the social justice agenda.

Fuck Resetera, when you own a franchise that is literally in the top 5 best selling games OF ALL TIME, you do not hand over your success to some no-name internet forum that is hell bent on destroying everything they touch.

8s8rGYB.png

If Rockstar wants to make a GTA starring a female protagonist by their own free will, they can. But if they do it because they take advice from Resetera, then they will never be satisfied. SJWs will fight tooth and nail until the final product resembles some kind of unholy abomination of identity politics and shit gameplay.

JordanN

Banned
Honestly I hope there isn't a female protag in GTA VI just to piss these people off lmao.
I honestly wouldn't mind a female protagonist just as long as her gender isn't the focus of the entire game.

Believe it or not, we use to live in a world where we could have diverse game protagonists without it being attached to any political agendas.

GTA San Andreas had a black protagonist, GTA 4 was about a poor Eastern European immigrant coming to America, GTA Chinatown Wars had a Chinese protagonist.

What their ethnicity was didn't matter because they still played like games that didn't constantly feel the need to remind you who they are.

Or one of my favorite first person shooters of all time has a playable black character. It didn't matter what his skin color was, he existed alongside other ethnic characters (i.e German, Russian, French, Americans, Australian/New Zealanders) and it didn't need to tell you constantly who they are. It's just about having fun.

05UTdX5.jpg

But now with the SJW movement after 2010, it's a shame the idea of diverse protagonists has now been poisoned by those who only want to push an agenda rather than just create an entertaining experience.

Last edited:
I hope there IS a female protag in GTA VI just so you can see them enjoying the smell of thier own farts when it's announced there will be a female protag then watch them do a 180 when it's revealed she's not the "right type" of man owning female protag.
Im sure Scar Jo would make a great player to use

JordanN

Banned
Also, in regards to the playable female character, I remember seeing plenty of mods for the PC versions of GTA 4 and 5 that let you import any character you like.

So I would argue the idea by itself wouldn't be revolutionary. If people wanted to play as a female character so badly, you can already play it now if you have PC.

So those who try to push including a female character as "necessary" are just agenda filled. It wont make GTA's gameplay any better by default, just because you don't control a guy.

For Rockstar, they could probably capitalize on this by just selling custom characters as an option. But that's as far as they would actually need to go.

Last edited:

Whitecrow

Banned
Honestly, this is what we will get if we just stay here laughing at those retards and do nothing.
They are making a difference by crying and putting pressure and we are just letting them be.

If we dont cry, things will be getting worse nonstop...

JordanN

Banned
Honestly, this is what we will get if we just stay here laughing at those retards and do nothing.
They are making a difference by crying and putting pressure and we are just letting them be.

If we dont cry, things will be getting worse nonstop...
I don't think it's because we don't also cry, but the fact that people bigger than us continue to kneel down to SJW types.

Neogaf can easily counter Resetera on an intellectual level, but we don't actually pull the strings that could convince higher ups in the Game Industry to just not listen to Reset's whining.

It's basically a culture battle, but SJW's have a weapon called "identity politics" they use to name and shame people they don't like.

"You disagree with us? Ha! That means you're a Nazi, Islamophobic, sexist, trans bigot!".

We just need companies to stop falling for this Grade 1 level insult and SJW's would come crashing down like a house of cards. But alas, this technique continues to penetrate game developers for some reason and they surrender too easily.

Edit: I'm thinking of that scene from the Powerpuff girls where Mojo Jojo just screams "oppression" and people are more scared of that than actual threats.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd here's Reason #18128918 why SJW's continue to show how rabid and deranged they are. They constantly threaten to kill the President.

K931taM.png

They'll call you racist, while also attempting to murder you.

The Right-wing/Conservatives cannot compete with this. If we did the same shit, the media would be all over us and calling us "extremists". But with the SJW left, they get off scott free for some reason.

Edit: Also in unshocking news, we got another person pushing the "concentration camps" libel.

OHbmEP5.png

America has kids in concentration camps, and they're also ripping them away from parents? Um, what?

Last edited:

Michele

you.
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd here's Reason #18128918 why SJW's continue to show how rabid and deranged they are. They constantly threaten to kill the President.

K931taM.png

They'll call you racist, while also attempting to murder you.

The Right-wing/Conservatives cannot compete with this. If we did the same shit, the media would be all over us and calling us "extremists". But with the SJW left, they get off scott free for some reason.

Edit: Also in unshocking news, we got another person pushing the "concentration camps" libel.

OHbmEP5.png

America has kids in concentration camps, and they're also ripping them away from parents? Um, what?
For some reason nothing happens when we tip FBI about similar threats. Wouldnt threating to kill the President be an huge thing????

TrainedRage

Banned

Looks like they are showing more support for the Antifa Terrorist. These people are deranged. I mean im actually thinking if they weren't all so fat and anxious they may be radicalized just like Antifa Terrorist guy.

JordanN

Banned

Looks like they are showing more support for the Antifa Terrorist. These people are deranged. I mean im actually thinking if they weren't all so fat and anxious they may be radicalized just like Antifa Terrorist guy.

There are Antifa users on Reset.

s11aDq9.png

Same avatar since July 13, 2018.

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned
When ResetEra PRETENDS to be anti-capitalist, anti-free market democracy. Just remember...……….

BUY ALL THIS SHIT GIUZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "Ahhh! Ahhhhhnnnnnntttteeeeee! Ahhhhnnnteee capilitista!

Last edited:

Ol'Scratch

When ResetEra PRETENDS to be anti-capitalist, anti-free market democracy. Just remember...……….

BUY ALL THIS SHIT GIUZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "Ahhh! Ahhhhhnnnnnntttteeeeee! Ahhhhnnnteee capilitista!

"Fuck Amazon, support the people on strike, Amazon mistreats their employees they do not pay a living wage!!! Fuck Amazon wait how much for that Switch Bundle???"

JordanN

Banned
Another thread on bashing White people...

vnJiP0t.png

Explain to me one more time why do Game Publishers line up and kiss the feet of SJW's when the same SJW's openly hate them and want them dead?

You'd think the first response would be to ignore them, but somehow, even multi million dollar companies still fail at that.

G9uIJ7Z.png

No one is being banned for literally say all White people are evil. What does this continue to tell you about Resetera and what SJWs want for the world?
Hating an entire race is not enough. There is always a hidden motive that strives to do something even bigger.

Last edited:

Ol'Scratch

Another thread on bashing White people...

vnJiP0t.png

Explain to me one more time why do Game Publishers line up and kiss the feet of SJW's when the same SJW's openly hate them and want them dead?

You'd think the first response would be to ignore them, but somehow, even multi million dollar companies still fail at that.

G9uIJ7Z.png

No one is being banned for literally say all White people are evil. What does this continue to tell you about Resetera and what SJWs want for the world?
Hating an entire race is not enough. There is always a hidden motive that strives to do something even bigger.
Must be such a terrible thing to wake up every day and hate yourself so much yet seem to have no issue taking full advantage of that "privilege" that you seem you hate so much also while chatting on your air pods with your iphone with your three hundred dollar kicks swilling your $8 skinny mocha fucka lotta whatta cunta with soy milk on the way to the gym in the 2019 Honda that Daddy bought as a graduation present. Oh wait have to stop make a post on Reset era to comment on how the barista is showing heinous racism by taking a white ladies order instead of the black guy who was deep in a conversation on his phone....and people say all white people aren't racist

JordanN

Banned
Someone linked to the original "State of Neogaf" thread earlier today and I was curious to find my comment since I could never find it.
But before I got to my post, I found this comment directly above mine that didn't age well.

hjMSD34.png

2 years later and Reset's off-topic is absolutely toxic. Also, lol at praising Stinkles. We now know this guy as being more of a liability to Microsoft, since he fell for the "America is ran by Nazis" kool-aid.

Or how about the time when he completely went on a rant against the Vice President? Purely based on his looks.

wRTNQzZ.png

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
not Exactly sure what’s triggering them so much lately...it’s like the internet version of a woman being on her period
Because as every day goes by with no democrat candidate raising the bar and being a frontrunner to beating Trump, they know deep down that unless something happens where Biden or Bernie rise and Trump tanks because the stock market drops 10,000 pts, Trump is going to win again.

pel1300

One of their members wrote a long rant analyzing redlettermedia and campaigning to get all of era to stop watching them, with replies asking to ban any rlm content LOL.

nush

Gold Member
not Exactly sure what’s triggering them so much lately...it’s like the internet version of a woman being on her period
It's a watering-hole in the desert, as the heat rises and the pool (Read: bubble) shrinks only the most worthy Reetards get to stay. Even for example the community Discord I'm in mostly stick to the Discord and don't log in to the forum because of all the fuckery.
It's only going to become more concentrated and people bow out or get banned making those Reetards that stay think they are turning the tide when all they are doing is enforcing the echo chamber.

Michele

you.
They are almost at 9000 bans......another week and they should smash it in
i48rumH.jpg

Assuming this counts temporary bans, I'm betting it will rise quickly with time as ERA evolves... erm, DEvolves into oblivion.

And then more mods will resign and there will be chaos....... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

pel1300

wow at this ban:

Cheebo in particular is a piece of work. He/she keeps going into the Redlettermedia OT thread and ranting about how bigoted RLM and its audience is...almost like reaching trolling levels. On any other forum a mod would have warned that user to stop thread crapping. He gets so worked up whenever someone bashes The LAst Jedi. And he keeps pointing to the high RT score and 1.3 billion dollar box office gross. It's amazing how politcally engaged they are - yet they seemingly only pay attention to the mainstream news media like CNN, Vox, Vice, etc. Hence them thinking Joe Rogan, Jordan Peterson, Rubin, Shapiro, etc. are alt-right or Nazis. They just fall for the leftist MSM's hit pieces on those individuals.

Shockingly, there are actual reasonable and sane ERA members in the RLM OT....they LOL at the content and LOL at how the RLM threads in the etcetc section are an embarrassing circus....and talk about how there's no point in trying to reason with most of the forum. They might as well just come back here LOL. They seem to be very liberal/left leaning - but not to the extreme SJW level. They probably have their own private chat section where they talk about how crazy the forum has gotten.

They got so upset at RLM's Godzilla: King of the Monsters review when Mike Stolkasa made this joke:

Mike: So we are reviewing Godzilla 2019 aka Godzilla KING of the Monsters...which is SEXIST..because they don't know Godzilla's gender.

That joke got them accusing Mike of being alt right LOL.

And they demonize Ben Shapiro and call him a nazi. They are calling a Jewish guy a Nazi wtf

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
That topic title is modified from what she actually said. She didn't say "I have the right" she said "I should be able to" and that's a tone difference to incite outrage. I don't mod any communities that have topic titles, but I'd sure start modding the fuck out of titles of topics that are twisted for outrage.

Barnabot

I'll leave this right here just to educate you guys what a "freedom fighter" is
/s

Manus

wow at this ban:

Cheebo in particular is a piece of work. He/she keeps going into the Redlettermedia OT thread and ranting about how bigoted RLM and its audience is...almost like reaching trolling levels. On any other forum a mod would have warned that user to stop thread crapping. He gets so worked up whenever someone bashes The LAst Jedi. And he keeps pointing to the high RT score and 1.3 billion dollar box office gross. It's amazing how politcally engaged they are - yet they seemingly only pay attention to the mainstream news media like CNN, Vox, Vice, etc. Hence them thinking Joe Rogan, Jordan Peterson, Rubin, Shapiro, etc. are alt-right or Nazis. They just fall for the leftist MSM's hit pieces on those individuals.

Shockingly, there are actual reasonable and sane ERA members in the RLM OT....they LOL at the content and LOL at how the RLM threads in the etcetc section are an embarrassing circus....and talk about how there's no point in trying to reason with most of the forum. They might as well just come back here LOL. They seem to be very liberal/left leaning - but not to the extreme SJW level. They probably have their own private chat section where they talk about how crazy the forum has gotten.

They got so upset at RLM's Godzilla: King of the Monsters review when Mike Stolkasa made this joke:

Mike: So we are reviewing Godzilla 2019 aka Godzilla KING of the Monsters...which is SEXIST..because they don't know Godzilla's gender.

That joke got them accusing Mike of being alt right LOL.

And they demonize Ben Shapiro and call him a nazi. They are calling a Jewish guy a Nazi wtf

They won't bring up their Annihilation HitB since it destorys their idea of them being misogynistic.

pel1300

They won't bring up their Annihilation HitB since it destorys their idea of them being misogynistic.
The more rational members bring this up but it just gets ignored. Or they respond with "This isn't a points game where saying one good thing undoes that bad thing"

NickFire

I'll leave this right here just to educate you guys what a "freedom fighter" is
/s

Does it appear to anyone else that there is an overlap between people who are against the second amendment and people who support taking up arms against their political adversaries?

dolabla

oh look a board full of angry comic book movie obsessed men in dresses telling a woman what she should and shouldn't say
/modern feminism

It's true.

Isn't (or should we possibly say now "was") Scarlett Johansson pretty left leaning? These morons love destroying any allies they have :messenger_tears_of_joy:. It's literally a destructive movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom