• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
I do try to post there... I do.

But I’ll be honest, I just don’t want to most of the time. I’m that afraid of saying the wrong thing and get banned, 99% of the time I just don’t bother. I’ve been warned before for saying something that would be utterly harmless in a church...

The mods there are beyond over the top. This post would likely get me banned on there...

I still visit and post there . I am moving away day by day.

And it has nothing to do with the politics like most of you (except for the troubling authoritarianism they accept so easily, I agree with many of it).

Why am I slipping away? The place is filled with pro-industry types to the point I honestly feel it is mostly controlled by mega corporation narratives. Even things like lootboxes and EGS fuckery are defended like they have money on the line.

There is actually a lot of good people there (regardless if you personally don't like their personal politics) but they get railroaded and shamed when they speak out against legit Corporate fuckery. Real corporate fuckery.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

I mean after the Ikumi Nakamura thing this isn't surprising lol. Still can't believe someone legitimately thought she was brainwashed or whatever for liking all the fan art of her

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I do try to post there... I do.

But I’ll be honest, I just don’t want to most of the time. I’m that afraid of saying the wrong thing and get banned, 99% of the time I just don’t bother. I’ve been warned before for saying something that would be utterly harmless in a church...

The mods there are beyond over the top. This post would likely get me banned on there...

Every time I see posts like this, I always think...

Aug8AQw.gif

What is the story with ResetEra. The most I've seen is some pedo accusations flying around and some coverage by Metokur. Otherwise I don't know jack. Its seems real active from the site statistics and there's a load of threads that are basically mirrors of threads here.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Can we stop giving them attention? Everyone realizes they are a cesspool of pure shit and are on their way to losing/banning themselves out of existence. Nobody outside of their echo chamber gives a fuck what they have they say.

This. If anything, NeoGAF should ban anything that's even remotely associated with ResetEra which I like to call AgendaEra because that's exactly what it is. They hate so much stuff and then act is if they're better. They're not and if anything, they're worse because they pretend to be better despite the fact that they're not.

Ol'Scratch

What is the story with ResetEra. The most I've seen is some pedo accusations flying around and some coverage by Metokur. Otherwise I don't know jack.
I would say find out for yourself. You do not have to be a member to browse their threads. Anything you get from here will be from the view of the person giving the information. Why depend on other's opinions?

I would say find out for yourself. You do not have to be a member to browse their threads. Anything you get from here will be from the view of the person giving the information. Why depend on other's opinions?

No doubt. I'll probably go have a look. I just wanted to canvas the general view of it from Gaf as part of the investigation.

Rat Rage

What is the story with ResetEra. The most I've seen is some pedo accusations flying around and some coverage by Metokur. Otherwise I don't know jack.

There are like Nazis, but only on the other end of the spectrum, meaning super far left. They are an echo chamber type of forum (which means, only one type of opinion is allowed, and that is "their" type of worldview).

ResetEra is a prime example of why all "extremes" are not "good".

Roufianos

Can we stop giving them attention? Everyone realizes they are a cesspool of pure shit and are on their way to losing/banning themselves out of existence. Nobody outside of their echo chamber gives a fuck what they have they say.

Sad thing is, companies really do. They've got loads of people fired by this point.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
See my post was just moved here and see that since this topic was created, there's been over 17,000 posts in 15 months. Holy shit, that's fucking insane. Oh well, back to the NeoGAF gaming side.

FUBARx89

I don't think I can link to it, but the topic about the apex legends devs calling someone a dick on reddit is good.

Someone says about reddits smugness and another implying reddit is full of fucking nuts people.

They're literally seeing reddit how everyone sees them.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I thought at one point we shouldn’t give them attention too, but then I realized it’s necessary. We need more communities other than this one routinely pointing out the insanity of their ways, otherwise it will just become accepted and normalized. Frankly, I wish more communities did and exposed them for what they are.

Neff

this is gaf they chose to leave and made their own bed now they have to sleep in it.

I'll say here that as an ex-Era poster I didn't 'leave' GAF as such, and I never aligned with the staff hearsay (in fact I think Evilore got a really fucking raw deal, but hey), I simply went where the community did so I could carry on discussing games with the people I enjoyed discussing games with. So my GAF posting slowed to a crawl and my Era posting career began. And it wasn't until recently that I realised- there's no point. It's not a video games forum. It's an idealist platform operating at the behest of excessive, narrow-minded, fashionable dogma. It's not fun. It's not real. and Ironically, it's not diverse. It's weird. it's fucking scary at times, honestly.

I'm sure there's rational folks who are still there, trying to make the best of it like I was, avoiding political topics as I did, and simply attempting to make Era a nice place to live without having yet realised that they're fighting a losing battle, since it's not going to happen, ever.

Era might be a madhouse, but there's clearly disillusionment and dissent within, and its membership doesn't deserve to be coloured with one brush.

Fuck, I feel like an ex-Scientologist.

Last edited:

Caffeine

I'll say here that as an ex-Era poster I didn't 'leave' GAF as such, and I never aligned with the staff hearsay (in fact I think Evilore got a really fucking raw deal, but hey), I simply went where the community did so I could carry on discussing games with the people I enjoyed discussing games with. So my GAF posting slowed to a crawl and my Era posting career began. And it wasn't until recently that I realised- there's no point. It's not a video games forum. It's an idealist platform operating at the behest of excessive, narrow-minded, fashionable dogma. It's not fun. It's not real. and Ironically, it's not diverse. It's weird. it's fucking scary at times, honestly.

I'm sure there's rational folks who are still there, trying to make the best of it like I was, avoiding political topics as I did, and simply attempting to make Era a nice place to live without having yet realised that they're fighting a losing battle, since it's not going to happen, ever.

Era might be a madhouse, but there's clearly disillusionment and dissent within, and its membership doesn't deserve to be coloured with one brush.

No its true same at the time the community was driving others to go, however I didnt come back here to post some bullshit to get banned, There are tons of good people over there amongst the many gaming community driven areas like fighting game guys or resident evil dudes.
In the end I came to the same conclusion I just wanted to discuss video games and day by day it wasn't that.
So I came back here to post.

Neff

There are tons of good people over there amongst the many gaming community driven areas like fighting game guys or resident evil dudes.

I still frequent the Resident Evil Era Discord, it's a comfy place to hang out, since like you say there's some cool guys there. And it's surprising (or perhaps not so surprising) how often the place derides Era itself.

Thaedolus

Gold Member

In the early days NeoGAF was pretty much down/full of shit posts too. So not only did a large chunk of the community migrate, NeoGAF was unusable. At first I went along with the community and just moved to the "new place," and let it stick, but more and more it started getting just fucking awful over there. And threads like this really highlight some of the shit I didn't even realize was happening. This Ion Fury situation is really gross too. I dunno, I think there are a lot of cool people over there and what the staff is trying to do is somewhat admirable, but they're failing miserably if they think their approach is good or effective.

Michele

you.

Ha... Welcome back, then!

Well, I give also the welcome back to Thaedolus Thaedolus Caffeine Caffeine Rat Rage Rat Rage Kataploom Kataploom Gavin Stevens Gavin Stevens Velcro Fly Velcro Fly

To be honest, I'm surprised that thread about it being harder to post on ERA is still up. I thought moderation would've come back to bite at that by now.

What's new in that thread if I may ask?

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
I wonder if this user thinks it is a bad thing every time Era censors topics.

pSdSXak.png
I didn't get around to screen-capping that one myself. But the bans above is clearly show that "False equivalence" on Era means, "Don't spotlight our hypocrisy." I'm just waiting for 3D Realms to drop that statement so it can set them off all over again.
🍿

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I didn't get around to screen-capping that one myself. But the bans above is clearly show that "False equivalence" on Era means, "Don't spotlight our hypocrisy." I'm just waiting for 3D Realms to drop that statement so it can set them off all over again.
🍿

Yeah the statement is going to be good. You know whatever it is they are going to take issue with it.

Oh, and this is funny...

Last edited:
Right now there's a thread going on about something David Jaffe said on his stream recently.

Further context here.

It seems that even with direct video and audio, there are people who are lying and claiming that he is making fun of a disabled child.

Combine that with the Resetera thread that's filled with what I find to be incredibly petty posts just shitting on him relentlessly. I don't know what to say other than that I find this whole situation to be disconcerting.

Psykotik

Epic game store topics are honeypots for bans. What was the ban for "Trolling"?

You have been banned for the following reason: Drive-By Trolling; Numerous Prior Infractions Including Multiple Ban for Inflammatory Drive-By Posts; Account in Junior Phase (Ban made permanent after review.).

pel1300

I honestly don't think I know of anything off the top of my head that those people actually like. Seriously. Has there ever been a thread about a single human being where they were all in agreement was great? Who is their poster child for "the human being to be." They seem to have an issue with every single person on the planet. They hate every popular video game youtuber, every game dev, every game, every presidential candidate(including democratic ones) every white person, every Jew, every Christian, every conservative, every Libertarian, every comedian, every political commentator.

They set impossible standards and I guaranfuckingtee you these people have more skeletons in their closet than the people they hate. When that weirdo freak trans person Jessica whatever started whining about ball waxing I knew IMMEDIATELY that they were gonna have something sick going on and then we found out they were trying to diddle kids online.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if these RE posters were acting righteous online, but in the real world were up to really sick and creepy shit. It's so often the case. The logic makes sense too, you can't be that angry and hate everyone without some major demons of your own. I don't even wanna know the kinda sick shit those folks get up to.

And it's just gonna keep escalating until they drive away every poster on that site who isn't of like mind and basically became 8chan's alter ego for the left. Just a weird congregation of far left extremists.

Quoted because I can't hit like more than once.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
They keep asking if the DF guys “have chimed in” it is not enough for these people to be right, they have to convince everyone else to think the same way, make sure everyone has the correct response, it’s a fucking role call to make sure everyone is on the same page. “Groupthink in sync?”

You wonder, if they didn’t have the numbers they do and the influence they do, the content of the site would change? Seems like the desire to flex censorship comes from being drunk on the power to do so. It’s an authoritarians paradise

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
He's so angry that he took it out on other posters. What a douche. That place is the worst. I love that the comments of that article include people who think everyone is crazy that posts there

It's Rees "are we the. Baddies?" "No it's the children who are wrong" moment.

Era, you had a Discord full of pedo stuff and some of them poked their head out the bubble becuse a a site covered the story and found out about it.

Ellis

They keep asking if the DF guys “have chimed in” it is not enough for these people to be right, they have to convince everyone else to think the same way, make sure everyone has the correct response, it’s a fucking role call to make sure everyone is on the same page. Groupthink in sync?
D dark10x Don't know why you even bother with the place, dude. Judging by the thread, they'll no doubt be after your balls next unless you also start hating on the game.

P.S where is my MGS1 DF Retro at ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom