• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSlayer

Or here's another example,

SJW's turn everything into identity politics.

3ixHbT4.png

You want to talk about Kojima's games? TOO BAD, you just offended a woman! :messenger_pouting:

Edit: Assuming that "thing" is a woman. It's getting harder to tell with the men trying to pass themselves as females these days.

The main problem is that they equate competence with character.

To them you cannot be good at something,much less one of the best at it, if you're not "a good person"(which is defined by them of course).

Which result with them asking for people who are competent but are "bad" people to be replaced by less competent ones who are "good". Obviously the world doesn't work like that, specially because people who are good at something are rare, and they get mad about it.

I will never forget here on GAF before the split people were mad that Tom Brady was winning the super bowl because he was a trump supporter. Some of them were basically mad at god,karma,divine justice or whatever you wanna call.

GHG

Kojima is next it seems.

Is anything not "problematic" anymore?

Absolute lunacy.

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
The difference is the other side is too kind.

Being a moderate/conservative, you just learn to not shit and piss your diapers and throw them at people when things don't go our way.

This is both a strength and a weakness, as the SJW's clearly exploit this because they know the Conservatives barely retaliate.

I've been left my entire life and I don't throw a tantrum just because someone disagrees with me.

Anyway, I'm not suggesting anyone do anything, I'm just wondering out loud what it would take for people to stop listening to these dumb fucks.

Fake

Kojima is next it seems.

Absolute lunacy.
I don't even dare to enter in that thread.

Saber

Gold Member

Kojima is next it seems.

Absolute lunacy.

Already was expecting that when I saw the video. It's so predictable that is not even news anymore.

It's a shame but they basically have to do it. Patching the game to remove the jokes is a bit idiotic, but whatever. Hopefully we're all able to move past this and enjoy the game for what it is.

They really didn't have to do it. The "review bombing" amounted to like 15 people and that was the extent of the damage caused. Any news outlet that picked this up would have little engagement on the subject because Gamescom would completely drown it out. And yet this won't be enough for them because the people involved won't be getting fired over it. So now you got a PR disaster going all ways, first by bringing awareness to the issue that would have blown over, and second for actually capitulating to the demands of an extreme minority even among the marginalized group effected.

This didn't alleviate the controversy fire, it threw oil on it. Neither side is satisfied here and the only real winners are the Trevor Project.

TrainedRage

Banned
From a Mod... "God forbid Palestinians see people in power from the US who empathize with their plight."
"Of course Bill Maher would blame the oppressed for their oppression and defend the racist and bigoted attacks against Omar and Tlaib."
"Well fuck you too Palestine, I guess."

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA these threads read like an epic troll; against themselves. These morons are legit brain dead. Wait are they "both sides" now? HAHAHAHA centrist asshats!!!!!

Last edited:

theekad

Banned
Every other post over there seems like a barely concealed troll.

You would swear this OP was written by an incel: https://www.resetera.com/threads/dating-apps-suck-for-women.135860/

“Why can’t I, as an introverted 20 year old black girl, find a 22 year old well-rounded, celibate, and wealthy college student who is in the top 5% of physical attractiveness and will pay for me because of the ‘wage gap’? So unfair.”

There has to be some guy behind that post laughing his ass off at all the saps white-knighting for the girl.

Last edited:

nush

Here's a change of pace from politics and ion Fury chat,

This woman sounds like an absolute joy to date! Of course it's the apps and men that are the problem. This post reads almost tailor made to prove those MRA idiots points about women's expectations and dating.

If this post was gender swapped (and it almost could be as it's typical Reeturd whining) the OP would have been insta-banned into the sun.

nush

Every other post over there seems like a barely concealed troll.

You would swear this OP was written by an incel: https://www.resetera.com/threads/dating-apps-suck-for-women.135860/

“Why can’t I, as an introverted 20 year old black girl, find a 22 year old well-rounded, celibate, and wealthy college student who is in the top 5% of physical attractiveness and will pay for me because of the ‘wage gap’? So unfair.”

There has to be some guy behind that post laughing his ass off at all the saps white-knighting for the girl.

Great minds think alike. Damn you got it a minute before me!

JordanN

Banned
uyKg2ce.png

Once again, I am 100% right with complete accuracy. I've been laughed at in the past yet every passing day, I've been proven right time after time.

For those unaware, I''ve been warning that the U.S.A is slowly going to transition away from a democracy and instead, be replaced with a dictatorship via coastal liberal cities stuffing their votes so the rural areas can never beat them.

For Republicans, time is running out. They were suppose to build the wall and crack down on illegal immigration but they've failed to do that. All future elections are soon to be doomed to a popular vote dictatorship.
SJW's cannot elections fairly, so they have to resort to cheating to win. If they get power, they'll abolish the electoral college and grant amnesty to the 10 million illegals living in the U.S.

Republicans would never be able to win elections again.
Also, secret services need to ramp up security 1000%. SJW's are getting more unhinged and bent out of shape by the second. A Trump victory will surely drive at least one of them to commit acts of terror or violence.. They hate the electoral college and want to see it removed so they can create their own popular vote dictatorship. America literally cannot afford such a future.
Resetera nutcases still mad about the Electoral College.

They want a California dictatorship so bad.
Am I a prophet? Resetera continues to prove my fears of a California dictatorship.

Republicans absolutely must show up to the polls in 2018 and 2020. If you don't, America will be filled with crazies from Resetera ruling over you.
Remember when I said California should not dictate the lives of Americans after the 2016 election?

Well, this comes straight from Resetera's mouth.

He was quoting this picture which was comparing several states to that of Peurto Rico.

All those states should be ruled by coastal liberal cities by his logic.
So only California wins? Sorry buddy. America doesn't want to be dictated to by Liberal city states. The rural votes are just as important.

I have a ONE YEAR TRACK RECORD record of making this prediction. And I have not been disproven in the slightest.

This is the real warning for what's going to happen to the USA in the upcoming decade and perhaps other countries as well. They do not wish to win elections fairly. They wish to take control of demographics and pump their ballot boxes full so no Conservative can ever beat them again.

And trust me, if you've seen the anger directed at Trump over the past 3 years, especially when it came to enforcing something as simple as Border Control, SJW's will sure as hell use their majority lead to vote out any Republican that gets in their way.

JcwllNl.png

This is indeed the biggest crisis facing U.S history in my eyes. You can survive wars and being bombed to ashes, but you cannot recover from SJW's who want to increase their voter count to infinite and establish a society that makes it impossible to vote them out.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
eS7v7lU.jpg

And this is 2019. Just wait until you see the new crop of candidates in 2024, 2028 and 2032.

We also know California is also trying to keep Trump's name off the ballot next election. The SJW's will do it, they're just slowly boosting their numbers so no one can challenge them when the actual time comes.

that's not nearly enough to even ignite the flame for debate

generational trends indicate young kids are more conservative than ever, i don't think they're going to support radical measures like this

(and all those senators are chumps)

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
that's not nearly enough to even ignite the flame for debate

generational trends indicate young kids are more conservative than ever, i don't think they're going to support radical measures like this

(and all those senators are chumps)
To which the Democrats will import more voters to offset this. That's why they are fighting so hard to stop the deportations or the wall. It gives them unlimited access to votes the Republicans cannot keep up with.

The path to abolishing the electoral college is as follows.

1. Democrats win an election through a majority.
2. Democrats in control of both houses pass a bill granting amnesty to all the illegal aliens in the USA (10 million+ new votes are now added).
3. As a distraction, the Democrats start a debate about gun control or free healthcare. As America is distracted, they silently use that opportunity to pass a bill or write a hidden clause and end the Electoral College without no one noticing.

Last edited:
Strong disagree on that point. Removing content from a game, even if it's a small thing, based on internet pressure is an insta-refund request. I won't support devs and publishers that don't stand behind their product.

Yeah, sorry but no.
It's one thing to make an "apology" to the tards, but a whole different one to self censor yourself. Not only did they open themself for more attacks and hit-pieces with the dumb as fuck apology, but they also stated they would remove content? Dumb jokes? So we went from self censoring tits and lewd content to stupid jokes? I am not going to support this attitude, this is some major league bullshit and we all know it.
From tits to jokes, the next will be whole narratives and story lines. Mark my words.

Edit: and sending the devs to forced thought policing camps? Come on man, this only gives them power to continue with their shit.

Fair point, but personally I believe we should do a case by case when it comes to this. As I've said, I think it was idiotic that they patched the game, however it was such a minor thing that most players wouldn't even see that I can't get too bothered by it. I don't like it, but I see as a necessary evil once they apologized. Honestly, this should never have been a thing and I hope the game gets remembered right.

They really didn't have to do it. The "review bombing" amounted to like 15 people and that was the extent of the damage caused. Any news outlet that picked this up would have little engagement on the subject because Gamescom would completely drown it out. And yet this won't be enough for them because the people involved won't be getting fired over it. So now you got a PR disaster going all ways, first by bringing awareness to the issue that would have blown over, and second for actually capitulating to the demands of an extreme minority even among the marginalized group effected.

This didn't alleviate the controversy fire, it threw oil on it. Neither side is satisfied here and the only real winners are the Trevor Project.

There's an important distinction here that Resetera is an extremist forum and as such most people are not on that bandwagon. For the regular guy, this could have been a distraction as the message gets muddled. Eventually the game could get branded as homophobic because they never said anything, not denying could be taken as a confession. It's like Resetera gets shitted for being a pedo ring, they never said anything and therefore didn't kill this from the root.

Point is, you have to control the message somehow and this outcome was somewhat inevitable. Ideally you'd see them taking the Vavra route and telling them to suck their dick and balls, but for a larger company it's trickier to do that. I think patching the game was going a bit too far, however I also see it as an unfortunate consequence of having to share an hobby with mongoloids. It is what it is.

crumbs

Fair point, but personally I believe we should do a case by case when it comes to this. As I've said, I think it was idiotic that they patched the game, however it was such a minor thing that most players wouldn't even see that I can't get too bothered by it. I don't like it, but I see as a necessary evil once they apologized. Honestly, this should never have been a thing and I hope the game gets remembered right.

It's definitely tricky, as I suspect that this was a publisher ordered move vs something the devs wanted. I did end up getting the refund, but I would never encourage review bombing or harassing devs or anything like that. Nor do I have a problem with people continuing to enjoy and discuss the game. For me. personally, their actions caused me to not want to own the game. The changes, taken in isolation, are not that big of a deal, but in combination with their other submissions to the mob, left a bad taste in my mouth.

It's definitely tricky, as I suspect that this was a publisher ordered move vs something the devs wanted. I did end up getting the refund, but I would never encourage review bombing or harassing devs or anything like that. Nor do I have a problem with people continuing to enjoy and discuss the game. For me. personally, their actions caused me to not want to own the game. The changes, taken in isolation, are not that big of a deal, but in combination with their other submissions to the mob, left a bad taste in my mouth.

It's unfortunate. The whole thing started after a few Resetera brainlets caught wind of a discord conversation and here we are talking about it instead of cherishing a new Build engine game. This is why we deserve all the open world microtransaction walking simulators we can get lol.

Velcro Fly

Bowing down to the angry mob who just turns around and moves the goal posts anyway. They never cared about what you were saying or your game. They just needed a target for the moment to be outraged at. Then you try to make good and these people still shit all over you.

And there is another EGS exclusive game announced but the dev was respectful and transparent (as if the message of we need money to finish the game was different this time than any other time devs have said it) so people seem mostly okay with it for now. Will likely only take a little bit to get a full blown EGS rage thread going again though. Still get the odd shitlord saying they are going to boycott though. If the Ion Fury review bomb attempt is any indication of ERA's economic power in the games industry, it won't matter at all.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
uyKg2ce.png

Once again, I am 100% right with complete accuracy. I've been laughed at in the past yet every passing day, I've been proven right time after time.

For those unaware, I''ve been warning that the U.S.A is slowly going to transition away from a democracy and instead, be replaced with a dictatorship via coastal liberal cities stuffing their votes so the rural areas can never beat them.

I have a ONE YEAR TRACK RECORD record of making this prediction. And I have not been disproven in the slightest.

This is the real warning for what's going to happen to the USA in the upcoming decade and perhaps other countries as well. They do not wish to win elections fairly. They wish to take control of demographics and pump their ballot boxes full so no Conservative can ever beat them again.

And trust me, if you've seen the anger directed at Trump over the past 3 years, especially when it came to enforcing something as simple as Border Control, SJW's will sure as hell use their majority lead to vote out any Republican that gets in their way.

JcwllNl.png

This is indeed the biggest crisis facing U.S history in my eyes. You can survive wars and being bombed to ashes, but you cannot recover from SJW's who want to increase their voter count to infinite and establish a society that makes it impossible to vote them out.

Nice conspiracy theory. I think you need to take a break from this as it is clearly getting to your head.

This is too good not to share poe's law with added trans diplomatic immunity.

x94y3qq.jpg

It's a great troll that's been up for almost an hour.
Im pretty sure they will eat a ban judging by past bans in the last couple of days....they are just probably thinking of a way to word a trans person as trans phobic

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
uyKg2ce.png

JcwllNl.png

You need to tone it down. You're not some super enlightened entity that sees shit the rest of us are blind to.

You sound more and more like an obsessive narcissist.

What's with the relentless "I told you so" and "I'm right again, I'm always right, BOW TO ME PUNY HUMANS!!" nonsense?

Get a grip dude. You're just another nobody with an opinion. Just like the rest of us.

JordanN

Banned
You need to tone it down. You're not some super enlightened entity that sees shit the rest of us are blind to.

You sound more and more like an obsessive narcissist.

What's with the relentless "I told you so" and "I'm right again, I'm always right, BOW TO ME PUNY HUMANS!!" nonsense?

Get a grip dude. You're just another nobody with an opinion. Just like the rest of us.
This thread isn't about me, but I do like to take opportunities and prove others wrong with facts, especially when it's been shown from time to time, Reset users like to come in here with their disinformation campaigns.

There's nothing more that makes Reset users angry is to see a consistent intellectual strike down their social justice beliefs, especially when said freethinking is seen as being a "trashfire".

WFei0GT.png

Last edited:
C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
This thread isn't about me, but I do like to take opportunities and prove others wrong with facts, especially when it's been shown from time to time, Reset users like to come in here with their disinformation campaigns.

There's nothing more that makes Reset users angry is to see a consistent intellectual strike down their social justice beliefs, especially when said freethinking is seen as being a "trashfire".

WFei0GT.png

Stop making it about you then.

JordanN

Banned
Stop making it about you then.
I just told you dude. Resetters are the ones reading this thread/signing up here to say I'm wrong.
The problem is thus Reset, not me. 🤔
And no, I'm not going to change my ways for them. I'll continue to highlight their flimsy posts and self righteous moderation.

Last edited:
C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
I just told you dude. Resetters are the ones reading this thread/signing up here to say I'm wrong.
The problem is thus Reset, not me. 🤔
And no, I'm not going to change my ways for them. I'll continue to highlight their flimsy posts and self righteous moderation.

I haven't asked you to change anything for them. I don't care about them, I just like to laugh at them from time to time. It's people like you who give them power.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Now Era will be closely watching 3DR waiting for them to slightly fuck up again. Why do companies even have Discords?

ZWgz3xE.png

Now Era will be closely watching 3DR waiting for them to slightly fuck up again. Why do companies even have Discords?

ZWgz3xE.png
I’m sure reeee could give them some hints on scrubbing discord’s......they have done a cleanse of theirs to remove any trace of pedo like content and I’m pretty sure some of the fringe channels have been shut down or policed by different admins

Doesn’t really change anything.....they call pedos rock spiders for a reason....they just hide under another rock

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
They keep asking if the DF guys “have chimed in” it is not enough for these people to be right, they have to convince everyone else to think the same way, make sure everyone has the correct response, it’s a fucking role call to make sure everyone is on the same page. “Groupthink in sync?”

You wonder, if they didn’t have the numbers they do and the influence they do, the content of the site would change? Seems like the desire to flex censorship comes from being drunk on the power to do so. It’s an authoritarians paradise

Seems to me the exodus was orchestrated so that they could become exactly that. The sheep/communities/news junkies got sucked in by scumbags in order to skew the numbers supporting their crusades.

Saruhashi

Banned
They keep asking if the DF guys “have chimed in” it is not enough for these people to be right, they have to convince everyone else to think the same way, make sure everyone has the correct response, it’s a fucking role call to make sure everyone is on the same page. “Groupthink in sync?”

You wonder, if they didn’t have the numbers they do and the influence they do, the content of the site would change? Seems like the desire to flex censorship comes from being drunk on the power to do so. It’s an authoritarians paradise

It is more than likely down to the actual individuals on the site.
If you actively go against them you will be banned so not only do they have the numbers but the people who make up those numbers are either fully "on board" or just not willing to speak up.

I think there is always a question of if the numbers could increase (or could be increasing) as people see the ability to be part of a community that "gets things done".

I've been part of communities before that have gone out of their way to get business in trouble. Not proud of it now but one of the main ones was getting a busy city center pub into trouble over messages on their chalkboard outside. When we "won" there was a big sense of achievement in the community and I am sure ReetardEra is feeling the same just now.

In my defense I was young ans stupid and legit thought we were doing the right thing.

That success felt good at the time though and successes like this will likely bring in more people, which means they can "discover" more obscure stuff, which gives them more opportunity for more "victories".

Those who speak out against this will be banned at worst and at the very least will be dismissed and/or mocked.

For example. Post #19 from their Ion Fury thread:
"Remember guys that while he has some opinions you may or may not agree with, he has not hurt anybody, lets not transform this thread into a witch hunt." Permanent Ban.

Even though that thread has had 1700+ posts since Friday it is pretty much the usual people spouting the usual opinions.

Until the developers decided to bend the knee on around page 28 then the thread became a victory lap and it's the people who wish the devs hadn't caved who are the real triggered snowflakes after all.

Like, they will immediately pivot to "haha you are mad that a pixel got removed from a game" or "imagine getting worked up because a pub can't use a chalkboard anymore" when the truth of the matter is that people are mad because the developers decided to cave in to the demands of a bunch of annoying cunts.

The content on the site will never change. The only lesson learned from this is that they are able to target and influence smaller developers over the smallest things. As they get better at it more people will be "on board".

Last edited:

nush

The only additional people they are going to get "on board" are more socially inept spergs. I'll just wait until next months Ree drama/scandal, this is the third consecutive month in a row they have shown what they are really like to people that are not even members there. They will die a death from a thousand cuts and splinter into other groups. It's fine, I can wait.

The new Halo game is looking pretty great.
rDz1wqv.png

Oh wait, it's just Stinkles going on a moronic rant trying to defend Antifa.
Tell me again why Microsoft hired this guy?

Oh, my god, that thread is full of gems:

How can you be this stupid? Shit like this makes me believe in NPCs, or even solipsism. It's always the same lines repeated like they are evidence:

1. "All those videos of people getting beaten were edited!"
2. "Antifa fights fascists, so the people getting beaten are obviously fascists!"
3. "I've never even heard of Antifa, so obviously they are not a big deal!"
4. "But what about the KKK in 1865?"

Barnabot

This is the first thread on era about THQNordic I ever saw that didnt got shit on it!!!

Ofcourse not...

I think they overtuned this NPC ScribbleD to much in speech. Its making no sense anymore.
CTRL+F Diggeh

fN4MCjE.png

Let's call it a day. Now everyone can feel safe.

GHG

Diggeh would make a fantastic telemarketer. Persistent, knows how to repeat a script ad nauseam and he never backs down or takes no for an answer.

It's a shame nobody is paying him for his endeavours.

Last edited:

Doczu

Is Diggeh the guy that claimed he was a sex slave that was almost snu-snued to death?
Man, he really should go to therapy. Like a real one, not the "Etcetera group hug" kind.

Velcro Fly

THQN threads are a license to troll and is ban bait every time. I feel like the only reason they even allow threads to be made is to weed people out that can't argue without being an idiot about it.

Please don't derail thread (while we allow the same 5 or 6 people to shitpost and troll that will ultimately derail the thread)

The last part there. I'm sure everyone on ResetEra will be buying the game then?
Funny thing is era ticks pretty much the same reasons they don’t like thq for

1)They helped and harboured to hide pedo shit and the users on their discord’s

2) they are militant anti white and suppress or ban any user or people that disagree with them

3) they let their admins and users activily harass and doxx people on the net who go against their views

There's an important distinction here that Resetera is an extremist forum and as such most people are not on that bandwagon. For the regular guy, this could have been a distraction as the message gets muddled. Eventually the game could get branded as homophobic because they never said anything, not denying could be taken as a confession. It's like Resetera gets shitted for being a pedo ring, they never said anything and therefore didn't kill this from the root.

Point is, you have to control the message somehow and this outcome was somewhat inevitable. Ideally you'd see them taking the Vavra route and telling them to suck their dick and balls, but for a larger company it's trickier to do that. I think patching the game was going a bit too far, however I also see it as an unfortunate consequence of having to share an hobby with mongoloids. It is what it is.

The fear of something being labeled homophobic is largely unfounded for what many will see as a 90s throwback game. The audience is largely not the type of people that will see 4th grade level wordplay as homophobic, and those that do likely wouldn't know about it in the first place without this getting signal-boosted by the company itself.

Also I'm not sure how bringing up Vavra makes your point when Voidpoint would kill to get sales like KC:D. Size of company has nothing to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom