• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmimmfn

Just to clear things up here too. It wasn't his comment specifically. Not at all. It's more that the insane number of people who are VERY upset that I was positive about Gears 5 to the point where they're making bad videos about it while clearly not understanding at all what's even being said. It's too much! I was just super fed up and done.

I'm mostly on forum hiatus right now, though (for various reasons), but wanted to make sure that much was clear. I'm just irritated by the reaction especially considering the insane hours it took to finish that darn video last week.
Chin up man, pay no attention to internet nonsense and negativity, its simply not worth it, you do fantastic work, keep it up and I look forward to the upcoming videos( still need to watch the weekends DF retro video but will catch it tomorrow )

Melon

Banned
I know most of this thread is people dunking on ResetEra, but I have to say: I'm not a user there, never really considered posting in their forum - I don't think I'd get banned, I'm pretty lefty and with zero interest in culture war stuff but I'm stubborn and perfectly happy here (though I wish Gaming had less "censorship/SJW/whatever" threads.. :p) . That said, I'm really jealous of their OTs - they get dozens and dozens of pages.

I was looking back through some of the old OTs (such as this one for the original Catherine) and, man, I miss that level of activity. It was great - people don't seem too keen on OTs anymore around here.

It's more personable here, and I like it. They may have us beat in quantity, but we have them beat (by a lot) in terms of quality. I'll take less activity and more fun discussions over a plethora of reeetards sperging out any day.

Komatsu

It's more personable here, and I like it. They may have us beat in quantity, but we have them beat (by a lot) in terms of quality. I'll take less activity and more fun discussions over a plethora of reeetards sperging out any day.

Well, there's plenty of discussion in the other board as well - some users on this thread even mentioned one can ignore the politics.

And you're absolutely correct - we do have many amazing posters. I'm fine right here but I do miss the level of OT activity we used to have. Which is why I've been trying to get our OT schedule pretty aligned with all current releases. GAF hasn't missed a major release OT in months - which is encouraging.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Well, there's plenty of discussion in the other board as well - some users on this thread even mentioned one can ignore the politics.

And you're absolutely correct - we do have many amazing posters. I'm fine right here but I do miss the level of OT activity we used to have. Which is why I've been trying to get our OT schedule pretty aligned with all current releases. GAF hasn't missed a major release OT in months - which is encouraging.
OTs are one thing, but many of us loathe the days of a thousand one word posts returning to the forum and making discussion virtually impossible. Fuck that noise.

Caffeine

10k bans in under 2 years these guys are something else. How many does gaf have not counting that 2017 implosion. is it anywhere near 10k?
they still have adware ads in their off topic side too.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
D

Deleted member 757921

Unconfirmed Member
Just to clear things up here too. It wasn't his comment specifically. Not at all. It's more that the insane number of people who are VERY upset that I was positive about Gears 5 to the point where they're making bad videos about it while clearly not understanding at all what's even being said. It's too much! I was just super fed up and done.

I'm mostly on forum hiatus right now, though (for various reasons), but wanted to make sure that much was clear. I'm just irritated by the reaction especially considering the insane hours it took to finish that darn video last week.

It was/is a damn good video. I don’t understand half to 3/4ths of the stuff that’s being said in those DF videos but they’re still enjoyable to watch.

For every one dumb fuck that speaks out the ass towards the work you do there thousands more who enjoys the final product in silence like myself.

Any who, back to lurking and wish you the best.

Last edited by a moderator:

Love your videos man, especially DF Retro. Awesome work.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
The cult enters phase 2:
Oh please send me! Send me!

crowbrow

Banned
Who is giving their nutjobs moderator status and how haven't their statuses been revoked?
Simple. They ask them how many genders they know of. Anything above 50 is a candidate. Then they ask how many times they have changed their hair color during the last year. And, finally, who were the top 10 canceled people on the internet last week and what was the "problematic" with them (the trick here is you shouldnt mention them cause they are canceled, most fail this last test, only the wokest of the woke prevail)

crowbrow

Banned
The cult enters phase 2:
Gosh, i Imagine a place with someone screaming "POINT OF PERSONAL PRIVILEDGE!!!" every 2 seconds until it all ends up like Jonestown.

CyberPanda

Banned

EECxzvqXsAUEVBl.jpg

Bonus boomer:

EECtP1MXYAAfHTB.png

EECOZegXoAEJqEY.png

ED5OHw5X4AEVHa5.png

EDtT-VsXsAAz_3B.png

EDtPU2GWkAA6oIk.png

EDrJ3twXsAAaq6T.jpg

EDkCYknXUAAboy3.jpg

Last edited:

Psykotik

just wanted to say i enjoy all your video content and it always brightens up my day when i see a new digital foundry video in my youtube feed.

Whitecrow

Banned
D dark10x I hope you get a good rest from the hiatus.
Internet is becoming more toxic every second and there doesnt seem to be a stop and I think that almost everyone here knows how stressful and tiresome it's to deal with the mobs.

A lot of people love your work, but it's also OK to stop and get back to it when you feel like it. Your health is first, yes or yes.

Thaedolus

Gold Member

Well I hope you're able to keep up the output from DF, I really enjoy the retrospectives, and your in-depth takes on all the tech. Even from a really casual perspective, laying out how stuff like the coprocessors on the Saturn work and such has been really interesting. Don't let the fanbois get you down.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

petran79

Banned
Tried to register at Metacouncil.

They require working email address too and ban free addresses. Yet for over a week I receive no email to activate account. Tried a few times to resend confirmation email, no reply.

No way to contact them either because in order to do this I need to have account confirmed first.

I wonder if they are in contact with RE over the banned users email list. When I typed a new password during the registration process, same as the one I was using at RE, a notice appeared that it was compromised and I had to use a different one. Hadnt tried to register previously either.

Tried to register at Metacouncil.

They require working email address too and ban free addresses. Yet for over a week I receive no email to activate account. Tried a few times to resend confirmation email, no reply.

No way to contact them either because in order to do this I need to have account confirmed first.

I wonder if they are in contact with RE over the banned users email list. When I typed a new password during the registration process, same as the one I was using at RE, a notice appeared that it was compromised and I had to use a different one. Hadnt tried to register previously either.
My college e-mail wasn't accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom