• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nush

58778mG.png

jziDMyf.png

jZA3O0a.png
Icemonk191 with the classic Ree ban baiting post there, there's so many Reetards that are as bigger cunts as the mods. Watch out for those "just asking what you really meant" questions.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Icemonk191 with the classic Ree ban baiting post there, there's so many Reetards that are as bigger cunts as the mods. Watch out for those "just asking what you really meant" questions.

That's exactly the kind of bullshit I was calling someone out for when I copped the ban that led me to write that place off. Someone said the Ghostbusters remake sucked and people were baiting him out like they were gonna catch a secret nazi. All I was trying to do was say hey bitches, we can have a discussion about the quality of the movie without drawing lines on who's alt-right or a misogynist or woke. Nah that's dismissive of representation concerns. fuuuuuuck you. I don't like how it seems like the first reply to every thread here seems to just be the anti-Era type shit but at least I don't feel like I'm walking on eggshells when I dare voice an opinion.

gotta love these threads, maybe one day they'll look back at the bullshit.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
That's exactly the kind of bullshit I was calling someone out for when I copped the ban that led me to write that place off. Someone said the Ghostbusters remake sucked and people were baiting him out like they were gonna catch a secret nazi. All I was trying to do was say hey bitches, we can have a discussion about the quality of the movie without drawing lines on who's alt-right or a misogynist or woke. Nah that's dismissive of representation concerns. fuuuuuuck you. I don't like how it seems like the first reply to every thread here seems to just be the anti-Era type shit but at least I don't feel like I'm walking on eggshells when I dare voice an opinion.
The not-so-secret secret is that the ideologues over there see any topic as fair game for baiting and pushing agenda. Remember comrade, "everything is political" and you'd better not forget it. The nonsense would not have started to leak into Gaming section if that was not the truth. They'll keep seeking out juicier and juicier topics (as the obviously-political threads start running dry).

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
You mean “sane”?

Sane is accepting that a cigar is just a cigar in most instances and politics don't need to infect every topic with either SJW or anti-SJW bullshit. Let's talk about games in a game thread, let's talk about game politics in game politics threads, etc. This:

any topic as fair game for baiting and pushing agenda. Remember comrade, "everything is political" and you'd better not forget it.

...isn't any less obnoxious when it's the "other side" doing it, except that around here I can say unpopular shit without copping a ban, and people are willing to engage and talk about stuff instead of getting tiggered and spamming the report button. That is a total breath of fresh air coming back. But I'd much rather have GAF go back to being GAF before the a-woke-ening than being the anti-Era. For the most part I'd say it's there, but that political shit pops up way more than it should outside of the Politics subforum IMO. That's not a critique of moderation here, just how the community in general is letting stuff spill into places it really doesn't need to go to. It's exhausting to worry about every little offense to the SJW crowd, and it's exhausting hearing how any time there's a female lead or a gay character it's supposedly pandering to the SJWs.

This thread: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/woke-reboot-ideas.1502152/

...is funny! But the ratio of talking about wokeness to talking about the shit we're interested in around here, like movies and games, needs to swing a bit back the toward the movies and games side sometimes.

Kazza

Looks like Angry Joe is about to get cancelled. A hate mob is gathering...

Pfj4RPc.png

PtVj6K5.png

TSgfvX3.png

"white, heterosexual, manchildren trash" :messenger_hushed: :

dPrF2v6.png

nKYqjbs.png

This guy is a little scary. He needs to get off sites like Reset before his paranoia leads him to darker places:

0GOJF4b.png

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more

Imagine cutting all the people with different political views out of your life to appease a bunch of randoms on a video game message board.

Kazza

58778mG.png

jziDMyf.png

jZA3O0a.png

That thread is a real trip!

More pearls of wisdom from everyone's favourite ice monk:

NYEwZrv.png

MArHlEs.png

Ip1C7nL.png

I've got a feeling that the mods are taking notes on the people saying that they visit GAF and other "problematic" sites. The user will regret their honest once they get a "duration pending" ban. Reminds me a bit of Mao's Hundred Flowers Campaign:

Yd7hVtR.png

I feel TonyB isn't long for the ResetEra world:

CAeKMKN.png

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Click on Era and these are some of the first topics I see:

brap

Banned
Jesus fucking christ so pathetic. How many funko pops do you think he owns? I bet Captain Marvel is his favorite film.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Sane is accepting that a cigar is just a cigar in most instances and politics don't need to infect every topic with either SJW or anti-SJW bullshit. Let's talk about games in a game thread, let's talk about game politics in game politics threads, etc. This:

...isn't any less obnoxious when it's the "other side" doing it, except that around here I can say unpopular shit without copping a ban, and people are willing to engage and talk about stuff instead of getting tiggered and spamming the report button. That is a total breath of fresh air coming back. But I'd much rather have GAF go back to being GAF before the a-woke-ening than being the anti-Era. For the most part I'd say it's there, but that political shit pops up way more than it should outside of the Politics subforum IMO. That's not a critique of moderation here, just how the community in general is letting stuff spill into places it really doesn't need to go to. It's exhausting to worry about every little offense to the SJW crowd, and it's exhausting hearing how any time there's a female lead or a gay character it's supposedly pandering to the SJWs.

This thread: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/woke-reboot-ideas.1502152/

...is funny! But the ratio of talking about wokeness to talking about the shit we're interested in around here, like movies and games, needs to swing a bit back the toward the movies and games side sometimes.
I understand where you are coming from. There are two things I take issue with though.

1) There is no denying the fact that there has been serious agenda pushing in the games industry for at least the last 5 years. When video games are getting changed because of this agenda, people are going to talk about it. It’s normal. The fact that GAF is now a free-thinking, REEE free zone that doesn’t muzzle people for having an opinion means that open-minded people will gravitate here and converse.

2) It’s a bit rich for someone who followed the mindless herd to ResetEra and only came back a year later to make a single post here lamenting getting a ban over there, then taking another 9 month GAF hiatus before appearing again on GAF to bitch about getting another Era ban, to be dictating how they think GAF discourse should flow.

That’s my 2 cents.

Kagey K

Banned
I only cut other people’s toenails....when they are sleeping...to add to my collection.
Dammit I knew things felt wierd down there this morning. I will thank you you got that ingrown one that had been nagging me for a while.

Please don’t do some voodoo shit with the clippings.

Last edited:

Rien

Jelly Belly
Someone with an account there should PM ItsTonyB and tell him that the place he’s looking for is here.

My mam, gf, parents-in-law are all in Favour for zwarte Piet in the Netherlands. Altough I’m not. In fact I’m again the whole Sinterklaas party.

Should I drop them Gaf?

Last edited:

D-Dude

Someone with an account there should PM ItsTonyB and tell him that the place he’s looking for is here.

My mam, gf, parents-in-law are all in Favour for zwarte Piet in the Netherlands. Altough I’m not. In fact I’m again the whole Sinterklaas party.

Should I drop them Gaf?

Since I am dutch aswell, I can tell you that people ruined a child-festival/event by screeching and fighting (very rare btw) over nothing. I know enough people from Dutch Antilles or Curaçao, and they all don't give a flying fuck. They all hate the Amsterdam pride parade though.. and are quite vocal about it too, not starting about the people from Morocco..
I am pro-sinterklaas and Cristmas, I grew up with it (born in '84) and when it starts it always pleases me when I see people from other cultures celebrating Sinterklaas. And last but not least, 90% of the protesters are white people from rich backgrounds.

And to answer your question, it was sarcasm of course. But I think, if you drop family for stuff like this, esspecially in Limburg (my region) Damn.. people will shun you..

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
That thread is a real trip!

More pearls of wisdom from everyone's favourite ice monk:

I've got a feeling that the mods are taking notes on the people saying that they visit GAF and other "problematic" sites. The user will regret their honest once they get a "duration pending" ban. Reminds me a bit of Mao's Hundred Flowers Campaign:

I feel TonyB isn't long for the ResetEra world:

They are so dishonest and twisted they can't even call it a perma. No courage, just underhanded shit.

Kazza

They are so dishonest and twisted they can't even call it a perma. No courage, just underhanded shit.

I think they just enjoy the power of leaving someone hanging. If they just perma-ban someone immediately, then the kick is over in moment. Give them a "duration pending" and the mods can savour the power they have over the user, drag it out a bit, weight their fate in their hands and then bam, banned.

Fox Mulder

They’re always such drama queens.

“I'm not going to be friends with people who think me, people like me, or agree with people that think I should be dead.”

Yep, that’s totally the view of the average republican.

Last edited:

Rien

Jelly Belly
Since I am dutch aswell, I can tell you that people ruined a child-festival/event by screeching and fighting (very rare btw) over nothing. I know enough people from Dutch Antilles or Curaçao, and they all don't give a flying fuck. They all hate the Amsterdam pride parade though.. and are quite vocal about it too, not starting about the people from Morocco..
I am pro-sinterklaas and Cristmas, I grew up with it (born in '84) and when it starts it always pleases me when I see people from other cultures celebrating Sinterklaas. And last but not least, 90% of the protesters are white people from rich backgrounds.

I’m born in ‘85 so were pretty much the same generation.

My viewpoints in Sinterklaas changed over the years. Tbh the wholy party soured on me and I think it would be better to ditch the whole thing. Tradition is good to have but if it starts to fall out of place it isn’t a bad thing to change. If changing isn’t possible drop it. Waste of everyones times and the children are the one suffering from it.

And to answer your question, it was sarcasm of course. But I think, if you drop family for stuff like this, esspecially in Limburg (my region) Damn.. people will shun you..

I’m from Edam and people will shun you here as well. I disagree with a lot of stuff of friend and relatives.. we just dont talk about it. Also that isnt an agreement we made with each other or something, its just not important enough to fight over which we both realize by thinking ‘nuchter’ (sorry cant find the word in English).

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
They’re always such drama queens.

“I'm not going to be friends with people who think me, people like me, or agree with people that think I should be dead.”

Yep, that’s totally the view of the average republican.

A lot of my family are of the older, hardcore conservative type. Not a single one of them has a problem with any minorities or anyone who is LGBT. They are fine with accepting people as long as they are not hurting anyone. ERA seems to always think Republicans are roaming the streets looking to kill them though. They are the product of posting in a bubble online and not talking to people in real life.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I understand where you are coming from. There are two things I take issue with though.

1) There is no denying the fact that there has been serious agenda pushing in the games industry for at least the last 5 years. When video games are getting changed because of this agenda, people are going to talk about it. It’s normal. The fact that GAF is now a free-thinking, REEE free zone that doesn’t muzzle people for having an opinion means that open-minded people will gravitate here and converse.

2) It’s a bit rich for someone who followed the mindless herd to ResetEra and only came back a year later to make a single post here lamenting getting a ban over there, then taking another 9 month GAF hiatus before appearing again on GAF to bitch about getting another Era ban, to be dictating how they think GAF discourse should flow.

That’s my 2 cents.

1) I’m just skeptical of how much of that is going on and how much it needs to be talked about. In specific threads and instances about that agenda or whatever effects it’s having, fine, but the exhaustion that comes from looking to be outraged by lack of representation is the same as looking to be outraged by pandering.

2) I’m not sure what to tell you except GAF was a husk for a while and a lot of the posters I liked were posting somewhere new. Also, Era has gotten progressively worse as GAF has been getting progressively better/back to where it used to be...sorry I have an opinion on what I’d like to talk about on a video game forum?

now I bet you’re analyzing my choice of the word “progressively”

D

Deleted member 757921

Unconfirmed Member
Some of you are putting a invisible glass ceiling on Gaf limiting how far this site will grow user wise.

Two to three weeks ago I went into a random Pokémon or Astral Chain (Pre launch) thread and the first comment was either a gender identity joke or some women’s right over reaction joke that was clearly a shot at Era made by a user who frequents this thread. I’ve seen similar shots in other threads.

I don’t care about the joke or the fact that the user made that joke because in context I knew the user was taking a shot at Era and it got a slight smile and dumbass remark out of me.

Not everyone who visits this site knows about Era and all the shit the happened a couple years ago. If some fresh blood is lurking the site looking for a new community to join and be part of and if they click on a gaming related thread and the first comment they see is a gender identity joke or some women’s right joke... Out of context that person is going to label this site Transphobic or Sexist.

Bringing Era up and taking shots at Era in unrelated threads is no better then what Era does in every single gaming Era thread they have and it actively undermines what Evilore and his team is doing by making this site more and more user friendly.

Other opinion

I see comments in here saying that Era is dying or is at the very least circling the drain.

I disagree..

That site has legitimacy.. like it or not it has industry support. Devs post there, leakers post there, and gaming “journalist” post there. They give that site credibility and in turn they attract more and more new users.

The site is bleeding old time users lets leak something and have our “journalists” friends cover it which creates more exposure for the site that will bring in new users. What? God of War is a game of the gen contender? Well it’s director posts here from time to time.. the appeal of talking to devs directly is appealing enough for new users to join up.

Resetera was built on more then just NeoGaf old user base. It also took a system of credibility and legitimacy that Evilore and his “old” team took years to create and foster before the community turned on him.

I personally think it’s fucked that other people are profiting of off what Evilore created. What can you do? 🤷🏽‍♂️ The only way Era would go down is if a actual scandal would hit their MOD team or the owner which I don’t think will happen or it’s sold off to a corporate company looking to expose the user base for a profit which I think would actually make that community more bearable since the corporate ownership would tighten down with stricter rules.

Only second post here and they both been in this thread. Patiently waiting for the new Pokémon games to release.

Last edited by a moderator:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Some of you are putting a invincible glass ceiling on Gaf limiting how far this site will grow user wise.

Two to three weeks ago I went into a random Pokémon or Astral Chain (Pre launch) thread and the first comment was either a gender identity joke or some women’s right over reaction joke that was clearly a shot at Era made by a user who frequents this thread. I’ve seen similar shots in other threads.

I don’t care about the joke or the fact that the user made that joke because in context I knew the user was taking a shot at Era and it got a slight smile and dumbass remark out of me.

Not everyone who visits this site knows about Era and all the shit the happened a couple years ago. If some fresh blood is lurking the site looking for a new community to join and be part of and if they click on a gaming related thread and the first comment they see is a gender identity joke or some women’s right joke... Out of context that person is going to label this site Transphobic or Sexist.

Bringing Era up and taking shots at Era in unrelated threads is no better then what Era does in every single gaming Era thread they have and it actively undermines what Evilore and his team is doing by making this site more and more user friendly.

Other opinion

I see comments in here saying that Era is dying or is at the very least circling the drain.

I disagree..

That site has legitimacy.. like it or not it has industry support. Devs post there, leakers post there, and gaming “journalist” post there. They give that site credibility and in turn they attract more and more new users.

The site is bleeding old time users lets leak something and have our “journalists” friends cover it which creates more exposure for the site that will bring in new users. What? God of War is a game of the gen contender? Well it’s director posts here from time to time.. the appeal of talking to devs directly is appealing enough for new users to join up.

Resetera was built on more then just NeoGaf old user base. It also took a system of credibility and legitimacy that Evilore and his “old” team took years to create and foster before the community turned on him.

I personally think it’s fucked that other people are profiting of off what Evilore created. What can you do? 🤷🏽‍♂️ The only way Era would go down is if a actual scandal would hit their MOD team or the owner which I don’t think will happen or it’s sold off to a corporate company looking to expose the user base for a profit which I think would actually make that community more bearable since the corporate ownership would tighten down with stricter rules.

Only second post here and they both been in this thread. Patiently waiting for the new Pokémon games to release.

I agree with your point on sometimes GAF is a bit heavy with social commentary. It seems like some people have to constantly look for it and bring it up on gaming side.

I don’t think RE is really all that relevant. GAF used to have a lot of developers posting. Then things got crazy and most of them disappeared. RE had quite a few at the start, but I’ve noticed most of them stopped posting a long time ago. The majority of the verified people now just have generic titles or are from studios I’ve never heard of. Plus if you look at any social media outside of RE pretty much the entire internet hates the site. Most of the leaks posted on Era are just reposts from places like Reddit or 4chan.

I don’t think it is going anywhere like you mentioned. There are enough users there that even if new sign ups slow it won’t matter much. A lot of people put up with GAF when things got crazy by just ignoring certain threads. I’d imagine a lot of their user base does the same.

I agree with your point on sometimes GAF is a bit heavy with social commentary. It seems like some people have to constantly look for it and bring it up on gaming side.

I don’t think RE is really all that relevant. GAF used to have a lot of developers posting. Then things got crazy and most of them disappeared. RE had quite a few at the start, but I’ve noticed most of them stopped posting a long time ago. The majority of the verified people now just have generic titles or are from studios I’ve never heard of. Plus if you look at any social media outside of RE pretty much the entire internet hates the site. Most of the leaks posted on Era are just reposts from places like Reddit or 4chan.

I don’t think it is going anywhere like you mentioned. There are enough users there that even if new sign ups slow it won’t matter much. A lot of people put up with GAF when things got crazy by just ignoring certain threads. I’d imagine a lot of their user base does the same.
Just to add, there seems to be 2 things that come from that site that makes the “news”.

1. Corporate approved leaks. Picked up by sites because almost every fart on a keyboard is. Things like “it’s not Ghost 2” or “if RE2 sells well, they’ll remake RE3 too” isn’t exactly news. More well duh. But sites need new shit to click on. CBOAT level shit is absent for sure. In fact CBOAT lite is too.

2. Outrage. To be fair sites (even those outside of gaming) will post articles centered around an outrage tweet that has 12 likes. But if you want to write “this happened and people are pissed”, that site seems to have endless inspiration.

Generally I'm not into the whole passionate shitting all over resetera, just seems uncouth. But in this instance it's hilarious how that thread sums up not only that forum but many of the users within. Imagine being so incredibly thin skinned, so unable to handle the slightest differences people have in their beliefs that you walk through life creating a hug box bubble. How were these people raised? How did they end up so insulated.

One of the most important things anyone can learn growing up is how to deal with people. Going through life as a regular contributing member of society you will be in contact with many people who hold different beliefs, morals whatever then you. At work, at school, in line at the store etc. You may not agree with that person but being able to at least get through your day without having a temper tantrum because someone thinks differently than you is vital. It allows you to not turn into a frothing mess like these people, just as important it allows your mind to be left open. To learn, to understand. How can you learn anything if you are just shut off?

I can't recall how many times I've read threads and posts like this, "how can I be friends with someone who is Republican?!" "I don't want to talk to my family anymore cause they voted for Trump and watch Fox News!!" As if their whole identities are wrapped up on who they checked off on a ballot. It fuckin boggles my mind.

The narcissism is staggering. Absolutely staggering. I sometimes wonder how some of those people make it through their day to day lives. Who ties their shoes for them?

Last edited:

Naru

Dude, WTF?! I thought nothing from RE can shock me anymore but what the actual fuck is this?!!?

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Of course they can't be friends with people who don't agree with them 100 percent. I doubt most of them even have friends in real life. They lock themselves up in their little self hating echo chamber and don't converse with outside human beings in fear finding someone outside the hive mind

Dude, WTF?! I thought nothing from RE can shock me anymore but what the actual fuck is this?!!?

If I read that topic here it would be clear shitload thread that everyone jokes and laughs about and moves on after a few pages. I can't help but take the OP serious when I read it on resetera.

Mista

Banned
I started to believe that most of them acts like if they belong there just to get along with the rest. There’s no way the majority actually thinks like this or believe in all the bollocks the other type.

Barsinister

Banned
Last Christmas we argued over the song “Baby, it’s cold outside” for a bit and that was it as far as I remember. Someone claimed to be alive at the time it was written. I think he was lying, though.

Komatsu

Can't agree with this enough. There are times during the week when half of Gaming's first page is made up of culture wars stuff, with people decrying some "woke" piece of news/anime censorship/etc, calling X/Y/Z "cucks", etc.

I personally find a lot of that to be reactionary garbage - for example: why the obsession with LGBTQ, especially trans folks - but I come here enough to understand that it's not representative of the site as a whole. A more casual observer might come to the wrong conclusion, as @Weavile wrote above.

I'm not a ResetEra user, never really considered jumping ship as I'm not here for the politics, but I do sometimes wish the Gaming section of the site was more... on-topic.

nush

There are times during the week when half of Gaming's first page is made up of culture wars stuff, with people decrying some "woke" piece of news/anime censorship/etc, calling X/Y/Z "cucks", etc.
Half? Don't make up bullshit. Let me help you walk it back. "Well it feels like it, it didn't mean it litterally, well the title isn't but the content is". Or you can just make up one of your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom