• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa

Banned
6J7kOj0.png

The last part lol, "your anecdotes are damaging [because you're a man]"

Biden is their best chance of ousting Trump but they eat him anyway 😂

Papa

Banned
Holy shit! Just as I just said.

y0Ial3w.jpg

Here comes Bobby Schroeder showing complete lack of awareness to use the controversy to pimp his own game!

Who is this guy? Does he have a history of these kinds of displays of mental illness?

Falcs

Banned
Mod being jumped on by multiple users. Possible thread closure or demodding imminent. Get in here bros

Page 6. Rev up that popcorn.

Lunatic SJWs. That's what they do. They eat each other alive trying to out virtue signal each other.

Reminds me of this video.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
So any of you joker's feels like suiciding their reeee account posting Alec Holowka's sister new article about her brothers death? Bonus points if you include a link somewhere to the info about Quinn's tweets back then.

It's sorta justified, the sister calls her out in everything but name.

Saruhashi

Banned
So any of you joker's feels like suiciding their reeee account posting Alec Holowka's sister new article about her brothers death? Bonus points if you include a link somewhere to the info about Quinn's tweets back then.

No chance.

My alts are in a holding pattern waiting to see how election night 2020 goes. :)

For now I am just playing the role of the "Good SJW" and not rocking any boats.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I should make a new one with a better name than "Not Xaero Gravity". If I go with the one I'm using right now I'd probably fit right in.

nush

Gold Member

Not worth burning an alt for a predictable result of the topic gaining no traction as they already have thier "truth". Plus it would break the immersion of the characters I've cultivated.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
reading this thread this morning for some laughs
FeistyBoots
Agreed. TERFs aren't feminists - you can't disown, exclude and attack other women and be a feminist.
lol then there has never been feminism ever. just the history of academic feminism alone is filled with exactly that, because infighting & power struggles is just something that happens to every ideology ever, so this is literally incorrect. plus she is saying this in a thread whose sole purpose is attacking other women! irony!

but go off with your ahistorical bullshit definition you are pulling out of your ass. no wonder these people think men can be women. they live in a 100% fantasy and don't even bother researching the movement they think they are part of.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
how about some memes about shooting bad feminists? the Gender Nazis over at Era have you covered...

Kilic95

Today at 7:33 AM

No. That would mean changing this holy image.
4db

I don't get it. That character was never confirmed to be Trans by the creators (and no, a fan-run crunchyroll twitter account, not owned or operated by the creators, doesn't count as confirmation). It is a pretty even split in the community on whether ZombieLand Saga's character is trans or a trap. I lean more towards the latter myself.

crowbrow

Banned
Math is Nazi.
Too late. See

But it's also sexist https://golem.ph.utexas.edu/category/2006/10/so_irigiray_was_right.html

Irigaray examines the systematic suppression of feminine and maternal concerns from the history of Western philosophy in Ce sexe qui n’en est pas un (This sex which is not one) (1977), arguing that valorization of the masculine is destructive to the fluid multiplicity of feminine sexuality.

her analyses of E=mc2E=mc^{2} as a “sexed equation” (because it privileges the speed of light) and her argument that fluid mechanics has been neglected by “masculine” science that prefers to deal with “masculine” rigid objects rather than “feminine” fluids.

So Nazi

Saruhashi

Banned
reading this thread this morning for some laughs

lol then there has never been feminism ever. just the history of academic feminism alone is filled with exactly that, because infighting & power struggles is just something that happens to every ideology ever, so this is literally incorrect. plus she is saying this in a thread whose sole purpose is attacking other women! irony!

but go off with your ahistorical bullshit definition you are pulling out of your ass. no wonder these people think men can be women. they live in a 100% fantasy and don't even bother researching the movement they think they are part of.

It definitely just comes down to infighting and power struggles.

If a group of women have a friend who transitions and tries to pass and is not a complete asshole about the whole thing then I can imagine that they would be more than happy to include their trans friend in whatever they are doing.

Similarly if a trans-woman passes and uses the women's toilet or changing room and doesn't make any kind of big deal over it then I bet the vast majority of people would be cool with that.

People are drawing the line where they see the potential danger in allowing people to aggressively force their way into "safe spaces" without proper consideration and care. I'm talking women's shelters, changing rooms, public toilets even prisons etc.

There needs to be some level of care and tact when approaching that aspect of things and so many just seem to not care about that.

Nobody wants to send their daughter to soccer training only to then get a call to go to the hospital because the coach allowed a "trans-girl" to play contact sports with them and now your daughter has a broken leg. Concerns like this cannot be hand-waved away with "you are a bigot".

It feels like not that long ago we were in a situation where a person, who clearly doesn't pass, trying to access women's spaces to make some kind of "point" about gender equality would be deemed an MRA troll.

We used to see that at women's only 10km races. Where you'd have some asshole show up in full running gear but with a tutu or a wig trying to make a point because we didn't run men only events or the event was discrimination or whatever. We'd all be like "seriously dude, it's a women's event, just let them be" and generally we'd just think those dudes are disruptive assholes. These days? You gotta be careful.

It would be fine if there was some level of politeness or level-headed discussion but there just isn't.

I love how “radical” feminism means you don’t think men are women. These TERFs are so radical because they don’t think a man can get pregnant and deliver a baby! Wow that’s like really extreme and out there! Such a fringe belief! /s

Women who feel they had a lot of rights denied by men might not want to include men in their fight for what they perceive as equal rights. Holy shit the monstrosity of that concept.

As heartbeat storms up the Steam charts, the meltdown, salt and even a little self awareness* (*quickly quashed) increases.

Between Ion Fury, The Joker movie and now Heartbeat the template for anti-woke marketing is being created.
You mean the Streisand Effect? That's been around a long time...

TrainedRage

Banned
No chance.

My alts are in a holding pattern waiting to see how election night 2020 goes. :)

For now I am just playing the role of the "Good SJW" and not rocking any boats.
Same, I am used to the charade at this point. It's like, think of the dumbest take and go with it. I alwayes dogpile. And go hard with the woke high horse virtue signaling.

All you have to do is put a rainbow on your avatars and you get a free pass.

My other two accounts were Thanos'd. I can almost guarantee my 'trainedRage' account had the record for most bans without being perma'd. Wish I could find that info out.

I don't think they will get me now, 3rd time is a charm. It's fun to bait them into eating each other.

Papa

Banned

Papa

Banned
That's what I mean though. Biden won't win. He's also not their best chance either. He doesn't fix the holes in the Democrats' strategy that caused them to lose 2016 in the first place.

None of them do. That’s why they’re continuing the deflection and disruption tactics.

I am becoming hopeful as more and more communities are dunking on the fake woke authoritarian culture like RE. The moment we can have sincere and open discussions is when real progress can be made and acknowledge all the good shit that has happened. Not as antagonists but as people trying to understand each other, have some laughs, and get along.

Last edited:

pel1300

Today's reminder that Ree is probably sponsored by Disney who own Marvel. They are just trying to cancel a corporate competitor, Warner Bros. and DC Comics.

The comic book wars are worse than the console wars in many ways. Marvel vs. DC has been a cult nerd warfare battlefield since before the Internet was invented. Now they are major corporations backing each side, and Disney has more experience fighting the war than anyone.
A proxy war?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
None of them do. That’s why they’re continuing the deflection and disruption tactics.
Nah.

Bernie and Yang understand the working class issue and can overtake Trump in the swing states that Hillary lost (and traditionally speaking should have won).

Tulsie understands the forever war problems and has more "authenticity" as an actual soldier. She's also addressing the working class job concerns as well.

If any of those 3 get the Democratic nomination, they can take back the rust belt, which is what gave Trump the win last time. If the economy stays strong, it won't be easy, but it's possible. They just have to point out that the economy is strong mostly for the people who are already well off.

However, none of that will happen because the DNC will figure out a way to screw them out of the nomination anyway and nominate a loser who will get destroyed by Trump in the end.

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

So apparently making the ok symbol is now the same as wearing a swastika or openly calling a black person the n word.

There probably are people using it as a new hate sign or just for the lolz. It’s just funny how easily something like this is accepted as a hate sign. Apple and Google must support it with emojis.

Wonder when white supremacists start using thumbs up or even a rainbow flag to get those classified as hate symbols too.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
There probably are people using it as a new hate sign or just for the lolz. It’s just funny how easily something like this is accepted as a hate sign. Apple and Google must support it with emojis.

Wonder when white supremacists start using thumbs up or even a rainbow flag to get those classified as hate symbols too.
No doubt there are many reasons to form that shape with your hands. One of the kids he took the photo with is making the same sign. Maybe he is a secret biracial nazi or something, which is a thing people think is widespread these days. Intent is irrelevant.

It’s beyond absurd. I can understand policing people that knowingly use historical symbols of oppression but now we are analysing minute hand gestures. No intent necessary, if your hand forms a perceptible 👌 at any point you obviously want to kill people en mass. What is next labelling eye rolls as hate speech? Your physical behaviour must conform!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom