• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Animal Crossing: City Folk / Let's Go to the City! Thread of Fun & Innocence

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Ack... Lord Helmet, is it too late to get in to your Turnip Buying action?

4898 0083 3133

Name - David

Town - Daytonia

Teknoman

Lord Helmet said:
I just registered you. I dunno how long it takes Nintendo to put it through.

I'm going to leave my gate open for awhile, though I may not be around. Come and go as you need! Just watch the flowers/saplings! :)

Edit: Feel free to grab a hat by the gate too!

Gotcha

If I leave my gate open on Sunday, and go and do something else (go shopping, watch TV, etc) would Joan stick around?

A mate of mine may want to visit in case Joan's offering better turnip prices in my town on Sunday than his but I don't know if she stays available with the gate open.

Cheers in advance.

bengraven

I'm back to the grindstone. I picked this up after getting my fiancee into Wide World a couple years ago. I'm digging it, but I need some fruit! I'll post my friends code when I get home.

I have a few questions in the meantime:

1) easy way to get some fruit? In the GC version we had two towns on two memory cards and just kept recreating the second town on the second mc in order to get one of each fruit. With the DS version I used a friend's DS to get all of the fruit. Any tricks this time?

2) the Auction House: is this only for my friends? Or can I bid on random objects that strangers put up?

3) same goes with the Able sisters. Can I only buy clothes my friends put up? I see 8 designs from people from "Treehut", but I'm assuming these are placeholders.

4) is there any way to make a second town without destroying my main town?

Lord Helmet you saved my whole week :)

so so great. thanks :)

But why do you have so much snow everywhere?

Sorry, I could not stay longer because I have to go to work right now :( So this was just close to impossible and I am SO happy to for not missing it :)

Would be cool if I can get such a Pikmin thingy but I didn't want to pick one up without asking ;)

I hope we see us again soon.

Caesar III said:
Lord Helmet you saved my whole week :)

so so great. thanks :)

But why do you have so much snow everywhere?

You're welcome. Anytime! :)

I "restored" my grass using this tool:
http://actoolkit.game-hackers.com/

My town looked like garbage before doing so. I have myself, plus two other full time players in my game. Plus I fool around with the fourth house fairly regularly.

You need to have the Homebrew Channel installed to take advantage of the actoolkit, plus you will need these tools as well:

http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Save_Extractor

http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Savegame_Installer

I use the actoolkit to restore grass and take get the legitimate DLC that is out there (Pikmin hat). I'm not interested in using it for money or other game-breaking ventures, though I may use it to add another bridge down the road. It's pretty neat to mess around with.

For those coming to sell turnips, I live in the eastern time zone, but I purposely keep my clock set two hours behind because Nook is usually closed by the time I get home and get my kid to bed. :)

Teknoman

Monkeylord said:
If I leave my gate open on Sunday, and go and do something else (go shopping, watch TV, etc) would Joan stick around?

A mate of mine may want to visit in case Joan's offering better turnip prices in my town on Sunday than his but I don't know if she stays available with the gate open.

Cheers in advance.

I think event characters stay when gates are open.

Also cant get into Planet J for some reason.

dkeane said:
Lord Helmet any way you could add me too?
Please?:D

Devan | Weymouth | 0302-3315-5829

You're added!

Teknoman said:
I think event characters stay when gates are open.

Also cant get into Planet J for some reason.

Weird. I had a similar problem with someone else in the past. :(
See if you can find out anything about the error you are getting.

I'm leaving the house for a bit, but I will leave my gates open. My Nook should be open for another hour and 15 minutes. Good luck everyone!

back from work.

wow what is possible with this hacking tool. But I have 3.4U :) I don't want to mess something up.

Now it's 7am here and I'll go to bed :lol

btw: My game did not find any city at the first try. The second one was successful then.

d+pad

Lord Helmet said:
I "restored" my grass using this tool:
http://actoolkit.game-hackers.com/

My town looked like garbage before doing so. I have myself, plus two other full time players in my game. Plus I fool around with the fourth house fairly regularly.

You need to the Homebrew Channel installed to take advantage of the actoolkit, plus you will need these tools as well:

http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Save_Extractor

http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Savegame_Installer

I use the actoolkit to restore grass and take get the legitimate DLC that is out there (Pikmin hat). I'm not interested in using it for money or other game-breaking ventures, though I may use it to add another bridge down the road. It's pretty neat to mess around with.

For those coming to sell turnips, I live in the eastern time zone, but I purposely keep my clock set two hours behind because Nook is usually closed by the time I get home and get my kid to bed. :)

Hey there Lord Helmet - do you have to start over when making use of this actoolkit or can you use it with an already-in-progress game?

The only reason I'm interested at all is that I'd like to restore my grass/snow, but I definitely don't want to do it if it's going to wipe out my current save file...

d+pad said:
Hey there Lord Helmet - do you have to start over when making use of this actoolkit or can you use it with an already-in-progress game?

The only reason I'm interested at all is that I'd like to restore my grass/snow, but I definitely don't want to do it if it's going to wipe out my current save file...

No need to restart. You can use your current save. Just be sure to make a backup before editing the save. I've haven't screwed anything up yet, but better safe than sorry.

When you run the save game extractor, it will dump the save to your SD card. Look for a folder named "WII" and then a subfolder named "RUUE." Use the actoolkit and open the file called RVFOREST. Navigate to Town>Grass>Restore. Then be sure to save the file (File>Save) and move it back to the SD card. From there, run the save game installer to move it back to the Wii. That's it!

VAIL

I need some fruit, I have oranges/pears/coconuts.

4124-9225-3964
Town:Burpton
Name: Vail

pm me with your info if you add me.

bumpkin

Hey all, does anyone with apples, coconuts or peaches in their town want to trade friend codes? Those are the three fruits I'm missing. :(

Here's some pics I took today...

"Your mom is a classy lady" t-shirt
RUU_0009.JPG

A shot of my house w/ all the neat trinkets I've amassed thus far
RUU_0011.JPG

Teknoman

shale_p136_72.JPG

Gotta find another now...since Grizzly bought mine today (flea market). Just barged in my house and started trying to buy stuff.

Teknoman said:
http://www.press.uchicago.edu/books/nouvian/galleryimages/shale_p136_72.JPG

Gotta find another now...since Grizzly bought mine today (flea market). Just barged in my house and started trying to buy stuff.

lol - I just sold about 8 football fish to Nook about 10mins ago. Spent a couple of hours last night trying to catch a Coelocanth as it was snowing and didn't get one, but I kept all the expensive fish ready for selling today. Even got about 6 lobsters and a couple of tuna - but not a single Coelocanth. Bastards!

Also, I finally found a use for Brewster!

Drink enough hot coffee and he'll be more chatty. If you visit him with some gyroids in your pockets he'll store them for you for free. That way you can build up a collection without taking up all your room.

Nifty

jibblypop

Banned
Monkeylord said:
Drink enough hot coffee and he'll be more chatty. If you visit him with some gyroids in your pockets he'll store them for you for free. That way you can build up a collection without taking up all your room.

Ya my girlfriend pointed that out to me! I was very pleased about it!

Do you know if he holds doubles of certain gyroids or only one of each? I've never dug up a double yet to try to give him.

Kimi

bumpkin said:
Hey all, does anyone with apples, coconuts or peaches in their town want to trade friend codes? Those are the three fruits I'm missing. :(

bumpkin if you still need any of those fruits let me know. I have all fruit but recently did a massive selling spree to get $$ to take advantage of 50% off at GracieGrace. :D

4081-9175-0646
Kwerty
DingDong

jibblypop said:
Do you know if he holds doubles of certain gyroids or only one of each? I've never dug up a double yet to try to give him.
He'll say something like "I've got limited space back here, so let's not do the doubles thing."

jibblypop

Banned
JoshuaJSlone said:
He'll say something like "I've got limited space back here, so let's not do the doubles thing."

oh cool thanks. i was kind of hoping it would be like that so i could keep a neat collection there.

Koomaster

If you have multiples of a gyroid, feel free to keep them and set them up to see how they interact to music.

I dug up 2 Dekkoids the other day, and had a 3rd in storage. So I took them all and set them up in my house, and they all have different rhythms to the music despite all being the same gyroid.

lyre

In celebration of the upcoming SF4, even Animal Crossing got caught up in the hype:
95tqf7.jpg

Until, of course, you see the other side:
1zd22qd.jpg

Oh great, even Cube got caught up in the hype (damn that love-able fatass). Ah well, time for some arcade action!
14niyoo.jpg

I really lucked out yesterday and found a Jacob's Ladder. But I was a bit confused at first because I thought they only appeared in "Perfect" towns. So checked with Pelly and low and behold she said my town was "Perfect". (She never actually says "perfect" but I checked around and the script checked out.)

The funny thing is, I haven't even started trying to prep my town for "Perfect" status, I've planted very few new trees and I hadn't even began to map out my acres. (I was waiting until I got a Silver or Gold axe from Serena.) But I have been buying and planting all the flowers Nook sells everyday ever since I started my file. My town is covered with them and I guess that was enough to push me over the top. Though, if I didn't find that Jacob's Ladder, I wouldn't have even thought to check with Pelly since I wasn't expecting to reach this status so quickly. Now all I got to do is monitor is for two weeks and the Golden Watering Can will be mine! :)

Koomaster

Gunloc said:
I really lucked out yesterday and found a Jacob's Ladder. But I was a bit confused at first because I thought they only appeared in "Perfect" towns. So checked with Pelly and low and behold she said my town was "Perfect". (She never actually says "perfect" but I checked around and the script checked out.)

The funny thing is, I haven't even started trying to prep my town for "Perfect" status, I've planted very few new trees and I hadn't even began to map out my acres. (I was waiting until I got a Silver or Gold axe from Serena.) But I have been buying and planting all the flowers Nook sells everyday ever since I started my file. My town is covered with them and I guess that was enough to push me over the top. Though, if I didn't find that Jacob's Ladder, I wouldn't have even thought to check with Pelly since I wasn't expecting to reach this status so quickly. Now all I got to do is monitor is for two weeks and the Golden Watering Can will be mine! :)
Good job! And yeah, having excess flowers makes up for the lack of trees. As long as you don't have an acre that has too many trees, you can get perfect status with flower count alone. ^____^

Since I haven't posted pictures in a while...

RUU_1259.jpg

Happy Groundhog Day! Be sure to visit the mayor today in front of Town Hall to receive your Resetti model. It was an awesome surprise, I love it!

RUU_1198.jpg

Last week, Roscoe greeted me on my birthday when I walked out of my house. I got letters from all my neighbors and everyone was nice throughout the day to me. Even Rover noticed it was my b-day when I started up the game.

RUU_1201.jpg

Roscoe also baked me a birthday cake! Had to remove some turnips in order to put it in my house. ^_____^

RUU_1226.jpg

Finally got my golden axe from the fountain spirit...

RUU_1234.jpg

And on the same day I got my golden watering can from town hall! :D

jibblypop

Banned
I finally met the guy that gives out the prizes today in the city! :D

I chose the bunny balloon! I'm surprised it took me this long to see him..

PS I've decided that from now on I will always open my gate first thing when I start playing. So my gate will be open at least 1 hour per day (usually somewhere between noon and 7pm eastern time)

lyre

Animal Crossing: Let's Go To The City (PAL) players can has a Pikmin hat this week! Just leave your WiiConnect24 on and it comes via letter.
Lucky bastards!

Nintendo.co.uk said:
06/02/2009
Pick up a special Pikmin hat in Animal Crossing this week!
NI_Wii_ACPikminHat.jpg

If you’re an Animal Crossing enthusiast, read on! For the next seven days (from February 6-12) you can get your hands on a very special item in Animal Crossing: Let’s Go to the City to celebrate the launch of NEW PLAY CONTROL! Pikmin for Wii.

If you have your Wii connected to the Internet, you’re already half way to receiving a stylish Pikmin hat that will make you the envy of all your friends! Read the tutorial below to find out how you can ensure this exclusive gift makes it to your mailbox.

lyre said:
Animal Crossing: Let's Go To The City (PAL) players can has a Pikmin hat this week! Just leave your WiiConnect24 on and it comes via letter.
Lucky bastards!

Awesome... it's a good job I play every day. I still need a snowman lamp to complete the series -wonder if the snowman I made yesterday sent me one? I keep getting fridges and carpets from them :(

Can you only get one of them? I have a couple of friends that will want one. I wonder if adding a couple of dummy residents would do the trick?

satori

Same, I have a few turnips that I have that needs to be sold. My town is selling for 30 bells... If anyone have anything higher would be great!

Koomaster

RUU_1275.jpg

Been donating so much money lately the town finally decided to build a Windmill... of course it crushed a bunch of scallops and coral I was saving in that area. I thought it would be built on the other piece of land that juts out into the sea. ^____^;;

Anybody wanna do me a big favor and sell me 3 of any kind of fruit that isn't a pear? I don't know anyone else who owns this game and my girlfriend and I are having trouble paying off our mortgage without some decent orchard income (100 a pear is just too time-consuming.)

I'll give you 5,000 bells for 3 of any fruit besides pears. Please PM me your friend code. Mine is 4511-5702-6650.

Kimi said:
Anybody get the Pikmin hat in their mailbox that was talked about on Kotaku today?

The Pikmin Hat started distributing last Fri... and I still haven't got it despite checking every day (which I do anyway, lol).

Just one day left, and I'm beginning to think I won't get it :(

reggieandTFE said:
Anybody wanna do me a big favor and sell me 3 of any kind of fruit that isn't a pear? I don't know anyone else who owns this game and my girlfriend and I are having trouble paying off our mortgage without some decent orchard income (100 a pear is just too time-consuming.)

I'll give you 5,000 bells for 3 of any fruit besides pears. Please PM me your friend code. Mine is 4511-5702-6650.

I managed to get all the fruit by simply mailing a pear (my native fruit too) to each resident in my town. I used the line "Have some fruit" and after 2 days of sending I finally got a ton of fruit in the mail, at least one of each.

If you don't get to go online, try that.

lyre said:
Lucky bastards!
Nintendo.co.uk said:
06/02/2009
Pick up a special Pikmin hat in Animal Crossing this week!
NI_Wii_ACPikminHat.jpg

If you’re an Animal Crossing enthusiast, read on! For the next fourteen days (from February 6-12) you can get your hands on a very special item in Animal Crossing: Let’s Go to the City to celebrate the launch of NEW PLAY CONTROL! Pikmin for Wii.

If you have your Wii connected to the Internet, you’re already half way to receiving a stylish Pikmin hat that will make you the envy of all your friends! Read the tutorial below to find out how you can ensure this exclusive gift makes it to your mailbox.

My Pikmin hat still hasn't turned up... I checked NoE's website again (same link as above) and they've now extended the promo by another week to 6th-19th Feb.

So if, like me, you still haven't received your Pikmin Hat you still have a whole week for it to arrive :D

Artadius

Anyone still have Nook's open and have a decent price for Turnips? I'm not picky, I'll take anything 90 or above so I don't lose my ass this week :\

James @ Lilville

4941-0687-4207

jibblypop

Banned
I haven't had time to play the last week because I had to work too much. So this week
I am stocking (stalking!) up on turnips and ready to go!! :D

d+pad

Wow, this thread has died. Anyone still playing the game around here?

I'm finally getting a lighthouse in my town - probably early next week. Yay!

Also, I finally achieved 'perfect town' status - and I didn't even have to resort to all of that 'laying down tiles' shit. I just planted a lot of trees and flowers - spacing them out around town, of course. Hopefully I'll get some Jacob's Ladders soon, and that golden watering can.

Will post pics in a bit...

jibblypop

Banned
d+pad said:

I'm finally getting a lighthouse in my town - probably early next week. Yay!

Also, I finally achieved 'perfect town' status - and I didn't even have to resort to all of that 'laying down tiles' shit. I just planted a lot of trees and flowers - spacing them out around town, of course. Hopefully I'll get some Jacob's Ladders soon, and that golden watering can.

Will post pics in a bit...

I'm still playing obviously. Did we swap friend codes? I'm having trouble finding people online anymore.

Koomaster

d+pad said:
Congrats on the perfect town status and the lighthouse!

And yep, I'll always be playing long after this thread has officially died. :p I just haven't posted much since I noticed interest in the thread has gone down; I didn't want to spam up the place. This coming week though someone in my town mentioned some festival that is taking place, so I will probably post some pics from that if it's interesting. :)

Today I bought 17,000 turnips @ 91 bells a piece. I think this is as far out on a limb as I have been in terms of investing in turnips so far in this game. Made 1.5Mill last week on turnips which I used to fund today's purchase, so I'm hoping to double that investment at the very least. We'll see.

Top Bottom