• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official bitching about Hudson abandoning VC support. [VC/WiiWare = lost cause]

Jiggy37 said:
Played 46 minutes of Lolo. Awesome stuff, and I don't even usually like puzzle games that much. Buy it, people. It'll own you and you will like it for every moment.

Now to Galaga...

lolo 3 is supposedly the best.

Haunted

If I wouldn't own the GC Waverace, I'd totally download Waverace 64.

Kobun Heat said:
lost1_2.jpg
:lol

tetrisgrammaton said:
i would probably buy waverace if i wasn't almost out of system memory :(
Wait, your blocks/space ran out quicker than the free channels in the interface?

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Jiggy37 said:
Played 46 minutes of Lolo. Awesome stuff, and I don't even usually like puzzle games that much. Buy it, people. It'll own you and you will like it for every moment.

Now to Galaga...

This just made me wonder, is there a way in the Wii to sum up how much time you've spent on an individual title? I know the calendar sends you those daily messages breaking down the time for each game and then totalling it for the day, but I've never noticed if there's a way to see a global total...

Sharp

SanjuroTsubaki said:
I prayed last night for Super Metroid......there is no god.
Even Japan hasn't gotten it yet though. Every night I dream of a world in which Super Metroid is on the Virtual Console, but I know that these things take time. They have to unlock the heavily guarded jewel-encrusted safe in which the original ROM is kept, which is proving problematic as it only responds to Gunpei Yokoi's voice.
More seriously, before they release the game they probably want to make sure the emulation is as close to perfect as possible, since the SM fanbase is pretty rabid.

Sharp said:
More seriously, before they release the game they probably want to make sure the emulation is as close to perfect as possible, since the SM fanbase is pretty rabid.

I doubt Nintendo cares about that, at all. :lol

Sanjuro

Sharp said:
Even Japan hasn't gotten it yet though. Every night I dream of a world in which Super Metroid is on the Virtual Console, but I know that these things take time. They have to unlock the heavily guarded jewel-encrusted safe in which the original ROM is kept, which is proving problematic as it only responds to Gunpei Yokoi's voice.
Metroid isn't popular in Japan. We would/should/could get it first.

CANLI

Jiggy37 said:

Now to Galaga...

Future DS version confirmed!

Ranger X

tetrisgrammaton said:
lolo 3 is supposedly the best.

It's not that kind of series where the sequels eclipses the previous installment. It's a sad loss if you're not playing all 3.
The second and third are more like "add-ons game" if you wish. (not that they aren't great as a stand alone game mind you)

Anyways, law says: "You like Lolo = you buy all of them". This or death penalty. :)

Sharp

Vyse The Legend said:
I doubt Nintendo cares about that, at all. :lol
I don't. The emulation quality from Nintendo's own games, at least the 2D ones, has for the most part been very good, and they have always explained when there are discrepencies. Moreover, this is Super Metroid. If Nintendo didn't know the title's reputation and wasn't worried about bad emulation they would have ported it to one of their handhelds by now.

TJ Spyke

That's what I was thinking. The Metroid series has always had poor sales in Japan and strong sales in North America, hence the reason why all the Metroid games since Metroid Prime have been released here first. So we should get Super Metroid first (unless Europe gets it first like they did for the original Metroid VC release).

jarrod

Banned
TJ Spyke said:
That's what I was thinking. The Metroid series has always had poor sales in Japan and strong sales in North America, hence the reason why all the Metroid games since Metroid Prime have been released here first. So we should get Super Metroid first (unless Europe gets it first like they did for the original Metroid VC release).
Actually, Metroid and Super Metroid both sold the most in Japan. The only games in the series to ever really tank in Japan was the Prime stuff.

Tarazet

jarrod said:
Actually, Metroid and Super Metroid both sold the most in Japan. The only games in the series to ever really tank in Japan was the Prime stuff.

Gee, I wonder why? Couldn't be because they can't play FPS due to motion sickness, could it?

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Duderz said:
Any Kawasaki ads in WR64? Or are they replaced with the DS and Wii logos?
http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/08/virtual-console.html said:
Gamers who download Wave Race 64, the 1996-vintage N64 jet ski racing game that hit the Wii's Virtual Console download service this morning, might be shocked to find something not-so-retro in the $10 game.

Banners for the Wii and Nintendo DS Lite systems are hung up all over the game's race tracks. The reasoning is clear, if you've played the original game: the banners used to be ads for Kawasaki jet skis. Rather than renew a 10-year-old advertising deal, Nintendo swapped it out with very anachronistic replacements. Sure, they could have added generic Nintendo 64 logos, but why waste precious marketing opportunities?
165fs247362.jpg

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
mcgarrett said:
Damn. I want to download Galaga '88/'90 but the shop channel is down for maintenance? Never seen that before.
The maintenance is to get ready for the amount of people who will be flooding it next Monday to download Earthbound.

VerTiGo

Banned
Wave Race 64 is one of my all time favorite games. MUST DOWNLOAD. I loved everything about it. ESPECIALLY THE MUSIC.

BTW. I do think Wave Race Blue Storm has better gameplay but it's not as accessible as the original so I think that turns away quite a number of gamers. I loved how the weather effects made the tracks unpredictable and the implementation of the lean function. It has a lot more depth. Great music in that one too.

Both games are two of my favorite games/arcade racers ever. If there isn't a Wave Race for the Wii -- I will be severely saddened.

gkryhewy

This had better be some absolute balls to the wall maintenance. Prevented from downloading Wave Race for 4 hours+! Here's a tip: next time do your maintenance on a wednesday or something.

Somnid

If you use a browser there is a message that says "New Wii Shop Channel Features!" on the main page but the page it links to is blocked for me. Still not up for Wii users.

Somnid said:
If you use a browser there is a message that says "New Wii Shop Channel Features!" on the main page but the page it links to is blocked for me. Still not up for Wii users.

OH SNAP, Megaton coming. Wii Shop Channel to start selling GTA.

Somnid

Sharp said:
It always says that after an update. Figure out what's really new.

Well it was small update (went really fast). What version are we on? It says 2.2U now but I don't remember if that's what it was.

Sharp

Somnid said:
Well it was small update (went really fast). What version are we on? It says 2.2U now but I don't remember if that's what it was.
I have no idea what version we were on before. Doesn't it usually update before a new channel comes out?

fernoca

Somnid said:
Mine was 2.2U before the update...
Now it's at... 2.2U .. :|

I just got an update too. No notification, but I set up an internet connection earlier today and chose to check for an update, with nothing happening.

This looks to be something like Check Mii Out. Although...why would the shop have to be taken offline for something as simple as a new piece of software?

WIIWARE

Somnid

Sharp said:
I have no idea what version we were on before. Doesn't it usually update before a new channel comes out?

Yes the parental controls are added for new channel via firmware updates. I did a quick scan of the VC images on the server, no new Wiiware I can see, yet...

Top Bottom