• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official bitching about Hudson abandoning VC support. [VC/WiiWare = lost cause]

I went to download it, but the shop was down.

I played Mario 64 to kill time and I only have about 57 stars in my Wii game (120 on N64, much less on my DS version). But im playing on Shifting Sand Land and wow, getting the 6th star is really hard, I cant fall from the platform to the one under it and then the other one is really freaking hard, it could be because im spoiled by good cameras now.

Yeah I just did a hard kill to turn off the system and when I turned it back on there was a clock on the Wii Menu and it's at 3.0U now. Also another update coming.

EDIT:
1. The ability to move address book entries has finally been added, but only to empty spaces it seems.
Clock on main menu.
Minor status showing in Weather Channel on the Wii Menu (moon cycle?)

2. Time indexes on Message Board are colored differently.

TJ Spyke

I just turned my system on to do a update. 5 minutes later and the bar has barely moved, it looks like it's less than 5% done. Fuzzy, are you talking about the same update?

Better be something good for such a long wait.

EktorPR

TJ Spyke said:
I just turned my system on to do a update. 5 minutes later and the bar has barely moved, it looks like it's only 5% done. Fuzzy, are you talking about the same update?

Same is happening to me...but its more like 25%. What the heck is happening here?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I just updated it again and now have 3.0U but all it said was the Parental Controls were updated and it added a clock to the Wii Menu.

Something is serious wrong with your connections if that took you guys very long.

EktorPR

The thing is...the update stopped. Message on screen appeared saying "Unable to download blah blah", when I go back to the Wii Menu, BAM: 3.0U

fernoca

Fuzzy said:
I just updated it again and now have 3.0U but all it said was the Parental Controls were updated and it added a clock to the Wii Menu.

Something is serious wrong with your connections if that took you guys very long.
Well, not everyone has Internet 2 like you.. :p

In case you guys didn't see it:
EDIT:
1. The ability to move address book entries has finally been added, but only to empty spaces it seems.
Clock on main menu.
Minor status showing in Weather Channel on the Wii Menu (current weather condition)

2. Time indexes on Message Board are colored differently.

TJ Spyke

So the update is pretty worthless, with the main thing being a clock on the main menu. I was hoping for something good like a demo channel considering how long the update takes (and going from 2.o to 3.0 in the firmware).

fernoca

TJ Spyke said:
So the update is pretty worthless, with the main thing being a clock on the main menu. I was hoping for something good like a demo channel considering how long the update takes (and going from 2.o to 3.0 in the firmware).
Ehr.."Big updates" are usually released earlier during the day and with a press release...

Of course they weren't going to do a press release for a clock and minor internal updates.. ;)

TJ Spyke said:

A new channel will probably be available later. The Shop Channel is still under maintenance.

fernoca said:
Ehr.."Big updates" are usually released earlier during the day and with a press release...

Of course they weren't going to do a press release for a clock and minor internal updates.. ;)

The Everybody Vote Channel was released pretty late if I remember correctly. I wouldn't be surprised to see a new channel available once the Shop will be "reopened"

4xosv42.gif

Linkzg said:
crap, I cant remember what the old firmware looked like now, but its nice to have a clock (I just noticed my time was an hour off.)

Yep same here.

It's pretty much a certainty that Check Mii Out is about to go up. Woot.

fernoca said:

I'm sure it'll happen (the trolling) but chances are a bunch of Wii owners would like to know anyway. The thread is up.

1.i'm pretty sure the scrolling sound effects when reading messages on the messageboard are different.

2.Plus when you try to update, it tells you about holding the power button to turn it off in case it stops or something like that.

3.The news/forecast channels now say " wii connect24 standby connection is not on, therefore this channel can't be used." It used to say something like "wii connect24 is turned off. it must be on to use this channel".

3.0 confirmed!!!

DMczaf

Popular Titles

Paper Mario
Super Mario Bros
Super Mario Bros 2
Mario Kart 64
Super Mario World
Super Mario 64
Punch Out
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Shining Force
The Legend of Zelda

Ristamar

DMczaf said:
Popular Titles

Paper Mario
Super Mario Bros
Super Mario Bros 2
Mario Kart 64
Super Mario World
Super Mario 64
Punch Out
Shining Force
The Legend of Zelda

That's a lot of Mario, not surprisingly.

ethelred

DMczaf said:
Popular Titles

Paper Mario
Super Mario Bros
Super Mario Bros 2
Mario Kart 64
Super Mario World
Super Mario 64
Punch Out
SHINING FORCE
The Legend of Zelda

This pleases me.

DMczaf

Oops, I forgot the 2nd page

Popular Titles

Paper Mario
Super Mario Bros
Super Mario Bros 2
Mario Kart 64
Super Mario World
Super Mario 64
Punch Out
Shining Force
The Legend of Zelda

Star Fox 64
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Donkey Kong Country
Kirby's Adventure
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Street Fighter II Turbo
Kirby's Dream Course
Pac-Man
Excitebike
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest

Jiggy

I wonder what criteria this data is organized by... It's cool, but I'm just curious. I don't see any way Paper Mario is the top seller over Super Mario Bros., and Kirby's Dream Course is an especially strange appearance on there. Maybe it's some kind of combination of lifetime sales and recent sales.

TJ Spyke

They might not be in any specific order. It could be like "Here is a list of some of the most popular games in no specific order".

Top Bottom