• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official démenti of the buyout rumour from CDPR's CEO

boskee

https://www.cdprojekt.com/Forum,t,377,topic_page,54#post-3774

Zwykle nie komentujemy plotek, jednak ta o sprzedaży naszego studia zatoczyła już za duże kręgi i czas ją zdementować. W imieniu swoim i całego zarządu oznajmiam: Nie, nie prowadzimy rozmów dotyczących sprzedaży CD PROJEKT RED ani GOGa.
A przy okazji, dokument potwierdzający wiarygodność źródła nie jest prawdziwy...

Usually we don't comment on rumours, but it's time to deny the one about takeover because it spread too far. In the name of the board, I would like to state: No, we are not in any talks about the sale of CD PROJEKT RED or GOG. Also, the document verifying the identity/credentials of the source is not real.

Edit: Eurogamer has an article with Iwinski saying the same thing: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...egarding-selling-cd-projekt-red-or-gog-period

stryke

Can't believe we had to go "official" to silence the rumours. People were still doubting in spite of tweets and that forum post.

boskee

Can't believe we had to go "official" to silence the rumours. People were still doubting in spite of tweets and that forum post.

Well, they had to do it, because it may have affected their stock. Someone bought over 80 000 shares this morning alone.

Madness

What's that saying, 'a lie can travel halfway around the world before the truth can even put its boots on'? It's crazy how fast the social media era spreads misinformation. My saying itself is a misattributed quote that has been described into different words over the past centuries. Crazy that some random anon can cause them to release an official statement like this because people actually believed it.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
"We don't comment on rumours and speculation, except when the collective gamer internet are acting like colossal fucking dumbasses."

Renekton

A combination of Geralt and Morrigan might beat out Geralt and Yennefer on the fierce power couple front.
Vivienne would hate the Lodge so very much.

Alistair making fun of Geralt's "herbs" and comparing Witcher to Warden enrollment death rates.

Geralt ploughing both Morrigan and her mum.

Elios83

It's a bit weird that they're denying it so strongly honestly.
The stock usually goes up when there's a rumor of a possible acquisition by a bigger and richer company.
On the contrary the public leak of early negotiations (if they exist) could make them seem really unprofessional in the eyes of their potential business partners.
Who knows....maybe it's nothing and all the EA rumor was totally made up but quite frankly I think they will become the target of acquistions in the future.
They have proven they can make games that sell million units, that are praised by the critics and all that done with a small budget for the scale of the project.
Every big publisher should keep an eye on them and once the offerings go up it's difficult to say no and stay independent. We'll see though.

PranooY

Anyone who thought the rumor had any weight needs their head examined.
Like this guy? :p
tumblr_m58450bC9C1qdoqnm.gif

Vivienne would hate the Lodge so very much.

Alistair making fun of Geralt's "herbs" and comparing Witcher to Warden enrollment death rates.

Geralt ploughing both Morrigan and her mum.

...Geralt and Flemeth?! Ohgod. He probably would, too. Flemeth definitely would.

It was a completely baseless rumour with no viable sources. When will GAF learn not to believe in random bs heard on the internet? This isn't the first time GAF had a meltdown over some unlikely rumour, lol.

démenti
deɪˈmɒ̃ti/
noun
an official denial of a published statement.

That makes the word "Official" in the title redundant.

So it was a similar guy to the gaf member that had internal info about the witcher 3 going to be crap? Why im not surprised...
I dont understand why the people creating rumours about cdpr are people that want the company burned down. Some fanatical stupid people or other companies paying people to create bad publicity for a succesful and well loved ones is the only thing that comes to mind.
In french, "langue" got 2 meanings, tongue, and language. ^^

Same with spanish.

Nugg

Pretentious vocabulary is pretentious.

Anyway, thank god.

Don't worry, I've translated the OP for you

Rumors are bullshit, says CDPR's big boss

Rumors gonna rumors, but this one is real bad, so we're saying it's bullshit. The money guys are mad, so they want you to know that no one is buying CDPR RED or GOG right now. Also the proof is a fake, I can tell from the pixels.

CHC

A relief but not a surprise. Someone just wanted to stir shit up and they were successful. I'm glad the CEO came out with a no-bullshit answer, though. It's refreshing even though it really shouldn't have to get to that point.

boskee

Cyberpunk publishing deal then? Let's make a fuss about that to see if they dementi that.

They specifically said that the payslip posted by DSO as a proof is fake. Which means that everything about this story is most likely fake, including EA representatives in their offices.

Top Bottom