• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Doom 3 Topic. (ALL POSTS ON THE GAME HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
tedtropy said:
One thing that may or may not help some is simply defragmenting the partition that you have Doom 3 installed on. The install for the game dumps quite a bit of non-continious data on your hard drive. There's also cache settings within the game's config file that you can screw around with that may help, though personally I didn't get any real results out of that.
I defragged my drive right after I installed the game (probably should have right before I think, but whatevah).

I'll try dropping the quality setting down a notch. Would it help to have more ram? Or more video ram?

Both would probably help. What quality settings do you have it on? High works best on 256mb cards. It seems that with enough ram though the problems are minimized (although I don't really understand why that is...unless theres so much data that it has to swap with the hard drive some).

bah just finished the game and the ending sucked! The game is soo long and all we get after finishing it, is a damn 30 sec ending!

BTW the last boss was hard! Took me like 15 tries to beat him

I'm getting white flashes on the screen now, i think it may be somthing to do with one of the pak files i put in the base directory.

Oh, and the entire first scene with the pinky demon is amazing, the polish in the game is really great

Slo

I predict post #666 will open a rift from hell, and this forum will be invaded by viscous Japanophiles and Nintendrones.

Slo

IF MY CACULATIONS ARE CORRECT, WE'RE ALL ABOUT TO DIE

20c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom