• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official E3 2007 Nintendo Press Conference Thread

Xdrive05

Someone please post the WMP URL for the G4 stream when it goes up. They kicked ass for the MS conference. KthXbI.

DSWii60

Haunted One said:
1up and Gamesport are on par, imo. G4 had the bigger/better picture, but fading to black during the show (when there were ads on the TV version) made me switch.

I only got fading during the first advertise break, but after that the stream was continuous without any lag or fading at all.

Krowley

While I was waiting for this thread, I spent a couple of hours reading the Tarot and staring at a crystal ball. I made some predictions and I'm going to post them here just in case it turns out that I have true psychic powers. I want witnesses if that happens.

Predictions

*Miyamoto and Yuji Naka come on stage and race each-other in the mario/sonic Olympic game..

*Naka stays on stage and announces a new game for wii from his new studio with a short teaser trailer...

*Miyamoto parades back out and does a demonstration of mario galaxy showing new features we haven't seen before.

*Metroid is demoed and surprises people with it's graphic quality in motion.

*Wiiware demonstration with a quick montage trailer and some info from reggie about how it will work.

*Spielbergs game demoed on stage. Wows the crowd because of it's excellent use of the wiimote and interesting concept.

*Wii-health pack is like guitar hero or rock band... It comes with all kinds of extra controllers and addons that let you do different excercises with motion sensing and even body monitoring. Has online capabilities.

*Monolith RPG is announced.. Looks pretty interesting but all we get is a teaser

*Forever blue announced for american release in early 08... Playable for journalists at the show.

*Kid Icarus by retro announced with a full trailer. Mind blowing graphics for a wii game.. Everybody will be saying "Why couldn't they make metroid look that good??"

*Smash brothers on stage demonstration, but not playable by journalists. Sonic announced as a playable character. they bring naka and miyamoto back out on stage again to fight eachother with sonic and mario. Online features are discussed in detail. Release date announced

*Mario kart and animal crossing anounced and playable at the event. Mario kart to be released in europe this christmas as a replacement for smash, which won't make it out there this year.

*Chrystal chronicles wii turns out to be at the event and playable, even though it's not on the square release list.. This will be one of the surprises.

*Iron chef game for wii made by nintendo is announced during a video montage. Playable at the event. Very simple graphics but fun.

*nintendogs wii is announced and will be released this year in japan, 08 in america. 100 dog breeds to choose from. Dogs eventually grow up and can learn professions. New breeds and color patterns downloadable. Share your dogs with other users via wiiconnect24.. Create your own breeds by mixing different breeds together. Different breeds have vastly different behaviours... Uses a genetic algorithim to mix breeds. You can sell puppies online in a virtual market place with a fake currency then use that currency to buy accessories for your dogs or buy other people's puppies.. Bring your dogs online and compete in events with other users, which can also earn you virtual currency. Functions like an MMO with mii support but no chat.

*Factor 5 pilot wings teaser shown.

*Nintendo creating developer tools that will allow 3rd party's to deliver more exciting visual experiences and more immersive wiimote functionality.

-----------------------------

Ok nintendo, now you know my expectations, I hope i'm not disapointed.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
For dudes and dudettes at work I am Live Blogging the conference, if you can't watch the video then head to my site here and I will be updating.

Ant add to OP :D

plz

big_z

Defuser said:
So besides Metroid Prime,Mario Galaxy and SSMB,are we gonna expect tons of training games?

That's what a lot of people are saying... i expect a meh showing from them. I'm interested in wii health though, just to see what it really is.

Haunted

Defuser said:
So besides Metroid Prime,Mario Galaxy and SSMB,are we gonna expect tons of training games?
Well, on the hardcore front, I'm hoping for Mario Kart, maybe some Battalion Wars pimping, a FE10 release date announcement. New trailers for Disaster and maybe the announcement of Monolith Soft's next game...

For the casuals on the Wii, I guess they'll be showing the new Wii___ games (Health, Music, Motorsports).

Don't really know what to expect on the DS, but I think most of their Training games will be shown at a japanese tradeshow (TGS?), since Japan's the strongest market for these types of games. I'm so hoping for a new handheld FE, but I don't think it'll happen.

29 minutes!

I used 1up for the MS conference - it streamed great but the quality wasn't too great, especially since the small windows made a lot of it difficult to see. Is the G4 wesbite one avaliable to anyone, and if so, how is the picture quality? Does it stream well?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Nice moment for 1UP to go down god dammit... =P Last night I just had the laptop, and whenever G4 went to ads I would just look at the 1UP stream =P. Whats the best stream available? GS or 1UP?

Animal Crossing, Animal Crossing, Animal Crossing, Animal Crossing, Animal Crossing, Animal Crossing, Animal Crossing, Animal Crossing, Animal Crossing, Animal Crossing, Animal Crossing, Animal Crossing, Animal Crossing, Animal Crossing, Animal Crossing, Animal Crossing, Animal Crossing, Animal Crossing, Animal Crossing, Animal Crossing, Animal Crossing, Animal Crossing, Animal Crossing, Animal Crossing, Animal Crossing.

Please.

My predicitions for reference:

Wii Sports 2 announced
New SSBB trailer
Mario Kart announced and shown
Animal Crossing announced and shown
Online system reworked starting with Animal Crossing
Classic Nintendo franchise revival BUT WHAT?
Evidence of Nintendo pouring big money into Monolith Soft
New Wii channels
Duck Hunt and Punch-Out remakes among first WiiWare games

Setanta

Haunted One said:
Well, on the hardcore front, I'm hoping for Mario Kart, maybe some Battalion Wars pimping, a FE10 release date announcement. New trailers for Disaster and maybe the announcement of Monolith Soft's next game...

A FF7 wii remake would be nice. Too much to ask?

DrGAKMAN

Banned
Hey, I'm watching/recording this on my HDTV via the Wii by using the internet channel on G4TV's spotlight webpage...I never used my Wii to watch a streaming site before, will it work? Or will it say I need a different browser once the stream starts???

Haunted

Alkaliine said:
I used 1up for the MS conference - it streamed great but the quality wasn't too great, especially since the small windows made a lot of it difficult to see. Is the G4 wesbite one avaliable to anyone, and if so, how is the picture quality? Does it stream well?
http://www.g4tv.com/e32007/spotlight.html

Available to everyone, best picture quality (imo) and streams very well.

I'm using both the G4 and Gamespot stream, switching between the two when necesssary. 1UP is down for me at the moment, so they lose. :p

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
if they can show us a decent amount of footage from mario galaxy, brawl and metroid prime along with the announcement of a one of Nintendo's main franchises then it shoudl turn out to be a good conference.

thefro

Optimistic Predictions:

- Metroid Prime 3 Trailer/Demo
- Mario Galaxy Demo
- Mother 3 one of the first Wii Ware titles (straight translated dump of GBA rom running on an emulation essentially)
- Disaster: Day of Crisis shown, wicked awesome
- Smash Bros Trailer w/ Sonic revealed + a couple new characters
- Wii Health shown, looks like a mega seller; ditto Wii Music. These are big focuses
- New IP from Shiggy!
- Mario Kart/Animal Crossing/Pilotwings shown in montage
- Kid Icarus Trailer

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Here's what I was looking for. DIRECT link from the Gamespot feed.

mms://a1584.l1165413583.c11654.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/1584/11654/v0001/reflector:13583?auth=cbEcYdxcucRdtcVbIajd0awaDaIdMd_a1bm-bgLpL_-jy-vga-pEFpBE&aifp=jsd&onthespot=1

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
ok guys you can stop panicking now, I'm here

LETS DO THIS

partytime.gif

16:37.22 -

We're standing in exactly the same place. It's busy, hot, and static. Usual Nintendo E3 slowness.

16:33.59 -

We're here but standing in the lobby while they prepare themselves. It's like the bit before a school play.

Eurogamer Text.

Seems we're gonna have a late start

Top Bottom