• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Fable II Thread

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, easily the coolest promotional site ever.

Now that's what the XBL Arcade game should've been like. Or not, cause now it's free. Also the darn thing froze on me when loading what I think is the last scene. :( Good thing you can skip scenes.

Just beat Chicken Kickin'. You get 1000 gold for the full game. Pretty sweet.

I think the trick to kicking properly is to hold down the mouse button when you kick and drag the mouse downwards a little. Seemed to work whenever I did it.

Timber

i did the puppet show thingy on the site and when i completed it, it took me to a non-existant page on xbox.com. no items for me i guess :(

Doytch

Timber said:
i did the puppet show thingy on the site and when i completed it, it took me to a non-existant page on xbox.com. no items for me i guess :(

Ya, make sure you're logged into your account on xbox.com If you still have the redeem page open, it'll still work.

Ok this is strange, you people are failing to mention the most awesome part of that chicken kicking mini game. That being the title that you get for wining, "Lord of yard birds".

Costanza said:
Got all 5 items and 1000 gold :D

How'd you get the other 2, all I can get is the chicken suit, then the dye and expression, and the lionhead tattoo and the doll. it seems like the items are based on what items you choose, can't seem to get the others

Here's to hoping they don't break promises like the last one.

No stupid side missions either, please.

Anyhow, I'm excited but I'll wait for reviews. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Guled

Count of Monte Sawed-Off said:
How'd you get the other 2, all I can get is the chicken suit, then the dye and expression, and the lionhead tattoo and the doll. it seems like the items are based on what items you choose, can't seem to get the others
thats all 5

Count of Monte Sawed-Off said:
ahh, i get it. I thought there were 5 seperate things
Yeah, I guess the description a bit misleading.
21cyt0x.jpg

DogWelder

Gamertags:

Gamertag - GAF Username

Guled91 - Guled
costanza x - Costanza
Josef Redbeard - UltimaPooh
Hootie91 - Hootie
MaizeRage25 - MaizeRage25
AJ4seven - Cerebral Assassin
Aselith - Aselith
DKMS Somnia - Somnia
Oml3t - Domino Theory
TeknomanEX - Teknoman
dorkimoe - dork
SpudxBud - SpudBud
Liquidlynch13 - xS1TH L0RDx
Tissot - tissot
Cocopjojo - Cocopjojo
MaiPenrai - Len Dontree
II Zophar II - Zophar
spoonkiiiah - vumpler
Les Doodis - Doodis
DrBo - DrBo42
SPEA - SPEA
JJTre - LegendofJoe
Metalic Sand - Metalic Sand
unverbal - 1cesc

Added myself to the list.

permutated said:
No stupid side missions either, please.

Here's an example of a side quest in Fable 2, from the guy I mentioned before (spoilers obviously):
There's a quest which involves talking to a ghost. If you chat to him he'll tell you about a girl who he adored and who broke his heart by rejecting his proposal of marriage after they'd been together for some time. He's bitter about it and wants revenge, so asks you to get her to fall in love with you and then give her a letter he's written for you basically telling her you've been having her on and it was all a sham.
The guy who was playing this then took his character to see the girl and seduced her. He was about to give her the note, but then she said something about her previous relationship and said that she loved that guy (who is now the ghost) but they were too young, and she'd felt guilty about turning him down ever since, and only now felt ready to move on. The game then offers the chance of giving her the letter or marrying her. He didn't want to do the latter because he was already married, so he handed her the note.
After reading the note, she was devastated.
He then went to report back to the ghost, but she was there too - herself a ghost. She'd committed suicide as a result of the letter, and in death she went to see her former lover to apologise for not accepting the proposal all those years ago. She said to the former lover "perhaps we can be together after all", but then saw his character standing there, and soon realised that her bitter former lover had set the whole thing up. She ran off and the jilted lover was jilted once again. The game then gave his character several evil points and basically told him he was a bastard for ruining the lives/afterlives of two people :D

1cesc said:
Gamertags:

Gamertag - GAF Username

Guled91 - Guled
costanza x - Costanza
Josef Redbeard - UltimaPooh
Hootie91 - Hootie
MaizeRage25 - MaizeRage25
AJ4seven - Cerebral Assassin
Aselith - Aselith
DKMS Somnia - Somnia
Oml3t - Domino Theory
TeknomanEX - Teknoman
dorkimoe - dork
SpudxBud - SpudBud
Liquidlynch13 - xS1TH L0RDx
Tissot - tissot
Cocopjojo - Cocopjojo
MaiPenrai - Len Dontree
II Zophar II - Zophar
spoonkiiiah - vumpler
Les Doodis - Doodis
DrBo - DrBo42
SPEA - SPEA
JJTre - LegendofJoe
Metalic Sand - Metalic Sand
unverbal - 1cesc

Added myself to the list.

Go ahead and add me to the list, I'll be buying within a month or two but I plan on playing quite a bit. My tag on here is also my live tag.

Metalic Sand said:
I just cant beat this chicken kicker game.... You just need 1,000 right? All i can get is around 500 :(
I had similar problems, but then I realized I just needed to move the mouse a tiny bit after each kick to "reset" the chicken's angle properly.
GarthVaderUK said:
Here's an example of a side quest in Fable 2, from the guy I mentioned before (spoilers obviously):
So if you were playing a "good" character would the better option be refusing the quest from the beginning or marrying the woman?

Timber

Doytch said:
Ya, make sure you're logged into your account on xbox.com If you still have the redeem page open, it'll still work.
ah, thanks! it works now, just got my 1000 gold. guess i'll listen to the story again :)

im wondering about that cave they mentioned at the end where the hero's items are kept. there was a chap on the gamespot forums a few days ago who'd been playing it and mentioned that cave, but iirc he didn't know for sure what its purpose was. his posts seem to have been deleted now :)

Doytch

GarthVaderUK said:

Ahhhhh, not gonna read it! Usually I just highlight spoilers before even thinking about it, but this time I caught myself.

umm, it says my reward will be waiting for me in fable 2, but how will it know it's me? i didn't have to sign in to xbox.com or anything...

i got the 3 peice chicken suit, the illest of rewards.

xS1TH L0RDx said:
umm, it says my reward will be waiting for me in fable 2, but how will it know it's me? i didn't have to sign in to xbox.com or anything...

i got the 3 peice chicken suit, the illest of rewards.

You might be auto logged on to Windows Live or something. The Fable site does a handshake with your Windows Live account that in turn is linked to Xbox Live.

a Master Ninja said:
So if you were playing a "good" character would the better option be refusing the quest from the beginning or marrying the woman?
That's a choice you have to make I suppose, if you're role-playing as a purely good character should you really take on what sounds like a rather evil side quest, or be disgusted by the mere suggestion of it? Perhaps there may be some way to make it all turn out good for everyone involved? Unfortunately I don't know, but it'll certainly be interesting to explore that kind of thing :)

A few non-spoilery things: he said he's grown very attached to the dog and really hopes it doesn't die on him at any point, the combat builds from being relatively simple in the beginning to "amazing" with much more depth as you progress and evolve your character throughout the game, his character has developed a rather large gut (possibly from drinking too much beer), if you mess up the fart expression you'll maybe end up with more than you bargained for, he genuinely feels that his actions are having an effect on the world in various ways, and he thinks the game's lighting and scenery in particular are beautiful.

disappeared said:
You might be auto logged on to Windows Live or something. The Fable site does a handshake with your Windows Live account that in turn is linked to Xbox Live.

awesome, thanks a bunch for the info.

CHICKEN SUIT GOGOGO

Top Bottom