• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Fitness Thread of Triceps Kickbacks, Swiss Ball Squats, and Testosterdrama

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanR1221

ipukespiders said:
(I'm also cutting)

My grocery list is similar to yours.

I would add beef - it might be expensive in your area, so try hamburg.
I fry it in a pan with a cup of celery, half an onion, and 1 full bell pepper (usually red/orange, gives it a nice colour). Sprinkle a little pepper on it and eat. I do this probably 3 times a week.

I eat 2% cottage cheese. Fat is good!
Same with milk, 2%.
Spinach a few times a week if you can (or more!)
Cheddar cheese - I weight it out, and it's 4 calories/gm of weight. Lots of good fat, and some protein as well.
I do eat raisin bran, I love the stuff. Yep, HFCS (or glucose/fructose as it's called here in Canada). Oh well. I sprinkle some ground flax seed on it.
I also have 2 slices of bread most days.
Aside from the milk, I only drink water - 3 to 4 L/day.

Yeah I thought of incorporating more cheese into my diet. Maybe some cheese sticks as snacks?

deadbeef

Week 1 of Smolov Base complete

Today was 10x3 and wasn't as difficult as I thought it was going to be. I was afraid that I wasn't going to get enough rest after yesterday's workout but it didn't seem to really affect my performance.

Next week, same thing but, adding 20lbs across the board.

Time to eat

Question about squats:

I don't have a squat rack so what I've been doing is power-cleaning the barbell up and over my head and onto the top of my back, which I know is both very dangerous and also not as effective since you can only squat as much as you can clean. I also don't have a spotter or anything so yeah this is really stupid.

So my question is what if I bought like 2 dumbells, like 2x 90lbs dumbells and put one in each hand and just tried squatting up and down like that. Can you gain muscle mass in your legs like this (I have thin girly legs) or is the weight too little?

Lamel

Banned
I have a question, is 1 chicken breast both sides of the chicken's chest or the 1 side? Because I am getting mixed results on google, some say that 1 chicken breast is the entire chest piece of the chicken while others say it is half the chest piece...

SeanR1221 said:
Yeah I thought of incorporating more cheese into my diet. Maybe some cheese sticks as snacks?
I buy big blocks of Cabot cheddar cheese and cut off a few slices to eat every night with my spinach salad.

Cabot's great, though I don't know if you can find it outside of the northeast. It's good, high-quality white cheddar. I buy a variety that has bacon in it, and it's so damn good.

GiJoccin

Saadster said:
I have a question, is 1 chicken breast both sides of the chicken's chest or the 1 side? Because I am getting mixed results on google, some say that 1 chicken breast is the entire chest piece of the chicken while others say it is half the chest piece...

best to do it by weight to standardize it

but as far as i know, "chicken breast" means one side

Enco

Heavy said:
Question about squats:

I don't have a squat rack so what I've been doing is power-cleaning the barbell up and over my head and onto the top of my back, which I know is both very dangerous and also not as effective since you can only squat as much as you can clean. I also don't have a spotter or anything so yeah this is really stupid.

So my question is what if I bought like 2 dumbells, like 2x 90lbs dumbells and put one in each hand and just tried squatting up and down like that. Can you gain muscle mass in your legs like this (I have thin girly legs) or is the weight too little?
Well it would be better than your current setup I think.

You can buy some fairly cheap squat racks online if you like. Have a look on Amazon.

Mr. Snrub said:
I'll make a new thread tonight. Any title suggestions?
3AQmK.gif

Make sure you add in the title "JU is a Sexual Tyrannosaurus"

SeanR1221

I think I might eliminate Oatmeal from my diet also. I feel like I can get the carbs from fruit, my PB sandwich at lunch, a little from chicken, etc.

I'm trying to only have around 150g carbs per day.

So for breakfast Id have eggs, cottage cheese, turkey bacon, fruit, whey...things like that.

I just had my first training session and I fucking fainted.

I don't know if I should be incredibly embarrassed or not. I will say the experience was extremely odd..

Edit: My mistake!

JaskoX1

Banned
Can someone tell me the pros and cons of gold standard whey protien isolates? 24g, 5.5g bcaa's - 31 servings. 100% Whey Protein.

My general workout includes biking (usually around 6-9 miles a day); speed rope'n, push ups, pullups - suicides and overall basketball play - that's what I do a day. No weight lifting really.

What would be best for a teen 5'10 weight: 145ish looking to gain some muscle.

edit: did I get lost, wrong thread? if so, can someone please guide me :3

kehs

Banned
JaskoX1 said:
Can someone tell me the pros and cons of gold standard whey protien isolates? 24g, 5.5g bcaa's - 31 servings. 100% Whey Protein.

My general workout includes biking (usually around 6-9 miles a day); speed rope'n, push ups, pullups - suicides and overall basketball play - that's what I do a day. No weight lifting really.

What would be best for a teen 5'10 weight: 145ish looking to gain some muscle.

edit: did I get lost, wrong thread? if so, can someone please guide me :3

New Fitness Thread

Prez

Lazy bum seeking advice here. I've always wanted to work out, but just a little bit. I don't have the discipline to go to the gym every day for 1-2 hours. Actually I just don't want to and don't have the time for it (some weeks I do, other weeks I don't and that usually results in quitting altogether).

I could never get myself to go to the gym either. So how about simply doing exercise at home? My parents have plenty of weights they've never used.

All I want to work on is my chest, biceps and triceps. Would I get some decent results if I work out a schedule that goes like this:

First day: biceps (30 minutes)
Two days later: triceps (30 minutes)
Two days later: chest (30 minutes)

That's basically just half an hour of exercise every two days, three times a week. It's the only thing I could see myself holding on to and it's certainly better than doing nothing.

As soon as I consider doing more, I'll just end up doing nothing at all, so this is my best bet.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Stabbie said:
Lazy bum seeking advice here. I've always wanted to work out, but just a little bit. I don't have the discipline to go to the gym every day for 1-2 hours. Actually I just don't want to and don't have the time for it (some weeks I do, other weeks I don't and that usually results in quitting altogether).

I could never get myself to go to the gym either. So how about simply doing exercise at home? My parents have plenty of weights they've never used.

All I want to work on is my chest, biceps and triceps. Would I get some decent results if I work out a schedule that goes like this:

First day: biceps (30 minutes)
Two days later: triceps (30 minutes)
Two days later: chest (30 minutes)

That's basically just half an hour of exercise every two days, three times a week. It's the only thing I could see myself holding on to and it's certainly better than doing nothing.

As soon as I consider doing more, I'll just end up doing nothing at all, so this is my best bet.
Re-post in new OT: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=431741

SUPARSTARX

McLovin said:
What do you guys think of the d4/t7 stack? I've been trying to get rid of my belly and the guy at gnc recommended it.
I'm on the EC/ECY stack.

Ephedrine
Caffeine
Yohimbine HCL

Taking these during my intermittent fasting hours coupled with some BCAA's before training. I've been dropping about 1.5 to 2lbs a week consuming around 1600 to 1800 calories daily.

Heppell

Banned
Apparently Zyzz has died
Now he is known to be a troll.
If he have seen videos of him, he uses words as "u mirin" - you admiring and "u Jelly" - you jelous, "come at me bro", "u mad?"

Check this out its how Zyzz became a a "god".
Its stuff out of the movies, how a geek who played World of Warcraft to becoming some sort of sensation a pimp, and people being envious of him.
He use known amongst the youth and amateur body building comunity.
http://www.squidoo.com/zyzz

hes some videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUF-B...layer_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCcsp...eature=related

This
1287002586942.jpg

to this

1286998513428.jpg

LogicStep

Hey guys, I just wanted to make question since I don't know if I should be worried or not. I have searched Google and I really haven't found anything to make me feel like I don't need to worry. I have been working out very hard for a while now, eating a lot making sure I'm taking in enough protein and results are showing and I'm happy with where I'm going. What's worrying me is that I tend to eat one can of solid white tuna almost every day and I don't know if that's healthy or not. I'm thinking about the mercury that tuna has. Do I need to back off from tuna or do I keep going with it? It tastes pretty decent and has a ton of protein and almost no fat/carbs.

zazrx said:
Hey guys, I just wanted to make question since I don't know if I should be worried or not. I have searched Google and I really haven't found anything to make me feel like I don't need to worry. I have been working out very hard for a while now, eating a lot making sure I'm taking in enough protein and results are showing and I'm happy with where I'm going. What's worrying me is that I tend to eat one can of solid white tuna almost every day and I don't know if that's healthy or not. I'm thinking about the mercury that tuna has. Do I need to back off from tuna or do I keep going with it? It tastes pretty decent and has a ton of protein and almost no fat/carbs.

Sorry, you'll want to head to the newest thread found here.

But, to answer your question, there is this website that would suggest you're overeating. Personally, most reports that I have read would suggest that this website is a crock of shit.

entremet

Anyone on a cyclic low carb diet? I find better recovery on my lifts when eat higher carbs on workout days? And I'm still leaning out too. I don't go crazy and stick with stuff like white rice, just tastes better, instead of gluten grains or refined carbs.

entrement said:
Anyone on a cyclic low carb diet? I find better recovery on my lifts when eat higher carbs on workout days? And I'm still leaning out too. I don't go crazy and stick with stuff like white rice, just tastes better, instead of gluten grains or refined carbs.

Please move your question to the new thread found here.

Also for the love of God can a mod please lock this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom