• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Futurama Quotes / Animated Gifs / Love-fest Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This should be simple enough. In Futurama-The Devil's Hands Are Idle Playthings, when Fry's on stage and starts explaining the plot to his opera, the Robot Devil jumps on stage in irritation and says something about how to tell a story. I'm trying to remember what the exact quote is. Can anyone help me out here?

Edit: Thanks for answering my question! Feel free to talk about Futurama amongst yourselves.

LakeEarth

Type what you know into google.

EDIT : I got this from typing "robot devil feel angry"
Your lyrics lack subtility! You can't just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Fry has just played the part in his opera where the Robot Devil character sings "I'm stupid, I'm stupid, I'm stupider than you in every way!"

The real robot devil jumps on the stage and says
"Stupider? Bah! This opera is as lousy as it is brilliant."

He then kicks one of the holophonor actors and Fry stops playing

"Your lyrics lack subtlety. You can't just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!"

Edit: Oh yeah, all the Google geniuses beat me to it. I actually opened up my copy of the episode and transcribed it myself!

Peff

"Your lyrics lack subtlety. You can't just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!"

?

Stumpokapow said:
Fry has just played the part in his opera where the Robot Devil character sings "I'm stupid, I'm stupid, I'm stupider than you in every way!"

The real robot devil jumps on the stage and says
"Stupider? Bah! This opera is as lousy as it is brilliant."

He then kicks one of the holophonor actors and Fry stops playing

Edit: Oh yeah, all the Google geniuses beat me to it. I actually opening up my copy of the episode and transcribed it myself!

Aha! That's what I was looking for. I didn't recall any of the quote, only the scene so didn't have much to feed google.

Thank you.

NIN90

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
DragonGirl said:
Aha! That's what I was looking for. I didn't recall any of the quote, only the scene so didn't have much to feed google.

Thank you.

Robot Devil: "I WANT MY HANDS BACK"

Fry: "Never! A deal's a deal even with a dirty dealer."

Robot Devil: "Very well, then I'll take what I want from Leela. Leela has promised me her hand!"

Leela: "Fry! You do not understand. I should have revealed I've been deafened by Bender. The shame, the shame. But I feared you'd stop writing this music splendor, deception's the curse of my whimsical gender!"

That's my favourite line :lol

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
irony.jpg

The use of words for something other than their literal intention...

Now that..

is..

Irony!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Stumpokapow said:
Robot Devil: "I WANT MY HANDS BACK"

Fry: "Never! A deal's a deal even with a dirty dealer."

Robot Devil: "Very well, then I'll take what I want from Leela. Leela has promised me her hand!"

Leela: "Fry! You do not understand. I should have revealed I've been deafened by Bender. The shame, the shame. But I feared you'd stop writing this music splendor, deception's the curse of my whimsical gender!"

That's my favourite line :lol

"You should have read the wording in the fine......

...print..."

Gets me every time with the robot devils head popping out from behind the contract :lol :lol :lol

Peff

I will marry her now and confine her to hell, how droll, how droll!
Where Styx is a river and not just a band
Though they'll play our reception if all goes as planned
Unless Fry, you surrender my hands!

So awesome :D

So, I guess this is now an appreciation thread for The Devil's Hands Are Idle Playthings? Awesome.

"Bender! What a surprise! For you. Finding me in the refrigerator!"

Peff

I wish they had done the new stuff at some point between seasons 1-4, I really like that scene as the ending of the series.

But alas, that would drive the CONTINUITY! guys nuts, I guess.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Peff said:
I wish they had done the new stuff at some point between seasons, I really like that as the ending of the series.

But alas, that would drive the CONTINUITY! guys nuts, I guess.

But the good news is that ITWGY and Devil's Hands serve as excellent series finales.

"Surgery in an opera? How wonderfully decadent! And just when I was beginning to lose interest... Djambi, the chocolate icing!"

Hedonismbot :lol

kGRZj.jpg

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Lionel Mandrake said:
So, I guess this is now an appreciation thread for The Devil's Hands Are Idle Playthings? Awesome.

"Bender! What a surprise! For you. Finding me in the refrigerator!"

The way Bender flails his arms as he jumps back is surprise is fun:
29onbef.gif

Blader

I really like Devil's Hands, but it loses points with me for a horribly neutered version of Bender. He's way too nice and just unfunny.

KevinCow

Banned
The use of words expressing something other than their literal intention.

Now, THAT!

IS!

IRONY!

Edit: Goddamn, I should read the thread first next time.

krae_man

Everyone found the hidden table read on the DVD right?

Man that was a happy day for me:lol

I love this episode soo much.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
DrForester said:
Nice, it's almost like you have some type of unholy...

ACTING TALENT!!!!!!!

Just because it's a dramatic scene, doesn't mean you can't do a little comedy in the background. Throw a pie or two, for God's sake.

My favorite episode - A Head in the Polls

My favorite Futurama quote - "Computers may be twice as fast as they were in 1973, but the average voter is as drunk and stupid as ever!"

A close second and one that my coworker and I use all the time ... "Tell them I hate them!!" (Professor Farnsworth in reference to the Grunkalunkas)

Ponn

Banned
"I've become bitter and let's face it crazy over the years! And after I'm swept into office, I'll sell our children's organs to zoos for meat, and I'll go into people's houses at night and wreck up the place!" - Richard Nixon's head

and a recent new one

"I don't want to live on this planet anymore"

I also love being able to rewatch every episode of Futurama and finding little things I have managed to miss after multiple viewings that make it more funny. They just showed the ones with the cats taking over and I thought the scene was funny where the guy asks Amy if she is drunk and it was funny to begin with because she said yea but just rewatching it I notice she says "thats not revelant" instead of relevant. The constant word mispronounciations are hilarious in this show.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
SolarPowered said:
I'd like to know what software he uses as well. I'd like to take a crack at making my own gifs for fun.

Open episode in VLC (I have the entire series on DVD, all ripped), get starting timestamp, but any other media player would do just fine. Open in VirtualDub (which is normally a video editing and encoding software), crop episode to the period of time I need (Edit -> Set selection start, click to end, Edit -> Set selection end, Edit -> Crop to selection), add a filter to resize (Video -> Filters -> Add -> Resize -> set width height), file -> export -> animated gif. Upload to tinypic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom